SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Hey guys! Count yourselves lucky - you just rolled yourself into the best cabin :winkazurill:

For those of y'all who don't know, Cabin 4 here has a little bit of a history. See, back when Smash Camp was first a thing, Cabin 4 won literally every camp. They were led by the same person for all of those years, but then one year he became staff, and eventually left the Smash Camp scene entirely. Every year he's not been counselor, Cabin 4's lost. People often call this the Cabin 4 curse, and it's been since 2012 since we've won. But this means we're in the perfect spot to kick this curse in the ass. We have the chance to make history. And damn it, I'm ready to make history with you guys.

I realize claiming we're going to win is a ballsy as hell claim to make, but it's one I genuinely believe. A lot of people believe that the victors of Smash Camp are, in part, decided by the quality of the members in the cabin. Who was the "most talented". I'm sure this is going to be a much larger voice this year. I don't believe that. At the risk of sounding like an anime protagonist, I believe that what it takes to see your name up on that leaderboard isn't anything inherent to you but the amount of energy you put into any given event. So no matter who you are, no matter your flash game skills, or your artistic skills, or whatever skills are relevant in the challenges we come up against, I know that you can put your name on that leaderboard if you put your heart into it. And I'll be doing that right along with you guys. I wanna see that end-of-day board filled with purple, and I know we can do it with flying colors.

So let's do this. Let's destroy that Cabin 4 curse. Let's hang out together and create fun, wild memories throughout the week. Let's beat everyone else, and let's do it with a proud, confident smile that of course we won, we're Cabin 4.

In the meantime though, let's get to know eachother a bit, both in here and in our cabin chat on Discord. Smash Camp is certainly a competition, but it's more importantly a chance to get to know eachother too, and I'm really looking forward to just hanging out with y'all and having a blast this week! I'm Kat - I'm a gremlin who lives in the dumpsters of Smash Camp at this point tbh. I'm Cabin Counselor by title but I mean I really don't consider myself any more important than any of you guys since we're all going to be doing everything together. This is just as much your cabin as it is mine. I can help answer questions and such though if you have them.

Last edited:

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Waves. Goes by Deva. Tends to be fairly quiet and guarded. Never participated in Smash Camp before. Joined to feel a little more a part of this community. Expects no closer relationships as a result. Aims for...general name recognition? Something like that.

Admits to hesitating while signing up. Worried about no inclination to complete events (specifically the Scavenger Hunt and Pokemon tournament, possibly writing and art). Felt like that while observing Marriprom. Saw flash games among past events, though. Recognized Pterattack in 2018's Smash Camp too. Provided some comfort.

Intends to share any useful strategies, as able. Cannot guarantee success on that front. Certainly plans to try.

Dislikes Discord, for the record. Will read it, but avoid saying anything in it. Edit: Says "Invite invalid". In case of needing it: Deva#6675.

Last edited:

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Waves. Goes by Deva. Tends to be fairly quiet and guarded. Never participated in Smash Camp before. Joined to feel a little more a part of this community. Expects no closer relationships as a result. Aims for...general name recognition? Something like that.

Admits to hesitating while signing up. Worried about no inclination to complete events (specifically the Scavenger Hunt and Pokemon tournament, possibly writing and art). Felt like that while observing Marriprom. Saw flash games among past events, though. Recognized Pterattack in 2018's Smash Camp too. Provided some comfort.

Intends to share any useful strategies, as able. Cannot guarantee success on that front. Certainly plans to try.

Dislikes Discord, for the record. Will read it, but avoid saying anything in it.
Smash Camp's supposed to be about having fun. If you wouldn't have fun being competitive, then don't worry about that. We're here to make memories and really make the most of whatever this week entails. And it's definitely not just about the competition either. It's about hanging out and such, which we can still certainly do on the forums. It's not like we need discord to talk, after all.

Welcome, though! Glad to have ya aboard! I'm been afk for so long that a lot of the people so far for me are completely new faces, so I'm pretty excited to just get to know everyone.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Hi! I'm Lulu and I am willing to do everything

...YEA

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Hello my name is Bones, I'm dead and bad at talking to people

I was hoping I'd get into a cabin with people I've at least interacted with, so I'm glad that happened.

I work 4 out of 5 days of camp, so I'm not sure how much I'll realistically be able to do, but I'm gonna try my best.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Hey hey everyone!!! Hope to enjoy some lovely times at this year's smash camp. ^^

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
Hey there! I go by Calaf on here and on Discord. This is my first Smash Camp and I don't really know what to expect, but I'm hyped for it anyway! Let's have some fun and win this thing! ^^

chidzz

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST (GMT+10)
G'day lads and lasses! This is my first time doing tis thing and don't really know how it works exactly, but ready to smash it!

Burr

Sleepiness incarnate
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wuyoon
Time Zone
CST
Yo. It's Burr. I led Cabin 2 once. I've known Kat forever, so I guess that's why they keep making me stick with her in this cabin now. Her hair gets everywhere though so yuck.

I lazily sleep around and then once a year when people start moving back into camp I have to wake up and entertain y'all. It's fun though.
I'm fairly chill, try to take things slow and calm. Life is too short to run y'know? I ain't that competitive but I'll do my part to bring victory and/or happiness.

God

a Mess
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
EST
^ hey now kat's hair is beautiful

I am a bit unhinged and pretty all over the place so just. Be sweet to me and I'll carry, otherwise I will be smad. Very smad.

I'm Alexo and will be painting or playing League/SDV when I'm not doing this