October 2019: Drawing Challenge Month

gylfie

you shouldn't have listened
It's that time of year again!

Lots of drawing challenges pop up in October, so share your work here if you're participating in any! This includes, but isn't limited to Inktober, OCtober, Drawtober and Drawlloween. You can follow prompt lists or make a comic panel each day or just draw whatever you feel like. No pressure if you miss days or get tired; these challenges are about encouraging good habits and having fun, so go forth and create!

Here's a prompt list for each challenge, but feel free to look for more if you'd like :-)

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
I'm not following any prompts or doing a special challenge, but I do want to use this month to get back into art because I've been slacking. While I have been pretty consistent with my 151 Pokemon series, I haven't drawn a lot of more serious pieces in a while.

My favorite thing to draw is ship art because I'm Mystic Messenger trash so I saved a bunch of cute shoujo manga pictures and will be using those as reference to draw my cuties.

Here's a little doodle I did yesterday:

The guy is Saeran Choi from Mystic Messenger and the girl is my own OC I created specifically for this series. (I also RP as her and she's my baby)

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Oh my god Saeren looks so soft, and he has his red hair back aaaaaaa

I'm getting a drawing tablet here soon (finally!!) so hopefully I can do some of this more, but I need to get back into drawing as well. May edit this with a piece later. I tend to draw exclusively my/my friends' tabletop RPG characters, oops

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@SarasaKat It's what he looks like after the Secret Endings! I do think the white + pink hair looks cuter on him but the red matches so well with the mint colored eyes aaaah. ❤ I don't know how much of the game you've played but my art may contain some spoilers because I've played all the routes + after endings + extra DLCs. xD

Anyway, I caught the drawing bug and ended up making another ship thing yesterday. Mystic Messenger again, of course. Saeran looks different because this game has like a million timelines and he changes personality and appearance in all of them. In this particular outcome, he ends up with scarring on the left side of his body after being in a burning building. It may be an otome game but the plot is wild.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Lots of otome games have some pretty wild plots, honestly haha

They both look great, Kaori! Maybe one day I’ll actually go back and play that route hehe... your art is lovely as always!

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
@Kaori I'm awful and while I've only played Jaehee's and V's route to their completion, I've looked up pretty much all the spoilers
That said, V is my sunshine boi I love him so much

I'm not super proud of this piece, but this is what I did last night. I decided I really wanted to focus on was pieces that go out of my comfort zone, so they're going to generally not look great. I draw a lot of close-up faces looking straight on and torsos, and while I think I have that down, everything else kind of suffers. The group here is of a scene in one of the RPGs I run (based on the Octo Expansion).

Last edited:

gylfie

you shouldn't have listened
hey this is great! I'm so glad you guys are feeling the october art energy :D

@kat nothing wrong with drawing what you love. drawing tablets are super fun to mess around with so I'm excited for you! let me know if you want drawing program suggestions or anything.
it's great that you're challenging yourself to get out of your comfort zone. I think that's when we learn the most ^^
I love the comedy of it, and nice use of clothing lines to indicate volumes/direction 👌

@Kaori i love how clean your lines and colouring are!! I've never played mystic messenger but i did see a lot of content when it was at peak popularity a while ago. maybe one day I'll check it out :0

Inktober is going well so far for me. My goal is to improve my colouring this month. I'm drawing my friends' OCs instead of using prompts so the first one belongs to lineartts and the second one belongs to loudrawsstuff! (also i finally realized you can resize pictures in these posts LMAO)

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
@keejot Thank you very much! Your pieces are stunning as well! I love how much personality the characters show despite it being relatively simple illustrations. The coloring is on point as well.

I missed a few days but I drew another soft thing. u w u