Music One Hundred Song Face Off: Version Eight! "It's a new soundtrack...I could dance to this beat forevermore ❤"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Alan Parson's Project makes it to the next round! Sorry about the late round start. :c

Fun Tonight - Macross 82-99: 8/10 EDM is always a fun time.
100 Years - Five for Fighting: 5/10 My high school graduation song. This song while it does hold sentimental value to me, I don't really listen to it and try not to because it makes me cry.
No Glory - Skan & Krale (feat M.I.M.E & Drama B): 10/10 I freaking loved this.
Dancin - Aaron Smith (KRONOS Remix): 8/10 Another cute EDM song.
Drive - Halsey: 7/10 Was okay, not my favorite Halsey song but it wasn't that bad.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Fun Tonight by Macross 82-99
9/10 | HEy i know this song and also he'll yea i love it.

100 Years by Five for Fighting
4/10 | oh lord this song lol. the lyrics are impactful at least

No Glory by Skan & Krale (feat M.I.M.E & Drama B)
8.5/10 | bro

Dancin by Aaron Smith (KRONOS Remix)
9.5/10 | just a good ass song my dudes

Drive by Halsey
7/10 | it was pretty and gave nice vibes!

what a good round

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Fun Tonight-Macross 82-99 (5/10). I'm not a fan of this kind of song usually, but this was alright. It's not obnoxious like most EDM beats.. The ending is kind of abrupt, though. It feels like they didn't know how to end it properly, so they just ended it.
100 Years-Five For Fighting (9/10) I absolutely love this song. Vladimir has a perfect voice for this kind of song. It's a nice story told in an interesting way. Love it.
No Glory-Skan & Krale (feat. M.I.ME & Drama B)(4/10). I love the beginning, but the first drop hit, and...the trap beat started. The beginning was epic. It sounded like a final boss theme to an RPG, and the trap beat just ruins it for me. Still, I love the different instruments showcased, and that rap is pretty damn good. Not sure why you need the random guy autotuned beyond recognition near the end, though.
To be completely honest, I'd score this much higher if the trap beat wasn't there. The rest of the song is fantastic, but that trap beat is kinda like putting anchovies on a really really good pizza. Ruins something that's otherwise fantastic.
Dancin-by Aaron Smith (KRONOS Remix) (7/10). Not bad. Really nice beat and backing, but his voice is just kinda weird. Takes me out of the song a bit.
Drive-Halsey. (9/10). This is weird as hell, but in the right ways. I really like this. I'm usually not a fan of voices like Halsey's but it absolutely works in this song. It vibes with the sheer and utter oddity that is everything about this song. This is really damn good.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Fun Tonight - Macross 82-99: 8.5/10
:ravehalper:

100 Years - Five for Fighting: 7/10
A pleasant listen. It’s one of those songs I sometimes hear on the radio, perpetually wonder what the song name and artist are, and never bother to look it up.

No Glory - Skan & Krale (feat M.I.M.E & Drama B): 9/10
I was jammin

Dancin - Aaron Smith (KRONOS Remix): 9/10
More jammin

Drive - Halsey: 8/10
Badlands era was full of bops.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Fun Tonight - Macross 82-99: 4/10 It's got a certain charm to it, I suppose.

100 Years - Five for Fighting: 2/10 It's ironic that this came immediately after Foo Fighters because I have definitely gotten their names confused before. Props for the control he's got over his voice but this was simply not fun to listen to.

No Glory - Skan and Krale feat. M.I.M.E. and Drama B: 8/10 I feel like this is a very nice piece of artwork but nevertheless somehow it's not something that resonates with me.

Dancin - Aaron Smith (KRONOS Remix): 5/10 This mix is really nice but the singer has this droning, sort of stretched sound to him that I can't get over.

Drive - Halsey: 9/10 Badlands is automatically about +3. This is good Halsey.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Fun Tonight - Macross 82-99: 5/10
Eh, wasn't feeling this one.

100 Years - Five for Fighting: 7/10
I've heard this song plenty of times before, but never knew what it was called or who it was by, and part of me always kinda felt like it just emerged fully formed from the aether. Anyway it's a nice song.

No Glory - Skan and Krale ft. M.I.M.E. and Drama B: 7/10
God, I almost don't wanna rate this one. There are parts of it that I really really like, but then other parts just hurt to listen to. Overall I guess I enjoyed it, but giving this a rating at all leaves me second guessing it.

Dancin - Aaron Smith (KRONO Remix): 5/10
Not feeling this one either.

Drive - Halsey: 5/10
Yet again, not feeling this.

Pelion

Regular Trainer
AKA
Curt
Time Zone
Est
❖ Round Sixteen ❖
Fun Tonight - Macross 82-99
Took me a second to recognize this. I can't ever unheard the Lil duck quack. Sounds like Donald the duck dropped something 8/10

100 Years - Five for Fighting
Probably the pinnacle of adult alternative. Emotional but not TOO sappy. 7/10

No Glory - Skan & Krale (feat. M.I.M.E & Drama B)
I know what I'm using in my next fortnite montage. MC's over pronunciation is odd and it needed to be pointed out. 5/10

Dancin - Aaron Smith (KRONOS Remix)
Another one i recognize idk how many times I listened to this. Super good 7/10

Drive - Halsey

Not for me. 3/10

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Macros 82-99 - Fun Tonight: 7/10
This is a really nice song with some instrumentals I can jam to, but I feel like it would work better without the occasional singing.

Five For Fighting - 100 Years: 6/10
The instrumentals are nice, but I'm not really feeling the singer's voice. The piano is really nice though.

Skan and Krale ft. M.I.M.E and Drama B - No Glory: 6/10
The opening is nice, but it feels a little out of place with the rap. Other than the opening though, it sounds like a pretty solid song.

Aaron Smith - Dancin (KRONOS Remix): 5/10
It's okay. Not bad, but not great either.

Halsey - Drive: 5/10
Not feeling this one 100% either. I thought I would like it since I like some of Halsey's other songs, but I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe if I listen to it more, it'll grow on me; it feels like it could.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
Fun Tonight - Macross 82-99: 7/10
If Daft Punk and Earth, Wind & Fire made a song together for some reason, I imagine this is what it'd sound like. It's a little repetitive, but nice nonetheless. It could do without the Yoshi noises though.

100 Years - Five for Fighting: 2/10
Oh boy, this song is sappy. Musically, it doesn't really impress me either. The instrumentals are kinda boring and I really dislike this high-pitched singing. I'm gonna go ahead and pass on this one.

No Glory - Skan & Krale feat. M.I.M.E. and Drama B: 2/10
This song is so not my kinda music. It's not like it's a bad song, but I just didn't like listening to any of it. Nevertheless, I feel like the electronic parts were decent, but it could've gone without the rap, which felt a little out of place to me.

Dancin - Aaron Smith (KRONO remix): 7/10
I definitely liked this song a bit better than the previous one. It just feels a little more mellow to me or something? Anyway, this is pretty good.

Drive - Halsey: 4/10
I'm not digging this. It feels a bit too edgy to me. Halsey's voice is good though, I'll give her that.

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
Fun Tonight - Macross 82-99: Imagine thinking it's a duck quack when it's actually Yoshi.
so 8/10

100 Years - Five for Fighting: I thought this was doki doki when it first started. Unoffensive if leaning on the sadboy a bit too much. 4/10

No Glory - Skan & Krale feat. M.I.M.E. and Drama B: I AM THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS THE ROUGHEST OF WAVES THE TOUGHEST OF TERRORS THE DARKEST OF DAYS 3/10

Dancin - Aaron Smith (KRONO remix): 10/10

Drive - Halsey: yeah ok 5/10

Attachments

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Fun Tonight - Macross 82-99
6/10
Until I read the comments I hadn't realized they used sound effect from Yoshi. That was kinda cute. But as a song it doesn't stand out much.

100 Years - Five for Fighting
6/10
Dang it, don't remind me that I'm growing older.... x_x the lyrics are more interesting than the melody, at least to me.

No Glory - Skan & Krale (feat M.I.M.E & Drama B)
6.5/10
This song was kind of a mess. The beginning was great and had me hooked. Seems dramatic. The rap was eh... didn't really go well with the intro, at least in my opinion, but it wasn't bad. Then at 1:37, um. Don't really know what to say except I didn't really like it. And then it alternates a bit with the sung parts. The overall sound was nice, except for that bit, so I suppose I agree with Devin.

Dancin - Aaron Smith (KRONOS Remix): 8/10 Another cute EDM song
4.5/10
Didn't really feel it.

Drive - Halsey
6/10
Another Halsey song lol. It was Ok, soft, the singing didn't thrill me a lot, but the instrumentals at the end did it a bit more, so it get slightly above avarage.

(Btw if this is too late you don't have to count it, Kaity)

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Dancin dances its way to the next round! Will vote later. Was just trying to crank this new round out.
In Your Spotlight - Trickywi: 5/10 Never really was a fan of this song. No idea why.
Scary Monsters - David Bowie: 6/10 Was okay. Never really cared for Bowie that much.
When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars: 8/10 This song is so sad. I really liked this period of Bruno Mars' career.
Sunflower - Post Malone , Swae Lee: 9/10 This is a bop.
Heaven - Los Lonely Boys: 7/10 Oh wow haven't heard this song in ages. It's nice~

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
In Your Spotlight - Trickywi: 7/10 Cute song that overstays its welcome just a bit. I'm laughing at the idea of Popplio trying to take Electric attacks.

Scary Monsters - David Bowie: 7/10 A jam for sure. David Bowie has a nice voice.

When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars: 8/10 If that ain't a throwback. How old is this song, anyway? Still nice for a listen.

Sunflower - Post Malone and Swae Lee: 5/10 Tbh not as great as I remember from the movie. It sounds a bit too shouty, like they're oversinging. But at the same time I want more, because the song is nice. Huh.

Heaven - Los Lonely Boys: 8/10 Ooh, groovy. This song oozes chill.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
In Your Spotlight - Trickywi: 3/10
I think the idea behind this song is pretty cool. Judging it as a real song instead of a gimmick though, I don't think it's that good. I was kinda expecting the singer to drop the high-pitched voice at some point, and the fact that she didn't made the singing a bit annoying as the song went on. There wasn't really any progression in the piano backing it up either. Overall, it's a cute idea, but not as good a song imo. It scores some points for originality though.

Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) - David Bowie: 8/10
This song is really original, I like it quite a lot. Both the singing and guitar are really nice and work together so well. Definitely a song I'm gonna add to my playlist.

When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars: 8/10
This is a really nice pop ballad. I like how they kept the instrumental backup limited to piano chords to really let the vocals shine. Despite how often this song was played on the radio at some point, I still like it quite a bit.

Sunflower - Post Malone, Swae Lee: 8/10
I don't know what it is exactly, but something about this song really speaks to me. I agree that the vocals are a bit too shouty overall, but the instrumentals really stand out to me. It's a really nice song and I enjoyed listening to it a lot.

Heaven - Los Lonely Boys: 9/10
Damn, this song is groovy. Both the vocals and instrumentals are so smooth and I really really like this song. I found this song to be the most pleasant to listen to, so for me, this one's the winner out of a round of awesome songs overall.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Trickywi - In Your Spotlight: 10/10
This is a really well put together song, and it was so soothing.

David Bowie - Scary Monsters: 2/10
This just wasn't a song for me.

Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man: 5/10
This song was a little bit of a mood about a year ago, but now it's just okay.

Post Malone, Swae Lee - Sunflower: 5/10
Okay. Not really much else to say about this one.

Los Lonely Boys - Heaven: 5/10
This one was also just average for me.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
In Your Spotlight by Trickywi
3/10 | erm, this wasn't bad! i don't know much about this lady but i think this song does show talent. for me personally though, her voice is way way way too... high pitched...i think? it just feels the same piercing pitch throughout the whole song which started grinding on me pretty bad... also i love popplio n all but the fact this song was inspired by a pokemon kinda dents the emotional part of it for me too lol...

Scary Monsters by David Bowie
7.5/10 | a pretty dam fun david bowie song! i can so see this blaring at an 80s party while everyone's getting tipsy.

When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars
6/10 | this song is so packed with emotion and so fun to sing. i've always liked it

Sunflower by Post Malone & Swae Lee
7/10 | hmm i had to listen to this one a few times. i feel a bit conflicted about this. the lyrics are real silly. but it did sound pretty nice, especially the second one's voice (sorry i'm not familiar with either of these artists).

Heaven by Los Lonely Boys
8/10 | i've known this song for as long as i can remember but definitely never knew who sang it.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
In Your Spotlight - Trickywi: 9/10
QwQ

Scary Monsters - David Bowie: 8/10
Bowie tends to be kind of hit-or-miss for me. This is a hit.

When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars: 9/10
Modern pop doesn't usually mesh with me, but I always liked this song. Bruno's voice, the instrumentals, and the emotion just speak to something inside of me.

Sunflower - Post Malone, Swae Lee: 7/10
Good stuff. Felt a little short, though.

Heaven - Los Lonely Boys: 7/10
Have... have I heard this before? I feel like I've heard this before. I like it, at any rate.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
In Your Spotlight - Trickywi
8/10
Cute and soft.

Scary Monsters - David Bowie
4/10
Didn't really like the style.

When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars
8/10
Very pretty.

Sunflower - Post Malone, Swae Lee
6/10
Didn't really like the sound, autotune or whatever it was. The melody was just OK. Overall, the song wasn't bad, though.

Heaven - Los Lonely Boys
7.5/10
Catchy tune. Nice melody.

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
In Your Spotlight - Trickywi: 1/10 bro dats cringe bro
Scary Monsters - David Bowie: 3/10 was actually never a fan of bowie ngl
When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars: 1/10 nahhhhjjjj
Sunflower - Post Malone, Swae Lee: 9/10 even without the movie context this a good fun song ngl
Heaven - Los Lonely Boys: 5/10 this is ok

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
In Your Spotlight - Trickywi (2.5/10) This is not very fun to listen to as a song particularly when you want to hear the lyrics due to its very specific premise
Scary Monsters - David Bowie (7/10) Had a lot of interesting moments
When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars (6.5/10) One of his better songs from that period
Sunflower - Post Malone, Swae Lee (6/10) Honestly don't have much to say about this one even after like 9 months of hearing it
Heaven - Los Lonely Boys (8/10) Good for nostalgia with a great beat, thanks to whomever nominated it for letting me remember the name

Status
Not open for further replies.