Music One Hundred Song Face Off: Version Eight! "It's a new soundtrack...I could dance to this beat forevermore ❤"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
In Your Spotlight - Trickywi: 4/10
I was going to give it a 6, but this song honestly overstayed its welcome, but the melody is pretty. The melody pretty much carries this song, but the vocals are pretty annoying, and the chorus didn't really work for me musically...definitely seems like popplio would prefer a more bouncy song lol

Scary Monsters - David Bowie: 2/10
God I just don't like songs like these lol, the rhythm is so weird and I can't even pinpoint it. The vocals are also not for me.

When I Was Your Man - Bruno Mars: 6/10
I like his songs for the most part and yeah I like this one, but still doesn't work for me completely. His voice is carrying the song and that's in a both positive and negative way, cause the piano just didn't register for me

Sunflower - Post Malone, Swae Lee:
5/10
I love spider verse, but I don't like Post Malone. Okay let's pretend Spider verse doesn't exist. I don't like it half as much anymore.

Heaven - Los Lonely Boys: 8/10
wtf I love this song. But no I haven't heard it before lol

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Heaven makes it to the next round.
Soul Heart - Ed Goldfarb: 9/10 Huh. This is pretty cute.
Clarity - John Mayer: 5/10 Pretty sweet. However, not a huge John Mayer fan.
amen - Bobby Feeno: 9/10 I was groovin~
Stray Cat Strut - The Stay Cats: 5/10 eh wasn't a fan.
On My Way - Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko: 4/10 wasn't really a fan.

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Soul-Heart - Ed Goldfarb: 9/10 A rather simple song, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing when it's this beautifully sung and executed.

Clarity - John Mayer: 4/10 Definitely could do without the clapping, although the horns are nice. Altogether this song doesn't draw me in. Doesn't feel like it goes anywhere at all. If that was the point props I guess but it's not my thing.

amen - Bobby Feeno: 1/10 Now this really isn't my thing.

Stray Cat Strut - The Stray Cats: 6/10 I think "goofy" sums this up pretty well. A fun time nevertheless.

On My Way - Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter, and Farruko: 7/10 Uh, not sure what the Spanish is doing there but it doesn't sound bad.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Soul-Heart by Ed Goldfarb
4/10 | extremely disney-princess ish so it just feels cheesy and boring in that regard. but honestly, minus the vocals this is really pleasant to me, especially that guitar. so when the voice stopped i found myself enjoying it a lot more, which bumped it up a few points but can't completely save the song for me...

Clarity by John Mayer
4.5/10 | well john mayer has pretty cute stuff i guess! i would never ever listen to this on my own, something about it feels weird and bugs me, but it wasn't bad i guess

amen by Bobby Feeno
7/10 | pleasant & probably big brain

Stray Cat Strut by The Stray Cats
8/10 | WOW this brings back memories of 8th grade which was over a decade ago what the hell. Weird & super groovy song but also makes me mad cuz I feel so old.

On My Way by Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter, & Farruko
6.5/10 | idk what to say about this one but it was nice

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Hey everyone! Let's not forget about this game. We are so close to the semi finals. ^^

Last edited:

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
Soulheart - Ed Goldfarb (5/10) I want to like this more but after the lyrical portion ended it definitely drags on (I get they're credits, but in a vacuum the significance of that is lost on me)
Clarity - John Mayer (5.5/10) This is great music to put in the background
amen - Bobby Feeno (7.5/10) This is interesting particularly because I had no idea Arian Foster, a football player who has played for both the college and NFL teams I support, was doing music at all. Parts of the song drag on a bit but he got rhyme
Stray Cat Strut - The Stray Cats (7/10) pretty groovy
On My Way - Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko (6/10) Kinda weird choice of song to have a brief switch in language but it was pretty standard. woodwind instrument was a nice touch though

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Soulheart - Ed Goldfarb
9/10
Sweet and soothing and beautifully sung. Not one of my favorites and I haven't seen the movie, but I felt good about it.

Clarity - John Mayer
6.5/10
Nothing to complain. It was nice, I wasn't bored, it just didn't grab my attention to focus on it for long.

amen - Bobby Feeno
4/10
"Amen amen amen amen bro yeah amen amen amen ***** yo bro amen amen amen yeah uh huh amen" nailed it :p really though, this wasn't really a song, just a sort of preachy talky thing with a chorus saying amen? Not really my style.

Stray Cat Strut - The Stray Cats
7.5/10
I liked the theme. Cats are cool! Nice melody and I listened to the lyrics which were nice as well, cats being their cool casanova selves xD

On My Way - Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko
8.5/10
I was ready to give it a 10 with that introduction, but then the song went in a different direction. It was still good, though. I liked the Spanish parts and the song overall.

Last edited:

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Soulheart: 2/10
zzz this was too slow and boring for me. pretty, sure, but it was super cheesy. the instrumental bit, while better than the vocals, was still boring

Clarity: 6/10
This was a fun listen. Probably wouldn't go out of my way to find it again but it wasn't bad by any means

amen: 5/10
i liked the overall message but this style of music just ain't rly my jam

Stray Cat Strut: 7/10
made me wanna boogie yeehaw

On My Way: 8.5/10
this was a bop

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Soulheart - Ed Goldfarb: 8/10
Pretty and soothing. I do agree with Jasper that it kinda drags after the lyrical portion since it's credits music, but I don't mind it all that much.

Clarity - John Mayer: 6/10
Not my thing, but alright.

amen - Bobby Feeno: 7/10
Not my usual style, but there is something about this song I do like.

Stray Cat Strut - The Stray Cats: 8/10
If cats made songs this is the kind of song they would make, and I think that's an accomplishment in and of itself.

On My Way - Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter, Farruko: 6/10
This was alright.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Soulheart - Ed Goldfarb 3/10
Yep, this is ending credits get out of the theater music. Probably would have more impact if I actually had seen the movie though.

Clarity - John Mayer 4/10
Never been too much of a fan of these types of songs where it's "just a guy singing passionately with his guitar." there are far worse songs than this along those lines though.

amen - Bobby Feeno: 10/10
Love this song. I also love the message of this song about how mega churches can exploit people. The sampling of televangelists is simply beautiful. The rest of the album is also great.

Stray Cat Strut - The Stray Cats 5/10
OK

On My Way - Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko: 5.5/10
It sounds alright. I feel the vocals and background contrast too much no matter who is singing. It feels like the producer struggled to find a beat that could fit both singers and had to compromise. they don't even duet which I feel would make this song far more interesting.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Soulheart - Ed Goldfarb: 6/10
I mean that was pretty good. The vocals kinda kept me there, so the instrumental was just boring lol would have given a 7 if it wasn't there.

Clarity - John Mayer: 5/10
Hey I liked this! I mean John Mayer doesn't have the most relaxing voice to listen to tbh, but I did like the tune and he wasn't impossible to listen to. Would let it run if it hit my playlist. There was a weird metallic hue at some points in the song...really noticeable

amen - Bobby Feeno: 6/10
Yeah not my sorta thing, but even though it wasn't, I still enjoyed a few parts and I liked the lyrics behind it.

Stray Cat Strut - The Stray Cats:
7/10
I thought I wouldn't like it, but damn it's hard to hate when the song is so damn smooth. These vocals were also really pleasant!

On My Way - Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter, Farruko: 4/10
God this started so generic, but then the music shifted tones all of a sudden. Definitely wasn't a smooth transition imo, but still it wasn't bad, but feels more like a mish mash of different styles. I would have liked them individually, but together I'm not really sure what I think.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Hey everyone. I decided to do this to make lives of everyone easier and hopefully make this game more enjoyable again. This game is supposed to be fun and yet, due to my own pressuring it isn't. So with that being said, I'm removing set dates when a round gets started. I will start a new round wherever I get to ten or more votes. Will that be a day? Or a week? Who knows. But I know the removing the pressure of a time limit will hopefully make more people happier.

Another thing is I'll ease off on the reminding. I'll do my best and just only mention the competition as a form of encouragment rather than being frantic about the time limit. I just want to encourage everyone to vote when they have the time and also have fun while doing it. You can also vote if you nominated the songs. That's okay.

Hope these changes are to everyone's liking. No more pressures due to a time limit or me nagging. We are just here to have fun and listen to new music. I apologize for stepping away from the game's original purpose.

Last edited:

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Soulheart - Ed Goldfarb: 1/10 lol why is this here
Clarity - John Mayer: 2/10 john mayer jkajaaaaa
amen - Bobby Feeno: 7/10 not bad
Stray Cat Strut - The Stray Cats: 5/10 not that bad
On My Way - Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko: 2/10 le pretty voice and epic lyric video

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Stray Cat Strut goes on to the next round!

Congratulations - pewdiepie, Roomie, Boyinaband: 1/10 I hated this.
The Grey - Icon for Hire:7/10 Was kind of feeling this. But tis a song I probs wouldn't go back to on my own.
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper: 7/10 Always a good time whenever I listen to this song.
Promises - Aly & AJ: 8/10 Didn't know they still made music lol. I really dig the sound, like a lot.
Powerhouse - Raymon Scott: 5/10 Immediately forgot about it as soon as I closed out the tab.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Congratulations by pewdiepie, Roomie, Boyinaband
1/10 | WHY!!! listen i actually don't dislike pewdiepie at all but this song was mostly so stupid and weirdly edgy in all the most juvenile and generic ways, didn't even sound good. is this supposed to be ironic? i listened to the entire thing and just don't get it sorry lmao.

The Grey by Icon for Hire
3/10 | reminded me of evanescence lol. which i like, but only because i have an emotional attachment. this just felt unoriginal. why do songs like this always sound the same? just kind of a boring, gray bummer.

Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
6/10 | lol a classic. also i hear this all the time at work

Promises by Aly & AJ
9.5/10 | THE QUEENS CAME BACK and they SLAYED. you have no idea how happy that makes me inside. Also, this is my favorite song off that album. Their new vibes are so ****ing good

Powerhouse by Raymon Scott
2/10 | not into it. it's one of those things that is probably so iconic & holds so much nostalgia power, like i'm sure it's a solid piece of music for its purpose, but also holds so little weight on its own especially when you're like me and didn't really pay attention to the music in cartoons like looney toons and ren & stimpy lol. i did not even have fun listening to it. at all.

felt kinda super harsh this round sorry!!! but it was a very weak one for me

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Congratulation-Pewdiepie, Roomie, Boyinaband (2/10). This is...terrible. I REALLY hope this is supposed to be ironic, and a "parody" of the Paul brothers "feud" "songs" that infested youtube at one point. But even if it is a parody, it's just bad. The chorus is like a knock off Disney show song. Pewds is trying to rap, which is commendable considering he's (seemingly) never tried it before, but it's just a complete trainwreck. Nothing in this song works at all. I'm sorry to whoever submitted this and "Don't Stay in School", but these are just bad. Boyinaband has collabed with other youtubers, and they've turned out pretty good (His collab with Jaiden Animations was fantastic), but the two showcased here are not.
The Gray-Icon for Hire (5/10). Good vocals, wonderful harmonies, but the lyrics are really generic. And they're clearly trying to be Evanescence. Not a bad thing at all, bu they're not nearly as good of a band. Not bad, though.
Girls Just Want to Have Fun (7/10). Yup. It's an 80s chesy bubble gum song, for sure. Not the best showcase of Lauper's voice(Time After Time does that best), but still a fun, upbeat song to listen to when you need something fun.
Promises-Aly and AJ (4.5/10). It's interesting. I'm not a big fan of these kinds of vocals, but it works for this kind of beat. I'm still not a big fan, but it fits. Unfortunately, the song is boring and the lyrics, again, are painfully generic. Finding your partner cheating on you with someone else after seeing another car in the driveway (This is giving me super heavy vibes of Genesis's "Misunderstanding").
Powerhouse-Raymon Scott (6/10). This is an extremely iconic song for any fan of Looney Tunes, but on it's own, it's just ok. It's great swing, and the Saxaphone is great, but it needs the energy and the coinciding animation to make it pop.

That...that was not a good round.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Congratulations - Pewdiepie, Roomie, Boyinaband: 5/10 This was good for a laugh and I don't regret watching it, but musically it doesn't offer a lot.

The Grey - Icon for Hire: 6/10 This is a nice sound, which is a shame because it sounds exactly like loads of other things that also have a nice sound.

Girls Just Want to Have Fun: 2/10 Ugh, this song gets on my nerves. Almost couldn't finish it.

Promises - Aly & AJ: 7/10 The bass line is a bit much. I didn't like the song at first but as it went on I found myself enjoying it more.

Powerhouse - Raymon Scott: 3/10 That was, uh, a nice bit of culture, I suppose. But it's also three minutes I'm never getting back.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Congratulations - Pewdiepie, Roomie, boyinaband: 1/10
If you make a bad song, even if you say you're doing it ironically, you've still made a bad song.

The Grey - Icon For Hire: 7/10
Gonna repeat that this is very Evanescence. I like it well enough, especially the singer's voice.

Girls Just Want to Have Fun: 7/10
Good times.

Promises - Aly & AJ: 5/10
I wouldn't say I disliked this, it was just aggressively not my thing.

Powerhouse - Raymon Scott: 6/10
Oh hey this song. Not really something I'd listen to on its own for the most part, but basically enjoyable.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
Congratulations - Pewdiepie, Roomie, boyinaband: 2/10
God, can that stupid Pewdiepie vs. T Series feud finally end now? By this point it's become the most annoying thing I've seen on the internet in the past year. Therefore, I think the idea behind this song is pretty tacky as well. That being said, I can also see the irony behind it though. As bad as this song is, it did manage to exceed my (admittedly very low) expectations a bit, as some lines were quite clever and the music wasn't completely ear-splitting either. Musically, it doesn't offer much either though and while I don't regret watching it, it's not something that I'm ever gonna watch again.

The Grey - Icon For Hire: 4/10
Ehhh, I'm not that much of a fan of Evanescence, so an Evanescence knock-off isn't gonna score many points with me. It's not that this song is unpleasant to listen to, but it just completely lacks any originality.

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper: 6/10
I don't think this song is even that good, but man is it iconic. Great song to sing along to out loud when you're driving home and it comes on the radio, but it's not a song I would ever intentionally listen to.

Promises - Aly & AJ: 8/10
Huh, this song caught me off guard a little bit. The vocals are great and the background music is really smooth too. It's very relaxing, but not so much that it gets boring. I actually really like it.

Powerhouse - Raymon Scott: 6/10
This is a difficult one to judge. I think you have to realize that this song is a product of a different era. Personally, I think this song is pretty interesting in it's own right, but when you compare these 30s/40s jazzy songs with modern music, I guess they may fall a little short. In that respect, Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue (which is used in Disney's Fantasia, among other things) does a little better in my opinion. Still, I think this song is kinda interesting, although I probably won't look it up again.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Congratulations - Pewdiepie, Roomie, Boyinaband - 1/10
w0t

The Grey - Icon for Hire - 7/10
It was a nice listen. I wouldn't mind hearing it again, though I probably wouldn't seek it out myself. On a musically unrelated note, the person who made that lyric video needs to cool it with the fonts and colors lol.

Girls Just Want to Have Fun - 3.5/10
Zzz an oldie that slightly annoys me, but I'll give it credit for accomplishing what it sets out for (fun).

Promises - Aly & AJ - 7.5/10
I don't quite remember them in their heyday, but I liked this.

Powerhouse - Raymon Scott - 3/10
Jazz/swing just isn't my genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.