Music One Hundred Song Face Off: Version Eight! "It's a new soundtrack...I could dance to this beat forevermore ❤"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Burn - Three Days Grace - 6/10
it was k

Dinosaur - King Crimson - 2/10
I am very confused, and I didn't enjoy any of the sections.

Rain - Blackmill - 9.5/10
Really pleasant and smooth. Sounds like something that can be on loop while I focus on stuff.

Ocean - Martin Garrix (feat. Khalid) - 9/10
This deserves to be on the radio more often.

Table for One - Passenger - 4/10
Melody is nice, but the vocals kinda killed it. The style is good for Let Her Go, but the nasality really doesn't work for me here.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Three Days Grace - Burn: 7/10
I feel like listening to this for the face off, I'm not really feeling this as much as I would normally, I dunno. It's still a good song, but I feel like I'm a little iffy on it now.

King Crimson - Dinosaur: 1/10
Not feeling this one at all.

Blackmill - Rain: 8/10
This is such a peaceful and soothing song, I love it.

Martin Garrix ft. Khalid - Ocean: 8/10
Probably a couple years ago, this would've been more relatable, but this is still a good song.

Passenger - Table for One: 4/10
The instrumentals are nice, but the singing isn't doing anything for me. It's a little too nasally, for lack of a better term, for my liking.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Burn - Three Days Grace: 8/10
Bit of a rollercoaster for me. After I got over being afraid my headphones were busted, I enjoyed it quite a bit. But I'm not sure the singer's got quite the right kind of voice for this style. I felt something of a disconnect. And then I left feeling that on the whole the music made up for the parts I didn't like as much.

Dinosaur - King Crimson: 5/10
These long rock ballads don't put me off as much as they might some other people, but this wasn't super in my opinion.

Rain - Blackmill: 10/10
Man, I actually felt so sad when the last chord ended.

Ocean - Martin Garrix and Khalid: 7/10
I liked the chorus exponentially more than the verses, but there's no doubt this is nicely composed.

Table For One - Passenger: 10/10
Mmm, yeah. I'm sure I've never heard this before so I couldn't tell you why it feels so much like an old friend. I should listen to more Passenger.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Burn - Three Days Grace: 6/10
I mean I guess.

Dinosaur - King Crimson: 9/10
Ohh, yes. King Crimson isn't for everyone, not by a long shot, but this kinda stuff is exactly the sort of thing that appeals to me.

Rain - Blackmill: 9/10
Oh my god this is pretty. I honestly didn't want this to end.

Ocean - Martin Garrix and Khalid: 6/10
Not my thing, sadly.

Table for One - Passenger: 8/10
I just wanted to snuggle up in a big ol blanket listening to this.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
Burn - Three Days Grace: 2/10
I'm generally a fan of rock, but this lacks character in my opinion. I hate the crackling noises at the start too.

Dinosaur - King Crimson: 4/10
I definitely like this one better than the previous one. I don't necessarily dislike it, but it's a bit too experimental for my taste. It's very original though, I've gotta give them that.

Rain - Blackmill: 6/10
This is quite pretty. I guess it's nice music to have on in the background, but it's kinda repetitive and it doesn't particularly stand out either. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to remember any of it once it ends.

Ocean - Martin Garrix and Khalid: 8.5/10
I really like this song actually. Whereas I thought the last song someone submitted of him was a little flat, I feel like the background music in this song has just enough oomph to complement Khalid's great voice really well. It makes for a really smooth track overall.

Table for One - Passenger: 7.5/10
Like most of Passenger's music, I like this song quite a bit. However, he writes a lot of music and it all kinda sounds the same to me. After having listened through three of his albums, I'm not as much of a fan of his music as I used to be. Still, this song is very relaxing and it puts me in a great mood, so it definitely scores some points for that.

We Sink

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Burn - Three Days Grace 3/10 this song just kinda dragged on
Dinosaur - King Crimson 6/10: this was just ok a bit long
Rain - Blackmill 5/10: this was a bit too repetitive for me
Ocean - Martin Garrix (feat. Khalid) 9/10: this was a nice smooth jam
Table for One - Passenger 7/10: the vocals left a lot to be desired but still good

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
Burn - Three Days Grace (6/10) This was alright, nothing too special (although that opening was not really something I like hearing in a song)
Dinosaur - King Crimson (6.5/10) I think this was a fine song without the strange interlude in the middle that confused me even considering how the song ended
Rain - Blackmill (7/10) Was expecting a quieter overall track with the mild beat but it works
Ocean - Martin Garrix (feat. Khalid) (7.5/10) I'm not particularly fond of Khalid's vocals at times but it works pretty well with this type of song
Table for One - Passenger (5/10) Not bad for a Passenger song

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Rain makes it to the next round~

The Kill - Thirty Seconds to Mars: 7/10 Thirty Seconds to Mars is always a nice listen. Especially since today was pretty bleh. So with that being said, this song is perfect for my mood atm.
Where is the Love - The Blacked Eyed Peas: 5/10 Black Eyed Peas are not doing it for me atm.
Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue: 7/10 It was something I could jam out to. Not in love, but it was fun!
Mine - Taylor Swift: 9/10 One of my favorite Taylor Swift songs tbh.
See You Again - Tyler the Creator 8/10 Pretty soothing. Maybe that is just me being sleepy though.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
The Kill by Thirty Seconds to Mars
6.5/10 | yo this was pleasant. felt cliche sure, but still hit nicely.

Where is the Love by The Black Eyed Peas
3/10 | this song is objectively pretty good and has a good message and all, like the message is strong and remains true year after year, but i personally liked black eyed peas most when they created those mindless jams in like 2009-2011 lmfao. never found this one to be a very enjoyable listen.

Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue
7.5/10 | WEW WHAT A TUNE

Mine by Taylor Swift
8.5/10 | this is a really good love song. still, far from my favorite of hers, but i like it lots. it's just so sweet and wholesome and like..gives me good vibes all around and hope for the future..idk i know people have a Lot to say about this gal but i just enjoy her in private and think about her lyrics almost daily

See You Again by Tyler the Creator
9/10 | okokokokokoko...ohh those lady vocals hit me like UWU edit: boi this song is so good i've put it on repeat and i bumped up my rating.

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
The Kill - Thirty Seconds to Mars: 6/10
Hmm, I don't know. This is pretty generic angsty stuff and I thought it was unpolished in parts, but the general style still appeals to me.

Where Is the Love - The Black Eyed Peas: 7/10
Not going to be a huge favorite of mine but I think it's groovy enough.

Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue: 8/10
Definitely a jam but I don't think it does a great job keeping up the energy through the whole song.

Mine - Taylor Swift: 8/10
Hey hey, old Taylor. If I had to pick one of her songs to listen to for the rest of my life it would be this one.

See You Again - Tyler the Creator: 7/10
Well this is just full of surprises. Unique and it all comes together pretty well.

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
The Kill by Thirty Seconds to Mars: 6/10 bro dats cringe bro but also aight

Where is the Love by The Black Eyed Peas: 2/10 who did dis

Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue: 7/10 hmm ya

Mine by Taylor Swift: 1/10 bro i hate taylor swift bro

See You Again by Tyler the Creator: 8/10 i prefer earfquake jjjaeje nah but still gud

Fafrir

Wild Side
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan (-6 GMT)
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
The Kill (Bury Me) - Thirty Seconds to Mars: 7/10 - it seemed a bit scattered but for the most part I enjoyed it.

Where's is the Love - Black Eyed Peas: 6/10 - Oh hey, I remember these guys! This song isn't their usual style but it was somewhat upbeat and enjoyable to listen.

Kickstart my Heart - Mötley Crüe: 9/10 - Always an enjoyable track to listen too.

Mine - Taylor Swift: 3/10 - I was never a fan of Taylor, maybe it's because singing about her crushes for almost every song got old after a while.

See you Again - Tyler the Creator: 5/10 - okayokayokayokayokay

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill: 8/10
Pretty sure I've heard this song before, but I liked it.

The Black Eyed Peas - Where Is the Love: 5/10
I've always been on the fence about this song. The chorus is nice, but I dunno about the rest of the song.

Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart: 3/10
Not really feeling this song. It's not bad, but it's not for me.

Taylor Swift - Mine: 8/10
Love jamming out to this one.

Tyler the Creator - See You Again: 3/10
Another song that just isn't really for me.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
The Kill-30 Seconds to Mars (5/10). Yup. This is certainly a 30 Seconds to Mars song. A bland, uninspired song that sounds like every other "punk rock" song that came out around the same time.
Where is the Love-The Black Eyed Peas (3/10). The Black Eyed Peas made a boring, pointless teleathon "peace" song. That's..Suprising. But, yeah, I can't stand these slacktivism songs made by celebrities. Pointless pandering to make a group look better in the eyes of the public. This, We are the World, Greatest Love of All. No thanks. And the fact that a group like Black Eyed Peas made this just makes it sound all the more insincere.
Kickstart my Heart (6.5/10). Really good jam with damn good guitar, but there are plenty of better glam rock songs out there, and a few better ones by Motley Crue themselves. Still a great song to rock out to.
Mine-Taylor Swift (6/10). An early Taylor Swift. Cute, innocent, and...kinda boring. It's just Love Song without the Shakespeare.
See You Again-Tyler the Creator (2/10). This is a really weird song, and nothing in it works well together. None of the singers are particularly good, the rap is mediocre, and it honestly just sounds like everyone is drunk.

Pelion

Regular Trainer
AKA
Curt
Time Zone
Est
The Kill - Thirty Seconds to Mars
2010 zoom zoom. Great emo ahhh anxiety song. I'd give a 7=10

Where Is the Love - The Black Eyed Peas
My freshman year we had to read the lyrics aloud as a group. It didn't work I'm an ardent supporter of an united Islamic caliphate. At least they tried 5/10.

Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
Dadrock AF 8/10

Mine - Taylor Swift

Its hard appreciate any noise or intention from a vapid self indulgent débutante. She's hungry for power and impossible to see her as human. She never felt human emotions, only wrote songs about them. A putrid facsimile, but great singing voice and pretty catchy lyrics 3_10

See You Again - Tyler the Creator
Ok ok ok ok ok. Great pusha T reference I always enjoyed. Such a romantic song I don't listen to enough 8/10

lightmagistrate

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Cody
The Kill - Thirty Seconds to Mars: 6/10 This caffeine rush im on right now is contributing to the enjoyment of this middle school bop.
Where is the Love - The Blacked Eyed Peas: 5/10 It's ok
Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue: 9/10 i listened to this song on 2x speed as a connoisseur of this song and my heart felt like it was gonna restart
Mine - Taylor Swift: 7.5/10 presnake tswift was something
See You Again - Tyler the Creator 3/10 i am not a tyler fan i prefer my rap nicki nasty or missy elliot crazy

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
The Kill - Thirty Seconds to Mars
6.5/10
Nice. I liked the style and the lyrics, though this type of music doesn't appeal much to me.

Where Is the Love - The Black Eyed Peas
8/10
Nice music. I enjoyed the intro and I liked the instrumentals and overall sound. The overall message too, though I'm focusing more on the sound. Don't know much about The Black Eyed Peas, though.

Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
6/10
I'm not too sure about this one. It had energy and overall alright sound, but it just didn't grab my attention enough to really focus.

Mine - Taylor Swift
5.5/10
Nice sound, all right lyrics, but not too relateable, plus the singing seemed kind of empty. Like she wasn't really feeling it. I love how Gaga sings Shallow, for example, because she just puts so much emotion into it, and the lyrics are relateable. Taylor Swift doesn't seem to much in this song.

See You Again - Tyler the Creator
5/10
I'm neutral on this one. I didn't dislike it but I didn't like it either. The lyrics were fine.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
The Kill - Thirty Seconds to Mars: 7/10
Oh hey high-school-me, how's it going?

Where is the Love - Black Eyed Peas: 6/10
This was alright. Not what I'd expect from this group sound-wise, but alright.

Kickstart my Heart - Motley Crue: 7/10
I've got a bit of a weakness for this specific subgenre of rock, so I'm into it, but I wasn't thrilled.

Mine - Taylor Swift: 5/10
Never really much cared for early Taylor.

See You Again - Tyler the Creator: 5/10
This was definitely okay okay okay okay. Not much else, though.

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
The Kill - Thirty Seconds to Mars (4/10) eh
Where Is the Love - The Black Eyed Peas (7/10) A bit dated but still pretty good. Man 2003 Black Eyed Peas was very different from where they ended up
Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue (8/10) This is kinda how the prototypical rock song in my head goes
Mine - Taylor Swift (5.5/10) Kinda bland but not bad I guess
See You Again - Tyler the Creator (7/10) Trap beat section aside this was a surprisingly soft hip hop song and I respect that

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Motley Crue goes on to the next round!

Pantalea - Akiko ****aka: 7/10 Was a nice funky tune.
All Mixed Up - 311: 5/10 Kind of forgot about it after being done with the song.
Waving Through a Window - Ben Platt: 10/10 One of my most favorite songs ever.
Tokyo House Party - Area 11: 4/10 didn't really vibe with me well.
Begin Again - Purtity Ring: 9/10 I really love this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.