Oooh look another personality quiz (The Color Code)

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
So I found this personality quiz that was pretty fun to take. Follow the link below and post your results and discuss if you want!
[link to the quiz]
(keep in mind that at the end of the quiz, an email is required)
What is the color code? (Description taken from the Colorcode website)
"Life can be puzzling. People can be puzzling. But above all, your relationships can be most puzzling. Let's face it: All life is about relationships: personally, professionally, and socially.

Do you wonder why some people are so easy to love, work for, and befriend, while constant effort is required to build and maintain a healthy relationship with others? What part do you play in making the relationships in your life work?

Every relationship begins with YOU. Who are you? Do you really understand why you think and behave as you do? Imagine the power of truly knowing yourself, what motivates you, and how you impact the relationships in your life."

What does each color mean?
Each color represents your core motive in life.

Red (Motive: Power): Red are the power wielders. Power: the ability to move from point A to point B and get things done is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of vision and leadership and generally are responsible, decisive, proactive and assertive.
Blue (Motive: Intimacy): Blue are the do-gooders. Intimacy: connecting, creating quality relationships and having purpose is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of quality and service and are generally loyal, sincere, and thoughtful.
White (Motive: Peace): White are the peacekeepers. Peace: the ability to stay calm and balanced even in the midst of conflict is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of clarity and tolerance and are generally kind, adaptable, and good-listeners
Yellow (Motive: Fun): Yellow are the fun lovers. Fun: the joy of living life in the moment is what motivates and drives these people. They bring great gifts of enthusiasm and optimism and are generally charismatic, spontaneous, and sociable.

You have to answer each question based on how you were as a child. This is why. (description taken from that same website)
"The Color Code Personality Model is motive-based. Most other popular personality assessments are behavior-based. The difference between the two is that the Color Code goes deeper--it explains why you do what you do (motive) rather than just identifying what it is that you do (behavior).

The Color Code theory is that each of us has a Driving Core Motive--the reason why we do everything we do in life. Our Driving Core Motives are innate--they came with us at birth. That is why we advise you to take the profile from your earliest childhood memories of yourself; the theory being that that is when you were truest to your Driving Core Motive, before outside influences began affecting your behaviors.

For most people, their "childhood self" is the easiest way to identify how they naturally are. The profile is designed to be taken from the earliest recollections you have of yourself. The idea is for you to complete the profile considering yourself before you were influenced by outside factors. We want to identify what your personality was before you felt pressure to be a certain way, learned to value some characteristics more than others, etc. For most people, the easiest way to do that is to think of themselves as a child--before they were really aware of their personalities. If you had a difficult time answering from your childhood perspective, we would recommend that you answer thinking of yourself at a time when you've been most comfortable with yourself--when you felt you were being truest to yourself, instead of acting how outside influences wanted you to act."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My results? I am a blue.

Description:
Blues are motivated by Intimacy. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

Blues have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy sharing meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). Blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how about you all?

Last edited:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm completely behind some of the questions. 75% of them were from memory, while others were just what I THOUGHT I did as a kid. Can't completely recall, but I ended up getting my result:

I am Yellow!
MOTIVE [ Fun ]
Yellows are motivated by Fun. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. Yellows need to be adored and praised. While yellows are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. Yellows typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart

ABOUT YELLOW
Yellows need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. Yellows are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. Yellows are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When you deal with a YELLOW, take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions.

Last edited:

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I was uncertain on some of the questions, but I got white! The results seem kinda fitting though.

White
Motive: Peace
Whites are motivated by Peace. They seek independence and require kindness. They resist confrontation at all costs. To them, feeling good is more important than being good. They are typically quiet by nature, process things very deeply and objectively with great clarity. Of all the colors, whites are the best listeners. They respect people who are direct but recoil from perceived hostility or verbal battle.

About White
Whites need their "alone time" and refuse to be controlled by others. Whites want to do things their own way and in their own time. They ask little of others and resent others demanding much of them. Whites are much stronger than people think, but are not often seen for their strength because they don't easily reveal their feelings. Whites are even-tempered, diplomatic, and the voice of reason; but can also be indecisive, unexpressive, and silently stubborn. When you deal with a WHITE, be kind, accept and support their individuality, and look for non-verbal clues to understand their feelings.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
I got blue like Kaity, so I have the same description as her.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Answering it based on how I acted as a child was really difficult. I'd see an answer I'd choose now and think "I wasn't like that as a kid at all." Even so, my result still holds up quite well. There isn't a single detail in the description that is incorrect.

Lazuli already posted the description of blues, so I won’t add it here.

Last edited:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
This was tough. Definitely hard to get into that mindset of "what would best describe me as a kid?", and there were some questions where I just went "wtf none of these would describe me as a kid". I ended up with blue, though.

Motive [ Intimacy ]
Blues are motivated by Intimacy. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

ABOUT BLUE
Blues have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy sharing meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). Blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
I'm a white, and honestly that really fits me

And just for fun I'm gonna list my family in what I think they are based on the descriptions of each color, higher the number older the person

Red - Dad, Brother, Sister 6
Blue - Sister 2, Sister 3, Sister 5
White - Me, Mum, Sister 4
Yellow - Sister 1

Attachments

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
Hmm this is interesting. I was almost sure I would get either blue or white, though after thinking about it and talking about it a little with my mom, I saw that I valued peace more than intimacy, and that was my result. I'm white. Not posting the results again, but this was interesting. I'm some cases I wanted to choose a different answer, but after considering, I chose what I chose.

Also interesting to see why I don't really click with certain people.

Last edited:

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i got yellow and i think it describes me rlly well!!!

MOTIVE [ Fun ]
Yellows are motivated by Fun. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. Yellows need to be adored and praised. While yellows are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. Yellows typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart

ABOUT YELLOW
Yellows need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. Yellows are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. Yellows are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When you deal with a YELLOW, take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions.

Pelion

Regular Trainer
AKA
Curt
Time Zone
Est
I'm blue
Eiffel 45

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
i got yellow!! :J

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
finally got around to this, it took a while and it was very very difficult to think of myself from when i was a child

i got White, but i don't know if it's accurate hmhm

i mean, it seems extremely accurate of me as a child lmao, but i was very different then

since it's just an online personality quiz i definitely see some parts in which it does describe me now, and maybe i'm just rejecting parts that I can't see, but i dunno it feels uncomfortable to dive deep into how stuck inside my own mind i was as a child and be told how it thinks i am now based on that

what a strange quiz :s