EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine

Pʟɴ ɪʜ M
A Bʟʟ Jʀɴʟ Pʀʟɪ

Iɴʀɪɴ
Welcome to my bullet journal! In my search for improvements in organization and productivity in April, I began bullet journaling, a planner system created by a guy named Ryder Carroll [introduction to bullet journaling]. Over the years, people have adapted the system to make it their own, using it as a creative outlet on top of simple organization. I personally learned about it when Jialin/Spotlight linked me to [this blog].

I will update this portfolio with weekly spreads at the start of every week, and I will upload monthly spreads near the beginning of each month. Hope you enjoy!

Sʟɪs
A bullet journal can be created with by having two simple supplies: a notebook and a pen. However, I really enjoy the creative part of the system, which helps me feel more accountable for actually using the journal.

Here is the stationery I currently use:
  • Scribbles That Matter A5 Dotted Notebook (Pink)
  • Tombow Dual Brush Pens
  • Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pens
  • Stabilo Boss Original Pastel Highlighters
  • Staedtler Triplus Fineliners

Last edited:

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
I'll start this thread off by showing the first few pages of November! I did a feathery/dreamy theme this time, making use of pastel purples and blues. Some of the colors are a bit whited out because I edited the images for better lighting, but I hope you still enjoy.

The weekly spread is adapted from one that christina77star used. Bonus points if you know where the quote comes from.

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
That dreamy theme is so gorgeous, it looks so cohesive and beautiful <3

You inspired me to start my own bullet journal, it looks like a really fun and creative way to organise!

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
this song is stuck in my head

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Tried to go a little simpler, but it still ended up taking long.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Last week of November!

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
I slacked on my real bullet journal to make spreads for a project in my design class. The basic requirements were to create a sixteen-page book of your choice using InDesign. I ended up making life hard for myself by doing this idea (photo albums would have been much easier), but at least it was mildly fun. If people are interested, I can link to my process documentation, which includes sketches and digital iterations, when I write it up.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
I got my life back together and caught up to the present in my real bullet journal.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Yay background change. Somehow got those snowflakes to work on paper in this one!

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
I actually did this one on time, but I never got around to updating my portfolio whoops.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
looks so cute!! the calligraphic letters look beautiful, seriously each spread is flawless ;o;
makes me want to start a bullet journal too for 2019!~

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
@Klave Using Tombows for watercolors isn't amazing in most dotted journals, though I did a little bit of the effect here when I was a brush pen noob. Basically rubbed the pen on plastic and picked it up with a water brush to stroke on the notebook. I usually use my Tombows everywhere in my journal, mainly for any coloring and for bigger pieces of calligraphy. The colors are gr9, and so far they've been worth it. I use the Tombow Fudenosuke pens for smaller calligraphy, and I highly recommend those.

But anyway, welcome to 2019! These beginning spreads are absolutely recreations of some of AmandaRachLee's 2019 spreads, though I didn't include half of the stuff and made a few changes here and there. I liked the black and white aesthetic. Also ty mi luva @Karolina for sending a bunch of stencils my way for Christmas! <3

And now for January! Theme is royalty because it's my birthday month AND my name means "queen." This month is all about slaying. :)[/color]

Last edited:

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Ahhhh! I'm so jealous of your bullet journal!! It looks so beautiful, I love it!

I've been bullet journaling myself for a little over a year now, started in about September 2017 because my life was just becoming an unorganized hot mess, and the bullet journaling has really been helping me. Seeing all the beautiful journals makes me feel inspired to do more with mine, haha. I'm trying to be more creative with mine this year since I've been simplistic the past year or so, and I feel like this thread has given me some ideas going forward into the coming months, since I already have January all done.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
You know the drill: spread was done on time, but I never uploaded the image that sat on my phone for days. :upsidedownazurill:

The other half of the spread was my weekly class schedule, so obviously I’m not going to broadcast it to the internet.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i really like this colour combination you used, very pleasing to the eye~

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
@Bunnie Probably one of my favorite color combinations! I love pink and purple on their own, and mixing bold shades of each color is gr9.

Back to the blue sheets now that I'm in my dorm again. It's a lil minimal and I screwed up on "events" (accidentally used the wrong color and had to go over it with correction tape and the right color). But it's done, and that's what matters.

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
I'm loving the royal theme! That January cover page and colour scheme is so beautiful. Also that gradient text is gorgeous, I have no idea how to even do that with markers.

This theme suits you so much, you slay every month of the year <3

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
I do my gradients by rubbing a bit of the purple on the plastic case of the Tombows and then pick up a tiny bit at a time with the blender marker. Then I go over the letters from bottom to top.

And here's this week's spread! Basically a rehash of one of my November spreads with the theme changed up.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Made AND posted on time yes

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
And February is here! No sheets background because roommate is asleep (the other light is too bright at this time of day), but I edited the colors so the lighting isn't too potato. This month is simpler, but I guess there's a charm in that. The quotes and stuff are much sappier than usual because hearts reeeeeee.

Also new stationery flex that I got with gift card money earlier in January. More Tombow colors (finally some true red!!!), metallic brush pens, and metallic gel pens. Jaye continued to feed the addiction for my birthday too. :pensiveazurill: