Peace Of Mind - A Mental Health Club

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Thank you Athena. I'm gonna try my best to help him out with finding a place to stay, food, packing his stuff, and stuff like that. He has a gym membership through his school, so he can go there to shower, and workout on his offtime so thats a good start. its open 24 hours too.

smoky

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Say, is it taboo for being depressed because of one's parents?
god no. a lot of my problems are caused by my parents. i can’t think of anything being a bad reason to cause someone to be depressed honestly

i hope ur friend can find somewhere to live or money soon, carson. that really sucks :c

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Thank you Athena. I'm gonna try my best to help him out with finding a place to stay, food, packing his stuff, and stuff like that. He has a gym membership through his school, so he can go there to shower, and workout on his offtime so thats a good start. its open 24 hours too.
that is very good, i have read gym memberships are excellent when you're without a home!

i wish him the best):

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
I'm starting to get sick, and I'm not used to getting sick. I can feel it affecting my attitude and mental well-being already -_-

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
being sick SUCKS. i haven't been sick for years but then got sick 4 times this winter. i assume it's because i have a job now, and am not as much of a shut in... so my immune system is not the best... but it is still really bringing me down. like i should be having some nice relaxing days off from work, or some normal days at work, and instead i am spending them dying or recovering from a cold/flu. i wouldn't have minded getting sick just once, or even twice, but goddamn. it is starting to affect my mental health a little bit.

smoky

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
sorry that i keep postin here with a lot of really negative stuff. i’ve got so much to get out of my mind and none of it is ever positive

i’m still not thriving at all and my anxiety has been horrible. i’m currently writing this at 3 am bc im too miserable to sleep even tho i have to get up for school in 4 hours. i feel so numb in school and even tho i have my moments of actual happiness and whatever, so much of it is fake and people are starting to pick up on it and say how my laugh sounds so fake and i’m just like <:3

i wear a hood a lot bc my anxiety is absolute **** and it helps with those feeling i get in my head. idk how to describe it but it’s kind of like a mini headache but it’s caused by anxiety. i’ve been getting it since 5th grade and i was fine for the most part in 6th grade but during 7th grade i started needing it a couple times a week and now i wear a hood everyday bc i have so much anxiety. a lot of kids at school ask me about it and when i say it’s for anxiety they make fun of me a bit and say that i don’t have it like they’re my doctor or somethin.

this weekend i had to go up north with my dad bc it was supposed to be some bonding experience for us and we went snowmobiling and stuff while up there. not only was i already not feelin great all week, but it got even worse up north surprise surprise. i had so many anxiety attacks while snowmobiling omfg. at one point i fell off bc i weigh so little considering my height and stuff and got dragged for a tiny bit so that was fun.

i never realized how in touch with ur emotions u get while snowmobiling. at least for me. the entire trip i couldn’t atop thinking about how miserable i was and i kept thinking about how much i wanted to end my life. every hour i had at least one thought of it. not even tryna over exaggerate like i tend to do, but god i was not happy.

i think that’s kinda it honestly. i’m so happy i’m home but i just wish i didn’t have school tomorrow and could stay home. i know it’s not a good thing and i could get detention or whatever, but i wanna just skip school tomorrow. i’m miserable and idk if ill be able to force myself to go even tho i know i should

life is not fun rn

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I had a pretty scary experience yesterday and I’ll put it into a spoiler because it’s the type of thing that could trigger bad trauma for some people.
I was walking in snow to a local grocery store when a guy stopped his car to talk to me. “Where are you going?” I turned and told him. In a reassuring voice he responded, “I can drive you over. I have two babies in the back, so it’s safe.” The man looked to be in his twenties and had tinted windows in the back; making it impossible to know if he was telling the truth. At this point, I was only a few hundred feet from the store. “No thanks,” I said gently. “Alright. Have a nice day” “You too.”

My parents got upset when I told them of this incident and I had to explain it to my school’s police officer a few hours ago. I haven’t seen my other mother get this upset in years (which is saying a lot). She had a similar incident happen in the 80s and it gave her severe PTSD. She said she wanted to kill him and she’s applying me for a self defense class.

I find it disturbing that I’m not surprised this happened. In the five years I’ve lived in this area, I’ve gotten harrassed by people in their cars at least a dozen times. None of them escalated this far, but I knew it would happen eventually.

All I can do now is be careful and try to do well in the self defense class. Hopefully they can find him.

darkmaster006

Rookie Trainer
Just passing by to tell everyone I hope they're alright, and to keep fighting!

As for myself, college is about to start again and I'm not doing exactly fine, so I hope to sort that out somehow. I'm staying up 'til 4 am because I feel like I haven't done anything all day even when I have done things, however little. I'm having memory problems as always (on remembering stuff from the past, so I wonder what's up with that). I haven't gone to a therapist in years, and that'd maybe clear some things up, but I refuse to go and I sometimes think I'm just faking my illness but I'm sure I'm not, I suppose that's normal.

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
Sorry I'm late but...

Hey, that's what this club is here for, right? You're starting to remind me of how I was back in 9th and 10th grade. I don't know if home schooling would be a good idea, maybe it will be, but nonetheless, a change of scenery will probably be your best bet to finally relax. If you do have to try out home school, then go for it. If you have to "call in sick" for a week, then do it. You do need to see a doctor, however, and tell him about how you're feeling and go from there.

I would love to be optimistic and say that he had honest intentions, but, the realistic possibility that he didn't definitely outweighs the chances of him being honest. I'm glad you made the right call. Never gamble on your life. Ever. I'm glad she's applying you for a self-defense class.

I don't remember seeing you around these parts haha :P But hey, thanks for stopping and sending good vibes! :D About your situation, yeah, that stinks you're going through that. It could be a lot of things, but I hope you do get it sorted out!

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
Cabin 2
AKA
Volkner
Time Zone
UTC +10
A lack of decent sleep affects memory formation and the ability to recall memories. Sleep is pretty important for good mental health.

darkmaster006

Rookie Trainer
A lack of decent sleep affects memory formation and the ability to recall memories. Sleep is pretty important for good mental health.
I agree. It's just difficult for me to fall asleep nowadays? Like I go to bed and lay still there and... 1 hour or even more go by and I haven't fallen sleep. I had fixed my sleep schedule a while ago, was doing pretty good but now I screwed it up again, so back to basics. So, word of advice to everyone here, try and get your sleep schedule fixed and sleep early and wake up early! When I managed to do that regularly, I honestly felt much more refreshed, it's a great change.

@Mirage Just joined a while ago hah, thought I'd write some stuff out.

Felly

beating this world
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I feel like overall mentally, I've been doing pretty well. Being able to enjoy life again with no real rules to hold me back is super nice. I've been able to go out and not have to worry about if I'm gonna be seen out somewhere that I'm not supposed to be at and then yelled at for it. I went for a walk in the park on Sunday before I went to work because I had a couple hours to kill between dropping my mom off and having to start myself, and since it was nice, I went and took a walk and enjoyed the weather and played some Pokemon Go. Definitely nice to get out and enjoy some fresh air, and I should really do it more often, even if I do end up playing Pokemon Go a lot of the time while doing it. Just one thing I feel like I've been struggling with mentally that I'll share in the spoiler.

Been struggling for a bit with the idea of not being wanted in a group. Thought I was getting over it, but after sharing a photo on Facebook and having one of the people in that group comment on it, it kinda refreshed those feelings. He didn't comment anything bad, so it was nothing he said that's getting to me, it's just knowing that he said something in general that's getting me. This particular friend is in a server I have with just friends; I've known him for a while now, and we met through my ex. To my knowledge, no one in the group has anything against me, and they're all good people.

I'm honestly not sure what it is that's getting to me at this point. When the larger group split into two, I wanted to be part of both but couldn't do it at the time because emotions were high with the drama that was happening and so I went into the toxic group with my ex because that was where at the time, I'd felt comfortable and I felt like some of the people in the group I'm in now were to blame for the drama starting in the first place. When I went back to the group I'm with now, they welcomed me back with open arms and there were no issues. There's never been any issues, tbh.

There's three people in this group that are also in the toxic group, and I'm thinking that that's what's getting me and making me hesitant to want to talk to the group as a whole. I discussed it a lot with one of the other people in the group in the past, someone who I trusted and knew my ex for a while, so I talked to her about how I was feeling about literally everything that had happened. She's not super happy about her best friend (who's also in the group) being buds with the guy that runs the toxic group because of how toxic the other group is, but she's accepted it because he's happy and she can't force him to not be friends with someone.

I guess knowing that they're in the toxic group makes me feel uncomfortable though?? A lot of the time, I don't tend to think about it. The forums, among other things, have filled the void that leaving the RPG I was in left. But I'm just not really wanting to speak to the group as a whole right now? I guess there's just this awkward fear that the people that are in the group are talking about me in the toxic group and it's nothing good, but I feel like that's all just insecurity talking. I just don't really know how to bring this topic up with the people in the group. I can't make the people who are in both groups choose; that's not fair to anyone involved, but also I'm just not sure what to do here that will really make me feel better in this case. It's just really eating at me emotionally and mentally at times, and I kinda want to just shake the feeling before it really consumes me and I start not wanting to do anything at all again, especially when I've finally reached a point where I'm more or less reaching a point where I don't feel like I'm wasting my whole day doing nothing.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
Cabin 2
AKA
Volkner
Time Zone
UTC +10
Been struggling for a bit with the idea of not being wanted in a group.
I know this feeling all too well. It sucks. If people don't want to talk to you or you're not welcome to a group anymore, that's just how it is. I try not to think about it since it makes me feel sad and my self-talk gets really bad. When I do think about it, through someone commenting or something, I just remember that I have to respect their decision. I have no ill-will against anyone, so if someone (or a group) is choosing not to talk to me or include me, I respect that choice. I choose who I talk to and what groups I join as well, so this is the same thing.

Do your best to move on from the group, that helped me with a community I was in a long time ago. Everyone there turned out to be toxic, or at least most people did. It stung to move on since I really enjoyed interacting with the group, but it's better for everyone if I move on. I'm still banned from the server/forum, which helps me if I ever get any thoughts about trying to get back. Though granted, I haven't actually thought about that group in a long time, lol.

Sending you love and support regardless Felly. I hope my experience makes you feel positive in some capacity!

Felly

beating this world
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Been struggling for a bit with the idea of not being wanted in a group.
I know this feeling all too well. It sucks. If people don't want to talk to you or you're not welcome to a group anymore, that's just how it is. I try not to think about it since it makes me feel sad and my self-talk gets really bad. When I do think about it, through someone commenting or something, I just remember that I have to respect their decision. I have no ill-will against anyone, so if someone (or a group) is choosing not to talk to me or include me, I respect that choice. I choose who I talk to and what groups I join as well, so this is the same thing.

Do your best to move on from the group, that helped me with a community I was in a long time ago. Everyone there turned out to be toxic, or at least most people did. It stung to move on since I really enjoyed interacting with the group, but it's better for everyone if I move on. I'm still banned from the server/forum, which helps me if I ever get any thoughts about trying to get back. Though granted, I haven't actually thought about that group in a long time, lol.

Sending you love and support regardless Felly. I hope my experience makes you feel positive in some capacity!
Thank you! ♥ One of the things I really like about this forum is how supportive everyone is of each other, even in rough times.

I don't think it's so much people don't want to talk to me there, I think it's more I don't think they want to talk to me or really do anything with me. All of us have different schedules, so it's a struggle to really do too much together right now. This particular group, none of them are really toxic, and like I said in my last post, they welcomed me back with open arms despite everything. (And they'd actually rejected my ex, who was friends with some of them for years, because he'd chosen the other group over them and were hurt by it because they all felt like they'd been abandoned by someone they knew for years.) I want to be part of the group, but I think I'm just struggling because some of them are in the other toxic group, and it's just making me uncomfortable and I have no way to really communicate that without putting others in awkward positions.

I've moved on from the toxic group tho. I still think about them sometimes, but I pretty much dismiss it all because I remember how crappy and excluded they made me feel at one of the lowest points of my life. I wanted to go back for a while, but now, I'm not interested in them at all. I just wish them the best and hope they try to create more inclusive environments in the future.

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and leave the other group though, for the sake of my mental health. I don't think there's any real way for me to communicate my feelings without hurting someone else, so it's probably best that I step away. There's always DMs if anyone there wanted to speak to me or hang out with me, but I don't think it's fair to me to keep feeling uncomfortable somewhere and not knowing how to communicate it. It's probably gonna take me a bit to adjust, but hopefully it won't be too much of a struggle.

smoky

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i haven’t rlly been talkin about it too much but i saw a therapist last friday and got diagnosed with anxiety and depression. i’m gonna be put on antidepressants soon. it’ll be nice to be actually happy sometime in the future

i hope everyone else is doin ok

Felly

beating this world
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Wanted to update that I didn't actually leave the group, but because I'm in a lot of Discord servers, I just moved it out of sight. Out of sight, out of mind. (I keep the Discord servers I'm active in/look at regularly up near the top so I can access them easily and also get to DMs easily without having to scroll, and all the other ones are further down.) It works pretty well for other servers I'm in, since I only have my notifications set to notify me for everyone and here pings + whenever someone actually pings me. It's awkward to not have a place to talk about work stuff though, but I guess that's for the best since some of it is just silly complaining that probably doesn't need to be complained about in the first place.

I hope everyone is doing good tho! ♥ Y'all are an awesome group of people & deserve nothing but the best.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
Cabin 2
AKA
Volkner
Time Zone
UTC +10
I'm so proud of you @smoky !!!!!

@Felly Yeah, giving yourself a break is sometimes the best option! I needed a break from Marriland a month or so ago, and it really helped me to have that break. I'm happy to hear you are handling this good and well!

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
sigh being sick is no fun at all. I've been out of commission lately getting as much rest as I could. the whole world feels so different when you're sick. :/

SAF

Child of the Musketeers (?)
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Um, guys, guess I gonna rant here about today. Can't hold it back anymore, y'see...
My heart is a ticking time bomb
When I cry, that's when it explodes
This time is no different
A professor here triggered it twice (since yesterday two days ago)
It sure is a long story, but still...

Last edited:
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@Felly Thanks! It's nice that you've been able to find a good group of friends that you can stick with, but unpleasant groups are never fun to have to deal with. x_x

@smoky That's great to hear that you're getting the help that you need! ^_^

@Dregran Well, I hope that break helped you appreciate the forums once again! I can certainly understand why it'd be necessary.

@SAF Awwwww, sorry to hear that :cryingazurill: School can be really rough when it gets hard.

I know I don't post here much but I guess I'll update something that's going on with me. Or my family, I should say.
So I've been feeling alright as of recent, but some things I just kinda feel tumbled around with. Over the weekend, my parents had to help my nana, who had gone through some complications and was in the hospital, and we soon took her back home from there. I mean, she's in her 90s, and over the last few years she's fared surprisingly well, even despite having a heart attack in 2014 and having to be refibrillated. But the sad thing is this could actually be it. I mean like seven and a half years ago was when my papa died, and he was in arguably worse condition (he was having a harder time during then than she is now). It got bad to the point that my mom, who was going to Columbus alongside my dad to watch our grandchildren while my sister was out for the week, stayed behind in case she would need help.

At times it just feels like my family is in disarray. I mean not to a drastic measure, for one everybody dies at some point... But thinking about how these children were from foster care and there are complications with them too, it gets tough.