Peace Of Mind - A Mental Health Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Felly, honestly some things are better left behind, I don't know your situation but it sounds like you've got a grip on it and that is excellent!

You're 100% right! I want to turn over a new leaf and expand my horizons and spark my passions again, and I feel like I'm finally reaching that point. I want to stop leaving things unfinished and finally start finishing them. Right now, it feels like a lot though because I feel like there's so much I have that's unfinished, but I think as I start completing stuff, it'll be easier. Just taking things one day at a time right now though, and hopefully everything will just fall into place.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So I'm a he/him for my pronouns, there's that. I'll maybe respond to some of you later, late on this but as for something that makes me feel positive, well, just doing things that make me happy. Being outside, having fun, or playing games, listening to music or rewatching my favorite sporting moments, or exploring new places. Not a lot more to it than that.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Pronouns are he/him for me. Club and server updates look great! :coolazurill:

Lately, I've been under an extreme amount of stress, more than I ever have before. I knew this time in my life was going to be stressful, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I've been struggling to deal with it and get on top of things - which is a real problem when coupled with my anxiety making me avoid things.

What do you guys do to manage stress and avoidance/procrastination?

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
I guess for me, which this answer I guess impressed the person who hired me since I gave them a similar answer, is try to tackle things bit by bit, plan on doing things after and only do them after so you have something to look forward to and push you through, and if you are too stressed, take five.

Also, tomorrow I hope I can get an appointment booked so I can get some medication to help me .-.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Well, if I knew the answer to that, Brett, I wouldn't struggle so much myself. :D

But honestly, ever since i've been more mindful of how I lead my life, doing more exercise and such, I've found I've been a lot more "on it", if you know what I mean. Maybe that's the key, or maybe I'm just in a good phase of my life, who knows.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I feel like I've been procrastinating a little less since I don't have as much time on the computer as I used to when I was in school because I work now, and that takes up a good chunk of my time, so I want to make the most of my time online and there's not really room for procrastination some nights. I'll usually set a goal for myself too, that if I can finish what I planned to do in a particular night, then I can play a game or do something else that's fun

But in terms of stress, sometimes it's as simple as taking a deep breath for me and other times, it's more complex, and I need to step away from whatever's causing me stress for a little while and do something else, playing a game or getting outside for a little while or just doing something fun. All work and no play makes me a dull girl, tbh. Sometimes, it also helps for me to just talk about it and let it all out, but that's usually best if you know someone who's willing to listen to you and whatever's stressing you out.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Username: theDINOsaurus
Nickname: Dino
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Adversity (optional): anxiety
Image to represent you: https://imgur.com/e40fLW0
Other: Strength of Heart

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Username: theDINOsaurus
Nickname: Dino
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Adversity (optional): anxiety
Image to represent you: https://imgur.com/e40fLW0
welcome to the club dino <3

idrk how to manage stress. music helps a lot. alone time makes me feel good too. and meditation. i got into baths too and i rlly like those. bath bombs are expensive tho ;-;

procrastination is also not rlly somethin i’m good at managing lol but i’m gonna try this school year!!!!!! i think i’m gonna try to just give myself lots of breaks and give myself rewards for not procrastinating (this’ll probs be food ngl lol)

i know some people saw but i’m uh not dating the boy i rlly loved anymore and it made me an emotional wreck but i’m feelin better. it just kinda messed me up for a couple days. idk. boys suck they’re overrated that’s what i’m learnin

Rosel

Golden
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rosel, Nate
Time Zone
CST
Username: N--
Nickname: Nate, Rosel, Theo, Nathan, etc.
Preferred Prounouns: He/Him
Adversity (Optional): Anxiety, Inferiority Complex
Image to Represent You: Seam

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
welcome dino and nate <3

i've been hecka preoccupied since i been on a trip but i'm home now and have an extra day off so i'm just chillin. it's very relaxing.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Hi Nate and Dino! So you decided to join this club after all...

Anyway, as for how I manage stress, not much else to say that the others haven't. And I was bad with procrastinating in college, but I did attempt to plan out ways of how I'd take care of my work while I had it there.

Grunt Beavie

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
Today I started having medication for my anxiety. I have two to take. One is every day starting small with doses and increasing slowly over time, and to get off it I'd need to reduce how much I take over time. The other I take in a pinch and works instantly, but I have to be careful not to take it too often so I won't rely on it and get addicted. So far, I don't seem to be anxious, pretty mellow minus one or two times I yelled a bit... But I was doing a Free-For-All with friends and someone was invited into our social group and he was being a jerk. I'm keeping an eye on myself over the next while with it, and the doc said to watch if I end up either drowsy a lot or can't sleep, or if it ends up increasing depressive episodes. But here's hoping this is the first step to more positive ones. The next is to improve my eating habits, (and when I get the money + pay off any credit cards while getting an X-Box 1 + Switch because I am a nerd), get a gym membership and try to go at least a couple of times a week. Maybe I'll also consider finding a bowling league to join in the fall. I did that when I was younger in both a youth league and with my grandfather and I was actually pretty decent.

Grunt Beavie

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
Welp: Time for a small update.

Medication hasn't had a major major effect, as I still feel some anxiety, especially at work for the past two days. But I feel as though, while it isn't completely quelled, it's been more manageable as a whole. Although I was tempted to take my strong meds for emergencies once (although I may need to take them sometime if it gets that bad again, I don't want to take them without knowing how I react to them, and it ruin my night before I go to work the next day) I did decent without doing that.

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
Username: Wolf
Nickname: Wolf
Preferred Pronouns: female pronouns
Adversity (optional): not sure what this means exactly
Image to represent you: (Must be linked) n/a

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
Adversity (optional): not sure what this means exactly
It means like what kind of thing(s) are you dealing with, be it depression, anxiety, etc.
Situational anxiety and depression, though the depression is mostly under control now unless i'm going through a particularly stressful time. This year has been a struggle.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Sorry about the rant I posted the other day. Since I cut my screen time down and worked outside some more, I feel much better now.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Status
Not open for further replies.