Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Cali
Someone at work today said something nice to me. They told me "When I am not anxious, I'm really cool." Meaning a few things.

1: I'm getting comfortable at my new job.
2: The people at my work overall like me.
3: MY ANXIETY MEDICATION IS WORKING!!!

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
That's good to hear @Grunt Beavie!

Lately, I've been struggling with anxiety and motivation. I had a really good talk with someone and there are a few things about myself that I want to change. It's really scary and very difficult. I want to shrink into a ball and hide in the corner most of the time, distracting myself with video games or TV shows I enjoy instead of facing things head-on. I guess that's the big thing I'm dealing with at the moment: facing things head-on.

It's good to post general updates too, I find it quite soothing. It helps organise my thoughts when I put them into a post. Even just talking to someone in private helps too.

Hope @everyone is having a good time. :)

Wolf

The Sun God
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST
That's good to hear @Grunt Beavie!

Lately, I've been struggling with anxiety and motivation. I had a really good talk with someone and there are a few things about myself that I want to change. It's really scary and very difficult. I want to shrink into a ball and hide in the corner most of the time, distracting myself with video games or TV shows I enjoy instead of facing things head-on. I guess that's the big thing I'm dealing with at the moment: facing things head-on.

It's good to post general updates too, I find it quite soothing. It helps organise my thoughts when I put them into a post. Even just talking to someone in private helps too.

Hope @everyone is having a good time. :)
I feel like I've been doing the same thing, I took on a relatively small job from the Rotary and already feel overwelmed and just wanna bury myself in games and TV. It's definitely something that needs to be worked on.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Long time no share. I hope everyone is doing well. I just thought I'd come out of the woodwork to ask folks: What ways do you employ to be able to overcome your own mental exhaustion? I've had quite a mentally taxing week (being angry at people and injustice is very draining, I guess) despite having the week off work. I'm supposed to be having fun, but due to stuff happening, I don't feel like I'm able to unwind properly. There's stuff I wanted to do this week but I just end up waking up late, sorta zoning out and binging crap on YouTube without accomplishing anything, and then before I really know it, I'm suddenly realising it's late afternoon/evening and the day's basically over already. With that being said, I will attempt to go do a thing now, after I've gotten some food.

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Beavs
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Cali
I guess personally for me I've been pretty good. I had one bad day of work where I had a major anxiety attack, but my co-workers were pretty supportive and helped me calm down and other than that, adjusting better to work.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
the only way i can't recover from mental exhaustion is when i feel down about myself bc then i have no motivation... and a lot of the time, just sitting on my computer binging youtube or w/e can make that worse

if i force myself to do a small productive thing, like something that isn't actually very stressful but you've just been putting it off, that makes me feel a whole lot better and gets me back out of feeling like my brain is just some sort of sticky swamp

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Pretty good for me, I reckon. And that's made even better with me finishing my first job interview recently. :uwuazurill:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
These last few weeks have been all over the place for my mental health, but I think I’ve grown a lot. A few days before my trip, my depression came back and I had to make a visit to the hospital. Once I started the trip though, things started to get better. Being outside and seeing new places kept me occupied.

After a week into the trip, the only time I was anxious was whenever I woke up in the morning. For some reason, sitting in a dark room triggers something in my head. I’ll see if I can figure it out with my therapist next week.

Now that I’m back home, I’ve noticed some changes in myself. I feel better about my appearance since I lost some weight, and I’m finally walking without looking stiff. Guess that trip was what I needed.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
What ways do you employ to be able to overcome your own mental exhaustion?
I mean, personally, my own mental exhaustion has just come from work for the most part, so really, all it boils down to is just getting my mind off of work. So whether it's watching TV, playing games, going to sporting events, going on walks, etc, whatever gets my mind off of work is what helps me out. Though, it doesn't help that what would really help the most is actually having more time off of work. Admittedly, I'm only a year and a half into this job, aka a year and a half removed from being in school with much more breaks, so I'm still not used to having such little break time (10 vacation days to go along with 10 holidays), but man, crunching the numbers, realizing that I'm spending 241 days out of the year working (aka 2/3rds), it's kinda depressing. Since, really, the best thing for my own mental wear and tear would just be a huge break from everything, but that's not really an option, so welp.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
My own exhaustion has been from caring a lot about a particular small pup, and angry at their owner (which also turned out to be partially misplaced, in that it wouldn't have mattered in the long run anyway, so this angry energy had nowhere to go), his quick decline from doing great to being near death's door for a few days in a row, until the decision was made to be merciful to him. Since there didn't seem to be any opportunity for improvement moving forward. I suppose that means the source of my exhaustion is gone, but that's a callous way of looking at it. It has been a horrible week.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I’ve been trying to figure out how to tune out background chatter so I can go to my new school with fewer issues. The main reason I’ve heard so many negative things directed towards me is because I accidentally eavesdropped on classmates gossiping. If anyone has any advice for this, I’d be happy to hear it.

There was also something disturbing that happened to me while I was at a pool last week and it still haunts me a bit.
Before swimming, I changed into my swimsuit and waited for my mother in the lobby. In the room were two teenagers about my age chatting. Since I was bored, I got up and began reading a poster on a bulletin board. Just as I was finishing up, a girl walked up, grabbed the back of my trunks and stared for a few seconds. She then walked away and sat at a table by a window. Internally panicking, I looked around and noticed that both witnesses did absolutely nothing. Since I was afraid and unfamiliar with this type of situation, I just stood there panicking. By the time my mother was done, she had to call for me to get me back into reality. Somehow, I was still able to swim and not think about it. Now I’m frustrated that I didn’t stand up for myself and let that girl get away with that disgusting act. I never wanted to be touched that way, especially not by a stranger in public.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I got good news! I finally got to see my psychiatrist after nine months and made some solid plans for the future (my therapist is a different person who I see monthly).

My antidepressant prescription has changed because I developed an immunity to what I currently take. This should reduce the frequency of negative existential thoughts and lower my blood pressure. Hopefully they don’t give me heart palpitations like last time.

I am also going to take medication for auditory hallucinations. Sometimes I’ll hear people saying negative things or music when it isn’t actually there. It’s been around for a few years, but I can usually tell the difference between reality and what my head is saying.

Lastly, my psychiatrist says my presence has changed. “You’re more out here and less in a bubble,” was what she replied with after I asked what she meant.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
@Neb Wow, two kinda polar opposite updates. Glad you're getting some good news now though, you deserve it dude. That's so good what your psychiatrist said!! :D

Reactions: Neb

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Beavs
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Cali
I will say when it comes to updating for my mental health, it has continued to be mostly positive. There have been a few moments where I've been a bit anxious at work as of late because certain people can't be arsed to show up or stay for their shifts, but it hasn't been too bad. Stress is more manageable thus far. However, I know soon I need to focus on deciding what to do next for school and that will make me stressed for sure.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
how's everyone feelin? i've been feeling quite nice since i took a vacation for a few days for my birthday uwu

and i'm actually looking forward to go back to work a lil bit!

also been taking more walks in this very nice park in town and i think that helps.

this park is right by the river and has its own little lake, is covered in big tall trees so it's never too hot (it's getting colder anyway since Fall), has tons of pokestops hehe, and a convenient loop to walk aaaall the way around.. it's pretty ideal... and feels quite closed off from the rest of town despite being right downtown. Actually, I lived right next to it for a little while and didn't even know it existed. It really is like a little quiet haven. i love it & just wanted to gush about it hehe.

anyone else have a favorite place to take a walk?

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I am doing ok, had a nice weekend other than getting hit with allergies that kept me from sleeping and such. They’re not as bad today so hopefully that means they’ll be gone soon...

I have two local parks I go to for walks!! I prefer one to the other because it’s usually less crowded and has like 5 gyms in Pokémon Go that are all EX Raid eligible. It’s a nice loop around a pond and very very pretty at sunset!

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
I always loved to take a walk over the fields and country lanes. But then recently they started massacring the landscape to put a big ugly Amazon warehouse there. It's a travesty. The old roads are gone so now I have to go elsewhere. A real shame, was my favourite long walk.

Null

#1 Yuqi fan <3
Time Zone
AEST
IGN
Aevis/Cube
Username: Null
Nickname: Null
Preferred Pronouns: he/him
Adversity (optional): Clinical Depression, Suicidal Thoughts, Borderline Personality Disorder, Generalized Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Low Self-Esteem, Severe Inferiority Complex, Constant Stress
Image to represent you:

Other: strength of heart

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Hi i haven't perished my old laptop did though and i forgot my login DEETS
@Luke Strife they're doing the same thing up where my grandad lives, massive fields near his house getting flattened for another chunk of the amazon empire.

Short check in but mental health is good, physical health still very wonky. I will attempt to be more active in the discord since even if I had remembered my password i still probably wouldn't've been super active the past few months either way.
I do hope you continue to stay strong everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.