AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
@Plusheon I'm working on something right now so I won't add you to the list right away, but you're in! Welcome!

Thanks guys, it's hard and always goes up and down but the best thing to do is be open and admit it's going on so you can heal:)

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
(psst, Pendra, you might want to sign up again)

Welcome aboard, Plusheon! Glad to have you here!

@Lycoris - That's definitely unsettling news. If you're comfortable with me asking (if you aren't you don't have to answer this, don't worry), were you expecting this to happen? Either way, it's important to not let this affect or change you in any negative way. You're still you, we still like you and we're here to support you if you need it.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
@Lycoris i luv you ♡

i bought some cheap earbuds on amazon to keep with me at school so i can just slip them in during class when i get really anxious and i can’t handle it. kinda my way to substitute a hood cuz music always helps to clear my mind. i just hope i don’t get caught or anything lol teachers have no mercy at my school

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
My sister has noise cancelling headphones. They'd be so neat to have for getting anxious in public.

I've still been riding the wave of positive emotions from a few weeks ago, even though I'm down with a cold due to poor decision-making. Dunno how I'm going this far since I haven't been exercising due to mentioned cold. I just feel really content and confident in my decisions.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
thank you for support guys!! also i'm handling it well

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
In a few months I’ll be moving over to a new school. It’s amazing to finally have a fresh start, but I’m terrified of being bullied again.

The reason I went to that awful charter school was because of the fact I had a hard time in Middle School. Girls would yell “no” at me if I even glanced at them and guys would make fun of my autistic behavior (fidgeting to be specific.) It was nothing compared to what I’ve gotten in High School so far, but it was enough to drive me off.

Many of the kids who picked on me in Middle School go to the new school. My fear lies in them recognizing me and going back to their old ways. That and fact that those humiliating pictures of me are still in circulation. For all I know, the new school will be just as lax on phones and I’ll have even more people taking unsolicited photographs of me.

I’ve been doing so much better mentally, so I hope this is just paranoia.

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Well, as they always say: important things first.

@Luna:

I don't know what to say, but I will say this: I am deathly terrified of people treating me differently once I tell them I have Autism. It took me 3 years to open up about it to this wonderful community because of how suffocating that fear was. I hope that me having the courage to open up about my Autism helps you to feel at ease about the fear of being treated differently, if you do have that fear. It's awesome if you don't have it. But, I just want you to know that of all people, I will never treat you any differently. If anything, at least people will understand you more, just like people will understand me more. I immediately messaged you on Discord when I saw, but to reemphasize, if you ever need to talk, whether to vent, cry, or to collect your thoughts or anything, I'll always be there. I love you; you're one of my best friends here <3

@Neb:

Take it from someone who experimented with going to a different school and stuck with it (I think I may have even you told this the first time you opened up about this subject), but to reemphasize: It truly is amazing, and awesome, and all that. I had a lot of friends in my old high school, I was also recognized because of my sports talents and, well, lots of other things heh, but I was willing to put that all to the side for my mental health (despite having friends all around me, so to speak, I felt extremely lonely). It freed me so much I never went back. But, as I've also said before, my old high school school had a smaller secondary school I could attend that is more suited for people like me who have special needs. It sounds like you're going to a different high school, so you may or may not have my experience with switching, but, nevertheless, I am optimistic that you will do a lot better this time around. I'm rooting for you to have the experience that I had!

@Kaleb:

I know a lot of people that used earbuds in my old high school both during breaks and in class. Sometimes people need a bit of music to cut the edge off a bit. Heck, the college I went to for one semester a year ago, the teachers there actually encouraged us to listen to music while we were working. One of the classes I had, the teacher even assigned us a project that required us to listen to instrumental music. If your teachers get mad at you for listening to music, then your school needs better teachers.

@Brett:

I said this before and I'll say it again: Keep riding that wave Brett, keep riding that wave! And if you ever fall off, Drake the lifeguard here will come to the rescue! Haha :P

@Kilza:

We still "like" you? :thonkazurill: Hahaha sorry, I had to :P

And last but not least, welcome to the club Plusheon!

Ok, now for an update from me for anyone who's interested...

So remember when I said I was having a bad time recently? Well, last night I watched one my favorite sports teams, the Los Angeles Rams (an NFL team btw), and I witnessed the best NFL games I ever saw. I'm a diehard NFL and, ahem, St. Louis Rams (yes, St. Louis, not LA), fan, and in my many, many years of watching NFL games, I can truthfully say that the insane insanity I watched last night was the best NFL game I ever watched. It's experiences and moments like those that make me happy to be alive to be honest. Anyway, that alone was enough to get me out of my funk. But wait, it gets better. These past two days I've been receiving opportunities that are helping me deal with the problem that has been giving me a hard time. Getting opportunities like those that I so desperately need to deal with this problem I have is so awesome and freeing and invigorating, you have no idea how hopeful I am for the future, which is exactly what I needed. So yeah, life is back on track for me now. :D

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
That's awesome to hear Drake!!

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I’m visiting extended family for Thanksgiving, and things are awkward because of my gender identity.

I haven’t had the opportunity to come out to half of the people I’m visiting, but I’ve said that I prefer to go by my middle name, rather than my first name. Everyone keeps calling me by the wrong name; sometimes they correct themselves, sometimes they don’t. But when I’m not in the room, they keep calling me by my first name, and it bothers me. And of course, everyone is referring to me by the wrong pronouns and referring to me by my assigned gender at birth (female) because I either haven’t come out to them, or they outright refuse because “they is plural”, “we’ve been referring to you by that name and those pronouns for years”, “we’re too old to try and change”. Honestly, it’s upsetting.

I feel like I shouldn’t be as upset as I am over this, but it hurts a bit every single time I hear my first name or a shortened version of it, and it hurts every time someone refers to me with the wrong pronouns or the wrong gender. I’m trying not to get mad, especially for the half that don’t know, but it’s hard. It’s worse because I struggle with feeling validated in my identity, and I have to keep correcting my name and pronouns in my head. I struggled with feeling invalid because everyone who isn’t in the LGBTQ+ groups at our school refers to me as a girl. I struggled because I enjoy presenting in a very feminine way, but my anxiety made me feel like I was invalid as a non-binary person because of how I present sometimes. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to see family again, but I’m struggling with this.

I’m glad everyone else is doing well, though! Hopefully everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
@Vivid That sounds really unpleasant. Sorry to hear about that. I wish they could be a bit more accepting of who you are.

@Lycoris It’s always good to be aware of things like autism. Hopefully the diagnosis can help make sense of what’s happened in your life.

My day was good for the most part, but the amount of people in Barnes and Noble overwhelmed me. Had to go to the car a bit to unwind from all the people looking for Black Friday deals.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
@Vivid Stardust It's really hard as it is to accept who you are and present that to people and hope they like it, let alone an issue that I haven't experienced (such as trans* identifying). I believe in you. The pathway that you choose for yourself is the correct one, you just have to decide who you are, be proud and put your foot down. Regardless, not everyone will accept you or believe you're genuine. That's a fact of life. You're doing so well to have the confidence to open up to people who may not accept your preferred gender as valid. I'm proud of you for being confident enough to open up to your extended family. I respect that.

@Neb Crowds really suck. I don't get very anxious or anything from crowds that much anymore but I can definitely relate. Sometimes I'm just over being social too. I'm happy that you were able to unwind and feel better now, though!

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Username: Lazuli
Nickname: Kaity
Adversity (optional): Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Asperger's Syndrome (high-funtioning)
Image to represent you: [x]
Other: Strength of Heart

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
Welcome Kaity! :)

Plusheon

Plushie
AKA
Plushie.
Hi. Just posting to see how everyone's doing. Sorry I haven't been here for a bit. Been working.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I’ve noticed something. Even though I’m out of that school, teenagers still glare and smirk at me. It’s like they know about the photos and rumors. I was walking down the street today and a teen threw literal garbage at me.

Am I just more aware of how teens act or am I still being targeted?

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
@Plushie: Heyo! I'm doing a lot better than I was a few weeks ago. My life is finally moving forward in a meaningful way I feel like. "Coincidentally" I've also been busy this past week as well, so I understand

@Ben: Hmm, I don't know what to say. If you wanna talk to me about it more, you can, but, I don't know, it's weird they're acting like that. I would say keep ignoring them. Maybe they just won't care if you keep ignoring them.

Last edited:

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
@Neb People are still trash outside of high school. The difference is that you have less reason to care about them now. I've had some crappy rumours float around my high school after I left. Now, I just don't care since it's petty drama that doesn't affect my life anymore.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
@Neb just don't care about 'em. most teens are idiots and you're intelligent enough to ignore stupid people

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Turns out the person I had an argument with apologized. I left the thread before they said it, so I had the impression that the argument was still going on.

I did leave a message explaining why I acted the way I did. Hopefully it will clear things up.

Confronting the thread directly and sharing my thoughts instead of avoiding it made me feel better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.