Peace Of Mind - A Mental Health Club

smoky

in my head
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i really just wanna become happy again, and even if i’m not like 100% mentally and emotionally stable, i at least wanna be happy for more than 30 mins at a time

another thing is i just really wanna get myself to a mental health professional of some sort. i wanna see if i have something that can be treated or at least be able to meet a therapist? idk. i really don't think i can actually do high school if i don't bc i have no hope for myself if i can't get help eventually.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I have several mental health goals for 2019:

- Figure out coping mechanisms for depression and anxiety (because I only have a couple coping mechanisms and they aren’t helping me enough)

- Ask for help when I need it and don’t be afraid to ask for help.

- Actually interact with my friends and go to club meetings when I’m having a bad day because for someone who’s introverted as heck, being with people I like helps quite a bit

- Accept myself, don’t beat myself up, remember that I’m good enough, I’m a good person, I’m valid.

These are things I’m struggling with a lot. I’m also going to try and go to bed at a decent time every night (after New Years, of course!), start working out (because holy crap I get exhausted easily and I’d like to at least be able to run away if I get attacked or something), take care of my teeth, and try to eat more consistently because I forget to eat a lot more than I’d like to admit.

I tend to set really high goals for myself as I mentioned before, and a lot of my non-mental and physical health goals are really high, but technically attainable. I’m going to try not to beat myself up if I can’t accomplish everything in 2019.

Also, @~Kilza~ I’m proud of you dude! You’re a really nice person, and I know you can do it! I’ll be rooting for you! *hugs*

@smoky That’s a good place to start! It can be a struggle, but I know you’ll be able to get better and find happiness in 2019. I’m also really glad you’re planning on going to a professional! It can be a bit nerve wrecking at first, but it does help, at least a little bit! I’m rooting for you too! *hugs*

I’m rooting for everyone else here, too! Let’s make 2019 the best year ever!

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Wow, like just wow. Let me start off by saying this: Reading that diary entry of yours scared me because I could relate to it on a seriously personal level. It's one of those "whoa, this is so true/relatable it's scary" kinds of things. I used to have the belief that I didn't have a friend for the longest time, and it was true... mostly. As some of you might remember the story of my high school days, I was pretty damn popular because of my athletic ability. I was around people almost all the time in school. Very little did I have my alone time. But, despite ALL of that, I felt like the loneliest person in the world. Why? Because I didn't have that best friend(s) everybody else had. I then met some really awesome people online, with the first bunch of awesome people I met being on the PS4. Now, ofc everyone had lives and we all eventually went our separate ways, but I'll never forget the moments that we shared. And then after that, I kept meeting more awesome people, with the latest bunch being here on Marriland with you all. Now, I still long greatly for that irl best friend, but I learned to be happy with online best friends, especially the genuine ones because being online no longer matters. Tbh, I consider you one of those awesome friends I have Kilza, and I hope you consider me the same. If you don't, well, I'll gladly change that then :) I was of those people who knew and saw you going through that tough time. I was legit worried for you there during that time. I hoped so much that you would be ok in the end. It makes me so happy to see you doing a lot better and to see how far you've come. It makes me happy to see how far I've come since earlier this year; to see how far we all have come. I never want you to experience something like that ever again, since I know from a deeply personal standpoint how, hellish, those feelings are. Heck, I don't even know if hellish is the right word. Seems too weak. It's like hell and the abyss all in one package. Hellabyss. How's that? It feels like hellabyss lol But yeah, I wouldn't want anyone to experience those kinds of feelings, especially a great friend like you. Especially a great friend like you. I'm proud of and happy for you Kilza for getting to this point. I truly mean all these words. :)

I'm also really proud of everyone else for staying as strong as they can be and looking forward to a bright future! It makes me happy reading everyone's experiences, both the hard ones and the good ones. It amazes me the power of hope, and I see it in each and every one of you :)

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
Hey Scott! Glad to have you back! :D

Biohazard

The Dark Serpent
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria
Time Zone
UTC +2
Welcome back, Scott!

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Scott!:yayazurill: Hey, glad to see ya!

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Got out of my toxic living environment the day after Christmas, and quite honestly, it was the most freeing thing I've done NA. I haven't felt super stressed or anxious since I left there, and I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. I'm able to do stuff when I feel like doing it, and I don't feel forced to do anything I don't want to do. It's so freeing not having to stress or worry about too much. The only thing I'm still working on is getting my appetite back since at the other place, I wasn't really eating too much, in part because of stress and anxiety and in part because I just didn't want to be around the other people in the house, but that's starting to come back a little more now that I can pretty much eat whenever I want and the only person that'll really bother me is my mom.

The only real baggage I feel like I'm holding onto is wanting to go back to my old group of friends that I left because I felt like they were super toxic and just overall didn't want me around. I was replying to the Overwatch thread here on the forums, and it made me think of them and wanting to go hang out with them and all, but I also just don't feel like it's appropriate for me to do so. I'll probably have let it go after a day or so and won't even really be thinking about it anymore, but yeah. At least I'm able to start 2019 with a new leaf turned over or something like that.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Got out of my toxic living environment the day after Christmas, and quite honestly, it was the most freeing thing I've done NA. I haven't felt super stressed or anxious since I left there, and I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. I'm able to do stuff when I feel like doing it, and I don't feel forced to do anything I don't want to do. It's so freeing not having to stress or worry about too much. The only thing I'm still working on is getting my appetite back since at the other place, I wasn't really eating too much, in part because of stress and anxiety and in part because I just didn't want to be around the other people in the house, but that's starting to come back a little more now that I can pretty much eat whenever I want and the only person that'll really bother me is my mom.

The only real baggage I feel like I'm holding onto is wanting to go back to my old group of friends that I left because I felt like they were super toxic and just overall didn't want me around. I was replying to the Overwatch thread here on the forums, and it made me think of them and wanting to go hang out with them and all, but I also just don't feel like it's appropriate for me to do so. I'll probably have let it go after a day or so and won't even really be thinking about it anymore, but yeah. At least I'm able to start 2019 with a new leaf turned over or something like that.
that is rly powerful!! i'm so happy for you, what a big and happy step forward =)

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
Wow, that is really awesome. I know how you feel in a way. Although yours was obviously worse, I do feel those negative emotions as well. I'm so happy to hear that it worked out in the end for you! I hope my situation works out in the end for me as well. Tbh, that felt, encouraging, to me. Really happy for you :)

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Thanks, everyone!!

My mom and I still talk about it a fair bit, but we're starting to let it go a little more every day. It hasn't been too much of an adjustment being free again, but I'm still getting used to being able to eat whenever I want and staying up as late as I want and not having to get up at 9am every day in case I make other people in the house mad.

The only thing that really gets me these days is lingering thoughts of my old friend group that part of me wants to be back with and the other part of me doesn't want to be with, and then also lingering thoughts of wanting to actually talk to my ex and be friends with him again like we used to be before we started dating. Literally right before this post, I'd had the thought of how I was hesitant to even say I had feelings for him because I didn't want to ruin a perfectly good friendship if things didn't work out with us, and then wham, we break up and friendship is ruined.

EDIT: I guess it also doesn't help that the desire to be back in my old friend group also kinda makes me question things with my current friend group, like if I'm wanted or whatever, so I feel like I'm still being super flip-floppy with thinking they hate me too and not wanting to be there either to thinking they're okay with me and like me and want me to be there.

Last edited:

espurrs

The Lionheart
AKA
Sylvie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
4313-1723-9568
Username: Espurrs
Nickname: Sylvie or Silvy
Adversity (optional): Anxiety and depression
Image to represent you: ❤
Other: ♡ Strength of Heart ♡

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
Welcome Sylvie! We're happy to have you here with us :)

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Username: Mudkip_Mischief
Nickname: Mudkip
Adversity (optional): Anxiety, Depression, College :/

how was I not part of this already lol

strength of heart btw

Attachments

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
There were some gossipy teenagers that ruined my mood a bit (not very fond of people like that), but otherwise today has been better. I got to watch “The Breadwinner” with my Mother, and practice my Japanese a bit.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I'm sorry Neb, I know the feeling. But at least the day's got good points too!

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
thank you for adding me :)

I've been really stressed with school and work recently so I figured I could vent to you guys a little. I've been trying to be sweet and happy for my gf/friends, but I feel like I'm kinda breaking down on them. I don't want them to notice for fear of upsetting/scaring them, but I've been self harming to kinda help deal with it all. I know I shouldn't, but idk what else i can do tbh

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I'm sorry you're struggling Mudkip, but please don't hurt yourself. There are so many ways you can make things better. You can talk to a therapist, go to a chatroom, meditate, or just talk to us. Believe me, I know what it's like fighting off urges to self-harm. Don't let yourself go down that path, it takes sometimes years to get out of. Personally, I'd suggest trying to find a good time to get your loved ones together to talk. Spend some time just talking, crying, hugging, whatever it is you need to do. Just let it out. It's amazing how much just letting go of stress helps in life, even if just a few minutes.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
you can get addicted to self harm and it's a really slippery and strange slope. if you haven't been doing it long the best thing to do is stop before it becomes routine or habit, even if it doesn't seem like a big deal to you. i don't know what method you're using, but usually it's visible and it worries people - that's what made me stop, when i was a teen i'd just switch to cutting my thighs instead of arms so no one would ever see, but then my friend told me that he'd check my legs and if i kept doing it then he would hurt himself too, so i just stopped. i started again yeeeaars later but again i HATED the visible proof that I did it. even if you hide it from the world, you still see it every day and get reminded of what you did to yourself. and i remember the way that friend was so seriously, genuinely worried about me. even if i don't talk to him anymore i know the friends i have now would be just as concerned, if not more. people care about you. imagine watching someone close to you doing the same thing to themselves. they wouldn't deserve that, and neither do you.

anyway the best way i found to stop, other than sheer willpower (which can work i promise), is to distract yourself with something else (loud music? funny videos? i look up vine comps)... until the urge passes. from what i've read and seen, that intense, overwhelming feeling right before you do it, doesn't last long for most people. i remember times i've cut, pretty much every time i gave into the urge and then just sat there like "why did i do that." and then i get distracted cuz it's bleeding everywhere so i have to deal with that and then i'm just totally out of the mood and it... suddenly almost feels silly. you have more control over your emotions and urges than you think, but it's easy to forget that when you're overwhelmed with hopelessness. I know... Hopefully once you find longterm solutions, like being more at peace with yourself and proving to yourself you don't have to allow this to happen, the urges either stop altogether or become infrequent and manageable. they definitely did for me.

sry if this got graphic/tmi btw i don't mind being open about it anymore, it happened and now i'm over it so maybe i can use it to help others going thru the same thing idk.