Pet Peeves

Reunilu

Reddest of Mages
AKA
Shaymin, Nagi
What kind of pet peeves do you have?

I have hyperhidrosis, so my hands have a tendency to sweat for no reason, other than touching certain textures like fake silk. ‘Cause of that, my hands will squeak against certain things and I absolutely hate the feel and sound of it.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
People saying "exponential" ( cn ) when they mean "polynomial" ( nc ).

Exponential growth is scary.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
people who take everything super seriously and don't know when to chillax and let things go

Reactions: Neb

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10

I've never seen these terms expressed with c's and n's. Huh.

On the topic of maths, people say "minus" instead of "negative" makes me upset a little.

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
When people have no basic regard for others when in public, like walking really slowly or stopping, ignoring the people they're blocking.

Reactions: Neb

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
people who take everything super seriously and don't know when to chillax and let things go
Yeah! Wait a minute . . .

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Yeah! Wait a minute . . .
LOL this made me laff cuz i didn't even realize it probably looked like I was calling you + your post out,, I wasn't I swear lol ;o;

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
On the topic of maths, people say "minus" instead of "negative" makes me upset a little.
The other way around is one for me, lol.

Also people taking photos in the street. I don't give a **** if you want to take a photo of big ben, stand somewhere that isn't the middle of the damn pavement. People just being oblivious generally annoys me I guess.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
People that won't stop talking about the one thing they like that the rest of the group couldn't care less about. Who also rant about reviewers having opinions they don't agree with. Needless to say, I know someone like this IRL and while he's a friend dear god is it difficult to stay off the topic of Sonic games and IGN whenever he's in the room.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
oblivious people / what michelle mentioned is a big one for me too. walking through crowded grocery stores especially is the worst. people walk extremely slow, swing their carts around, and just stand in the middle of aisles and stop abruptly in front of you, it's like everyone inside has become a zombie,

I work in a walmart so i deal with this constantly lol

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
When people rub their dry hands together. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Two things pop to mind right away:
(1) People who go slowly in the left lane on the highway/freeway. Left lane is the fast lane, move over and stop slowing me down you jerk
(2) When I'm at hockey games, people who get up during the middle of play to go to the bathroom/get food/whatever. Like you seriously can't wait for a stoppage before going? jeez, I'm trying to watch the game and you're blocking my view by going right then and there, please learn some common sense and stop being oblivious

Rockets_Crobat

Hail Giovanni.
When people say 'Well it works for me' especially in relation to buggy PC games.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Slow walkers is #1. I walk fast, and I don't want the people in front of me to be the reason I'm late/right on time to class (I'm typically about five minutes early. Lemme ree in peace!!!).

#2 is dripping water from sinks/showers/water sources that should have been turned off. The constant DRIP DRIP DRIP drives me crazy, and it's a waste of water if not attended to quickly.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I hate when people ignore me or treat me like an idiot when I'm talking. It's really annoying, especially if I'm trying to have a conversation.
Also when I ask someone to give me constructive criticism only for them to just say, "It's good!" or not even say anything.

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Aggressive driving and vaping. And both at the same time reallly sucks.

Vaping, in a sense, is a good thing. It's designed to help people stop smoking, but I dont want to be walking down the street and have your giant-ass cloud of cinnamon-scented garbage float into my face.

Rydia

ΦωΦ
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unyielding Wings
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
People who don't have any sense of common sense regarding others in public. Yes, I really do enjoy the person sitting next to me during lecture with their legs spread wide open so that I can't have any room and putting their left arms on the arm rest where I have to put my own arm in order to write without tucking my elbow in to my stomach. And of course, can't forget about the guy who makes tapping noises during a test. He's my favorite.

People walking around blasting music from their speakers. Hey man, it's great that you love music. There's headphones and earphones for a reason though.

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00

Better yet, people using exponential to mean literally any function where the second derivative is positive. You can just say it's accelerating, thanks.

A pet peeve of mine:

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
One of my pet peeves is when people tell me to do different things at the same time. I get confused as to which one I do first.

Another one is when people keep asking me the same question AFTER I give my answer.