Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
I have a few:
1. I also cannot stand dripping tap water, not only is it annoying but it just wastes water.
2. Chewing noises, especially if someone is chewing with their mouth open. Also the sound of gum (chewing, popping, etc) irks me too, which could be because of my jaw condition
3. Slow drivers, is 50 km too fast for some people? It's more irritating if they cut in front of you.
4. Improper theatre etiquette, I'm there because I wanted to watch a production/film, not bright screens from phones or pointless banter. If you are going to do so, stay home.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
People putting things clearly labelled that they are compostable into the incorrect rubbish bin.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
Pet peeves, huh? I kinda agree with this:
One of my pet peeves is when people tell me to do different things at the same time. I get confused as to which one I do first.
That aside, I also loathe smokers to the point of me avoiding them as soon as they start to smoke. However, if the situation is unavoidable, I usually cover my nose and mouth with either my hand or my veil (a masker also works, but I'm too lazy for that for whatever reasons)

BasedJarrod

The Ruler of Space and Time
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jarrod
”Biggest one I’ve ever seen was on my aunt’s Great Dane.”

When people have the holier than thou attitude, or are oblivious to their surroundings and make everything centered around them.

Window Stranger

You've Stalked The Stranger
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alice
Time Zone
Mountain Time
Number One! People who are extremely impatient and bug you every second. That is the only instance where I absolutely lose my cool.

Also when people throw food into the dish water or they don't rinse the dishes off first!
..aaannnnnd Clinking silverware on your teeth or scrapping it against your teeth! Like NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! DON'T DO THAT!

Thinking about these...upsets me.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
You mean I went around everyone's AMA asking them this for nothing because this thread exists? Damnit. I say this, it won't stop me from continuing to do it.

The crying laughing emoji gets on my nerves way too much and I hate it. Its not so much when people just use one at the end of a sentence because that's how it's meant to be used, I can't complain about it. HOWEVER! The... uh... culture? Of messaging where I live involves a lot of horribly grammatically wonky sentences followed by at least 6 and it makes me want to smash my head into the wall until one of the two becomes paste. Even worse is when something isn't funny and people just use it as filler.

Also when people are eating ice cream out of a tub or bowl and they dont eat all the ice cream of the spoon and put that gross foamy saliva covered layer of ice cream back in the tub.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Okay so to whoever thinks "it doesn't work" is a helpful message to relay to tech support:

It isn't.

Ruellia

I'm a flowerrr
Oh gosh here's a list of some of my pet peeves ;-; pls do not hate me.

People who write using incredibly poor grammar despite English being their first language! I'm sorry but if you're like 18 and don't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're' or 'there' and 'their' that's a big yikes. :s

People who chew really loudly and smack their lips when they eat food. My father does this and I absolutely dread eating w/ him at the same table, especially during the holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

People who lick their fingers to turn pages. This is a tick for some people and I find it gross. I've never once had to do that in my life and my father does it all the time. I once asked him why the hecc he does it so much and he didn't respond.

People who cannot for the life of them tell when someone is joking even when it's incredibly obvious. There are people you literally cannot joke around because they never get it and I don't judge them for it but it's pretty sad and frustrating. 😔

People who use the phrase "I could care less". How did this even become a saying??? Like it's literally the opposite of what it's supposed to mean and people still say it... why... just why...

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
When people end words with cc rather than ck, it’s the official biggest Pet peeve of all time

Personally my biggest pet peeve is probably when people don’t stick to schedule. If me and a person set a time and they arrive 20-30 minutes later with no excuse just???? Can’t stand it!

People who cut lines also are annoying

These sound so inconsequential lol, but I’m pretty sure that’s the point

Ruellia

I'm a flowerrr
You mean I went around everyone's AMA asking them this for nothing because this thread exists? Damnit. I say this, it won't stop me from continuing to do it.

The crying laughing emoji gets on my nerves way too much and I hate it. Its not so much when people just use one at the end of a sentence because that's how it's meant to be used, I can't complain about it. HOWEVER! The... uh... culture? Of messaging where I live involves a lot of horribly grammatically wonky sentences followed by at least 6 and it makes me want to smash my head into the wall until one of the two becomes paste. Even worse is when something isn't funny and people just use it as filler.

Also when people are eating ice cream out of a tub or bowl and they dont eat all the ice cream of the spoon and put that gross foamy saliva covered layer of ice cream back in the tub.
Wait.. you've met people who actually do this? (The ice cream part) because that's just seriously gross. :s

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Have I mentioned I hate it when people touch the top of my head? Cause I do.
Also I hate it when people leave water on in the bathroom. It's ok to pee people, please don't waste so much water trying to hide it.
And people treating me like a child. I get it, I'm young and to many that's automatically stupid. But it's not an excuse to be condescending to me or try to make my choices. I'm not a child, I'm nearly 20.

Last edited:

Sebastian

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
cameronfedora
I hate people who laugh loudly in public spaces, particularly when I'm tired/ hungry. Also if they have an annoying laugh.

I hate when adults used to say "you'll change your mind when you get older." I'm 20 now so nobody really says that anymore.

I dislike when people try to talk to me while I'm listening to a podcast.

when people scream in excitement. It make my heart race and I think someone is in danger.

children speaking extremely loudly over the bus speakers so you can't hear a thing on he trip you paid like 80 pound for and their parents for not chastising / controlling them

when anyone tells me how to do something that I already know how to do

people. misgendering. me. :)

smoking in locations that prohibit smoking. come on guys i thought I'd get a reprieve on a smoke-free campus but NOOOO you gotta seondhand smoke me

sales tax that isn't included, so you have to pay more than what's listed on the shelf and tag

Pelion

Regular Trainer
AKA
Curt
Time Zone
Est
When people correct my grammar while I'm talking or telling a story. Yeah you're right it is fewer not less, but you cut me off, and I lost my train of thought. You weren't trying to clear something up but eager to show off some great techinal insight to a language I quite clearly have command over; bar the one tiny error. Thanks tho

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I hate people who laugh loudly in public spaces, particularly when I'm tired/ hungry. Also if they have an annoying laugh.
Same here. Though at least if that happens you can politely tell people to quiet down (i actually did that once and the people listened to me and quieted down a little) And I also dislike people who smoke next to me. Blegh, nasty habit, but it's sometimes inevitable.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
When you’re trying to talk to someone and a stranger makes a snarky response to what you’re saying.

People who make excuses to treat others poorly (especially strangers they heard bad gossip about).

Purposefully noisy mufflers that can be heard half a mile away.

Last edited:

God

a Mess
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
EST
Oh god so many people do this in my area and it pisses me off. Dropping needles/cigarette butts/etc. near CHILDREN'S PLAYGROUNDS or near SCHOOLS. You know, needles that could potentially transfer HIV? Yes, those kinds of needles... I don't care what you go through in your life, you are the scummiest POS human being if you do that - you are endangering children. There is such a thing as harm reduction, you know.

Smoking near mall entrances or arena/complex/etc. entrances. Pretty damn illegal here and it's a several hundred dollar fine, please gtfo. If you're not going to contain your habit, go to rehab, because you're endangering pregnant women, children, and the elderly by being reckless and crude. Fix your attitude or fix your habits. Or both. (:

"Get a job" type people. Like when people go around blaming mental health on you being lazy. No, I literally just cannot function if I don't get 16+ hours of sleep. I can't. I woke up at 5 and I'm already exhausted, that was after going to bed and waking up 3 times. I am sorry my meds aren't magic like you claim they are, I am sorry I am powerless to prevent this.

People that act like when I sell them a name or RP on an account, that they now own that account. No, you don't - unless you want to pay 10-15$ more. Stop harassing me and acting like I'm the bad guy because you don't understand my ToS lol. I'm just trying to make what money I can legitimately without scamming like the rest of the people in it.

Smoking in cars. I don't like having my window open then being arse-blasted by 10 pounds of cigarette smoke wafting RAPIDLY right at my face. It's not really a huge deal but ****!!!!!! ****

When ppl say they gettin somethin for you and u get hyped up because they said it was take out and it turns out they get u like a frozen pizza. Wtf I wanted kfc or mcdonald

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
• Aggressive drivers for sure. You're not going to get anywhere any faster, and I guess the 5 over the speed limit I'm already going isn't good enough for you.
• People who don't use their blinkers. Please. Just use it. I quite enjoy not having to suddenly apply pressure to my brakes because you decided you wanted to turn without using your blinker. Also turn it off if you're not using it. I don't like having to guess if you're going to use it or not.
• People who are on their phones at checkout. Even better when they're paying zero attention to their transaction and mess it up. Get off the phone for 30 seconds and pay attention, and it'll go a lot smoother and faster.
• People who decide to look up their price matches at checkout. Do it before you come to check out. Don't wait till you're at the register to realize "oh, I forgot to price match!! let me look it up!!" and then take 5 minutes to do it. You're holding up my line, and now I gotta take someone else away from what they're doing to help the people you're holding up. Same if you're looking for a coupon. Get your stuff together before you come to the checkout.
• People who don't pay attention to their kids. Thank you for allowing your child to destroy the store we just tidied up. Also thank you for allowing your child to run around the store and get in everyone else's way or get into things they clearly should not be getting into.
• People who stand in your way and just don't move. It's a little annoying when I'm working and trying to recover, but I tolerate it because I don't want people to feel pressured to hurry up and get what they want. If I'm not working though, kindly get what you need and move, or if you need some time to decide, at least give enough room for someone else to get through if they want to grab what they want and go. Bonus points if they acknowledge your presence and know you're there but still stand there. The other day, I went to the store after work to pick up some stuff, and I had a cart of stuff. Self checkout was the only thing open at this point, and a group of about 5 was using the self checkout, in addition to a woman on the other side of them; there's not enough space for me to get through. Two people from the group of five deadass look at me, and I look at them. I am standing there with my cart of items with the intent to check out. They turn away and do not move, instead continuing to take their time checking out. (Admittedly, I could've probably just walked around or said excuse me, but really, if you're gonna acknowledge someone is there, then at least make some sort of effort to get out of the way.)
• Slow walkers. I don't mind it if I'm not in a hurry, but also I walk fast, and if I can't get around you, I'd appreciate it if you picked up the pace a little bit.

Kyogre386

Regular Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
• Slow walkers. I don't mind it if I'm not in a hurry, but also I walk fast, and if I can't get around you, I'd appreciate it if you picked up the pace a little bit.
The worst thing is when there's a group of them and they're in a horizontal line like some giant slow-moving barrier.