GO Pokemon GO Events

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Pokemon GO has had a lot of events both in-game and in real life ever since Halloween 2016. Some events have had increased spawns or new research tasks focusing on specific type(s), others have included bonuses such as double candy, and others still have introduced new shiny Pokemon into the game since a little under a year ago. GO Fest and Safari Zones were held at various cities across the world, especially this summer, though I'm not sure if anyone here has been to any of those. Finally, Niantic introduced Community Days in January, where a certain Pokemon (chosen from starters, Eevee, or a Pokemon found in 10 km eggs so far) appears in greater numbers with a high chance of being shiny. A special move is also available and there are extra bonuses such as Lure Modules lasting for three hours and increased stardust, EXP, or even lower egg hatching distance. A complete list of the in-game events is found here.

Which event has been your favorite so far? Why? Are there any particular events you're hoping to see soon?

My favorite event so far has probably been the Water Festival during this summer. I started really playing GO again in February with the introduction of research and Mew, but didn't get really involved with it until June when I was done with classes and working full-time instead. Being able to actually go out and play during the Water Festival was really nice and I got a lot of new Pokemon that I had never even seen in the game before. In the future I'm really hoping for a Sinnoh-only event, although now that the weather's getting colder here I'd like for that to wait until spring or summer. :joyousazurill:

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I really enjoyed the Kanto/Ultra Bonus event as Serebii called it. Was exciting to be able to hatch regionals from eggs and work toward filling those last slots in the Kanto Pokedex. It also gave me motivation to keep hatching the gift eggs as well as to send and receive them from others at a time when I had already hatched all of the available Alolan Pokemon. This is probably the event that got me the most motivated to get out and play, so I enjoyed it a lot.

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Any event that makes candy easier to obtain is one I'm a fan of and I want to see more of them, with how precious a resource it is currently.

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
I'm a huge fan of community days, especially when they include 2x stardust. I usually have very little stardust from trading shinies so I really need all I can get.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i'll always love the chikorita event. not only is it one of my favorite pokemon, but i got soooo many shinies from that event and i had a lot of fun naming all of them and it was just a really fun way to immerse myself more in the game.

there was this one guy walking around the city that i saw and he taped a leaf to a green beanie and i lost my **** when i saw it so that was a huge highlight. the chikorita event was just kinda the one where i saw the most people around on the streets playing. it was really cool to see how many people have actually stuck with the game.