❤ ❤ ❤
- Join Date
- Oct 28, 2018
- in ur heart
That's right, I got approval from Solar, a moderator, and Fafrir, a host of the past two versions, to bring this back!! And what better time to do it? Let's celebrate the public opening of the Marriland forums with a massive, classic Hurt n Heal, hosted by yours truly. I hope you all will have fun with it.
(Special thanks to Solar and Bossvelt for letting me bounce my ideas off them and giving feedback before this went live!!)
How will it work?
This version will include every single Pokémon released thus far, excluding Meltan and Melmetal since they are very freshly revealed (and including them makes the total number really weird to divide up into rounds lole). Alolan forms are included, but all other alternate forms are NOT included, including Megas/Primals. Vote based on your opinion of the Pokémon as a whole!!
This game will be divided up into three brackets:
Beginners Bracket: There are 825 Pokémon total. 11 will be listed per round. Thus, we will have 75 initial rounds in the beginners bracket. They will start at 9 health each and the cap will be 12.
Advanced Bracket: Then, the winners of the Beginners Bracket will be divided into 15 rounds, with 5 Pokémon each. They will start at 12 health each with a cap of 15.
Winners Bracket: Next, the 15 winners from the Advanced Bracket will be divided into 3 rounds, 5 Pokémon each. They will start with 15 health each and the cap will be 20.
Final Bracket: Finally, the 3 finalists from the winners bracket will get their own final round, and will be hurt/healed until we have one single winner! They will start with 20 health each and the cap will be 25.
New rounds will be posted as soon as possible after the previous one ends. Since my job / commute keeps me away from the computer a lot, I've recruited Bossvelt to post new rounds if I'm unable to.
Wait but, what is a Hurt n Heal??
If you're unfamiliar with Hurt n Heal games, basically you have 1 point to add and 2 points to subtract, per post, to the objects on the list in the post before yours. Copy + paste that list into your own post and make your changes. For example, if the list is as follows:
You can choose one of them to heal, and one of them to hurt...
Strawberries  +1
Grapes  -2
OR, you can divide up your 2 hurt points, like so...
Apples  -1
Strawberries  +1
Grapes  -1
It's up to you!
When something reaches 0 health, it is removed from the list. The round continues until only one item remains.
Please note: In this Hurt n Heal, healing is optional, but hurting is not. (In other words, you may hurt without healing, but you may not heal without hurting.) Please use both hurt points in each post, unless you are ending a round where the runner-up only had 1 health left. You may not hurt and heal the same Pokémon at once if that wasn't obvious.
These games can get pretty crazy so here are some rules that will hopefully help.
1. You may only post to hurt/heal every 30 mins. If you post sooner than that, it simply won't count. Feel free to post sooner if you're just fixing numbers or something, though. Also if you were the last person to post, please wait until someone else posts before voting again, even if it's been more than 30 minutes.
2. Please make it obvious who you are hurting/healing. Don't just change the numbers, put a +1/-2 next to them, or color the numbers green/red, or simply state who you hurt/heal, just make it clear somehow please!!
3. You may not heal past the health caps I put in place. (Beginners Bracket: 12, Advanced Bracket: 15, Winners Bracket: 20, Finals Bracket: 25) If you do, the heal won't count, but your hurts still will.
4. Only I (shhmew) and Bossvelt may start new rounds. If we are both unavailable, please be patient!!
5. Watch for ninjas! These forums make it much easier to spot ninjas before you post, but if someone does post right before you and you don't see it until you've already posted, please edit your post accordingly with their votes. If you don't, your post will still count, but it will make things a lot more confusing for everyone.
6. Use common sense. Follow the Marriland Rules, don't create alts to abuse votes, don't get heated and attack people over your favorite poke losing, just don't be dumb or you'll get banned from playing and it'll be annoying and sad. If you notice someone playing the game wrong let me or Bossvelt know, if someone is breaking the rules of the forums please just report the post and leave it alone.
7. Have fun my lovelies! I really hope you all enjoy, I've just been craving a good Hurt n Heal so I hope I can deliver!! Also I hope this explanation and rules all made sense, but if they don't, just watch how others play the game for a while and you'll get the hang of it I promise, it's super simple.