Nuzlocke Pokemon Let's Go Eevee Modlocke!

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
Well, I've started a new Nuzlocke, and this time it is both recorded and with commentary! Yay!

This is a Modifier Locke, or Modlocke. It is a Nuzlocke variant I put together to provide more challenge to what would otherwise be a pretty easy challenge. How does it differ? Well, Let's Go (pun intended) over the rules.

1. All pokemon must be nicknamed.
  2. Fainting is death
  3. I can only catch the first encounter in a route for my team.
  4. Since battling wild pokemon for levels doesn't exist, I am able to catch other pokemon for the purposes of training only. They are not nicknamed and are subsequently released
. This also helps with fulfilling those gym requirements.
5) Battle mode is SET, of course.

Finally there is one additional rule to the ModLocke, which sets it apart from the standard Nuzlocke rules:

6) Upon beating a gym, a Wheel of Misfortune must be spun. This contains an assortment of different potential modifiers to add to the list. Most of them offer pretty brutal negative rules, but there are a few positive ones in there just to give some element of hope. The wheel I have set up is here: https://www.tripticoplus.com/share/1118516 . You need to be signed up to use it (but you dont need to have the subscription, so don't worry about that if you want to try it for yourself.

Anyway, without further ado, here is the first part of my Modlocke challenge. I will be updating it every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday until I finish or fail!

Be warned, there may be bad language in some of the episodes. Depending on what happens, they may slip out. Viewer discretion is advised for that reason.

Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
Time for part 2! This is the episode when stuff actually starts happening. We have a few new friends, another rival battle, and a showdown with The Brock Man himself (or is it Brockman?).

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
Time to jump into Mt Moon, where we face Trouble.... wait, make that Double!

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
After stepping into cerulean city, it's time to grab myself a delicious nugget!

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
After the terrible luck last time, I think it's time to relax a little on the SS Anne!

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
Seems like I forgot something. Looks like we're going on a slight detour...

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
After the little backtracking session last time, I'm finally back on track to Lavender Town! My luck also seems to be improving slightly too, which is nice.

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
In the latest instalment of my Modlocke, I face another gym leader and get another modifier dumped on me. Great....

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
Team Rocket are back! Let's Go (pun intended) into their secret hideout and clear them out!

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
This time we have a poor cubone that needs our help, and we need to wake up a sleeping princess.

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
The journey to Fuchsia is a long, hard road. Let's Go and see if we can get there in one piece and fight Koga!

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
Team Rocket are up to no good again. Time to infiltrate Silph Co and weed them out!

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
Spooky mansion? Time for Chris Redf.... the pokemon trainer to check it out!

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
Sabrina's gym is on the horizon, and it looks as though I may have to celebrate diversity!

SpanishAdam

Rookie Trainer
Only two more gyms left to go, and then I can make my way to the Elite 4! My Nuzlocke is finally drawing to a close. Let's Go and bash out these gyms quickly!