Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Pokémon Sword and Shield Progress Lounge

Welcome to the progress lounge! Here, you may share your in-game progress for Pokémon Sword and Shield. Who's on your team? How far are you? Are you enjoying the game? Share whatever experiences you want! This is a sort of chatterbox, so feel free to comment on other people's playthroughs and share your own thoughts, too. That being said, please be careful to put any plot details within [spoiler] tags so you don't spoil something for someone else accidentally :winkazurill:

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
I was able to get the games at 0800 AWST and am currently on my way to the 1st gym (had a bit of a nap).

My team currently consists of...
Lv. 16 Drizzile
Lv. 12 Pancham
Lv. 13 Nickit
Lv. 12 Meowth
Lv. 14 Rookidee
Lv. 11 Skwovet

My favourite new Pokémon is definitely Nickit. Despite all the hate the game got before release, it really is a very good looking game and I'm loving it currently.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I don't plan on playing these games myself, but I'd still like to learn about them, so I look forward to following everybody's progress!

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
I've been having a blast with these games.

I haven't made much progress into the actual story but I've done a lot of exploring, catching and participating in max raid battles. The latter are a great way to stock up on TRs early on!

My current team (all lv. 13-14):

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
These games have been a blast so far! The music in particular has been a highlight.

I’m on route 3 with all my Pokémon at level 12-15. My team has Scorbunny, Yamper, Wooloo, and that dark type fox Pokémon (I cant remember it’s name).

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Lizzy (Taller); Royale; Raere
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
SW-6769-1098-6000
These games are so much fun! When I entered that first Wild Area I was getting straight Hyrule Field vibes, I loved it.
I probably spent a good handful of hours just running around the fields, doing the max raids, picking berries, trying to fight the "super strong-looking" Pokemon (and learning you can't capture any :upsidedownazurill:), and LOVING the camp feature. I also totally "splurged" on the free trial for Switch membership to go online and I'm probs not even gonna cancel.

I finally stopped for the night right before the first Gym leader/Gym town - Turffield?

I'm really debating whether or not if I wanna make a full Galar team. If I'm being honest, none of the designs are really wow-ing me (tbh, it's been that way for the past few gens rip). I don't think I've even had a full team of Region-only since maybe Black and possibly X-ish. The selection early game for creating a team is so amazing though, there's a crazy amount of choices. I'm having fun just kinda mixing and matching for now as I come across Pokemon. I think if anything I'll shoot for half Galarian/half whatever.
I think if I do go full Galar - Inteleon, Corviknight, Runerigus, Flapple, Toxtricity, Centiskorch. Although I do wanna try to procure a Galarian Ponyta too. :< so many choices
Axew, lv.20 - I was hype when I got Axew in one of my Max Raid Battles - he's been soooo good, so good it almost feels steamroll-y lul. I think I might swap him around for a Flapple when I get the chance - but his False Swipe/move set in general is so nice right now.
Yamper, lv.20 - I just kinda caught her and she's in my team. I might keep her around just to evolve into Boltund then try and swap for Toxtricity for the Galar team.
Mudbray, lv.21 - I dunno why I'm using mud horse, but I am and he's pretty lit. Not sure who would replace him in a full Galar team.
Eevee, lv.20 - I love Eevee and she's honestly a tank during Raid battles and in general, but her damage is starting to fall off and I'm not sure if I plan on using an Eeveelution in my playthrough. Maybe Sylveon or Leafon (cause Leafeon my fav), but if I can acquire a Galarian Ponyta - I might fill her in here.
Drizzile, lv.21 - my main boi
Vulpix, lv.12 - Just swapped her in from my Thievul (lv. 20), a fox for a fox. I don't really know what I'm gonna do for a Fire-type or if I'm gonna have one. I might consider using the Fire-Bug type if I go for a full Galar team. I kinda loved Thievul's design, but maybe I just didn't play with him enough to really enjoy the Gen 7 fox.

Last edited:

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
Beat second gym in one day.

Team is:

Hot Buns the Raboot
Chewbert the Dreadnaw
Snapple the Applin (yet to use as it is like Magikarp, useless til evolution)
Zip the Toxel
And Lance the Corvisquire.

Loving the games so far. Only complaints are a small bit of lag in wild area when loading trainers and I haven't had a major challenge yet. A couple annoying NPC trainers but it is maybe because I just have great type coverage. Plus Eldegloss gets an honourable mention as I used it for the water gym just for beating it quickly.

RaptorDMG

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
BST
3DS FC
1350-1138-8038
IGN
Stephen
On my way to the fourth gym at the moment.

I currently have:
Eldegloss lv.28
Carkol lv.29
Thievul lv.29
Boltund lv.29
Corvisquire lv.28
Drizzile lv.29

I'm enjoying the game so far but I'm still annoyed about Dexit so I hope they add the pokemon back in updates ... yeah like that will happen we'll probably get Pokemon Full Sword and Full Shield with all the Pokemon for £60 no other changes made

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
I just cleared route 5 and am still loving the game. I've definitely been spending more time on catching and raid battles than the actual story though. ^^;;

Right now my team's looking like this:

Mochi the Raboot (Lv. 25) - Male - Rash nature

Buttercup the Eldegoss (Lv. 24) - Female - Bold nature

Gumdrop the Drednaw (Lv. 24) - Male - Naughty nature

Chantilly the Alcremie (Lv. 24) - Female - Modest nature

Midnight the Corvisquire (Lv. 25) - Male - Hasty nature

Blitz the Bolthund (Lv. 25) - Male - Adamant nature

I have a Toxel and an Applin in the PC which will eventually replace Eldgeoss and Bolthund but they need training.

DriftyAlison0

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Central Time Zone
3DS FC
3024-8099-0491
IGN
Drifty
Right now I am at the Galar Mine in Pokemon Sword (I do work ft and have a life so my progress may not be as far as others)

My current team is :

Chewtle M lv 16 (I do not give nicknames unless I am nuzlocking)
Gossifleur M lv 17
Nickit M lv 17
Yamper M lv 17
Raboot M lv 17
Rookidee F lv 17

This is not my final team but so far so good. Loving the game so far and can't wait until I get Shield at a later date. I also love that you do not have to go through the how to catch a pokemon tutorial as long as you have more than one Pokemon with you.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Okay so I've been having fun with this game. The whole gym challenge with the stadium set up really hypes me up, so I'm being propelled to finish the story. Still have not gotten a badge yet

Currently my team is looking like:
Embrette the Raboot - Lvl 18, Male
Mandibillia the Chewtle - Lvl 16, Female
Sparky the Yamer - Lvl 17, Female
Aphid the Dottler - Lvl 16, Male
Floruna the Gossifleur -Lvl 17 Female
Baleria the Nickit - Lvl 17, female

I just cleared route 5 and am still loving the game. I've definitely been spending more time on catching and raid battles than the actual story though. ^^;;

Right now my team's looking like this:

Mochi the Raboot (Lv. 25) - Male - Rash nature

Buttercup the Eldegoss (Lv. 24) - Female - Bold nature

Gumdrop the Drednaw (Lv. 24) - Male - Naughty nature

Chantilly the Alcremie (Lv. 24) - Female - Modest nature

Midnight the Corvisquire (Lv. 25) - Male - Hasty nature

Blitz the Bolthund (Lv. 25) - Male - Adamant nature

I have a Toxel and an Applin in the PC which will eventually replace Eldgeoss and Bolthund but they need training.
We will literally have the exact same final team PFFT

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
I just got my 4th badge and my team consists of

Rillaboom LV39
Corviknight LV39
Obstagoon LV38
Coalossal LV37
Sirfetch'd LV37
Flapple LV35

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
At gym 7.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Let me tell you all the story of a brave little lv. 35 Polteageist who took down a lv. 60 Barbaracle in the Wild Area all on his own.

It was an unfortunate encounter which seemed impossible to defeat. The Barbaracle went for a powerful STAB Stone Edge, but Polteageist skillfully dodged the attack.

His nimble movements threw the opponent off guard as Barbaracle went for CROSS CHOP against a Ghost type. Hah. The idiot.

However, he soon regained his fighting spirit and went for Shell Smash. While my Mega Drain would do more damage now, a Stone Edge or water type attack would send my poor Polteageist to another dimension if it hit now.

As by wonder, the AI went for another Shell Smash as my Polteageist finished off the Barbaracle with Mega Drain.

And this is why Barbaracle is the worst Pokemon ever created.

The End.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Currently at Glimwood Tangle and my team consists of

Soccer the Cinderace - Level 38 - Relaxed
Rina the Thievul - Level 35 - Sassy
Flower the Eldegoss - Level 32 - Naughty
Monkey the Impidimp - Level 31 - Modest
Pupper the Boltund - Level 33 - Adament
Elephante the Copperajah - Level 34 - Bashful

Yes I've mainly used Soccer