poll: Favourite starter EVER?

Favourite starter ever?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
henlo, i like polls, and i'd like to find out which starter is the most popular in Marriland! Feel free to post the reason behind your vote and discuss about starters!

- votes will be displayed publicly
- you can vote for 2 (it's just too hard to pick only one ;~;)

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Oshawott because it's an adorable sea otter. And Fennekin because it's an equally adorable little fox. If eevee were an option, I'd replace my second vote with that. Honestly I primarily chose these two based on the fact that I would love to have one or both as pets IRL. It's just going to take some mad science to create a fox that can breath fire.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Mine is Chikorita. This little cutie is also one of my most favorite Pokemon ever. <3

Got attached using it in Crystal and loved it ever since.

~Kilza~

The Rising Sun
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Easily Mudkip. It was my first ever starter, and it holds a special place in my heart.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Cabin 2 Counselor
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Chikorita is an absolute bab and I will not listen to arguments to the contrary

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
am also on the chikorita train. chikorita is super super cute and stays cute throughout every evolution, it is just too precious. I especially fell in love with it when I chose it as my partner in Explorers of Sky. not only is it unreasonably cute but it hold that special place in heart

my second spot is between fennekin and popplio, but i think popplio is ahead just because I don't really like delphox that much. fennekin and braixen are SUPER cuties and I love the concept, but delphox never stole my heart the same way. popplio is so so so cute, brionne is one of my favorite water types, and primarina is gorgeous and so grand and beautiful and lovely !!

Ruellia

Lively Kooky
My mind says Rowlet but my heart and soul says Chikirota, so she's my pick. I also own a Chikorita plush which I ordered on Ebay but I haven't seen it in a while.

I remember playing gold as an Oddish and I fell in love w/ Chikorita basically instantly. Its design is too precious and its evolved forms are also equally sweet and precious. I especially love how the buds on Chikorita's neck develop into a larger buds, and then into beautiful pink flower petals.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
AKA
Daam
I didn't even have to think much about this one. By far and away Chimchar is my favorite starter! I just have such a fondness of using infernape whenever I play a game, that if allowed the choice, I would pick it without a second thought. Infernape's design just exudes a sense of agility and that is really my preferred attribute when looking over favorites

Second pick would be Piplup. God I love piplup! It's so adorable and penguins in general are such cute animals! The design instantly resonates with me and my gosh everytime I can't use Infernape, I wish I could use Empoleon. Both favorites from the same generation may seem odd, but god I love them both so much! Even though I have a preference for Chimchar

Resolute

sterner stuff
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Mine is Totodile and nobody's going to change my mind. ;3

Mudkip, Chimchar, and Rowlet are pretty cool as well.

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I picked Froakie and Litten because I love their final forms. I also do like Samurott. I guess I have a thing for Pokemon who's designs are themed to resemble Final Fantasy Classes.

smoky

alone
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i am also on the chikorita train. i really love it for how many people say it sucks and it's unusable but like i used it in silver and it's amazing i loved it. it's also just a really cute pokemon and i think that, while it gets less cute as it evolves, it's evolutions are also really adorable. shiny chikorita is a blessing from the heavens as well

my second pick is bulbasaur who's another really underrated pokemon that no one talks about but is really amazing. another really cute pokemon and i love how the bulb turns into a gigantic flower idk why but that's so appealing to me uwu

Mazerakuh

Junior Trainer
It has to be Bulbasaur for me. I started playing Pokémon with Blue and Bulbasaur was my first ever choice, so it holds a big nostalgic value in my heart.
For Fire, my favourite has always been Cyndaquil since G/S and for Water... I guess I'll go with Piplup, even though for this last one Type my mind changes pretty often.

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
IGN
Anne
Cyndaquil is my favorite with Froakie as a close second. I like both of thier evolution lines a lot and they both are adorable. (Though honestly, all the starters have adorable designs.)

I can't vote for three, but if I had to pick my favorite grass starter, it would have to be Turtwig.

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Charmander and Piplup.

Charmander is the OG. Back in the day all the cool kids picked Charmander because it grew up into the most badass Pokemon after Mewtwo. And Charizard was king in the cards too. Sure in the games Charmander was hard early on, but that just proved you were good.

Piplup because it's a penguin and penguins have a special place in my heart, and because it grows up to gain the steel type which is so so useful in storyline runs.

Honourable mentions to Squirtle, the smart choice back in the day and it gets freaking cannons when it evolves. Fennekin and Rowlet, I think the whole lines of both are really cool designs.

PS: Against all the Chikorita love here, it's probably my least favourite. It's a defensive grass type that doesn't get decent status moves, bleurgh. I don't even think the design is anything special. Oh, and if we ever get one, "Mega Meganium" is going to be the stupidest name for a Pokemon ever.

Runaiic

Beginner Trainer
You spelt Torchic wrong you evil monster! How could you do such a thing?

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
Chimchar is absolutely precious to me, it’s adorable and I love everything about it and its evolutions. It was such a sweetheart in the anime as well.

After Chimchar, I’m a fan of Chikorita, Fennekin and Popplio purely because of how adorable they are.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I had a hard time between Mudkip and Litten, but Litten just stole my heart when I first saw it and especially when I used it in Ultra Moon. Maybe I'm just a crazy cat lady, I dunno. But gotta love the little guy.
Mudkip is special too, as my first starter and a pretty useful little guy. I chose cute, I got a bit of an overpowered team mate.
I also love Chikorita, Fenniken, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Rowlet, Popplio, Squirtle, Piplup, and Oshawott.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
While Totodile was my first starter, Oshawott is just too adorable for it to not be my favorite. The dimples, the scalchop, the cry. Everything about it is cute.