AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
basically what teams did ya’ll use in 3rd gen

~~~

My team was only the second team I’d properly constructed in a Pokemon game, so it’s a bit funky in places, but on the whole I really liked it. For clarity, the game I played was Emerald.

1581594922057.png
Blueberry the Swampert
1581594961914.png
Cabbage the Breloom
1581594996396.png
Mango the Camerupt
1581595031857.png
Onion the Skarmory
1581595073654.png
Tangerine the Raichu
1581595105149.png
Olive the Dusclops

IDK why I named them all after fruits/vegetables, but I did. They were all good, although my favorite weirdly enough ended up being Dusclops, which I didn’t expext.

juiccbox

local buffoon
AKA
Juice/Juice man
Looks like a fun team, I love the nickname theme
The last gen 3 team I made was when I was 11, so it’s not the greatest but here

Nugget the Blaziken :blaziken: (although I prefer swampert now)
Raichu (unnamed) :raichu:
Chariot the Gardevoir :gardevoir:
Delta the Latias :latias:
Archie the sharpedo :sharpedo:
Anne the Banette :banette:

Reactions: Zed

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
My latest Pokemon Sapphire team from a few years ago was:

- Firestorm the Blaziken :blaziken:
- Nightwing the Crobat :crobat:
- Metallo the Aggron :aggron:
- Clayface the Claydol :claydol:
- Scarecrow the Cacturne :cacturne:
- Mera the Wailord :wailord:

As you can see I had a DC Comics naming theme during this playthrough and I'm actually very happy with all of the names except for Wailord's but at the time I couldn't really think of any other female characters with water powers from DC comics that would fit better.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Despite many attempts and partial restarts, due to near-insurmountable emulator problems I was never able to complete any Gen III game. I had just beaten the 7th Gym on Ruby.

My team at the time was: :blaziken: :linoone: :anorith: :gardevoir: :tropius: :sealeo:
Pokemon I had used but who were in the PC: :masquerain: :nuzleaf: :swellow: :whiscash: :tentacool:

I had also planned to eventually catch Groudon and Latias for my main team, replacing Linoone and Gardevoir respectively.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Played Sapphire. From memory:
- Sceptile :sceptile:
- Swellow :swellow:
- Ludicolo :ludicolo:
- Hariyama :hariyama:
- Flygon :flygon:?
- Manectric :manectric:?

...Remembers not liking a lot of Ruby/Sapphire's Pokemon (in terms of appearance). Thought highly of Swellow :swellow: and Flygon :flygon:. (Could have picked up Flygon :flygon: after the Elite Four.)

Learned about Lombre's :lombre: evolution super late. Estimates around Pacifidlog Town, due to seeing a trainer with a Ludicolo :ludicolo:. Never thought to try a Water Stone.

Was not big on Hariyama :hariyama:. Performed well, though.

Guessed hard on Manectric :manectric:. Imagines picking something like that. Could have been Torkoal :torkoal: or even Lunatone :lunatone:.

ZxCv

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT (Greenwich Mean Time, London & Dublin)
I really liked my Hoenn team actually.

This was the first generation I decided to ditch my starter pokemon (although it was towards the end where I replaced Swampert with Milotic). It was quite a defensive line up, had a few glaring weaknesses, but I really enjoyed it.

Manectric, Breloom, Salamence, Milotic, Aggron, Flygon.

Obviously quite weak to ice, so I relied on Breloom and Aggron quite heavily when it came to the E4.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Interesting to see someone use a Salamence since it's accessible so late in the game. Did you have to make a pit stop before the Pokemon League to grind it up and evolve it?

ZxCv

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT (Greenwich Mean Time, London & Dublin)
Interesting to see someone use a Salamence since it's accessible so late in the game. Did you have to make a pit stop before the Pokemon League to grind it up and evolve it?
I believe I made a pit stop. I killed quite a lot of time between doing contests for Milotic, filling my dex, and raising Salamence. Plus, I had my sibling who was doing the game at the same time so we often took time to fight one another before the Elite 4. When I get back home however, in a couple weeks, I'll check my cartridge to see when I actually caught Salamence because now I'm curious.

EDIT: okay, I went back and found my first game clear:

Gardevoir (level 56); Dusclops (level 59); Manectric (level 57); Salamence (level 52); Milotic (level 60); Breloom (level 55).
From this I reckon I used Flygon until I went back and caught Salamence. Turns out I didn’t use an Aggron at all!

Last edited: