Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
What’s a game you own that you can’t bring yourself to actually play?

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
This War of Mine comes to mind. I didn't even make it to the middle of the game before all of my characters were at least "solidly unhappy," and that's something that I get enough of irl and don't really want to play in a video game. I've learned since that that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Good game in theory, but you need a bigger spine than mine to play it.

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I've bought SO many games, trying to get more into gaming outside of Pokemon, but I keep procrastinating playing them. Some that come to mind that I have are Stardew Valley, Sims, Tales of series, Passpartout etc.

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
Octopath Traveler, but it's not so much laziness to play it, it's laziness to beat it. Also lack of actual free time to just sit down and play it is another factor since I'm not the type of gamer that can game in short bursts and would rather set aside a good few hours to game.

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
This War of Mine comes to mind. I didn't even make it to the middle of the game before all of my characters were at least "solidly unhappy," and that's something that I get enough of irl and don't really want to play in a video game. I've learned since that that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Good game in theory, but you need a bigger spine than mine to play it.
Hard agree this game just depressed me lmao
Maybe I'll get back to it someday but after playing it for 3 hours I was like wow I feel miserable

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I procrastinate with most of the games I own, though I wouldn't say that I can't "bring myself to play" any of my games. It's kind of more like, unless I really want to play a game or have a reason to play it, I just struggle to find some sort of motivation to actually start playing the games I own. I'd attribute that to two things: (1) not quite enough free time to play games in addition to other things and (2) analysis paralysis. Like, once I actually start playing the game I'm fine, it's more about finding a way to start it in the first place, lol.

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST
the game Tyranny, to be honest. It's like a diablo 2/baldur's gate clone but i just never find time to sit and play it. It's odd.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Interestingly enough, Pokémon Ultra Sun is my biggest example currently. The way experience is handled was something I just barely tolerated in Moon. I got kind of bored with the game, too, which is rare for me and a Pokémon game. Maybe it just feels too much like SM at the place I'm at right now? I dunno, I'm just not as into it as I was into Moon.

At the rate I'm going, I'll have a Switch by the time I'm done playing it.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I procrastinate with most games I own.

If I feel like playing, I'll play but if I don't, mygames will just gather dust until the mood strikes me again.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
every time i see this thread i remember ultra sun/moon was the only main series pokemon game i never managed to finish and even picked up the next new series before finishing it

just don't feel like it lmao i dont know wHY.

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
ultra moon, hollow knight, gamecube fire emblem games, tales of symphonia

wait there's so many of them

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Awakening and Majora’s Mask. I’ve barely played through either, and one day I need to make sure I don’t waste that money.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Oh god I have such a huge backlog of games. It's gotten to the point where I feel like I must schedule time into my week dedicated purely to picking a game, playing it through bit by bit, getting it done, then uninstalling the thing before moving onto the next one. So it's less about not bringing myself to play, than just never getting around to it. My problem seems to come from playing too many "infinite" games, as in ones without any real ending (Minecraft for example, or literally any online multiplayer game). At the moment I'm getting through Wolfenstein: The New Order. Thinking about taking a trip down memory lane and playing the first Assassin's Creed next though. I acquired the bundle of all the main line titles in that franchise some time ago fairly cheaply, now it's just a case of finding the time to sit down and get 'em done.

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
If I were to seriously commit to finishing all the games I own, I don't know how long that would take. There are so many games I've bought, put a few hours into, and then just abandoned to play a comfort game instead. Skyrim, Dark Souls, Half-Life, Stardew Valley, Enter The Gungeon, Ultra Moon, Earthbound, all games I seriously enjoyed playing but just kind of dropped for no reason.

Pantheon

Right. On. Cue!
Staff Emeritus
Aside from a big list on Steam (games from like '14 and '15 that I purchased on there but have yet to play), Ultra Moon and Breath of the Wild. For BotW I thought about playing it but ended up playing Skyrim instead (and finally 'finishing' it on a character for the first time ever) and now I have a backlog of other Switch games post-Christmas. For Ultra Moon... I was just disappointed by how little changed and have barely touched it and felt no inclination to play it.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Out of curiousity, have any of you guys ran your Steam libraries through one of those gametime-checkers? It might be fun to see how much of your life you'd need to spend getting caught up on everything...

I'd post mine, but for some reason they don't seem to be finding me for some reason, or lying that I don't have any single player games.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Out of curiousity, have any of you guys ran your Steam libraries through one of those gametime-checkers? It might be fun to see how much of your life you'd need to spend getting caught up on everything...

I'd post mine, but for some reason they don't seem to be finding me for some reason, or lying that I don't have any single player games.
Way too long, by any and all measures, according to the first result that came up on google, and yet I spend so much of my free time replaying Skyrim for the 28th time.

I'm guessing the unaccounted for games are the obscure RPG Maker creations I picked up off Humble in bulk a while ago, and those are typically not short, so the actual number is probably even higher. On the other hand some/most of those aren't very good and it's unlikely that I'll be playing them all through to completion.

Debating whether I want to manually calculate my backlog of wii/u/3/ds games, which isn't nearly as staggering but contains a lot of long RPGs. I'm probably happier not knowing the answer to that, honestly.

gylfie

you shouldn't have listened
...all of them? :’D

Octopath Traveler, but it's not so much laziness to play it, it's laziness to beat it. Also lack of actual free time to just sit down and play it is another factor since I'm not the type of gamer that can game in short bursts and would rather set aside a good few hours to game.
this is exactly me.
I don’t have a lot of time to play games so if I do it just ends up being a little bit of smash or something. I have 2 Zelda wii games that I haven’t played ‘cause I have other games I wanna finish (botw, some ds and 3ds games like the bravely series) but I can’t finish those either... I need more time to play video games :’0

Also I tend to procrastinate finishing games ‘cause I don’t want them to end..... ‘cause if they end then I won’t play them anymore. But I don’t play them ‘cause I don’t wanna finish them. So either way I lose :-(

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Both my Switch and Steam backlog are so massive at this point that I don't even know where to start. Trying to move on from Hollow Knight but I'm being haunted by the last 2% needed to get 112% which is the max. Can't bring myself to play anything else for very long before I'm back doing boss fights.