• Staff Applications

Hello fellow Marrilanders! We have reached a point for our staff team where recruiting new members is necessary — so we are opening up applications!
    If you are interested, you can find more information in this thread.

Prom Mad Libs - The Results

AKA
Dino, Christy
The votes are in, and we have our awards! (drumroll)​

The community's favorite story is... Nuuk and atlus!
1550191650169.png

8 votes for Nuuk and atlus?
2 votes for Thundawave and Rydia
1 vote for shhmew and Bossvelt, Calliope and Jiaozi, Mystical and Luke Strife, Pendraflare and Fafrir, Revan, seaturtle and Karolina, Flo and Wheegalure, Typhlosion
Best dressed prom attendee is... Revan in a bikini!
1550192093314.png

7 votes for Revan in a bikini
3 votes for Flo and Wheegalure in crocs and Nuuk and atlus? in assless chaps
2 votes for shhmew and Bossvelt in yeezys and SAF in a dress
1 vote for Franciscosta in a fez and seaturtle and Karolina in Converse All Stars
The funniest body part (You grabbed me WHERE?) is... Nuuk and atlus grabbing each other by the butt!
1550192448533.png

7 votes for butt
5 votes for uvula
3 votes for humerus
2 votes for nostril
1 vote for wrist and tibia
The new Marriland dance trend is... A TIE! The Ostentatious Magikarp (Calliope and Jiaozi) and the Choncky Lilfella (Nuuk and atlus?)
1550192684440.png

4 votes for the Ostentatious Magikarp and the Choncky Lilfella
3 votes for the Golden Burmy (Trash Cloak) and the Hairless Shiny Meltan
1 vote for the Bizarro Slowpoke, the Towering Dunsparce, the Petite Dedenne, the Bizarre Dragonair
The LEAST offensive punch flavor is... Chocolate (Moonwatcher and LuluRina)
1550193011229.png

7 votes for chocolate
6 votes for cactus fruit
3 votes for ice cream
1 vote for chimichanga, Burger King foot lettuce, and lasagna
The MOST offensive punch flavor is... Burger King foot lettuce (mfan168 and Zange)
1550193232102.png

8 votes for Burger King foot lettuce
3 votes for Koolaid pickles
2 votes for grilled mushroom and escargot
1 vote for McChicken, cactus fruit, hamburger, and raisin
And finally...
The prom power couple is...
bus and katey, masters of Fortnite dance (submitted by Nuuk and atlus?)!
1550193394795.png

5 votes for bus and katey, masters of Fortnite dance
3 votes for Mewvelt, masters of the sprinkler and Null and Kaori, masters of awkwardly shuffling around
1 vote for Revan and Dino, masters of the Chicken Dance; DeepSeaPrincess and Mirage, masters of the Chicken Dance; Nick and Flo, masters of Fortnite dance; Varholute, masters of ballet; Mystical and Luke Strife, masters of tango; Felly and Jarrod, masters of Krump; and Nuuk and atlus? masters of Viennese Waltz

Thank you so much to everyone who participated! I had an absolute blast collecting your answers and putting the stories together. I've put together some questions for feedback on the event from anyone who would like to give it, so please take a look at the spoiler below. I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did, and happy Valentine's Day!
Would you participate in this event again?
Did you think the submission period was too long, too short, or just right?
Did you think the story length was too long, too short, or just right?
Do you have any other feedback that you would like to have considered for the future?
Congratulations to all of the award winners, and I hope you've all enjoyed this year's MarriProm :hearteyes:

LuluRina

#EeveeProtectSquad!
AKA
Aimee
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Yay we got an award! :D GG everyone!

Would you participate in this event again?
DEFENETLY!
Did you think the submission period was too long, too short, or just right? I would say it was just right tbh
Did you think the story length was too long, too short, or just right? it was a bit long for my taste, but thats only because I don't have a good attention span anymore xD
Do you have any other feedback that you would like to have considered for the future? Nah, I'm bad at giving much feedback xD

Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Would you participate in this event again? Yes.
Did you think the submission period was too long, too short, or just right? I think it was fine. It doesn't really take that long to fill out the form, so there's not really a reason to extend it further. It's more just about finding the time to actually do it in amongst the other events and other chaos in our lives, lol.
Did you think the story length was too long, too short, or just right? I thought the story length was fine.
Do you have any other feedback that you would like to have considered for the future? Honestly, I really enjoyed this, but what disappointed me the most was that there was only 1 round of this. I'd love to see more mad libs done. Maybe do 3 rounds if this ends up being brought back in 2020?

Wheegalure

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Nick
This event was awesome, I think my only problem was I wish there was more than just one template, but one person shouldn’t be expected to write 10 different stories... maybe you can get some more help with it next year. This event was hilarious, great job!

Revan

I See the Light
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
the answer to every feedback question: This event was perfect.
I second this. I loved it a lot and would definitely participate in it again. Thank you for hosting this, Christy! I got a lot of good laughs out of it and had a lot of fun. The story length was perfect in terms of being able to participate easily and read through everything in one sitting as well.

seaturtle

The Wicked Witch
Administrator
Cabin 2
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I think that this was run flawlessly tbh. Maybe get more people to help write more rounds? But like, the simple beauty of having a super easy and short event in the middle of all the other events that constantly need attention might be lost that way.

Luke Strife

"Manners maketh man."
Time Zone
GMT
I really enjoyed it. It was fun to see what goofy stuff we could come up with. Especially with us being totally blind going in at what the end result would be. Would definitely play again.