Wedlocke ☁︎ Quoake's Pokémon Sapphire Wedlocke REVENGE ☁︎

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Phew, you definitely had some guts in that battle against Norman, using a 75% accuracy move to counter a 4x effective Focus Punch from Slaking. ^^'
Congrats on beating Norman though, I'm glad it went well!
Do I have guts? Or do I just blank on certain details at times? :lolazurill: I've really got to slow down and think about things a little harder every now and then. Thanks for the congrats, and good luck for the rest of your Chesslocke btw!

Isn't the Seviper named Tsuchinoko?
Oops, I've fixed that. Sometimes I do make mistakes when I make the whole post that my brain skips over. Thank you for alerting me though, I'll be extra thorough moving forward.

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Part 07b - Winona Glider

• I made my way towards route 119
  • On Route 119, I caught “Allium” the female Oddish
  • I defeated some members of Team Aqua that were causing trouble at the Weather Institute
  • I received “Meteo” the male Castform as a gift Pokémon
    • I could not name it at the time, but next time I am in Slateport I will do so.
  • On the way to Fortree City, I challenged May to a battle
    • I led with Steele against her Numel and I managed to take it out in two Bites
    • I switched into Korma against Grovyle and took a Leaf Blade before taking 4/5 of Grovyle’s health with Ember
    • I tried to Ember again, but she brought in Walmer, so I switched back to Steele who got hit by Water Pulse and was confused
    • Steele managed to use Bite and as hit by another Water Pulse for a bit of damage
    • Steele managed to use Bite again without hitting himself, and Wailmer fainted
    • I switched into Korma, who was hit by Screech before finishing off Grovyle with Ember, defeating May
Korma: BOOM! We destroyed that battle!
Steele: Yeah, it was... it was really fun. :happyazurill:
Puddles: Hmmm, I think this is going to work out pretty well.
Tsuchinoko: Ha! They're sssssso ssssssickeningly sssssssweet.
  • I reached Fortree City
  • On Route 120, I caught “Guac” the male Kecleon
  • I cleared the trainers in Winona’s gym
  • I had Skyknight poisoned again and taught Him Facade
  • Then, I challenged Winona to a battle
    • I led with Crusher against her and used Iron Defence as it used Double Team
    • It used Double Team continuously and I kept missing Rock Tomb
    • Aerial Ace did one damage, but I managed to bring its health very low with one Rock Tomb
    • Winona healed and I managed to hit with Rock Tomb again
    • It used Endeavour, leading me to use my first healing item, a Soda Pop
    • I ran out of Rock Tomb, and had to resort to Metal Claw, which eventually hit, knocking it out
    • She sent in Altaria, so I sent in Skyknight, who got a OHKO with Facade
    • I stayed out against Pelipper, who met the same fate
    • I figured I could get a 2HKO against Skarmory, and I was almost right until it got a critical-hit Steel Wing and killed Skyknight
    • As I brought in Crusher, she healed Skarmory
    • I set up Iron Defence and began using Iron Tail to lower its Defence, until it started to use Sand Attack
    • I used on final Soda Pop, and the spammed Metal Claw until Skarmory was knocked out, and Winona defeated
Crusher: No... he... he kept saying he could handle it but...
Steele: ...
Puddles: Like, it's alright Crusher. He's in a better place, man.
  • Storm received the Feather Badge
  • I withdrew Bunny the Marill from the PC and paired him with Crusher
  • On Route 120, Puddles evolved into Marshtomp
  • Bunny also evolved into Azumarill
  • On Route 121, I caught “Pinocchio” the male Shuppet
  • The first Pokémon I was able to catch in the Safari Zone was “Durian” the female Rhyhorn
    • I have gone by the original Nuzlocke rules for the Safari Zone: whenever I encounter a Pokémon, I must throw Pokéballs at it unless it is a duplicate - this means no running away from a Pokémon to chose my “encounter"
    • The Rhyhorn I caught was the first Pokémon I ran into anyway, so it didn’t end up mattering
  • I reached Lilycove City
I will start by saying that I recognise I made a silly choice that made absolutely no sense at all. I came down with a bout of clown-itis, and went on automatic and made a dumb decision with no grounds, and I understand that could be frustrating to people, just like it was to me. I've made plenty of dumb mistakes, and I beat myself up over this one for a while, but I decided to just push through and make it work. I'm going to just have to not make super-dumb choices in the future so I can stop disappointing myself. To end on a more positive note, my Pokémon have become strong and I think they will become very useful in the coming parts of the game. Please be kind to me over my mistakes, I will try to make sure that in the end, this is a great challenge overall.

Puddles

Level 36
Nature: Lax
Ability: Torrent
Item: Soft Sand

-Surf
-Growl
-Mud Shot
-Take Down

Tsuchinoko

Level 36
Nature: Impish
Ability: Shed Skin
Item: None

-Crunch
-Screech
-Poison Tail
-Poison Fang

Steele

Level 36
Nature: Bold
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Blackglasses

-Bite
-Swagger
-Sand-Attack
-Tackle

Korma

Level 36
Nature: Brave
Ability: Magma Armour
Item: Quick Claw

-Ember
-Amnesia
-Rock Slide
-Magnitude

Bunny

Level 29
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Thick Fat
Item: Exp. Share

-Tail Whip
-Water Gun
-Rollout
-Bubblebeam

Crusher

Level 35
Ability: Sturdy

-Metal Claw
-Iron Defense
-Rock Tomb
-Iron Tail

Player: Storm
Hours: 43:27

• "Jellette" the female Tentacool
  • “Comet” the male Electrike
  • “Willo’Wisp” the male Volbeat
  • “Habanero” the female Slugma
  • “Rotatia” the female Spinda
  • “Smack” the female Machop
  • “Pebble” the female Sandshrew
  • “Limestone” the male Lileep
  • "Breeze" the female Swablu
  • "Soba" the female Magikarp
  • "Elastic" the female Wailmer
  • "Toothache" the male Carvanha
  • “Allium” the female Oddish
  • “Meteo” the male Castform
  • “Guac” the male Kecleon
  • “Pinocchio” the male Shuppet
  • “Durian” the female Rhyhorn
  • “Steak” the female shiny Machop
Attempt 1:
Mosaic

Mosaic, you may have been lonely in nature, but I know that you were never alone with Monsoon. You were proud of your growth into a Beautifly, and so was I. I hope you'll forgive me for letting you down in that gym battle, and that you can rest easy now with Monsoon.

Monsoon

I was very excited for my quirky gull and what she would accomplish in her future. Unfortunately, Monsoon did not get the chance she should have had. I wish that things could have gone better for her, but now she and Mosaic will get to fly together forever in peace.

Fern

Fern, the moment I realised you weren't going to survive the battle, my heart sank. You have been phenomenal from the beginning, in how you battled so well, became so strong, and built Lucky up to create an inseparable bond between to two of you. I'm so proud of everything you have accomplished, and you don't need to be modest about any of it. Now rest with Lucky in peace.

Lucky

You were not the strongest Pokémon, Lucky, but you were determined and you certainly impressed me multiple times. Whether it was dodging attack in Roxanne's gym, or the large quantity of Whismur we plowed through in Rusturf Tunnel, believe me when I say I am proud of you. I wish we could have had more adventures together, and I hope you and Fern are in a better place.

Decaf

You were a very rare find, Decaf, and all of your truancy at the beginning was well-worth the beast you became. You were an amazing powerhouse, dedicated to protecting the peace and protecting your friends the best you could. I'm just sorry your best wasn't enough to destroy Magneton. I won't forget you soon, Decaf.

Dawn

I knew from the start I would be able to trust you to do well, and you did not disappoint me. You were all that a Taillow and a Swellow should be, and I know you could have gone on to do so much more. I'm sorry your time was cut short by Wattson. I hope that you and Decaf will find peace, working out together forever in the next life.

Satin

It took a long time to train you Satin, but it was so worth it. You became so strong and independent, I know you wanted to impress Mosaic and her attitude to the team. Well, I know she would be very proud of you, just as I am. You can now rest with her forever.

Neon

While your nature threw me off a bit at first, I now know you were so Adamant because you were trying to compensate for some of your flaws with hard-work and determination. I think you were a bit of a team role-model, especially for mischievous Satin. Unfortunately, you couldn't go as far as you wanted. In your last moments, I'm proud that you stood your ground and didn't give up. I will miss you, and I will miss Satin.

Attempt 2:
Polly

You did me very proud multiple times Polly, and I'm sorry about how you went. There was nothing I could do about that Wailmer once that Electrike had paralysed you and lowered your defence. I know Steele will find it hard to continue without you, and so will I, but we will try our best to win this challenge for you. Goodbye my hasty little lily-pad.

Resonance

I was very excited to get to use you more Resonance, but sadly, it wasn't to be. I'm sorry that you had to die at the hands of that cruel Golbat. I know that you fought hard for Birdnado, and now you can rest easy. I'll miss not being able to use Loudred in this challenge, and I hope you are at peace now.

Birdnado

Here lies Birdnao, Purveyor of Feathered Rage. You were intent on destroying anything that came into your path, and while you had your fair share of victories, this time you were faced with an opponent you couldn't defeat. I hope that now, you can rest knowing that the battle is over, there's no need to fight any longer. Goodbye, Birdnado.

Fortune

I was continually impressed by you, Fortune. You helped Puddles out with many gym fights, and you definitely helped with this one. I'm just sorry it didn't turn out like it should have, and it's my fault. You and Puddles were best friends, and you two worked amazingly together, and I know Puddles will miss you too. I just hope you're picking up Full Restores on the other side now, with your friend Resonance.

Skyknight

Skyknight, your death was unreasonable and I made stupid, stupid reckless decisions that caused you to lose your life. You wanted to be an incredible fighter and a good teammate, and you were. But you didn't have to take the fall that you did, and I will regret it for a long, long time. I'm so sorry I let you down.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
Mistakes happen to everyone, so don't sweat it too much! Losing Skyknight :swellow: sucks, but you're still standing with another gym down. I've been enjoying reading along, so keep it up!

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Part 08b - A Tate-and-Liza-Surpriza!

• I challenged May to a battle
    • I led with Tsuchinoko against her Swallow and managed to defeat it with two Poison Tails
    • I switched into Puddles against Numel and took it out with a Surf
    • I switched back to Tsuchinoko against Grovyle and withstood a Leaf Blade, taking it out with one Poison Fang
    • I stayed out against Wailmer, who I took out in two Poison Fangs, defeating May
Tsuchinoko: Hehe, I sssssshowed them a thing or two!
Puddles: Man, that was, like, so great!
Bunny: My goodness! You all certainly get into interesting battles here! I'll do my best to keep up.
Crusher: ...
  • I headed to Mount Pyre to confront Team Aqua
  • On Mount Pyre, I caught “Chill Dude” the male Meditite
  • I followed Team Aqua to Slateport City, and tracked the stolen submarine to Lilycove
  • I infiltrated the Aqua hideout
  • Archie absconded with the Sub to the Seafloor Cavern
  • I reached Mossdeep City and got the Super Rod
  • I trained my Pokémon up to level 42 and Crusher evolved into Aggron
Bunny: Gosh, Crusher! You look so powerful now!
Crusher: I feel so strong! I think this might be okay...
Crusher: Bunny?
Bunny: Why, yes? Is there something the matter?
Crusher: Please be careful in this gym fight. These things can... turn south.
Bunny: ...
Bunny: Ha! No need to worry. I believe in what we can do together!
Crusher: You're right. We're strong and determined.
Bunny: And we'll work together. That's what friends are for, right?
Crusher: Yeah :happyazurill:
  • I Challenged Tate and Liza to a battle
    • I led with Crusher and Bunny against Lunatone and Solrock
    • Lunatone set up Calm Mind and Solrock used Psychic, taking 1/3 of Bunny’s health
    • Bunny used Surf for a bit of damage on Lunatone and more on Solrock, and Crusher’s Metal Claw failed to knock out Solrock, leaving it with a sliver of health
    • Solrock healed and Lunatone failed with Hypnosis
    • Bunny got a critical hit on Solrock with Surf, and with Crusher’s Metal Claw, the two of them took down Lunatone
    • Solrock used Psychic on Bunny, bringing him to 1/2 of his health, but Surf was enough to knock out Solrock, defeating Tate and Liza
  • Storm received the Mind Badge
Korma: The end's in sight now!
Steele: That's right... one more badge... we can make it.
Korma: We all believe it too, you know?
Steele: What do you mean?
Korma: We all know we can do it. You're not alone in this.
Steele: What's brought this on?
Korma: I don't know. Sometimes you seem to be in your head a lot, trying to convince yourself of something.
Steele: ...
Korma: Well... we all believe it too. We are going to give it our all and make this all worth it.
Steele: ... thank you, Korma.

Sorry again for the long absence. Let's all have a round of applause for Game Freak for making it so Surf doesn't hit your ally in this game. I knew Bunny would not sweep them perfectly, but I'm glad with how the battle went. Crusher's new evolution has excited me and she is honestly so cool now. Same goes for Puddles, really. Korma has also picked up Earthquake, which is going to be very helpful. I can't wait till she learns Eruption too! I just hope that the whole Team Aqua and the Kyogre episode will go down well. My goal is to knock out Kyogre, and I think Tsuchinoko and Puddles will be my best bet for that. Then, I may find myself using the same pair against Wallace, that is, if nothing goes wrong against Kyogre (I hope I didn't jinx it). See you next episode!

Puddles

Level 42
Nature: Lax
Ability: Torrent
Item: Soft Sand

-Surf
-Growl
-Mud Shot
-Take Down

Tsuchinoko

Level 42
Nature: Impish
Ability: Shed Skin
Item: King's Rock

-Crunch
-Screech
-Poison Tail
-Poison Fang

Steele

Level 42
Nature: Bold
Ability: Intimidate

-Bite
-Swagger
-Sand-Attack
-Take Down

Korma

Level 42
Ability: Magma Armour
Item: Quick Claw

-Ember
-Amnesia
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Bunny

Level 42
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Thick Fat
Item: Mystic Water

-Double-Edge
-Surf
-Dive
-Tail Whip

Crusher

Level 42

-Metal Claw
-Iron Defense
-Rock Tomb
-Iron Tail

Hours: 57:43

• “Willo’Wisp” the male Volbeat
  • "Breeze" the female Swablu
  • "Toothache" the male Carvanha
  • “Allium” the female Oddish
  • “Chill Dude” the male Meditite
Attempt 1:
Mosaic

Mosaic, you may have been lonely in nature, but I know that you were never alone with Monsoon. You were proud of your growth into a Beautifly, and so was I. I hope you'll forgive me for letting you down in that gym battle, and that you can rest easy now with Monsoon.

Monsoon

I was very excited for my quirky gull and what she would accomplish in her future. Unfortunately, Monsoon did not get the chance she should have had. I wish that things could have gone better for her, but now she and Mosaic will get to fly together forever in peace.

Fern

Fern, the moment I realised you weren't going to survive the battle, my heart sank. You have been phenomenal from the beginning, in how you battled so well, became so strong, and built Lucky up to create an inseparable bond between to two of you. I'm so proud of everything you have accomplished, and you don't need to be modest about any of it. Now rest with Lucky in peace.

Lucky

You were not the strongest Pokémon, Lucky, but you were determined and you certainly impressed me multiple times. Whether it was dodging attack in Roxanne's gym, or the large quantity of Whismur we plowed through in Rusturf Tunnel, believe me when I say I am proud of you. I wish we could have had more adventures together, and I hope you and Fern are in a better place.

Decaf

You were a very rare find, Decaf, and all of your truancy at the beginning was well-worth the beast you became. You were an amazing powerhouse, dedicated to protecting the peace and protecting your friends the best you could. I'm just sorry your best wasn't enough to destroy Magneton. I won't forget you soon, Decaf.

Dawn

I knew from the start I would be able to trust you to do well, and you did not disappoint me. You were all that a Taillow and a Swellow should be, and I know you could have gone on to do so much more. I'm sorry your time was cut short by Wattson. I hope that you and Decaf will find peace, working out together forever in the next life.

Satin

It took a long time to train you Satin, but it was so worth it. You became so strong and independent, I know you wanted to impress Mosaic and her attitude to the team. Well, I know she would be very proud of you, just as I am. You can now rest with her forever.

Neon

While your nature threw me off a bit at first, I now know you were so Adamant because you were trying to compensate for some of your flaws with hard-work and determination. I think you were a bit of a team role-model, especially for mischievous Satin. Unfortunately, you couldn't go as far as you wanted. In your last moments, I'm proud that you stood your ground and didn't give up. I will miss you, and I will miss Satin.

Attempt 2:
Polly

You did me very proud multiple times Polly, and I'm sorry about how you went. There was nothing I could do about that Wailmer once that Electrike had paralysed you and lowered your defence. I know Steele will find it hard to continue without you, and so will I, but we will try our best to win this challenge for you. Goodbye my hasty little lily-pad.

Resonance

I was very excited to get to use you more Resonance, but sadly, it wasn't to be. I'm sorry that you had to die at the hands of that cruel Golbat. I know that you fought hard for Birdnado, and now you can rest easy. I'll miss not being able to use Loudred in this challenge, and I hope you are at peace now.

Birdnado

Here lies Birdnao, Purveyor of Feathered Rage. You were intent on destroying anything that came into your path, and while you had your fair share of victories, this time you were faced with an opponent you couldn't defeat. I hope that now, you can rest knowing that the battle is over, there's no need to fight any longer. Goodbye, Birdnado.

Fortune

I was continually impressed by you, Fortune. You helped Puddles out with many gym fights, and you definitely helped with this one. I'm just sorry it didn't turn out like it should have, and it's my fault. You and Puddles were best friends, and you two worked amazingly together, and I know Puddles will miss you too. I just hope you're picking up Full Restores on the other side now, with your friend Resonance.

Skyknight

Skyknight, your death was unreasonable and I made stupid, stupid reckless decisions that caused you to lose your life. You wanted to be an incredible fighter and a good teammate, and you were. But you didn't have to take the fall that you did, and I will regret it for a long, long time. I'm so sorry I let you down.

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Part 09b - Rage of the Sea God

• Underwater, I caught “Eleedee” the male Chinchou
  • I battled Team Aqua Grunts in the Seafloor Cavern
  • I challenged Leader Archie to a battle
    • I led with Tsuchinoko against Mightyena, who was debuffed by Intimidate
    • I managed to get a critical-but Poison Tail before getting confused by Swagger
    • Archie healed, and Tsuchinoko hit herself in confusion twice and got hit by Takedown
    • Tsuchinoko snapped out of confusion and used Poison Tail, but I had to heal her up and took a Takedown again
    • Against Crobat, I sent out Puddles and took a Wing Attack before using Surf
    • Archie healed Crobat while it’s health was green for some reason, but I managed to get a 2HKO after that
    • I stayed out against Sharpedo and took a Slash before using Mud Shot to do 3/4 of its health
    • I out-sped it the next turn and knocked it out, defeating Archie
  • Archie’s Red Orb awakened Kyogre and it proceeded to begin the flooding of Hoenn
  • I used Dive and reached Sootopolis City
  • Steven introduced me to Wallace and they let me into the Cave of Origin
  • In the Cave of Origin, I caught “Hemlock” the female Zubat
Puddles: Guys...
Steele: Yeah?
Puddles: This is going to be crazy tough...
Korma: ...
Bunny: ...
Tsuchinoko: ...
Steele: ... let's win this.
Puddles: ... right, dude.
  • I challenged Kyogre to a battle
    • I led with Tsuchinoko and began with Poison Tail after Kyogre used Calm Mind
    • I got a critical-hit, but failed to poison it
    • Tsuchinoko was then killed by a critical-hit Ice Beam
    • Puddles was instantly killed by a Hydro Pump
    • I sent in Steele and got paralysed by a Body Slam before getting off some weak Bite Damage
    • Steele was then killed by Kyogre’s Hydro Pump
    • Korma just survived Kyogre’s Ice Beam, and used Earthquake, but was then killed by Hydro Pump too
    • I sent in Bunny, who survived Hydro Pump with 1 HP, but then used Double Edge and was killed by recoil damage
    • I sent out my last Pokémon, Crusher, who survived Ice Beam and killed Kyogre with Metal Claw
    • With that, Kyogre was defeated, but my team was down to one Pokémon
  • I exited in Sootopolis City to choose my new team-members
My, how eventful. I believed that I had made enough preparation to defeat Kyogre with few casualties, but I was wrong. It was so disappointing to see all the Pokémon who had been on the team for so long die so quickly. I need to train a whole new team essentially, and if you look below, you'll see the members and pairs I chose. Maybe you'll think some of them to be interesting, but I think I've made the best decisions. Now, I must do a very long training session, so it'll be a while until my next update. Maybe I'll post a bit in the middle of training to show how it's going too. Despite everything, I'm glad that the end is in sight, and that I have an Aggron to help me. (Last thoughts, after doing some calculations, I've found my Meditite may have 31 perfect IVs in Special Defense, which is mighty useful given who I paired him with).

Crusher
:volbeat:
Level 42

-Metal Claw
-Iron Defense
-Rock Tomb
-Iron Tail

Willo'Wisp
:aggron:
Level 14
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Swarm
Item: Exp. Share

-Tackle
-Confuse Ray
-Double Team
-Moonlight

Toothache
:oddish:
Level 23
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Rough Skin

-Crunch
-Focus Energy
-Scary Face
-Rage

Allium
:carvanha:
Level 26
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Chlorophyll

-Poisonpowder
-Stun Spore
-Sleep Powder
-Acid

Breeze
:meditite:
Level 25
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Silk Scarf

-Fly
-Sing
-Fury Attack
-Safeguard

Chill Dude
:swablu:
Level 27
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Pure Power
Item: King's Rock

-Confusion
-Detect
-Hidden Power (Steel)
-Mind Reader

Hours: 59:36

• "Hemlock" the female Zubat
Attempt 1:
Mosaic

Monsoon

Fern

Lucky

Decaf

Dawn

Satin

Neon

Attempt 2:
Polly

Resonance

Birdnado

Fortune

Skyknight

Tsuchinoko

You were a great Seviper Tsuchinoko, and I always thought of you as a mischievous and quirky partner for Puddles. Unfortunately, your time here was cut short by Kyogre. I'm sorry about what happened to you, but I'm not sorry about having you on my team. I will miss you.

Puddles

You were with us from the start, Puddles. You did a brilliant job with so many fights during this whole challenge, and you saw so many team members come and go. With your death, it feels like the end of an era. I will miss you horribly, and nothing will be the same without you, dude.

Steele

You pushed the team as hard as you could Steele. You wanted to be the very best you could, and I'm sorry you fell short and couldn't do much against Kyogre. You wanted the be a champion more than anything, so this new team will continue for you, and fight with the spirit you always had. Thank you for fighting for us.

Korma

Though you joined somewhat recently, you pushed yourself and became formidable in in your own right. I am proud of you Korma and how strong you became. I am sorry that it had to end this way for you, but I know Steele would have been proud of you.

Bunny

While you were new, I thought you had promise on our team, and potential to be great. I thought you would be able to always help Crusher, but now she's alone again. In your last moments, you help on from one of Kyogre's attacks with 1 HP, showing your will to keep going, and you sacrificed yourself for everyone else. It won't be forgotten anytime soon. Thank you, Bunny.