Wedlocke ❤︎🌊 Quoake's Pokémon Silver Wedlocke 🌊❤︎ [COMPLETE]

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Account Disabled
I agree with pidgeotto being strong. Ironic that you have a Mitank on your team since whitney’s killed two members

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Can I just say, ouch? 4 deaths in quick succession *sheds a tear*

As for Morty, I think you'll have to go with Caldera and Button and hope Caldera can Ember him into submission, as Sleepy will go down too quickly and Wrench I don't believe will hit hard enough with Bubble.

I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Part 07 - Back from the Dead

@Greninjaman: I agree with pidgeotto being strong. Ironic that you have a Mitank on your team since whitney’s killed two members
That's true. Hopefully I'll inherit some of Whitney's luck.

@AuburnEnigma:
Can I just say, ouch? 4 deaths in quick succession sheds a tear

As for Morty, I think you'll have to go with Caldera and Button and hope Caldera can Ember him into submission, as Sleepy will go down too quickly and Wrench I don't believe will hit hard enough with Bubble.

I've got my fingers crossed for you :)
Yeah, gosh. Four deaths like that is tough. Luckily I think I have a good team of Pokémon to fight Morty: I have a plan. Thanks for the wishes!

• Taught Dig to Button
  • Challenged Morty to a battle
    • I led with Button against Gastly and used Dig which was a OHKO
    • The same went for his Haunter
    • Used Dig on Haunter for over half of its HP and it missed with Hypnosis
    • Button used Dig again and knocked out Gengar
    • Used Dig to take out his final Haunter, defeating Morty

• Received the Fog Badge
  • Backtracked to Goldenrod City and Received “Prism” the male Eevee
I'm sorry for being absent for so long. Life has been a bit hectic lately so it's nice to return to this, even if it is a very short update. Better than radio silence I hope. My team is fine for the moment, but I honestly don't know if Hayfever can go the distance. Other than Hayfever, I'm not worried about any other members of my team. I hope that I can bring you another update very soon. Thank you for your patience.

Player: Sol
Money: 27823
Badges:

Caldera

Level 25
Item: Charcoal

Stats:
Atk: 40
Def: 45
Sp.A: 50
Sp.D: 42
Spe: 54
Moves:
  • Ember
  • Leer
  • Smokescreen
  • Rock Smash
Button

Level 26
Item: - -

Stats:
Atk: 55
Def: 48
Sp.A: 32
Sp.D: 38
Spe: 63
Moves:
  • Quick Attack
  • Defense Curl
  • Dig
  • Cut
Sleepy

Level 25
Item: Quick Claw

Stats:
Atk: 47
Def: 43
Sp.A: 32
Sp.D: 32
Spe: 18
Moves:
  • Surf
  • Curse
  • Confusion
  • Tackle
Hayfever

Level 25
Item: Miracle Seed

Stats:
Atk: 34
Def: 41
Sp.A: 33
Sp.D: 43
Spe: 49
Moves:
  • Tackle
  • Synthesis
  • Sleep Powder
  • Poisonpowder
Wrench

Level 25
Item: None

Stats:
Atk: 64
Def: 58
Sp.A: 25
Sp.D: 25
Spe: 38
Moves:
  • Stomp
  • Leer
  • Bubble
  • Harden
Mary Moo

Level 25

Stats:
Atk: 55
Def: 65
Sp.A: 36
Sp.D: 51
Spe: 62
Moves:
  • Headbutt
  • Milk Drink
  • Defense Curl
  • Stomp

• "Selena" the female Ekans
  • "Dijon" the male Weedle
  • "Calculus" female the Drowzee
  • "Truffle" the male Paras
  • "Pearwood" the female Hoothoot
  • "Eggspurt" the female Exeggcute
  • "Holly Day" the female Stantler
  • "Baroque" the male Shellder
  • "Steak" the male Machop
  • "Scratchie" the female Meowth
  • "N Chips" the female Magikarp
  • "Coraline" the female Corsola
  • "Sponge" the female Poliwag
  • "Oozy Suzy" the female Koffing
  • “Prism” the male Eevee

Crumble

Crumble, to me, you seemed to be an earnest Pokémon who wanted to do right by Cheddar. Even though you seemed quiet and thoughtful, I knew you worked as hard as you could for the benefit of the team. I'm just so sorry it had to end this way. I'll miss you so much Crumble.

Cheddar

Cheddar, you gave me the impression of being a true star on the team. I could see you getting stronger and stronger, and I imagined you being excited about your strength and wanting to be strong for Crumble and for Noir. Unfortunately, you didn't get to shine because of my carelessness. I'm going to miss you very much.

Noir

Noir, you were always an interesting Pokémon to me. I couldn't wait to see you get stronger and stronger and grow alongside Cheddar. I like to think maybe Cheddar was the first Pokémon to understand you. While you helped me bulldoze sprout tower, you didn't get to go all the way to the end. I hope that you can rest in peace yet again.

Parsley

Parsley, even though you made some mistakes, especially at the end, I know that you and Megabat cared deeply about each-other. I felt you were confused easily, so I hope you can rest peacefully without worry now. I'm sorry Parsley.

Megabat

Megabat, you used all of your strength to try and beat that Miltank. I'm just so sorry it wasn't enough to save you. I'm going to miss my sweet little bat. Rest in peace with Parsley.

Angel

Angel, you were a fantastically powerful Pokémon and a wonderful friend. You just couldn't take Croconaw on by yourself. I like to think you are still watching over the team members the way you did when you were still with us. We will miss you Angel.

Quiche

I'm sorry you never got to truly spread your wings and fly, but Quiche, you were always a valuable member of the team. Your Charm and Sweet Kiss made you an amazing team member and I'm going to miss you a lot. I hope you and Angel can rest easy together.

Last edited:

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Account Disabled
Welp, Morty was not a problem. Now you have two options here: Go west and do Jasmine and Chuck before going east or go East and do the stuff over there before going west.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Welp, Morty was not a problem. Now you have two options here: Go west and do Jasmine and Chuck before going east or go East and do the stuff over there before going west.
Or both in a sense - I took on Jasmine first, then went east and did Lake of Rage/Pryce before coming back to Chuck later (as you can still do the Amphy Medicine quest and just Surf back, plus I didn't have anything at the time to beat Chuck).

Jasmine is probably the easiest option to begin with, as both Caldera/Button and also Wrench can take her. Then it's just whether you go for Sleepy to beat Chuck, or Caldera/Button to go up against Pryce (I completely forgot about TMs and no abilities in this game hehe).

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
When I read about Button using Dig against Morty I was like "What is this sorcery?!" and then I remembered that abilities were only introduced in Gen 3 :P.

Wedlockes can be tough, especially when multiple Pokemon die in a short time span. Still, your current team looks very promising, so keep it up! I'll be looking forward to the next update :)

Reactions: SAF

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Part 08 - Sol's Return, Chuck's Challenge

@Greninjaman : Welp, Morty was not a problem. Now you have two options here: Go west and do Jasmine and Chuck before going east or go East and do the stuff over there before going west.
In hindsight, I could have done all of the Mahogany Town arc first and then fought Chuck, but I decided to get Chuck out of the way first.

@AuburnEnigma : I took on Jasmine first, then went east and did Lake of Rage/Pryce before coming back to Chuck later (as you can still do the Amphy Medicine quest and just Surf back, plus I didn't have anything at the time to beat Chuck).

Jasmine is probably the easiest option to begin with, as both Caldera/Button and also Wrench can take her. Then it's just whether you go for Sleepy to beat Chuck, or Caldera/Button to go up against Pryce (I completely forgot about TMs and no abilities in this game hehe).
I thought about it, and I decided I would just go with the level limits, rather arbitrarily I suppose... However, I'm expecting Pryce and Jasmine to be much easier to defeat than Chuck will be, so I thought it might be better to bite the bullet. Although that's a very good way of doing things, especially with limited resources in this game.

@Calaf : When I read about Button using Dig against Morty I was like "What is this sorcery?!" and then I remembered that abilities were only introduced in Gen 3 :P.

Wedlockes can be tough, especially when multiple Pokemon die in a short time span. Still, your current team looks very promising, so keep it up! I'll be looking forward to the next update :)
Thank you, I'm looking forward to how this team will continue to develop as time goes by. As a person who's first game was generation IV, I'm constantly learning new things about generation II - namely the difficulties of raising the Hoppip line.

• On Route 40, caught "Zoodles" the male Tentacruel
  • Trained in the lighthouse
  • Wrench evolved into Kingler
  • Arrived at Cianwood City
  • In Cianwood City, caught "Juicy" the male Shuckle
  • Obtained the Secretpotion
  • Returned to Olivine City and healed Amphy
  • Delayed Hayfever's evolution
  • Trained team to level 30
  • Taught Headbutt to Hayfever
  • Challenged Chuck to a battle
    • I led this fight with Hayfever against his Primeape and used Sleep Powder
    • Then, I set up Leech Seed, Primeape woke up, did a tiny bit of damage with Karate Chop, and was put back to sleep
    • With two Headbutts and some Leech Seed damage, Primeape was defeated
    • Against Poliwrath, my first Sleep Powder missed, and Hayfever got confused by Dynamicpunch
    • After putting it to sleep, Chuck used a Full Heal, but afterwards I was able to set everything up again
    • After a few turns, Hayfever had knocked out Poliwrath too, and Chuck was defeated

• Received the Storm Badge
  • On Route 42, caught "Jason" the male Mareep
I have been gone a long while, but I'm back and now got some nice balance in my life, and have enough time to keep playing more and updating you all on what I've been doing. As for this instalment, I did a lot of fighting and progressing to get to the point where I could fight Chuck. I realised that I had a decent strategy with Hayfever with Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. I was right, I'm so happy that Hayfever did such an incredible job. I have delayed her evolution in order to teach her Mega Drain earlier so she can have a STAB move finally. In the next part of the game, I will have to avoid over-levelling for the sake of my level-limit because I don't want to breach those rules.

Money: 31300
Badges:

Caldera

Level 30

Stats:
Atk: 49
Def: 54
Sp.A: 60
Sp.D: 51
Spe: 65
Moves:
  • Ember
  • Leer
  • Smokescreen
  • Rock Smash

Button

Level 30

Stats:
Atk: 63
Def: 56
Sp.A: 38
Sp.D: 44
Spe: 73
Moves:
  • Slam
  • Defense Curl
  • Dig
  • Cut

Sleepy

Level 30

Stats:
Atk: 56
Def: 51
Sp.A: 38
Sp.D: 38
Spe: 22
Moves:
  • Surf
  • Curse
  • Confusion
  • Tackle

Hayfever

Level 31

Stats:
Atk: 41
Def: 50
Sp.A: 40
Sp.D: 53
Spe: 61
Moves:
  • Headbutt
  • Synthesis
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed

Wrench

Level 30

Stats:
Atk: 92
Def: 85
Sp.A: 45
Sp.D: 45
Spe: 60
Moves:
  • Strength
  • Guillotine
  • Bubble
  • Harden

Mary Moo

Level 30

Stats:
Atk: 67
Def: 78
Sp.A: 43
Sp.D: 61
Spe: 74
Moves:
  • Headbutt
  • Milk Drink
  • Defense Curl
  • Stomp

• “Prism” the male Eevee
  • "Zoodles" the male Tentacruel
  • "Juicy" the male Shuckle
  • "Jason" the male Mareep

Crumble

Crumble, to me, you seemed to be an earnest Pokémon who wanted to do right by Cheddar. Even though you seemed quiet and thoughtful, I knew you worked as hard as you could for the benefit of the team. I'm just so sorry it had to end this way. I'll miss you so much Crumble.

Cheddar

Cheddar, you gave me the impression of being a true star on the team. I could see you getting stronger and stronger, and I imagined you being excited about your strength and wanting to be strong for Crumble and for Noir. Unfortunately, you didn't get to shine because of my carelessness. I'm going to miss you very much.

Noir

Noir, you were always an interesting Pokémon to me. I couldn't wait to see you get stronger and stronger and grow alongside Cheddar. I like to think maybe Cheddar was the first Pokémon to understand you. While you helped me bulldoze sprout tower, you didn't get to go all the way to the end. I hope that you can rest in peace yet again.

Parsley

Parsley, even though you made some mistakes, especially at the end, I know that you and Megabat cared deeply about each-other. I felt you were confused easily, so I hope you can rest peacefully without worry now. I'm sorry Parsley.

Megabat

Megabat, you used all of your strength to try and beat that Miltank. I'm just so sorry it wasn't enough to save you. I'm going to miss my sweet little bat. Rest in peace with Parsley.

Angel

Angel, you were a fantastically powerful Pokémon and a wonderful friend. You just couldn't take Croconaw on by yourself. I like to think you are still watching over the team members the way you did when you were still with us. We will miss you Angel.

Quiche

I'm sorry you never got to truly spread your wings and fly, but Quiche, you were always a valuable member of the team. Your Charm and Sweet Kiss made you an amazing team member and I'm going to miss you a lot. I hope you and Angel can rest easy together.

Last edited:

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Welcome back!

That was a very clean fight against Chuck for sure. Hayfever definitely put in some good work!

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Part 09 - Putting Pryce in his Place

@SkylarAlpha :
Welcome back! That was a very clean fight against Chuck for sure. Hayfever definitely put in some good work!
Thank you! Yes, I'm surprised it went so well! Hayfever has much higher defensive capabilities than I give her credit for. I hope that the rest of the challenge will be alright, especially after such a turbulent start.

• On Route 43, caught "Lisasil" the female Girafarig
  • Defeated the red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage
  • Infiltrated Team Rocket's secret hideout with Lance
  • Got complained at by Luna
  • Defeated Rocket Executive and the Electrode
  • Trained at the Mahogany Gym
  • Challenged Pryce to a battle
    • I led with Wrench against Seel and defeated it with Strength
    • I did the same with Dewgong, who got a couple of Aurora Beams to hit before being knocked out
    • I switched into Mary Moo against Piloswine, who was not able to do much damage before being knocked out, and Pryce was defeated

• Received the Glacier Badge
  • Battled some trainers near Lake of Rage
The battle against Pryce proved to be easy since I could just brute-force it with Wrench and Mary Moo, who have proved themselves to be an incredible powerhouse. I am also excited about getting closer to the level where I can evolve Hayfever finally. At this point, I'm not too worried about Jasmine, but I have been thinking about the fight with Silver in Goldenrod City during the radio tower episode (I think that still happens in this generation; I'm new to generation 2 so please bear with me).

Money: 50569
Badges:

Caldera

Level 31

Stats:
Atk: 50
Def: 56
Sp.A: 62
Sp.D: 53
Spe: 68
Moves:
  • Flame Wheel
  • Leer
  • Smokescreen
  • Rock Smash

Button

Level 31

Stats:
Atk: 65
Def: 58
Sp.A: 39
Sp.D: 45
Spe: 75
Moves:
  • Slam
  • Defense Curl
  • Dig
  • Cut

Sleepy

Level 32

Stats:
Atk: 60
Def: 55
Sp.A: 41
Sp.D: 41
Spe: 23
Moves:
  • Surf
  • Curse
  • Confusion
  • Tackle

Hayfever

Level 32

Stats:
Atk: 43
Def: 52
Sp.A: 42
Sp.D: 54
Spe: 63
Moves:
  • Headbutt
  • Synthesis
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed

Wrench

Level 32

Stats:
Atk: 98
Def: 91
Sp.A: 48
Sp.D: 48
Spe: 64
Moves:
  • Strength
  • Guillotine
  • Bubble
  • Harden

Mary Moo

Level 32

Stats:
Atk: 71
Def: 83
Sp.A: 46
Sp.D: 65
Spe: 79
Moves:
  • Headbutt
  • Milk Drink
  • Defense Curl
  • Stomp

• “Prism” the male Eevee
  • "Lisasil" the female Girafarig

Crumble

Cheddar

Noir

Parsley

Megabat

Angel

Quiche

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Part 10 - Jasmine and some Jerks

• Challenged Jasmine to a battle
    • Led with Caldera against Magnemite and beat it with Flame Wheel
    • Switched into Button against Steelix and used Dig
    • Got hit by an Iron Tail which lowered his defence, and switched into Caldera
    • Defeated Steelix with a critical hit Flame Wheel
    • Defeated Magnemite with one Flame Wheel, defeating Jasmine

• Received the Mineral Badge
  • Received a call from Elm about Team Rocket
  • Trained my Pokémon for a while
  • Taught Mega Drain to Hayfever and evolved her into Jumpluff
  • Caldera evolved into Typhlosion
  • Returned to Goldenrod City to take on the radio tower
  • Sleepy evolved into Slowbro
  • Defeated Rocket Executive
  • Entered the underground warehouse
  • Challenged Luna to a battle
    • I led the fight with Hayfever, unsure of his first Pokémon, and switched into Sleepy against his Golbat, getting hit by Confuse Ray
    • Sleepy flinched from Bite twice before getting a Confusion off on Golbat, almost getting a OHKO
    • Switched into Hayfever against Magnemite, using Sleep Powder and Leech Seed
    • Defeated Magnemite with some Mega Drains, switching into Sleepy against Haunter and using a Moomoo Milk to heal
    • Haunter used Curse, but Sleepy finished it off with Confusion
    • I switched into Hayfever against Sneasel and set up Sleep Powder and Leech Seed
    • Sneasel woke up to use Faint Attack, but Leech Seed healed back the damage, and Sneasel was slowly defeated
    • I stuck with Hayfever against Feraligatr, and set up my combination again
    • Then, Hayfever drained Feraligatr until it was knocked out, and Luna’s Pokémon all defeated

• Received the Card Key from the director
  • Gave the Amulet Coin to Wrench
  • Returned to the radio tower
  • Defeated Rocket Executives and disbanded Team Rocket
Not much to say here, except I'm so proud of how my team is growing and how well they are doing. I'm optimistic for the battle against Clair. Glad to have had some evolutions too: Hayfever is so awesome now, as are Sleepy and Caldera. Thankfully the battle against Luna wasn't too eventful, but I was worried about Sleepy for a moment there.

Money: 96672
Badges:

Caldera

Level 36

Stats:
Atk: 74
Def: 80
Sp.A: 94
Sp.D: 77
Spe: 94
Moves:
  • Flame Wheel
  • Leer
  • Smokescreen
  • Rock Smash
Button

Level 38

Stats:
Atk: 81
Def: 72
Sp.A: 49
Sp.D: 57
Spe: 93
Moves:
  • Slam
  • Rest
  • Dig
  • Cut
Sleepy

Level 37

Stats:
Atk: 78
Def: 98
Sp.A: 93
Sp.D: 78
Spe: 39
Moves:
  • Surf
  • Curse
  • Confusion
  • Headbutt
Hayfever

Level 37

Stats:
Atk: 58
Def: 76
Sp.A: 57
Sp.D: 79
Spe: 96
Moves:
  • Mega Drain
  • Synthesis
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed
Wrench

Level 38
Item: Amulet Coin

Stats:
Atk: 118
Def: 109
Sp.A: 58
Sp.D: 58
Spe: 78
Moves:
  • Strength
  • Guillotine
  • Bubble
  • Harden
Mary Moo

Level 38

Stats:
Atk: 85
Def: 100
Sp.A: 56
Spe: 95
Moves:
  • Headbutt
  • Milk Drink
  • Defense Curl
  • Rollout

• “Prism” the male Eevee

Crumble

Cheddar

Noir

Parsley

Megabat

Angel

Quiche

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Doesn't Feraligatr pack Ice Fang? That could've been really risky for Hayfever! Thank god that didn't happen

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Part 11 - Dragon Days

@SkylarAlpha : Doesn't Feraligatr pack Ice Fang? That could've been really risky for Hayfever! Thank god that didn't happen
Oh yeah, I thought about that, but then I had my intuition tell me "it's gen 2, it probably doesn't", although I wouldn't be surprised if it did in gen 4. Hayfever's ice weakness is something I do forget about sometimes,

• On Route 44, caught “Syrup” the male Lickitung
  • In Ice Path, caught “Potato” the female Swinub
  • Reached Blackthorn City
  • On Route 45, caught “Shrapnel” the female Skarmory
  • Trained on Route 45
  • Taught Flame Punch to Caldera
  • Challenged Clair to a battle
    • I led the fight with Hayfever, due to her high special defence and Sleep Powder/Leech Seed combo
    • Hayfever’s technique whittled down Dragonair’s health so that Sleepy could finish it off with a Headbutt
    • The second Dragonair fully paralysed Hayfever but she maintained her strategy and got to heal damage with Synthesis
    • The third Dragonair surprised me with Ice Beam, but it only brought her down to 1/3 of her health so I switched into Sleepy
    • I kept Sleepy out against Kingdra and confused it on the second Confusion
    • After a few more, Clair was defeated

• Clair refused to hand over the Rising Badge
  • Went to Dragon’s Den and found the Dragon Fang
  • Received the Rising Badge from Clair
  • In Dragon’s Den, caught “Mushu” the male Dratini
  • Returned to NewBark Town
  • Received the Master Ball from Professor Oak
  • Traded the Red Scale to Mr Pokémon for the Exp. Share
I’m glad that the battle of Clair went so smoothly. I was tacken by surprise with Ice Beam, thinking that if any of her Pokémon had it, it would be Kingdra. Hayfever showed she could withstand damage and execute her stall strategy well, so I’m proud of her. I’m also proud of Sleepy’s defense and ability to tank a Hyper Beam. Going forward, I realise I need to deposit a pair temporarily otherwise there is no way for me to climb the waterfall at Tohjo Falls, but that’s just HM moves I guess. Next time I’ll try to just get the whole long trip to the Pokémon League complete, which will probably take a little while! Sorry! I will post again as soon as I can!

Money: 97180
Badges:

Caldera

Level 40

Stats:
Atk: 83
Def: 89
Sp.A: 105
Sp.D: 86
Spe: 105
Moves:
  • Fire Punch
  • Leer
  • Smokescreen
  • Rock Smash
Button

Level 41

Stats:
Atk: 88
Def: 78
Sp.A: 53
Sp.D: 61
Spe: 102
Moves:
  • Slam
  • Rest
  • Dig
Sleepy

Level 40

Stats:
Atk: 85
Def: 107
Sp.A: 101
Sp.D: 85
Spe: 42
Moves:
  • Surf
  • Curse
  • Confusion
  • Headbutt
Hayfever

Level 40

Stats:
Atk: 63
Def: 83
Sp.D: 86
Spe: 103
Moves:
  • Mega Drain
  • Synthesis
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed
Wrench

Level 40

Stats:
Atk: 125
Def: 115
Sp.D: 62
Spe: 82
Moves:
  • Strength
  • Guillotine
  • Harden
Mary Moo

Level 40

Stats:
Atk: 91
Def: 106
Sp.A: 59
Sp.D: 83
Spe: 101
Moves:
  • Headbutt
  • Milk Drink
  • Defence Curl
  • Rollout

• “Prism” the male Eevee
  • "Syrup” the male Lickitung
  • "Potato” the female Swinub
  • “Shrapnel” the female Skarmory
  • “Mushu” the male Dratini

Crumble

Cheddar

Noir

Parsley

Megabat

Angel

Quiche

Last edited:

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Part 12 - Indigo-Bound

Hello everyone! Before I get started with this instalment, please take the time to do this quick survey to help me decide exactly what challenge I should do next. Please also leave me some comments on this thread to tell me how I can improve and make series like this more enjoyable for readers. Thank you so much for your time! ^-^

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfm4MK5Wx7pMUTSXd_adwZ7cAgl7kW5THAVNSL9WzMBYLQMEA/viewform?usp=sf_link

• Temporarily deposited Sleepy and Hayfever in order to progress
  • On Route 27, caught “Semaphore” the female Chinchou
  • On Route 26, caught “Jonas” the male Doduo
  • Entered Victory Road
  • In Victory Road, a flailing Donphan killed Button
  • Escaped from the encounter

• Returned to Johto to pair “Prism” the male Eevee with Caldera
  • Temporarily deposited them in the PC
  • Returned to Victory Road and challenged Luna to a Battle
    • I led this battle with Hayfever against his Sneasel, and used my stall strategy again to knock it out
    • I switched into Sleepy against Golbat and took only a small amount of damage from Bite
    • I switched into Hayfever against Magneton and set up my strategy again it and defeated it after a while
    • I switched into Sleepy against Haunter
    • Against Kadabra, I switched into Hayfever to use my strategy again and defeated it
    • I switched into Sleepy against Feraligatr and was hit by a Scary Face and was then hit by Kadabra’s future sight fora bit of damage
    • I used confusion and took a Slash, and then healed with a Lemonade
    • I took some more Slashes, but took Feraligatr out with two more Confusion attacks, and Luna was defeated

• Arrived on the Indigo Plateau
  • Went to Goldenrod City to run around and raise Prism’s happiness
  • Evolved Prism into Espeon
  • Trained in Victory Road until all my Pokémon were level 50
  • Taught numerous TMs to my Pokémon
I’m sad about the loss of Button in a wild battle that didn't even really matter. Button has been around for a long time, and his death is a dark foreboding moment right before the Pokémon league challenge. I have trained all my Pokémon already and think my team is perfectly prepared for the Elite Four. I plan to challenge Will and Karen with Mary Moo and Kingler, Koga with Caldera and Prism, and Bruno with Sleepy and Hayfever. For Lance, I'm thinking Sleepy and Hayfever may have a chance to beat him.

Money: 58373
Badges:

Caldera

Level 50

Stats:
Atk: 107
Def: 114
Sp.A: 134
Sp.D: 110
Spe: 135
Moves:
  • Fire Punch
  • Leer
  • Smokescreen
  • ThunderPunch
Prism

Level 50

Stats:
Atk: 91
Def: 89
Sp.A: 163
Sp.D: 128
Spe: 141
Moves:
  • Psychic
  • Psych Up
  • Sand-Attack
  • Psybeam
Sleepy

Level 50

Stats:
Atk: 108
Def: 136
Sp.A: 127
Sp.D: 107
Spe: 54
Moves:
  • Surf
  • Ice Punch
  • Confusion
  • Amnesia
Hayfever

Level 50

Stats:
Atk: 82
Def: 108
Sp.A: 78
Sp.D: 108
Spe: 131
Moves:
  • Mega Drain
  • Synthesis
  • Sleep Powder
  • Leech Seed
Wrench

Level 50

Stats:
Atk: 159
Def: 148
Sp.A: 79
Spe: 105
Moves:
  • Strength
  • Guillotine
  • Harden
  • Surf
Mary Moo

Level 50
Item: Bitter Berry

Stats:
Atk: 117
Def: 135
Sp.A: 77
Sp.D: 107
Spe: 130
Moves:
  • Body Slam
  • Milk Drink
  • Defence Curl
  • Shadow Ball

• "Syrup” the male Lickitung
  • "Potato” the female Swinub
  • “Shrapnel” the female Skarmory
  • “Mushu” the male Dratini
  • “Semaphore” the female Chinchou
  • “Jonas” the male Doduo

Crumble

Cheddar

Noir

Parsley

Megabat

Angel

Quiche

Button

Button, you were there from the start of the adventure, I'm sorry you had to fall so close to the end. You were there for Caldera since the beginning, and I know you'll be there for her to give her the strength she needs to get through the Pokémon league. You were as cute as a button.

Last edited:

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
Part 13 - The Ending Should Have Dragons

Hello everyone! Before I get started with this instalment, please take the time to do this quick survey to help me decide exactly what challenge I should do next. Please also leave me some comments on this thread to tell me how I can improve and make series like this more enjoyable for readers. Thank you so much for your time! ^-^

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfm4MK5Wx7pMUTSXd_adwZ7cAgl7kW5THAVNSL9WzMBYLQMEA/viewform?usp=sf_link

• I started with Mary Moo against Will’s Xatu and started with a Shadow Ball for a OHKO
  • I used Mary Moo’s Shadow Ball against Jynx too and knocked it out with a critical-hit
  • Mary Moo brought Exeggutor down to low health and it used Leech Seed
  • I knocked it out with a Body Slam and then took the opportunity to switch into Wrench against Slowbro and used Strength
  • Wrench took a powerful Psychic well and defeated Slowbro with another Strength
  • Mary Moo knocked out his last Xatu with one more Shadow Ball, and with that, Will was defeated

• I led with Prism against Koga’s Ariados and took it out with a Psybeam
  • I switched into Caldera against Forretress and used Fire Punch to get a OHKO
  • Against Muk, I switched back into Prism and took it out with one Psychic
  • Prism took out Venomoth with one Psybeam, and then did the same to Crobat, defeating Koga

• I led with Sleepy against Hitmontop
  • Hitmontop blocked my Confusion with a Detect, and then used Quick Attack the next turn
  • Confusion took it down to very low health, and Sleepy took a Pursuit before finishing it off
  • I stayed out against Hitmonchan, who did only a little damage with ThunderPunch, and Sleepy used Confusion to bring it to low health
  • Sleepy took another ThunderPunch and then took out Hitmonchan
  • Machamp came out and used Rock Slide, and Sleepy retaliated with Confusion again which did just over half Machamp’s health
  • The next turn, Bruno used a Max Potion and Sleepy brought it back to where it was
  • Another Rock Slide brought sleepy down to a quarter of his health, but he managed to take out Machamp with another Confusion
  • Against Onix, I switched into Hayfever, who used Sleep Powder and Leech Seed before Onix woke up and began a Sandstorm
  • Hayfever put Onix back to sleep and took it out with Mega Drain
  • Hayfever stayed out against Hitmonlee to use her strategy and got to use 2 Mega Drains to knock out Hitmonlee, defeating Bruno

• I started the fight with Wrench against Karen’s Umbreon and went for Surf, which did little damage
  • Wrench got hit by Sand-Attack and I then went for Strength, which knocked Umbreon out with a critical-hit
  • Against Vileplume, I switched into Mary Moo to use Body Slam, which brought it down to low health
  • It missed with Stun Spore, and I was able to knock it out
  • I stayed in against Gengar and used Shadow Ball, which knocked it out in one hit
  • I switched out to Wrench against Murkrow and used Strength to bring it down to low health and took a Faint Attack
  • I finished Murkrow off with a Surf and stayed in against Houndoom
  • I used Surf to bring it down to low health, and was hit by a powerful Crunch, which brought Wrench down to very low health
  • I healed with a Hyper Potion, using one of my two items per battle, and Karen healed her Houndoom with a Max Potion
  • I hit it with Surf and got hit with another powerful Crunch, but one more Surf managed to defeat it, defeating Karen in the process

• I led with Hayfever against Lance’s Gyarados, and began by missing with Sleep Powder and watching as Gyarados set up Rain Dance
  • I missed again and took a Surf for a little damage
  • Finally I got a Sleep Powder off and could set up Leech Seed
  • I used Mega drain for a bit of damage and Gyarados woke up and used Hyper Beam, which Hayfever managed to wall really well
  • I used Mega Drain while Gyarados recharged, and then went for Sleep Powder and put it back to sleep
  • One more Mega Drain and bit of Leech Seed damage and Gyarados was defeated
  • I stayed in against Dragonite to use Sleep Powder and Leech Seed, before switching into Sleepy, being afraid of electric moves and thinking Hayfever putting Dragonite to sleep was good risk management
  • Sleepy used Ice Punch, which knocked it out with a lot of damage
  • I switched back into Hayfever against another Dragonite to set up my strategy again, afraid any of them could have a powerful ice-type move
  • I was able to set up and switch into Sleepy, who got off an Ice Punch which knocked out the Dragonite
  • I repeated the process for Lance’s final, and strongest Dragonite, but missed Sleep Powder and took a powerful Fire Blast, which got a critical-hit and killed Hayfever
  • Sleepy’s Quick Claw triggered and allowed him to avenge the death of Hayfever with an Ice Punch
  • Aerodactyl came out and used Wing Attack for a little bit of damage, but Sleepy was able to knock it out with one Surf
  • Finally, out came Charizard, who also went for Wing Attack
  • Charizard could not withstand a Surf, and was knocked-out, which means Lance was now defeated, making Sol the new Pokémon League Champion
Crumble

Cheddar

Noir

Parsley

Megabat

Angel

Quiche

Button

Button, you were there from the start of the adventure, I'm sorry you had to fall so close to the end. You were there for Caldera since the beginning, and I know you'll be there for her to give her the strength she needs to get through the Pokémon league. You were as cute as a button.

Hayfever

Hayfever, when you first joined the team, I thought it was going to be super difficult to raise you, and it was for a little while, but after we worked together for so long and trained so hard, you begun to amaze me constantly. When you brought down Chuck so amazingly, or when you destroyed most of Lance's team, I was so incredibly proud of you. Sleepy will miss you forever, and so will I. Farewell my whimsical, mischievous little cotton ball.

Caldera

Caldera, you have been with me since the beginning, and you have always been a staple holding this team together. I think of you as an amazing leader, and as a Pokémon that has never let me down, if I had needed to use you in the final fight, I know you would have really shone too. You have earned your status in the hall of fame as one of my champions.

Prism

You may have joined at the end Prism, but I am already so impressed with your power. You are a strong Pokémon who was able to step in last minute and be there for Caldera and she mourned the loss of Button. You deserve to be a champion with the rest of the team because you were amazing when it counted. Thank you for all your help.

Wrench

Even I dared to question the love between a crab and a cow, but you showed amazing devotion to Mary Moo, and proved you strength with amazing attack power, defensive capabilities and... well... Strength! I'm very proud of everything you achieved and your bravery in tough situations. You fought for your right to love Mary Moo and you deserve to be a champion!

Mary Moo

I always knew you were tough Mary Moo, but the thought of you dribbling and Shooting Shadow balls in the courts of the Pokémon League shows that you're still full of surprises. I didn't ever really think about how Miltank, a Pokémon whose design I love, could become one of the powerhouses of the team. You brought your A-game every time, and now championship is yours.

Sleepy

Sleepy, you were more than just the dopey dude I thought you would be when you first joined the team. You proved to be thick-skinned and resilient, and showed you could dish out the damage when you needed to. It was stupid of me to not consider you taking down Lance when you joined us, because you surprised me with how brilliant you are. I know Hayfever is very proud of you and I know you will miss her. Somehow the two of you proved to be a match made in heaven, and I know how strongly you fought for eachother. You are a true champion.

Final Deaths: 9

That concludes an adventure that has been months in the making. I regret being so busy I couldn't upload or play as much as I want to, but having completed a challenge that has taken up so much time, I feel so satisfied and liberated. I wanted a challenge that could help me enjoy the charms of the generation two games while bing difficult enough to be interesting, and if there's something I learned early on, it's that only using two healing items in battle is harder than it seems. I can only imagine what a challenge with no healing items would look like? Am I up for that challenge? Who knows what the future will bring... These Pokémon are very dear to me now, and I'm glad they are joining a growing number of personal champions. Finally, I want to thank you, for reading this. I love playing challenges, and I also love reading other people's challenges and seeing what they did, and I hope I was able to bring some enjoyment to people. I want to do more challenges like these, so I encourage you to share with me your opinions on my series and how I can improve them. Until next time!

Last edited: