Reboots are weird.

Blues

Passing Through
Staff Emeritus
I'm a little late seeing as how I just discovered that these forums did the ol' switcheroo, but I guess that means I should introduce myself one last time.

I'm Blues (although most people here used to call me Johnny), and this place was once one of the biggest parts of my teenage life. I originally joined Marriland 12 years ago, and to be perfectly honest...I was a little ****. But I immediately fell in love with this website and the people on it, and I was constantly growing and trying to better myself. Somehow I found myself fortunate enough to become a Moderator and later an Admin, and being in those roles has helped teach me a lot of lessons about patience and responsibility that I still use to this day. It was a blast.

This community has supported me through the thick and thin - silly high school breakups, living out of hotels, losing my best friend to cancer (on that note I have to shout out former Moderator gunthetra- everyone ought to take a look at his archived profile because he was truly the best and his wit can brighten the worst days). I'm so happy to see it alive and kicking in the year 2019 and I really hope that this new generation can find the same growth here that I did. I may only pop in once in a great while, but I will never stop thinking the best things about all of you.

Oh and uh I really dig Spider-Man and tokusatsu.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Katey
blues i miss you all the time ♥♥♥ it is wonderful to see you here and it warms my heart so much when people talk about ways this place changed them for the better

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
HIIIIIIIIIIIi

seaturtle

Go Beyond! Plus Ultra!!
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Hey Blues! I don't think I was ever around you much, but I've definitely seen your name around the old forums a ton. Reading your post made me feel kinda warm and fuzzy inside heheh, these forums are a lot more than just a Pokemon site. I'm glad to see ya back and hope that you enjoy popping in every once in a while (:

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
*sees your location* Greetings, fellow Philadelphian! (Well, I don't live IN Philly, but roughly ~22 miles from the city.)

Anyway, I don't believe I remember you from the previous forum but it's good to see that you had been well established then! I hope that can carry on to this new site, as well. ^_^ It'll be nice catching you around!

~Kilza~

The Rising Sun
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hey Blues! Welcome back to Marriland! I do recognize you from when you popped into Azurilland like once a year, it's definitely nice that you still care enough about the site to keep checking in every so often. Hopefully life is going well for you, man!

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
League Champion
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hi, Blues! Nice to meet you. I don't believe we've ever interacted, but your name is familiar to me!

12 years is an incredible span of time. I've barely got half that from when I first joined Marriland. Do you have a particular favorite memory? How were things different back then?

Sheep

Regular Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
aw man yeah that is sweet, even if you were young and immature so long ago (we all were!) it definitely is nice hearing how the site changed you for the better, as others said. Belated welcome back. :>

Slix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Welcome back, Johnny! I remember talking with you here and there on the old site(s), so it's good to see you back here as well. Hope to talk with you more sometime! You were the guy who liked Poliwrath, right? :)

Blues

Passing Through
Staff Emeritus
Do you have a particular favorite memory? How were things different back then?
The various 'weddings' (Moono + O9, Mozeta + Crystal, more probably?) that popped up in General in 2007 were the cringiest things and I like to post them in my group chat with Mozeta and Moono and have a good laugh every couple of years. I also look back at many of my AIM + MSN chats with the community very fondly.

How were things different? There was only one Chatterbox for the longest time and it had about 7000 pages lmao. There was much more drama back in the day too - members imitating other members, cliques were pretty prevalent (shoutout to The Frat who used to give staff a hard time at certain points but they're all great people), and we even got raided by 4chan once or twice. I'm not exactly complaining about this - there was definitely a feeling of excitement when getting home from school and logging into the forums while not quite knowing what situation you were going to find yourself in on that day.

Welcome back, Johnny! I remember talking with you here and there on the old site(s), so it's good to see you back here as well. Hope to talk with you more sometime! You were the guy who liked Poliwrath, right? :)
That's me! Very impressed that you're still running those forums all these years later, huge props.

@ everyone else: hey thanks!

Last edited:

Slix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
That's me! Very impressed that you're still running those forums all these years later, huge props.

@ everyone else: hey thanks![/QUOTE]
Thanks! :D Glad to see the fellow Poli fan back here again. :D