Recording Nintendo Switch

Anthrix

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
A bit if a long shot, but once lockdown is over I'm considering starting up a YouTube channel. A consequence of doing band practice over the internet has given me access to decent home recording kit, so all I need is a way of recording the Switch and I'm set.

... But these all seem expensive the ones recommended all seem to be about £/$ 150. Didn't know if anyone had any recommendations?

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
I've been using an Elgato HD60 for a while, which is no longer for sale by the original vendor but iirc was pretty close to the $180/£150 mark. It's totally fine; the Switch doesn't do any insane 4K video output or anything so it might be worth seeing if you can get one for cheaper on ebay or amazon or something, although if you really care about doing this and want to future-proof some of the newer elgatos aren't that much more expensive. You do need a bit of a beefy PC to use it though, if it's sending data faster than your computer can encode you sometimes get what I like to call "elgato toast" or other issues.

I know two people who've used Avermedia for video capture, one of whom had issues (albeit with an older model) and one of whom has been completely fine with it. It has the potential advantage of letting you record onto an SD card, which would probably be handy if you want to record onto a less powerful computer (or if you want to use it to record your actual computer screen).