Refrigerator or pantry?

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Until today, I had no idea people put peanut butter in the refrigerator, or ketchup in the pantry. I always kept ketchup in the fridge and peanut butter in the pantry. That got me wondering, what other foods or condiments do people put in one, that you guys put in the other?

I keep maple syrup in the pantry. My mom refrigerates butter but keeps one stick out, then takes out another stick once that stick is gone.

Ruellia

I'm a flowerrr
I put all of those in the fridge bc it keeps them fresher longer! I only put nonperishables on my pantry (so like food products that contain no moisture). Also I can totally see why you'd leave a stick of butter out bc hard butter can be a real pain to spread...

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i feel like i just put everything exactly where you'd expect.

i used to keep syrup in the fridge but cold syrup is harder to squeeze out and it cools down your warm foods!! so i started just putting it in the pantry instead

i don't leave a stick of butter out of the fridge, would that not make it melt everywhere? <:3

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
I store things wherever the instructions tell me to. So that means that most syrups are in the fridge while peanut butter stays in the pantry. Butter also stays in the fridge unless I need it softened for baking.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Tomato sauce and peanut butter belong in the pantry.

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Aren't you guys fancy! We just have a fridge, a freezer, and cupboards.

Peanut butter goes in the cupboard. Ketchup would go in the fridge if we bought it.

I can think of a few things that aren't refrigerated in the shop go in the fridge at home. Tomatoes, eggs, and maybe some other fruit and veg.

Bread goes in the cupboard or the freezer. Putting it in the fridge messes up the taste.

Butter goes in the fridge. Yes, I know that means it's impossible to spread a small amount and you have to have great big pieces. No, I don't consider that a problem. In unrelated news, I'm thinking of cosplaying Snorlax.

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I just follow the instructions, but I put tomato sauce in the fridge.