XY Remembering Kalos! What was your team for X and Y?

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
hmmm i was sittin here tryna remember my first X team but then i remembered i have a picture of it.

the quagsire was shiny. :'3

Reactions: Zed

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
@~Kilza~

I agree with most of the stuff you said, I wish we got the better and more polished version of these games before we got ORAS. And Exp. Share is broken but everyone already knows that lol.
Cool teams, I prefer the second one tho. :)

@shhmew

Nice, it's cool that you still have a picture of the team. Shiny Quagsire is awesome! I love Quagsire, probably my favorite water type at the moment.

OceanMaster

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
IGN
Isiac
My first team was:
Greninja
Dragalge
Aggron
Venusaur-Mega
Noivern
Heliolisk

Quite a random team, but what can I say I was 13 years old lol. I remember the last battle perfectly. I led with my heliolisk which knew surf, he got wrecked. Then I noticed one thing, aggron and venusaur were extremely OP against Diantha lol.

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Nice team @OceanMaster!

Then I noticed one thing, aggron and venusaur were extremely OP against Diantha lol.
I can imagine, and not only against Diantha but during the entire game especially with all of the fairy types running around in Kalos. :)

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Ah damn this is one of the teams I don't think I have anymore. I had Chesnaught, Aegislash, Mega Blastoise, Zangoose... Oh Noivern I got near the end of the game and... Florges! Each of those elipses was me thinking for about 10 minutes. Man I want that team again now.

Petros

Pokémon Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Let's see if I can remember my Pokémon Y team...

The only one I ended up growing tired of was Greninja. Don't know why but I found it boring. I wanted Tyrantrum in my team as soon as I heard it existed and also wanted to give the new Fairy type a go, so I caught a Dedenne. I loved the move Horn Leech, so I thought Gogoat would be a nice addition. And I wanted to try mega evolutions so I went with Charizard and Scizor. It was a weird team but oveall, I liked it.

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I know my final team in my first playthrough of X had Chesnaught, Crobat, Haxorus, Lapras, Houndoom and Klefki. There were a few Pokemon I had used at different points but dropped later on like Linoone and Talonflame. I do remember most of the Gyms being easy, but going through the game in its 3D glory just felt cool considering it was the first time.

Of course I've played the game many times since and had many different teams, so there are plenty of memories I have with those playthroughs too.

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
IGN
Anne
I picked Y version because Yvetal had a cool as heck design and appealed more to me than Xerneas.

My final team was Greninja, Pikachu, Venusaur, Sylveon, Aegislash, and Dragalgea. I used a Pyroar and a Spritzee up until the 5th Gym. I swapped them both out because Pyroar wasn't doing enough for me and I found out I would need to trade to evolve Spritzee, but had no one to trade with. Greninja was my MVP for a lot of the game and now it's one of my favorite Pokemon.

My fondest memory was that the first Pikachu I caught in the forest was holding a Light Ball, and since Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon, I was very happy. I decided to not evolve my Pikachu and was able to take them to the end game.

I really enjoyed playing Y and Gen 6 is my third favorite gen. The Kalos region looks amazing and I loved the transition to full 3D. Team Flare might not be one of my favorite bad guy teams, but I do still like Lysandre himself as a character. While XY did have unexplored potential, I still find them fun games. The AZ stuff was good and while the post game is very lackluster, I really enjoyed the Looker and Emma storyline.