XY Remembering Kalos! What was your team for X and Y?

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
hmmm i was sittin here tryna remember my first X team but then i remembered i have a picture of it.

the quagsire was shiny. :'3

Reactions: Zed

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
@~Kilza~

I agree with most of the stuff you said, I wish we got the better and more polished version of these games before we got ORAS. And Exp. Share is broken but everyone already knows that lol.
Cool teams, I prefer the second one tho. :)

@shhmew

Nice, it's cool that you still have a picture of the team. Shiny Quagsire is awesome! I love Quagsire, probably my favorite water type at the moment.

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
IGN
Isiac
My first team was:
Greninja
Dragalge
Aggron
Venusaur-Mega
Noivern
Heliolisk

Quite a random team, but what can I say I was 13 years old lol. I remember the last battle perfectly. I led with my heliolisk which knew surf, he got wrecked. Then I noticed one thing, aggron and venusaur were extremely OP against Diantha lol.

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Nice team @OceanMaster!

Then I noticed one thing, aggron and venusaur were extremely OP against Diantha lol.
I can imagine, and not only against Diantha but during the entire game especially with all of the fairy types running around in Kalos. :)

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Ah damn this is one of the teams I don't think I have anymore. I had Chesnaught, Aegislash, Mega Blastoise, Zangoose... Oh Noivern I got near the end of the game and... Florges! Each of those elipses was me thinking for about 10 minutes. Man I want that team again now.

Petros

Pokémon Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Let's see if I can remember my Pokémon Y team...

The only one I ended up growing tired of was Greninja. Don't know why but I found it boring. I wanted Tyrantrum in my team as soon as I heard it existed and also wanted to give the new Fairy type a go, so I caught a Dedenne. I loved the move Horn Leech, so I thought Gogoat would be a nice addition. And I wanted to try mega evolutions so I went with Charizard and Scizor. It was a weird team but oveall, I liked it.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I know my final team in my first playthrough of X had Chesnaught, Crobat, Haxorus, Lapras, Houndoom and Klefki. There were a few Pokemon I had used at different points but dropped later on like Linoone and Talonflame. I do remember most of the Gyms being easy, but going through the game in its 3D glory just felt cool considering it was the first time.

Of course I've played the game many times since and had many different teams, so there are plenty of memories I have with those playthroughs too.

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
I picked Y version because Yvetal had a cool as heck design and appealed more to me than Xerneas.

My final team was Greninja, Pikachu, Venusaur, Sylveon, Aegislash, and Dragalgea. I used a Pyroar and a Spritzee up until the 5th Gym. I swapped them both out because Pyroar wasn't doing enough for me and I found out I would need to trade to evolve Spritzee, but had no one to trade with. Greninja was my MVP for a lot of the game and now it's one of my favorite Pokemon.

My fondest memory was that the first Pikachu I caught in the forest was holding a Light Ball, and since Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon, I was very happy. I decided to not evolve my Pikachu and was able to take them to the end game.

I really enjoyed playing Y and Gen 6 is my third favorite gen. The Kalos region looks amazing and I loved the transition to full 3D. Team Flare might not be one of my favorite bad guy teams, but I do still like Lysandre himself as a character. While XY did have unexplored potential, I still find them fun games. The AZ stuff was good and while the post game is very lackluster, I really enjoyed the Looker and Emma storyline.

chidzz

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
AEST (GMT+10)
X and Y were by far the easiest main series game, which kinda took away from the enjoyment (maybe my fault for leaving exp. share on). They got really tired after half of the playthrough. Nevertheless, I still played through it at least once for each version, just because the Pokemon were so cool!

X: Delphox, Aromatiss, Furfrou, Aurorus, Mawile, Hawlucha

Y (rotation): Heliolisk, Gourgeist, Toxicroak, Staraptor, Pyroar, Poliwrath, Florges

Mawile was an absolute beast in X, surprisingly. I've used one in Ruby previously and enjoyed it, but came in especially clutch in these games due to the added fairy typing, more impressive movepool and mega evolution.

I ditched my starter (Chespin) in Y because I got bored of using it and Ifound Gourgeist a much more interesting grass type to use. I mainly switched out between Toxicroak, Pyroar and Florges depending on whatever I needed for the gyms but iirc I left out Florges for the league battle. Staraptor was my favourite to use here cause of Sinnoh nostalgia.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Gosh, it's been so long, but I can't remember my whole team now. I remember starting with Fennekin, so I used Delphox because I wouldn't have stopped using my starter. I remember choosing Charmander too when Professor Sycamore gave me the choice of the Kanto starters. I also remember catching a Carbink, and I'd wanted to nickname it something specific (I forget what now) but ended up accidentally saving it as Cae, and that stuck with me. I think I used Aurorus too because I thought it was real pretty. I can't remember what the other two were now though.

Quoake

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ollie
Time Zone
ACST
What version did you get (X or Y) and why?
I got X version, and I'm not quite sure why. I think it was purely because I liked the look of Xerneas so much as a legendary Pokémon, even if that is a basic reason

What Pokemon were on your team? What Pokemon was your MVP?
I remember I used these Pokémon but some of them were on-and-off on my team for a while:
-Greninja (total MVP)
-Blaziken
-Vivillon
-Venusaur
-Slurpuff
-Hawlucha
-Trevenant
-Xerneas

Any interesting or special memories you have from your first journey through Kalos?
I remember entering Laverre City and thinking it was the coolest-looking place ever. It was such a beautiful city with its awesome gym and giant mushrooms, I just felt really good at that point in the game. I also remember being super impressed with the Pokémon League in Kalos, even if I was let down a bit with the champion. Another interesting thing was learning about chain fishing and catching shiny water type Pokémon. It was also the first game where I completed the national dex, which I was super proud of, and I made a living Pokédex.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Kalos is a pretty cool region imo. It's very beautiful and it is a shame that we didn't get the Z version. I have both X and Y, but I like Y better because I frickin' love Yveltal. I started playing X first though, and from what I remember, the only Pokemon that I remember that I had on my team were Greninja, Charizard, Sylveon and others that I don't remember. I replayed Y a while ago and this was my team.

• Anser the Delphox
  • Zuko the Charizard
  • Diego the Tyrantrum
  • Purple Rain the Dragalge
  • Crimson King the Yveltal
  • Echoes the Noivern
I really like X and Y, mostly for it's replaybility, huge selection of Pokemon, the region and character customization. It's a shame that they are way too easy and Game Freak didn't care about it to give us a 3rd version or even a sequel.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
I played through X. Kalos has a lot of potential as a region, but I had a number of gripes with it. The ones that come to mind immediately are the easiness, Team Flare, bland characters overall, and lack of postgame. Anyway, here’s my team:

Delphox
Florges
Aegislash
Hawlucha
Heliolisk
Clawitzer

I remember all of my team being solid, but Aegislash definitely wrecked a ton of stuff once it evolved. Florges was also great. I didn’t get very attached to the rest of the team though, which is probably another reason why I just feel kinda eh about the games.

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
IGN
Isiac
I purchased Y when it came out and my first team consisted of:

Greninja
Noivern
Aegislash the Ace
Florges (Blue variant)
Heliolisk
Rotom-W

I remember enjoying this game because of the story even though most people give it a hard time which is reasonable for multiple reasons. But I think it was handled well. Funny thing about this team is that I remember spending at least an hour looking for a helioptile with a good nature to use since I didn’t want to breed the long way without an oval stone. I traded away two of the random ones for a level one rotom and noibat which stayed on my team the entirety of the game. I think the biggest highlight of this first playthrough I had was randomly encountering a shiny shelmet whenever I was raising florges. I liked the exp share but it made the game ridiculously easy.

As for my second play through though I used a monotype poison team without exp share on and I super trained each one of them

Toxicroak
Crobat
Dragalge (is that right)
Drapion Ace (EQ, Ice Fang, Night Slash, Cross Poison) E4 was nothing but water guy was tough
Vileplume
Mega Venusaur

This was a lot harder for me to do and not to mention my double grass/poison. I just couldn’t resist I had to use a mega my second time. I think my best memory for this one is that when I fought the psychic gym drapion died against the leader so I was at a disadvantage and I managed to kill them off with toxicroak even though it was 4x weak. Sucker punch is amazing.

And my third and final play through which I still have saved on my file is my favorite one

Gorebyss
Delphox
Aerodactyl
Rotom-W again
Klefki Ace
Garchomp

Not much to say about this one. First team I raised every one up to 100 on as well as first time completing national dex with all events. First time shiny hunting caught 8 in one day. 55 win streak on battle tree before I wanted to stop. This one has so much on it I love it. Memories are all over

thexuberant1

Beginner Trainer
My team in X:
Delphox
Gallade
Vespiquen
Aurorus
Golurk
Blastoise

My team in Y:
Chesnaught
Talonflame
Florges
Goodra
Meowstic Male
Lapras

Gallade was my MVP in X. In Y, Chesnaught was very helpful, especially against the Elite Four.

I played through X first cuz I liked Xerneas a lot for its elegance. I love these games! The trainer customization feature was fun and I enjoyed exploring the Kalos region a lot. Moreover, I loved using Mega Evolution in battle and the graphics are beautiful. I also liked story, Lysandre and AZ were interesting characters. The only things I didn’t like were Team Flare, the boring rivals, and the short post-game. My fondest memory was going to Laverre City and being amazed by how enchanting the city was. I also enjoyed visiting the museum and seeing the Prism Tower in Lumiose City. I really want these games to get a remake and I hope we can explore Kalos again in an upcoming Pokemon game.

chomosuke

most epic gamer since ever
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
On my first playthrough of X my team was:
Greninja

Talonflame

Heliolisk

Aegislash

Sylveon

and Goodra

Aegislash was definitely my MVP, because it was cool watching it be die Diantha's Gardevoir.
I chose X because I always choose the "blue" version, and I generally like Xerneas better than Yveltal. For me, in general, I like X&Y a lot!