Discussion Remembrance [Past Roleplays]

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Cult Classic
Azurilland is gone, and with it, many different roleplays that got off the ground and became memorable and some that didn't. In these new forums, we have different roleplayers that have other experiences outside of the Marriland/Azurilland forums, so feel free to talk about those, too.

What roleplays do you remember? Which ones marked you as a roleplayer? Why? Was there something unique about them? You can talk about them, whether they were roleplays you participanted on or simply read about.

Thundawave

☆ POP/STAR ☆
Administrator
Camp Leader
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
The RPs are probably the threads I’m saltiest about losing to the Curse void lol. But anyway, I have a few I enjoyed being part of over the years. Almost all of them simply died, but I still fondly remember most of the journeys. Not including any before Secret Police because none of them were memorable enough to ramble on about.

Secret Police (Cami and Tracie):
Character: Annalise Stevens, a Chandelure gijinka
This was probably the first RP I got truly invested in, likely because I finally started trying to make connections with the people who were really active in the RP community. I was in a few others before, but I didn’t become close with any of those people. But anyway, this one was mainly about a secretive gijinka police force in the Pokémon world that was about to get attacked from within.

Upside Down (Mari/Calliope):
Character: Elysia Denzi, an Enigma member from Skina, the lightning kingdom
Another two-faction RP, but it went more down the fantasy element/superpower route. Basically a government-hating faction named Enigma assassinated all the rulers at a meeting, a war happened, and even deities got involved. They took the sides of each faction and told them to go on quests for sacred items for victory. I was also lowkey trying to see if I’d be able to get into a Mari RP in the first place, considering how picky she gets with forms and how gigantic her rule posts are. What started as a social experiment actually helped me get closer with that group though. I’m bad lol.

Aura Warriors (Mari/Calliope):
Character: Cassandra Arno, a Zodiac scientist
Another gijinka RP, but this time gijinkas are abominations created by scientists. My character was meh. I remember one of the other RPers in the scientist side trying to almost take over that faction hmmmm.

Heroes of Reliai (psyblade18):
Character: Rialta, the Water Hero
This plot was cool, but the actual RP never went past the first meetings. Three factions is tricky to handle. It’s about chosen heroes trying to save the world from the Shadow Lord and his agents, which sounds much cooler in the actual description than I made it out to be.

Soulmates (Jaye/Karolina):
Character (original): Kai Amadeo, representing Creation
Characters (reboot): Hayden McKay, representing Fire; Reia Averest, representing Future/Technology
I got more invested in this than I’d like to admit because I’m a poor lonely soul. Soulmates are perfect pairs with complementary powers, but they rarely meet because Death killed his wife Life. But Life used her post-death energy to appear in a dream and make a bunch of pairs meet each other and go on quests to topple Death. We had a bunch of fun ideas with where this should go, but unfortunately the introduction phases were crippling to the pacing. It’s also the first time I tryharded with images and dividers.

A Chance at Redemption (Mari/Calliope):
Characters: Eva Hadley, representing fire; Pierre Fontaine, representing air
More tryhard me tbh. An element RP that starts off as basically a school RP, except we didn't really get past accepting the quest rip. We did make a relationship web though.

Clarion (moi):
Character: Eliora Grant, a warrior of the Ninth Brigade
The only RP I created that had any worth. The plot could be labeled Final Fantasy, and no one would bat an eye because that was definitely an inspiration. A short summary would simply be “crystals and crystals dying.” In creating this RP, I attempted to improve on the common reasons for failures of the past: too many characters, too many factions, and introductions, to name a few off the top of my head. Of course, I wasn’t perfect, and I made the story too tightly directed. But I’m still proud of the progress we made, which was farther than any recent RP at the time. I attempted to use Discord to make more organic interactions, but it became much more painful to convert those logs into posts. After the move to Marriland, I tried to do a hard transfer to Discord, but the entire RP unfortunately became a low priority since Autumnfire was also rolling.

Ephemeral Summers (Jaye/Karolina):
Character: Tiffany Lee, guitarist
A realistic RP about a newly formed band. There was a lot of hype surrounding character creation and the form-accepting phase. I was proud of the way I wrote up my character’s form. However, with real life issues hitting Jaye, we didn’t even get past the first plot point. I also quickly realized how poorly I could act like my character because I made her too different from me.

The Springtime of Autumnfire (Jialin/Jiaozi):
Character: Ari Holloway, a mage who can manipulate shadows
Holy crap did we make PROGRESS, and we even stopped off at a decent point. Autumnfire introduced a “DnD lite” style that added variance and unpredictability in the outcomes. It was also the first RP to really push me, as I was the weakest Discord RPer in the bunch. There were many times that I felt useless and underwhelming because I struggled with the medium and with the social interaction with NPCs (and Jialin punishes our mistakes hard). Thinking things on the spot is hard lol. I probably didn’t get as much out of this as the others, but I still appreciate being along for the wild ride.

Last edited:

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Cult Classic
I agree with you, Regine. The roleplays were sad to lose for sure.

As for me, I remember the first one I was ever on. I talked about it on some past AMA, I think, but since that's gone, I'll just describe the gist.

Pokémon Shifters school
A roleplay on Wattpad. Basically you were a gijinka with the power to transform into the Pokémon form of your gijinka, and you went to different classes. But there was no central plot or really a GM, so roleplayers pretty much created their own story.

It was my first written roleplay. I played a Dragonair gijinka (she's part of the reason why I like Dragonairs so much). Sky. At first I didn't know much about her. The roleplay on Wattpad didn't require a backstory, so I didn't think about it. As I continued roleplaying, my character grew and I grew along with her, making my first real friends online.

Total Pokémon Island
On Azurilland, I remember having read some TPI roleplays, and I even joined one, though it didn't go very far. It was fun but there wasn't really a fair way of deciding how events went. I wish we'd used a dice to decide those outcomes.

All right, I'll name three that I joined (Pokémon Shifters was my own creation). Maybe later I'll name more, but these three for now.

1. Cornered on the Market.
I liked the mechanics on this one, in which we played two rival markets on a festival day. I played Rose, a Ditto who was not very good at transforming. The roleplay didn't go too far, but I liked how dynamic it was and how the NPCs were played by the GM, and also the reward system.

2. Pokémon Shifters
I'll admit the plot wasn't thought out through, I only had vague ideas of what I wanted to do. But I loved the roleplayers that joined and the dynamic. It was basically a man who experimented on people to be able to turn into a Pokémon and have a Pokémon brain/soul living within their body too. But there was also advances technology in the outside world, so I played with that, too.

3. Ephemeral Summers
I agree with you, Regine, that there was a lot of hype involved. A few people wanted to join, so it was a challenge for who would get picked. I was undecided if I really could. Many times I write basic forms and sort of develop my character as I go, but Jaye wanted us to flesh out our characters more. So I created a character that was outrightly based on me but had some differences on purpose. It was a sort of "what if" scenario, and I was happy I was chosen as one of the roleplayers. I was also happy about the relationships part. They all seemed to have cool dynamics even if not all the characters really got along but there was potential. :3

Calliope

Inactive
AKA
Mari
This thread brought back so much nostalgia. On Azurilland, I was pretty much only active on the roleplaying boards on Azurilland, and it’s definitely sad losing all those threads. Over four years, I grew so much - from godmodding all the time and making super OP characters to creating dynamic characters and complex storylines - and met some of my closest Internet friends. Even though I’m not active on Marriland much, I’m definitely grateful for all the RPs I’ve been a part of with this community. Here are some of the most memorable (sorry if I’m forgetting a few, I’ve been in a lot!):

The Resistance
Creator: SlipperyBuizel
Characters: Not very memorable

This was one of my earliest RPs. It was a gijinka one, and being perfectly honest, I don’t remember much about the plot. I think it was something about escaping from scientists? Either way, I was eleven years old, a pretty bad RPer, and overall pretty annoying to deal with back then. While I’m not sure I can say I grew as an RPer through TR, it was the first time I really felt like a part of the Azuri (then, still Marriland) community. Regardless of my pre-teen arrogance and whininess, everyone made me feel so welcome, and I formed some friendships that last to even today.

Heroes of Reliai
Creator: psyblade18
Characters (original and v2): Not very memorable
Characters (v3): Kaska Yukiko (Ice Leader), Ari Jiyu (Psychic Hero), Eona Brezia (Wind Shadow Agent)

Of the early RPs I did, this was one of the ones that stuck with me most. It was about some heroes fighting against the Shadow Lord for control over Reliai. The ideas behind it were pretty simple: fantasy setting with different kingdoms, good vs. evil factions, but there were so many plot ideas involved, and I think that is what made this RP so fascinating to me. Also, I really got to see what “good” RPing looked like. Even though TR had some amazing RPers too, I had pretty much ignored them and done my own thing; in HoR (at least the original), I was stunned by how detailed some RPers (Psy, Nexus, etc.) made their posts, and it inspired me to improve too.

Guardians of Lakiera
Creator: Lance and me
Characters: Not very memorable (minus Ari (Meloetta Guardian))

I was still a pretty terrible RPer, but GoL set everything in motion for my later RPs. It was about Guardians bonded with Legendaries gathering at a school to learn how to fulfill their duties, and I don’t think Andrew and I really knew where we wanted the plot to go. This was the first time I used the name, Ari, for one of my characters (and I later reused both the name and the character A LOT). Also, the idea of characters being bonded to Legendaries as Guardians definitely came up quite a bit in some of my future RPs…

Elemental Inheritance
Creator: Inferno_Cyndaquil
Characters: Lio Muofa (Prince of Esperia), Secret Wilder (Princess of Dragnair), Dream Lees (Citizen of Hauntshire)

Looking back, I was really bad at coming up with names for my characters. This RP was about people emerging with special powers but then mysteriously disappearing. At the time, I didn’t think that it would be super memorable, but after it died, I missed it a lot. This was probably one of the first RPs where I planned out my characters’ actions and backstories with other RPers before/during the RP, which allowed me to get closer with the other RPers and became something I did much more often later on.

In My Hands
Creator: me
Characters (original and IMH2): Alex Mayer (Latias Communicator), Luke Mayer (Latios Communicator), Ivy Liu (Shaymin Communicator), Virginia Eyre (Keldeo Communicator), Ari Rei (Meloetta Communicator), Hazel (Team Eternity Leader), Ashburn (Team Eternity Leader)
Characters (IMH2): Akarui Sakura (Team Eternity Executive), Alita Rei (Team Eternity Grunt)
Characters (IMH3): Arwyl Elodin (Ho-Oh Communicator), Mira Alkaid (Lugia Communicator), Fynn Alkaid (Celebi Communicator), Sky Tiad (Latias Communicator), Angelica Yutaya (Rayquaza Communicator), Julia Ekko (Azelf Communicator), Ela Atreides-Blight (Kyurem Communicator), Sakuya Alkaid (Meloetta Communicator)

Like GoL, the IMH RPs were about teenagers (called Communicators) bonded with Legendaries, but they had to defeat the evil Team Eternity and bring the Legendaries back to life (the plot shifted a bit in the later versions, but that was the basic premise). In hindsight, there are a lot of things I don’t like about what I did with the IMH RPs. I was pretty extra, making a whole set of offset forums and having people write samples to participate. I also made the RPs seem really exclusive, figuring out plot points with a pretty small group of people and giving off a vibe that prevented some people from joining. Most importantly, I had SO MANY CHARACTERS (and I honestly don't even remember half of them?), which I think ultimately killed every one of the IMH RPs. It took hours to write each post, and as I got older and had less time, IMH became more of something I HAD to do, rather than something I WANTED to do. However, IMH also helped me get extremely close to the other RPers (Nexus, Ellie, Lizzie, Giron, Zera, Noah, Psy, Nic, Jaye, just to name a few). Also, over the span of the ~2 years that I ran the IMH RPs, I improved so much, in terms of running an RP (although I’ll admit I was horrible about posting and keeping the plot moving) and RPing myself. My IMH forms were maybe a couple of paragraphs at most, but by IMH3, I was color coding, using pictures and dividers, and inserting song lyrics into my forms. Even though I would definitely do things differently if I were to ever reboot the IMH RPs, they were such a fantastic learning experience.

Corrupted
Creator: Karolina and me
Character: Destiny Avant (Kingsmen Leader)

I think this was the first time I had more than one paragraph for my character’s personality lol. The RP was pretty different from everything I had done before; it was about an elite spy group helping a rebel faction in a dystopia. I remember spending hours and hours with Jaye on this RP, and we were so disappointed when nobody really seemed interested. We definitely went a little overboard with a whole judging system for characters to be accepted, but the idea was pretty unique, and I had never spent so much time on either an RP’s backstory or my character’s personality/backstory.

Aura Warriors
Characters (original series): Rowan (Aura Warriors leader), Aleks (Team Shadow leader), Alita (scientist), and some other less memorable ones
Characters (reboot): Lore Serif (Aura Warriors leader), Epsilon Xerxes (Gijinka leader), Natalya Faolyn (Scorpio Scientist)

This was one of the first RPs I made on Marriland, back when I thought writing two sentences, making my own region, and creating some Mary-Sue characters was enough to run an RP (literally, the original version had no plot except Aura Warriors vs. Team Shadow). Miraculously enough, it worked pretty well, and we actually managed to finish the original AW in like two weeks (granted, we were mostly elementary and middle schoolers on summer break). I don’t remember a ton about the original AW series six years later (other than me having a bunch of ships?) and I’ve lost contact with most of the people from then, but to those who participated (Sack, Deku, Tracie, Liam, Ashley, Blaze, Beta, Noah, Raven), thanks for all the fun! The reboot was certainly an improvement (with a little more of an actual plotline?), but I have no idea what I was going for when I made it a gijinka RP? In general, I think I didn’t have a good idea of what I wanted to do in this RP, especially after we got past the initial bit, but it was definitely interesting to revisit my old ideas… and yes, I remember that one scientist who tried to take over the whole faction.

Soulmates
Creator: Karolina
Characters (original): Melody Dillis (Emotion / Knowledge), Jade Aurea-Winston (Dreams (Hope) / Nightmares (Despair)), Alita Kaneko (Lightning / Water), Chase Herrenia (Order / Chaos), Qi An (Luck / Riches)
Characters (reboot): Kaien Viniscus (Past (Magic) / Future (Technology), Joy East (Dragon / Knight), Ariiantha Chesshyre (Fate / Defiance)

I loved this story and these characters soooooo much (I have no idea how I wrote like a solid six paragraphs for each character’s personality in the reboot?), but between the craziness of starting high school and me having way too many characters, I just wasn’t as active as I wanted to be. I think this was the one RP I was in where we actually had everything planned out, and it was so cool that everyone was involved in figuring out the plot, rather than just the RP creator. Even now, I remember a lot of things we were going to do and wish that we had a chance to RP them out :( Also, I really enjoyed shipping the characters, even though some of the ships were interesting (Reia x Knife?)…

A Chance at Redemption
Characters: Faith Li (Air), Sereia Airaldi (Water)

I had such high hopes for this RP (especially because I was so tryhard omg), but it never really got moving because high school started for me. Basically, a group of teenagers were chosen by gods from different pantheons to save the world and bring back magic, but we didn't even get past introductions in the high school courtyard. I was super excited for this RP because the characters already knew each other and had formed relationships that we were going to completely tear apart (throwback to that relationship web, it was beautiful). Still, I look back and I'm a little disappointed with my characters (Faith was basically just everything I wanted to be in high school, and Sereia was my attempt at a tragic backstory), but not staying active enough to continue this RP is definitely one of my biggest Azurilland regrets. I'll never forget the late-night summer calls with this gang though!

Nictherat

New Trainer
What's this? A nostalgia trip for the people that aren't actually active like..ever? Well, don't mind if I do

In no particular order, the most memorable RPs I've been a part of. Off the top of my head. Going back to check the actual RPs would be cheating.

The Specimen - By SlipperyBuizel

The Specimen, it's sequel, Specimen 2, it's sequel, Specimen 3 and The Resistance, were certainly something. Everyone knows about the Resistance, because if I remember rightly, it was one of the biggest RPs that ever happened. Specimen 2 however, was when we created the Skype chats that bought a lot of us together. It's also where I went without internet for 5 and a bit days, and came back to 283 new pages of content to read back over. Good times.

The series was also the staging ground for a solid percentage of my characters. Sylvia Kirrel Tempeste, the Celebi gijinka, whilst obviously not being written as much now, is still one of the first few characters I think of when I ask myself the question 'What characters have I made over the years?"

A Chance at Redemption - By Eona. Or Calliope, or one of the many names Mari has had over the years

ACaR that never started. One of the later RPs I was a part of, that never really got off the ground. It was gonna be a grand globetrotting adventure for a bunch of kids. In reality it was hours of making that goddamn relationship map. I swear, our planning game was on point. We set out who was dating who, who hated this person, who this other person was secretly crushing on at first sight. Also, I think it's the longest personality section I've ever done, due to Mari's insistence that she would accept nothing less than a certain number of paragraphs in certain sections. Really, if ACaR had gone on, I think it would have been quite a solid achievement for a lot of us

Soulmates - By Jaye

Soulmates is something interesting. I think a lot of us got really hyped up about our characters and their future journeys, but because of a variety of reasons, version 1 kinda just stalled. A few of us even tried taking over a few characters for people who left and then that stalled even harder. We however, being the iron willed determinists we are, tried again. We got further, we had grand plans...and then we stalled again. After that, I lost count of the versions. I was part of one other attempt, but that one never got off the ground.

Either way, Serena (Venom/Poison), Finn (Mercy) and Morgan (Fear, Reality and Sea) are pretty memorable to me, each for different reasons, and totally not because of the more than 8000 words total of unrelated writing I wrote about them and their Soulmates.

Heroes of Reliai - By Psyblade18

Good old HoR. 3 different versions, 4 different characters I remember off the top of my head, actual planned out storylines and character arcs. HoR was what we all aspired to in those early days. Psy wrote novellas back in those days instead of character posts, but like a lot of other things, it stalled, and restarted etc etc. Even so, I remember back then thinking that it was like Game of Thrones which I was reading at the time, because there were 3 different groups of characters, a bunch of different factions, and surprisingly enough, Psy worldbuilds very well. It was good stuff.

In My Hands 3 - By Eona, and I know for sure it was Eona at that point for at least part of the time.

IMH is special to me primarily because it was the main reason for our longest group Skype call to date. 14 hours, 17 minutes and 34 seconds. I mean I also was originally going to have 9 characters, but that's not important. I ended up with only 5, and the amount of cross communication that had to go into those, due to them being the Communicators of Raikou, Regigigas, Regirock, Regice and Terrakion, was huge. Either way, it was a good time. Too bad it stalled. Props to Mari though, because not only were there two factions, but 4 or 5 groups in those factions, and she had to plan all that out.

Hyp3rsp4c3 - By me

Hyp3rsp4c3 has a horrible track record, but I dunno. I still love it. It's the only one of my RPs that I've actually come back to after it crashed and burned to try again with. Granted the reboot, Hyp3rsp4c3 V2: Alpha Protocol, crashed even harder when it didn't even start, but maybe 3.0 will work out. Maybe. If I get around to actually writing something up for it that people seem mildly interested in.

Anyway, Cami, I don't remember her username at the time, linked the Internet Explorer Tan video to the skype chat one day, and Hyp3rsp4c3 blossomed from there. (And yes, the numbers are a part of the title. Miss those and you're spelling it wrong) We all talked about it in the chat for a few hours, then I made the entire thread in a few more. Bad decision? Probably. Did it work? See above point about it crashing, burning, and crashing again. I mean there were a lot of us in the skype chat. We probably could have come up with something great. Instead I rushed in and I think that's a primary reason why Hyp3rsp4c3 has sunken to obscurity.

Honourable Mentions - Because I don't really remember much without actually going back and reading things. Maybe I'll edit this in a few days when I've had a chance to go through the remnants of Azuri.

- Pokemon Academy - I think that's the correct title, and I'm 90% sure it was made by Nexus. Either way, I think Merv Valens, is my most memorable yet unpowered character, primarily because he is the proud partner of a shiny Ponyta named Bubbles. I think the RP was about a boarding school for trainers or something, and there was a bad guy with a bunch of Pokemon? It was years ago. Point is, I remember Merv and Bubbles.

-Elemental Inheritance - By InfernoCyndaquil. This was a fun one that I thought had a ton of potential. A few different realms make up a continent, there's an evil team kidnapping gijinkas, and it turns out, most of the royalty are gijinkas themselves. I think my character's name alone is enough evidence I researched far more about snakes than I ever needed to for an Arbok gijinka, but Hannah Elapidae Squamata III is still a pretty memorable name for a princess.

-(Insert Title Here)- I don't remember who it was by, or what the actual title was, but it was an RP based around a bunch of trainers going through the Johto region. My dude had a Sentret, and I thought Zephyr Souleyes was an excellent name. In my defense, I was reading the Skulduggery Pleasant series at the time, and I couldn't think of a name. Also pretty sure it was the first RP I was part of.

On a side note, I'm definitely going to go back and see what I can find of old RPs I was part of. When something jogs my memory, I may or may not add it here

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Cult Classic
The problem is, Azurilland is gone, at least for now, Nic ^^' you can only access the home page but all the others seem to have been erased or at least no one can view them. Oh, nevermind. I didn't get the news that this wasn't on purpose and that it's now back. ^^'

Soulmates was interesting for sure, and it was how I got to meet practically everyone through the Skype chats. Without it, I may have stayed in the anonymity and maybe left Azurilland after a while, who knows. I don't think I'd be here, anyway. The roleplay in and on itself was fancy. I joined Soulmates 2, and I do remember some of those ships lol. Then I suppose people got busy with real life.

Last edited:
AKA
Charlie
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
I was a pretty prolific role-play creator back in the day, having created at least 10 different stories on the old site. Now, most of these RP's never took off, and most of that was due to my age when doing this. I actively roleplayed from the ages of 10 to 12, so all of my premises and characters ended up being hot garbage. They were good for a laugh though, even if I was the only one who ever bothered with them. So let me recount some old roleplays you don't remotely care about.

PMD: The 17 Planets. My very first roleplay, and boy did it show. The story was that the dark types were evil. Yeah, just that pretty much. A few people actually did join this one, and it lasted for a few pages. Sadly, it was one of my better RP's in hindsight.

Lab Rats: This was actually the last major roleplay I created, so it was arguably the best one. One night, I was playing on a Minecraft creative server and ended up spending an hour in a roleplay about monsters in a lab. I had so much fun with it, I decided I would steal the entire premise, take the character I was assigned and claim him as my own, sloppily slap the Pokemon branding onto it, and claim it as my own masterwork. This was easily my most successful RP, with the participants keeping it alive some time after I lost interest. I learned stealing was good from the experience.

PMD: Robot Madness. This was the big one. Did ya'll ever see that old Sonic carton from the 90's, the one that was super gritty and made Robotnik a threatening villain? Basically, picture that show minus any of the good writing and Pokemon flimsily attached to it. Replace Sonic with a Rotom named Shifter, Robotnik with Darkrai, and I guess Tails with Riolu? It got worse though, as for whatever reason I decided out of the blue to make that Riolu a chosen hero destined to save the world, who could evolve or devolve whenever convenient to the plot, Yu-Gi-Oh style. He was in a race with Darkrai to find three magical mcguffins, which may or may not have been the Spiritual stones from Ocarina of Time. The Riolu also wasn't my character, by the way, he was just some random forum goer who I decided to force this on. And no, none of this was remotely related to the whole Sonic premise I plagiarized, but it sure was a lot brighter and louder than that show.

What separates this from my other RP's, though, was that I just wouldn't let it die. I rebooted it at least two times, with some success but mostly none. I had a grand plan for the story, with a whole cast of ancillary characters and scenarios, but alas I never got very far with it. I also converted it into a fanfiction, for a while, with me posting it on a different website. I won't link it, but if you're interested it's still up there.

AKA
Tabby, Shadow
Time Zone
EST
The roleplaying section on the old site was basically my home. I remember staying up at night with my Kindle Fire and waiting for someone else to post. I was terrible, my first couple roleplays I only had dialogue, with minimal or no description. I'm a lot better now, but man, I look back at my old roleplays and cringe.

A roleplay that was really impactful to me were Total Pokemon Island. I met so many friends through it (Sunset, Aqua, and Dirano were probably the ones I was closest with) and even though I realize what caused it to slow down (like in my first one leading, I should've timeskiped to the next day) I still look back on it fondly.

Another roleplay I enjoyed was Camp Half Blood. Basicly, it was Percy Jackson but with legendary Pokemon instead of gods. I never read Percy Jackson, but I enjoyed the dynamic between the campers. I remember we had a private RP where it was the three camp consilurs' experience at the camp when they were younger. I was really sad when it ended before it could get good, it had a lot of potential.

Finally, the last roleplay I remember was Pokemon Popular. It was set in a Pokemon high school and each student belonged to a generic group (nerd, jock, etc.). I liked the fact that it gave each character a label that other characters would look at and judge based on stereotypes. It led to interesting characters that were more than one thing, but nobody else would see that other thing.

Sage

New Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
ExplodingSausage
Hey, I don't know who here remembers me but I'm Sage, formerly known on Azurilland as ExplodingSausage. I made a post in the introduce yourself section of the site that better explains how the roleplaying forums on Azu were really important to me, but suffice it to say that they did a great deal to shape my own creative spirit and abilities, helped me make new friends and inspired me to write more stories, even after I became inactive on the site. I know this is the place to talk about specific roleplays, but I was never all that active enough to engage in many, and I don't think I ever saw a roleplay to it's end while having joined at the start. I either had to drop out becuase of life or the roleplay itself fizzled.

Instead my time in the forums was mostly taken up on my own roleplay thread, VYCTORIE. It was a quirky little thing, with only a few active players, and it was very slow. But we were dedicated. After many hiatuses by some players and long spells without any replied it showed all the symptoms of a roleplay that was dead on it's feet but still we persisted.

The actual story was my own creation, and I regret now that I never gave enough credit or responsibility to the other players for their input on the story. It makes me feel bad now, but I essentially took control, steered everyone along for the ride. It was set in the real world, albeit one with pokemon, in a war between humans and pokemon. It was slow paced, and followed a small group of travelers getting caught up among the various factions and conspiracies. I had so, so many plans... there was going to be an amazing climax and super shocking twists and awesome battle scenes and sequel roleplay threads and...

It didn't matter. My final year of school came around and I had to drop everything to study for exams. By the time I came back, the roleplay was dead. People didn't have time anymore, or motivation. Not long after, Azurilland closed for good.

The roleplaying forums meant a lot to me, even as I was caught up in my own fantasy on that one tiny thread that you might have seen pop up every now and again when you were there. But even if we were a small bunch, and a slow bunch, I think after a while we were the single longest-running roleplay thread on the site. Not the largest or the one with the most posts, but still the longest. And that I think is at least something I can feel glad about, looking back. That the others and I persisted long enough to have a shared experience that I still remember today, that still shapes me today. Not for it's writing quality of course, because I had some really shocking writing skills at the start, but because we were together for it.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Oh geez the roleplays I was a part of back on the old site. I remember trying to start my own several times each one ending in a locked thread due to lack of play for months on end or my inability to come up with a plot. The ones I was in were always better/more fun than the ones I'd been trying to run.

Looking back at it though a lot of my early characters were cringe. Drinking, cursing for no real reason, edgy as hell, and of course that whole fourth wall breaking phase. How did anyone put up with me? I enjoyed pretty much every roleplay I joined back in the day. Drachma's were always cool, Queenie's didn't last very long but the concepts were wonderful, Isa's tended to be incredibly fun, and both the Disney themed ones I was in were enjoyable. Never had an experience in the subforum I didn't like, although as stated before I am ashamed of some of my previous characters.

I can't recall the names of all the roleplays I took part in, but I do remember some of the concepts. Couldn't list all of them for ya though, it would be an incredibly long list and I'd have to dig further into my archived posts just to list all of them. Which is a major problem considering I can only see about five pages on my profile before the archive stops working.