RMT RMT NU Heliolisk/Incineroar/Whimsicott Pivot

Mudkip_Mishchief

Ya boi Mudkip
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Here it is! I tried a little bit ago to make some teams, but without good understanding of the metagames I was in, and the concept of competitive battling itself really, I got my butt kicked. This is an NU team I made based around pivoting between Heliolisk, Incineroar, and Whimsicott, and being able to pivot into my more supportive 'mons as well.

Dhelmise @ Lum Berry
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
  • Power Whip
  • Anchor Shot
  • Rapid Spin
  • Synthesis
Since this team is based on pivoting and switching out a lot, I decided Dhelmise would work well as a tanky sweeper and punisher. 156hp evs to be able to tank things like fire blast from a slowbro, 252 atk to hit as hard as possible, and 100 speed to outspeed popular counters like incineroar. Power whip as a POWERFUL stab move to punish common hazard setters like rhydon and steelix, rapid spin if they get the hazards down, anchor shot for another powerful stab move that traps to finish 'mons off, and synthesis to keep him healthy the whole way.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
  • Night Shade
  • Roost
  • U-turn
  • Toxic
Hazards really do play such a huge role in the game, so to have Xatu here switching in unexpectedly to punish in several ways is great! Magic bounce keeps ailments and hazards off of my side, and can potentially really hurt my opponent if they dont expect him to switch in. Rocky helmet and 252 hp and 196 def to tank, counter, and punish those pesky physical sweepers. remaining evs in speed to be able to outspeed and u-turn once again. Roost as reliable recovery, as keeping him healthy throughout is important, and toxic to hit other tanky mons. Switchs in great against Helio counters like scarf passimian.

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Volt Switch
  • Hyper Voice
  • Surf
  • Dark Pulse
One of the best special sweepers in the tier, and he has a stab-pivot of course he's going on this team! Heliolisk can put in a lot of work and clear out out opposing 'mons with his almost 500 sp.atk (after specs that is). Dark pulse to counter popular helio counter like decidueye. Hyper voice for another widely usable stab move, and surf to wreck Steelix and Rhydon. Dry skin is great as you can pretty freely switch into water types, and counter them with helio

Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Atk / 100 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
  • Flare Blitz
  • Knock Off
  • U-turn
  • Earthquake
Another stopper to physical attackers, he's tanky, but can also put out an absurd amount of damage. Part of my pivoting trio, he can be used solely for atk drops on opposing sweepers and chip on the switch out, or he can stay in and take a ton of hits while still putting out a lot of damage throught blitz and eq, and he can knock of orbs, choice items, or whatever with stab knock off. Eq has made him, confusingly, a great check to opposing incineroar XD as he can drop their attack, resist most moves, knock off whatever items, and hit them with eq. He also takes care of dhelmise and decidueye that helio might struggle with.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
  • Stealth Rock
  • Scald
  • Earthquake
  • Toxic
My beloved rocker! Im kinda a hypocrite by running this guy, but its okay we're not worried about that. A great counter to opposing hazard setters, he basically forces 'mons like Rhydon and Steelix to switch out for fear of OHKO from scald. Which allows him to set up rocks after they've switched out. 64 speed so he outspeeds most every hazard setter/tank, and the rest in defense and hp for amazing bulk. Obviously weak to grass types like dhelmise and decidueye, but thats why we pivot and hit those guys time and time again with knock offs, dark pulses, and u turns. Water absorb is great as he, like helio, can switch in and check opposing water types.

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Moonblast
  • Energy Ball
  • Psychic
  • U-turn
A speedy sweeper running double stab and life orb for stupid damage output, and infiltrator to meme on tankier teams. Psychic to clear out revenge killing, scarfed passimians and other stupidness. Great late game for clearing up any 'mons that are left, and for making a comebac against teams

Strengths: can consistently outspeed, and counter opposing 'mons, as well as a strong supportive backing to protect the pivoting trio

Weaknesses: Say our lovely spinner dhelmise dies and an opponent gets hazards down, the team will take a LOT of damage. I built to prevent this from happening but it still can and will on occassion. Set-up 'mons, luckily, aren't huge in the tier, but if my team is just pivoting around and say, malamar is sitting there setting up in my face while i chip that could potentially be really dangerous. Making sure you know your opponents team is KEY. Reading their team, and choosing checks, and reading their checks to choose your counter to that is important. I found that stall and more defensive teams make things difficult, as pokemon like miltank and golbat sit there and heal over and over and it gets difficult to take them down when a lot of damage is chip. rocky helmet sucks too, but thats why we've got knock off woop

Dhelmise @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
  • Power Whip
  • Anchor Shot
  • Rapid Spin
  • Synthesis
Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
  • Night Shade
  • Roost
  • U-turn
  • Toxic
Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
  • Volt Switch
  • Hyper Voice
  • Surf
  • Thunder
Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Atk / 100 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
  • Flare Blitz
  • Knock Off
  • U-turn
  • Earthquake
Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
  • Stealth Rock
  • Scald
  • Earthquake
  • Toxic
Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
  • Moonblast
  • Energy Ball
  • Psychic
  • U-turn

Thank youuuu so much in advance <3

@Typhlosion @Varhii

figured you guys would be down to look this over so theres that woop

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Fiery Trainer
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hey, sorry it took so long for me to have a look at this.

I think you've got a pretty solid team built overall. Lots of classic sets, which is fine since they seem to work pretty well together.

One thing you could try that might help alleviate your problem against more defensive Pokemon is to give your Whimsicott a Choice Specs as its item, and replace one of your attacks with Switcheroo. Granted, it would be hard to decide which one to replace.