Rrrghgraw! (That's dragon for Hello)

Moonwatcher

Ring ring ring, Lily desu!
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Greeting everyone. So, um, I'm Moonwatcher. I've been a pokemon fan since the anime was first shown in english; I had a Charizard plush instead of a teddy bear, which still lives in my room guarding a pile of books. I properly got into the games when I got a Gamecube & Gameboy converter thingy that lets you play GBA games through the Gamecube for yule, alongside pokemon Sapphire, though I'm most nostalgic for the Gen4 games, as they were the first where I knew what I was doing.
I love doing challenge runs, ranging from Monotypes, Nuzlockes, and most recently a Rainbow Wedlocke. I once tried a Fire Emblem crossover-nuzlocke, but that didn't go so well...

Aside from pokemon, I'm as much if not more of a fan of Fire Emblem, especially the Tellius duology. (AKA the ones with Ike)
I also really like books; mainly YA fantasy novels, and preferably including dragons. Wings of Fire is my #1 all time favorite book series, (Hence my username) but I tend to like xenofiction in general, so if something has a non-human protagonist it goes to the top of my shopping list.

I'm pretty shy and awkward when it comes to talking to people, and tend to overthink things a lot. I love collecting things, be it pokemon, Skylanders figures, trading cards, you name it.
I was also on Marriland/Azurilland before, known mainly as MoonlightDragon, if anyone remembers me. (Please say you don't, I'd rather not remind you how cringeworthy I was.)

So, yeah. thats about it. Alola everyone!

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
Hi, Moonwatcher! Lovely to meet you or meet you again if we didn't before. That username sounds somewhat familiar, but I'm not too sure, though I won't push :cheekyazurill:

I love dragons and dragon books too! And YA fantasy. Not much into Fire Emblem, but some guys here are, so you can talk to them ^-^

Hope you have a nice time here at the forums!

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
henlo and welcome to Marriland, Moonwatcher~

i love dragons too, i think they're the coolest Mythical creatures! Is Dragon your favourite pokemon type as well? :0
And you came to the right place for challenges, the forum is active with lots of people doing their own challenge, and i'd definitely like to see you join them as well ^^ I've never done a challenge myself, but i love seeing others'!

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Nice to meet you! Dragons are pretty high up on my list for mythical creatures, especially since there are so many varieties. What's your favorite type of dragon? (Like Chinese or European, Worm or Drake, etc.!)

~Kilza~

Contemplation
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hey Moonwatcher! Welcome back to Marriland! I actually don't recognize your name from Azurilland, lol, maybe you were around before I came along, idk. But still, always good to get an old member returning! Hopefully you enjoy the new forums and stick around!

Biohazard

Somebody is digging my bones
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
Welcome back! You've got good taste in mythical animals, dragons are my favorite too. What is your favorite dragon-type Pokémon?

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Ayyyyyye! Good to have new people here. And I too am a big fan of challenge runs, so there's something I can say we have in common when it comes to Pokemon! I did a Rainbow Wedlocke on X last year, and it was really fascinating. As for a Fire Emblem crossover, well, Classic Mode basically puts you in a Nuzlocke yourself ;P I'm not much of a reader, but I see the appeal of fantasy stories.

But anyway, you're always welcome to message me or anyone else here if you want to chat. Hope to see you around! :happyazurill:

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
Hi there! Dragons are awesome. Good choice!

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Welcome back to the forums! I think it's awesome that you're into challenge runs, as I am a big of them myself! :D
Do you have any plans for future challenges here on the forums? Anyway, I hope you have a good time here!

Moonwatcher

AKA
Time Zone
BST
Thanks for the greetings everone :D I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better :)

@Mystical Your name seems kinda familliar too. But it's been so long I can barely remember anyones old names, let alone any new usernames :P Have you read any good dragon books lately? I'm always looking for more to hoard read. :3
@Bunnie I actually like electric types the most, but dragon is a close second.
@DeepSeaPrincess Hmm, that's a hard one. I love all types of dragon, but if I had to chose I'd say I prefer the standard europeon dragons.
@~Kilza~ Yeah, I kinda dissapeared from most of 2017 onwards.
@Lycoris Ultra-Necrozma's my favorite for sure :3
@Zerade I see you too have great taste in games ;)
@Pendraflare You did one too? :D How did it go? I did mine on Y. The Kalos games are the best for Nuzlockes, since they have so many different pokemon in them! Anyway I hope to see you around more too. :)
@Luke Strife Awesome is an understatement! :P
@Calaf I don't have any planned at the moment, too busy burning through my backlog of other games. But next time I do one, I'll be sure to post it here.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
@Luke Strife Awesome is an understatement! :P
Haha yeah, I know. They're honestly my favourite fantasy creature. Even though I get told that "dragons should be really rare in D&D!" I can't help but want to find ways to sneak them in. So I have to settle for playing around with Kobolds and Dragonborn in their place.

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
Heh fair enough. I read Eragon a while ago and Firelight was the last one. Though I found it a bit predictable but still good. I also started reading Game of Thrones (well, dragons are part of it) but it wasn't really my style. What's Wings of Fire about?

Moonwatcher

AKA
Time Zone
BST
Haha yeah, I know. They're honestly my favourite fantasy creature. Even though I get told that "dragons should be really rare in D&D!" I can't help but want to find ways to sneak them in. So I have to settle for playing around with Kobolds and Dragonborn in their place.
Yeah, dragons have been my favoirte fantasy creature for as long as I can remember. (Though the carbuncle is catching it up recently)
I've always found Dragons being rare in D&D to be a bit silly. It's in the freaking title after all. :P Oh, have you heard of a game called Epyllion? It's a tabletop RPG like D&D, but focused on the roleplaying instead of combat, (combat and a regular conversation use the same dice roles) and only has three stats, but it's set in a world inhabited mainly by dragons, and as such the player characters are all dragons.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Howdy, Moonwatcher, welcome to the forums. And I must say I agree that dragons are perfection incarnate. They don't appear often enough in Pathfinder, unfortunately, although I tend to go with Dragon Blooded sorcerers and the like just because. Epyllion sounds interesting, but I think I'd have trouble trying to learn a new system. Do you prefer Chromatic or Metallic dragons?

Moonwatcher

AKA
Time Zone
BST
Heh fair enough. I read Eragon a while ago and Firelight was the last one. Though I found it a bit predictable but still good. I also started reading Game of Thrones (well, dragons are part of it) but it wasn't really my style. What's Wings of Fire about?
I read Eragon when i first came out, can't remember much of it now though. I have heard there a new collecting of short stories set in the same world been released recently though. And Firelight looks interesting, I'll have to look into that one. I know enough about Game of Thrones to know it's not my thing.
As for WoF, Short answer: Dragons.
Wings of Fire is set in a world where dragons are the dominate species, and is a story about five young dragons who are prophesised to put an end to a war that's engulfed the entire continent.
Each book is from a different viewpoint, with each of the main characters getting a book and character arc to themselves, while also advancing the main plot. There's humour to the writing, instead of having a designated "Funny character," but it still has serious storylines, and can get a bit gory at times, though it peters off as the story goes on, with later books being much less violent.
The official site has an excerpt from it that covers the first chapter if your interested. Here's a link.

EDIT:
Howdy, Moonwatcher, welcome to the forums. And I must say I agree that dragons are perfection incarnate. They don't appear often enough in Pathfinder, unfortunately, although I tend to go with Dragon Blooded sorcerers and the like just because. Epyllion sounds interesting, but I think I'd have trouble trying to learn a new system. Do you prefer Chromatic or Metallic dragons?
I will now forever call dragons Perfection Incarnate. :P
As for preference...Hmm...Well most of my favourite dragons have black scales, and half of them are evil, so I guess Chromatic? But I love both kinds regardless.
(Also seeing you reminds me I still need to finish Ace Attourney: Trials and Tribulations)

Last edited:

WindriderShiva

Rookie Trainer
AKA
chibishiva (PSN)
Time Zone
GMT-5 (Eastern Time)
3DS FC
4399-3664-9423
Switch FC
2208-5217-2227
Welcome (back!)! More people into challenges, more! Always fun!

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
Read a bit of the excerpt and now I'm hooked :o you have very good tastes! ^-^

And yeah heard about those short stories but I'm not too interested, tbh

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
Yeah, dragons have been my favoirte fantasy creature for as long as I can remember. (Though the carbuncle is catching it up recently)
I've always found Dragons being rare in D&D to be a bit silly. It's in the freaking title after all. :P Oh, have you heard of a game called Epyllion? It's a tabletop RPG like D&D, but focused on the roleplaying instead of combat, (combat and a regular conversation use the same dice roles) and only has three stats, but it's set in a world inhabited mainly by dragons, and as such the player characters are all dragons.
I have not, and while it sounds interesting, I can't say that it focusing more on RP has any more or less sway over me, as I prefer to play a pretty story/roleplay focused D&D game anyway. I might be interested to take a look at the lore as far as generating more inspiration goes, though. Anything with dragons in is usually going to be a great read for me.