Nuzlocke Ruby's Adventure Through Hoenn [AS]

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Hello all! I reset my Alpha Sapphire game this morning and decided to start a Nuzlocke. I love how this game looks and plays. It's so smooth. The DexNav is one of the best features out there, too.

The standard Nuzlocke rules will apply, with Dupes Clause and Shiny Clause, plus these three additional rules:
  • No using healing items in battles
  • Changing the battle style to "Set"
  • Level limit (14, 16, 21, 28, 30, 35, 45, 46; 52, 53, 54, 55, 59)
For this playthrough, I'll be using a nicknaming theme of Marriland users! Don't take the nicknames personally!
With regards to the DexNav, if I haven't gotten my first encounter before something shows up on the DexNav, I'll use the DexNav instead. If I don't like the Pokemon, too bad.

Update links:
Update 1: Typhlosion already?!

Update 1: Typhlosion already?!
To start off, I named myself Ruby and ended up with Torchic :torchic: since my Trainer ID ended in a 9. Pretty nice start. I nicknamed my Torchic Typhlosion. That won't get confusing at all... Funny thing, I spoke to my mother before leaving Littleroot Town and she didn't really seem to care about my journey. When I actually walked out of the town she suddenly did care. Which is it?!

After all the beginning stuff, I caught a Zigzagoon :zigzagoon: with the DexNav and named it smoky. The only problem is that its first move is Charm, meaning it doesn't have tackle and won't get an attacking move until level 11. RIP.

At Petalburg I meet up with my dad and lectures me about becoming a good Trainer and then helps out another child, Wally. I guess I'm not the favourite. Wally then shows me how to catch a Ralts despite me already having a caught a Pokemon.

In Route 104 I catch a Wurmple :wurmple: and name her Kat. Watch this space and see if Kat is actually useful or not. And then right after that, I see a Wingull with the DexNav, oh boy. Kat better be really strong to make up for me missing one of my favourite Hoenn Pokemon.

So I backtracked and got Kat all the way to level 7 and she evolved into :silcoon: Silcoon! I guess this is fake Kat, if that's the case. :pensiveazurill:

Into Petalburg Woods and I catch franciscosta the Taillow :taillow:! Since I used the DexNav, he has Roost! But no attacking moves... The Team Aqua grunt was easy to beat, though Typhlosion is getting really close to the level limit.

Just outside the Woods on Route 104, a Youngster gives me the TM for Echoed Voice. Finally, smoky and franciscosta will have attacking moves!

Fast-forward to Route 116 and my first non-duplicate encounter is Merfairy the Whismur :whismur:! I'm a little disappointed since now I can't catch a Pokemon in Rusturf Tunnel. And then on Route 116, a Marill starts to spam Rollout and Merfairy gets absolutely destroyed, press F to pay respects. I was super worried that the Nuzlocke would be over since I had 3/5 Pokemon weak to Rock. Thankfully the Marill started to use every other move in its arsenal when I sent out Typhlosion.

At least Kat evolved into Beautifly :beautifly:!

And that's it for the first update. Rather short, already sombre. Merfairy will never be forgotten!

Party:
:beautifly: :zigzagoon: :taillow: :torchic:

Kat the Beautifly
Met: Route 104
Levels: 2-10

smoky the Zigzagoon
Met: Route 102
Levels: 5-10

franciscosta the Taillow
Met: Petalburg Woods
Levels: 5-11

Typhlosion the Torchic
Met: Route 101
Levels: 5-13

PC:
N/A

Dead:

Merfairy the Whismur
Met: Route 116
Levels: 6
Fate: Rollout from Marill on Route 116
Poor Merfairy, never actually got to use a move. :cryingazurill:

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
Rip Merfairy ;n; /pats
Haha, that Torchic's name. Looking forward to seeing how this goes Brett!
At Petalburg I meet up with my dad and lectures me about becoming a good Trainer and then helps out another child, Wally. I guess I'm not the favourite.
Ouch... .w.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
well at least i haven't been eaten yet

good luck bretto! <3

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Hm, ORAS are known for being easy but the restrictions might make it more interesting. RIP Merfairy tho, Whismur can be really helpful in these games with its coverage. ;_;

But yeah it's funny how your own dad favors this visitor over his own kid.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
hello there i am following this yis pls dont forget it :J

i had fun reading thru your journey so far! can't wait for the next update.

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Good luck dude! A shame whismur went down so fast.