EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Hello it me

I noticed that some rule/pinned threads have a few old or unnecessary rules in them or simply haven't been maintained. I'll just go down the line with the forums for simplicity.

What Is Your Favorite Pokémon
- The rule about one-word responses is outdated. Pretty sure we got rid of that rule in the last year or two. Saying just "Pikachu" is on-topic and provides the same amount of information as "My favorite Pokémon is Pikachu."

Rules of Pokémon Forum Games
- Rule 4 doesn't need to exist because 3 word rule doesn't exist.

Rules for Pokémon Playthroughs
While short comments such as "I'm following this run" are not necessarily against the rules, they are still discouraged. Instead, try making constructive comments that will help the creator, and not just clutter up the thread.
- This segment of the last rule feels unnecessary. As long as the post is on-topic and doesn't break other rules, so what? I can recall times when I wanted to show support to others, but I couldn't think of something very "constructive" to say. We're not worrying about thread clutter these days either.

The Guide to a Proper Challenge
- Rule 2 seems unnecessary (see above).

Rules and Regulations for In-Game Challenges
- Update the list of "useless Pokémon." Pyukumuku isn't there despite learning no direct attacking moves. So stuff like Applin, which can only get attacking moves besides Astonish through breeding.

Competitive Battling Leaderboard
- Hasn't been maintained since early last year. What's the plan for this?

Marriland's Artbook of Memories
- Hasn't been maintained since Michelle left staff. Unpin.

Monthly Writing Prompts
- Hasn't been maintained since August. What's the plan for this?

Roleplaying General Guidelines
- Mentions some outdated requirements. Will talk to Flo about editing.

Azurilland Archive Link
- It died gg

That's about it! Let me know what you think.

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
I agree with most but I feel the section for the Pokemon Challenges can be rewritten instead of deleted. Perhaps instead of this:
While short comments such as "I'm following this run" are not necessarily against the rules, they are still discouraged. Instead, try making constructive comments that will help the creator, and not just clutter up the thread.
it can be something this:
Posting short comments such as "I'm following this run" are fine as long as it's still on topic. The more constructive your post is, the better.
Or something like that. shrugs

Trading Rules
Rule #1 mentions a public blacklist and while there is a public blacklist, there is still a placeholder saying (will link when that's created) in the public thread.

FAQ
In the ★ How do I add images/links to my post? section, there is a broken image when talking about resizing images.

Rules for Pokemon Playthroughs
There's no space in between post and before in the 24 hour bump rule.

Battle Replay Sharing Thread
Youtube is spelled Youtubve.

Themed Clubs HQ
Some of the clubs got locked so they should be removed from the list.

Casual Clubs HQ
Dragon Shrine is currently closed.

Yee.

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
  • I have no clue about the latest generation of Pokémon, so someone else will have to update the useless Pokémon list if there is one. ♥
  • Once you have a more clear idea on how you think roleplaying should be edited, please let us know!

Updates:
  • 'What is Your Favorite Pokémon?' has been updated to reflect current rules.
  • The rules of Pokémon Forum Games has been updated.
  • Cleaned up rules for playthroughs.
  • Guide to a Proper Challenge has been updated.
  • Unpinned the leaderboard. If someone wants to do something with it in the future, neat. But for right now, bye n_n
  • Unpinned art book thread.
  • Writing prompt thread gone.
  • Trading rules have been updated.
  • Battle Replay thread slightly edited.
  • Clubs updated. We'll probably be merging these forums because there are three clubs. lol.

Let us know if you see anything else!