Nuzlocke Randomizer Sarge's Platinum Randomized Nuzlocke

SergeantSunshine

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Alright so one of the first things I wanted to do here was a nuzlocke. The last one I did didn't go so well, but I have a good feeling about this one. I chose Platinum because it's the only game I haven't played more than once and I heard it's quite hard

-Any pokemon that faints is considered dead and will be put in the Storage System

-Only the first pokemon encountered in each area can be caught

-All Pokemon must be nicknamed

Additional Rules

-Dupes Clause: Pokemon that have already been caught cannot be caught again, and allows another encounter for a different Pokemon.

- Pokemon can be caught for the use of HM moves to progress in game , but that pokemon can only be used for that hm, and nothing else
-All trainer pokemon

-Starter pokemon

-Found items

-And obviously all encounters
So Soat should be it for now, wish me luck

Last edited:

SergeantSunshine

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
PART 1: NEW RECRUITS
Sarge here, skipping the boring intro and getting right to the good stuff. Sgt Dope (Barry) must be drinking too much caffeine these days, the dude is all kinds of hyper, but you gotta love him. Sergeant Dope and I get through the whole wild pokemon fiasco and score ourselves our first pokemon. There were 3 to choose from, as always; Articuno, Teddiursa, and Sandshrew. No doubt I chose Articuno which was proudly named Boreas. After making quick work of Sgt Dope's Sandshrew, Boreas and I made our way to Oreburgh City to retrieve our first badge. On our way I caught a Camerupt on route 202 named Krakatoa and a Bulbasaur on route 203 named Linneaus. So far Boreas has had no trouble taking down opponents with Powder Snow doing quite a lot of damage. On the other hand Linneaus is having some trouble but he's getting there.
We enter Oreburgh City and found out the Gym Leader isn't even at the gym. Sgt Dope let us know of the Roark's whereabouts and we headed down to the mine to find him. In the mine I ran into a Flaaffy and just had to catch it, naming him Joule. We found Roark doing whatever it is he does and began to make our way back to the gym, but Linneaus was ruefully taken down by a Diglett, rest in peace our fallen soldier. We also ran into a Deoxys and I internally cried for a minute before I had to defeat it.

We finally got to the gym and took out the two trainers and got into the battle with Roark. Krakatoa quickly took out Roark's pokemon with ease, earning us our first badge.
:articuno: Articuno (Boreas)
Careful, Pressure
Lvl. 10 @ none
  • Gust
  • Powder Snow
  • Mist
:camerupt: Camerupt (Krakatoa)
Quirky, Magma Armor
Lvl. 11 @ none
  • Growl
  • Tackle
  • Ember
  • Magnitude
:flaaffy: Flaaffy (Joule)
Relaxed, Static
Lvl. 10 @ none
  • Tackle
  • Growl
  • ThuderShock
:bulbasaur: Bulbasaur (Linneaus) at Oreburgh Mine
:deoxys: Deoxys at Oreburgh Mine

Last edited:

SergeantSunshine

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
PART 2: Up and at 'Em
After obtaining my 1st badge, I made my way back to Jubilee City. I always hated the going back and forth between towns, especially when all I can do is run and walk. I caught 2 new recruits, an Arbok who I named Jessie and a Solrock I named Helios. I eventually found my back and came face to face with a detective, who just might be off his rockers. I didn't listen much to what he had to say and boy, was I glad when he does done. I continue North of the city to find Professor Rowan and his assistant talking a couple of tacky dressing...spacemen? It seemed like something was going down so I approached them. They went on about being a part of some group called Team Galactic. Prof. Rowan's assistant and I took care of them easily and they scurried away. I leave the City, get into some battles and then came the loss of another soldier, Helios to a Dialga that I caught and named Rolex. I also encountered a Zapdos and Ho-Oh.

---------------------------
Continuing my journey to Floaroma Town, I go through Ravaged path and caught a Scizor, named him JeanClawed. Saw a Suicune and internally cried some more. I amde it out of Ravaged Path and caught a Staryu who was named Private Wen. After making it to Floaroma Town and dealing with those tacky spacemen again, I get down to the gym. I had some trouble with Gardenia, but got the badge while losing Jessie in battle, she will forever live on in my heart.
Careful, Pressure
Lvl. 17 @ None
  • Gust
  • Powder Snow
  • Mist
  • Ice Shard
:camerupt: Camerupt ( Krakatoa)
Quirky, Magma Armor
Lvl. 17 @ None
  • Focus Energy
  • Tackle
  • Ember
  • Magnitude
:flaaffy: Flaaffy (Joule)
Relaxed, Static
Lvl. 13 @ None
  • Tackle
  • Growl
  • ThunderShock
  • Rock Smash
:dialga: Dialga (Rolex)
Bold, Pressure
Lvl. 14 @ Dragon Fang
  • Dragon Breath
  • Scary Face
  • Metal Claw
:scizor: Scizor (JeanClawed)
Docile, Swarm
Lvl. 15 @ None
  • Quick Attack
  • False Swipe
  • Cut
  • Pursuit
:staryu: Staryu (Wen)
Calm, Illuminate
Lvl. 19 @ None
  • Water Gun
  • Rapid Spin
  • Recover
  • Camouflage
:arbok: Arbok ( Jessie)
:solrock: Solrock (Helios)
:hooh: Ho-Oh
:zapdos: Zapdos
:suicune: Suicune

Last edited:

SergeantSunshine

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
PART 3: [insert clever title here]
Moving on from Gardenia, I faced off with the tacky spacemen again and the commander, Jupiter (Her hair kind of reminds me of beehives tbh). After dealing with her I get an egg from the champion, Cynthia (worried about facing her in the future...). I wanted to keep it and find out what'll be, but I didn't feel like doing the 2,500 steps, so I just put it in my pc. I got the bike from the cycle shop owner, which I never really use anyway and made my way to Hearthome City. I ran into some pokemon but I didn't have any pokeballs and I'm flat broke.
-----------------------------------------
I made it to Hearthome and I spent a little too much time doing the pokemon contests (literally my favorite thing about this gen). I eventually dragged myself to the gym and found my way to Fantina. I had to stick with Rolex the whole battle, my other Pokemon were having trouble due to being underleveled. Although he was underleveled Rolex took out her pokemon with Dragon Breath pretty easily, Fantina's Kingler being a little more trouble than the others.
Careful, Pressure
Lvl. 17 @ None
  • Gust
  • Powder Snow
  • Mist
  • Ice Shard
:camerupt: Camerupt (Krakatoa)
Quirky, Magma Armor
Lvl. 17 @ None
  • Focus Energy
  • Tackle