Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
さくらがさくよ
みなれた いつも のさか道に
ああ、別れを
- “Sayonara Memories”, supercell

I’m super excited to start this run finally!!! Welcome to Sayonara Nostalgia, my Ultimate Time Warp Idolocke Challenge! I’ve been wanting to do this challenge for a while, and now I finally get to do it! Yay!

This challenge is heavily music themed. It’ll be similar to my attempt at a Ancient Greece Time Warp Nuzlocke, “Go For The Golden Mean!” in that I’m going to write it in a similar style and talk a lot about my favorite musicians, bands, and songs. It’s kinda the point of this run.

I’m going to take this run as slowly as I need to in order to finish it. I always seem to lose or give up on challenges (and starting five at once is probably a bad idea), and I think at least part of that is because I rush things. Expect this thing to take at least a year to do, maybe two.

IDOLOCKE CHALLENGE – RULES (My changes and notes will be in bold.)

#0) PREPARATION
Before the challenge begins, decide which difficulty you want the School Idol Festival portions of the challenge to be played on (Normal, Hard, or EX -- no Easy mode).
Make sure you have at least one team that consists of all N cards, and whose combined stamina does not exceed 20. <- Prior to each time period, I’ll be using a random number generator to determine which rhythm game I’ll be playing for the time period. Here’s the list:

1. Love Live School Idol Festival

2. Idolmaster Million Live Theater Days

3. Project Diva f

4. Project Diva F 2nd

5. Project Diva X

6. IA/VT Colorful

Outside of LLSIF and MLTD, I will be using rank instead of combo. If you’ve played most of these games, you know why. If you don’t know why, let me put it this way: the Project Diva games are hard, and it’s been years since I’ve played IA/VT. I also am pretty sure these games don’t keep track of your combo like LLSIF and MLTD do.

#1) NO GAME, NO LIFE
If a Pokemon faints, it is considered kicked off the team. It must be either released or permanently boxed. This is effectively the same as death in a regular Nuzlocke -- just called something different.

#2) GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS
You may only capture the first female Pokemon you encounter in any new area.
2a) Gender Clause: Any male or genderless Pokemon that appear in the wild do not count as encounters. You may search as many times as it takes to encounter a female Pokemon.
2b) Dupes Clause: No duplicate Pokemon or evolutions/pre-evolutions of duplicate Pokemon may be used. You have five chances in each area to encounter a non-dupe. Note: This only applies to Pokémon I was able to use. If I caught a Pokémon, but they failed the audition, I can catch another of that Pokémon.

2c) Legendary Clause: Legendary Pokemon may be caught and used provided they are female and would legitimately be your first encounter for an area.
2d) Shiny Clause: If you encounter a shiny Pokemon, it may be caught and added to your team/waiting list immediately. (This is pretty much the only way I will accept guys and Genderless Pokémon onto my team.)

This works for most of the Pokémon games, but there’s no gender in the original Gen 1 games (Red, Blue, and Yellow), and if I play everything but my original Kanto games, I’ll be at least one short. My solution for this is to say that this gender rule applies in all time periods except for the Industrial Revolution era, which explicitly allows for Genderless Pokémon. Since almost none of the Pokémon in Gen 1 have a gender, and I was planning on doing the Industrial Revolution era in Blue anyway, that works out for me.

Edit 7/15/19: I forgot to include Type Clause when I first typed up the rules! Since I technically haven’t caught anything in the first game I’m doing (I’ve gotten my starter, but I haven’t gotten my PokéBalls yet), I hope it’s okay to make this minor addition to the rules.

Type Clause: If the first Pokémon I run into is not one of the types I’m allowed to catch for the time period (so for my first game, if the first encounter isn’t a Fire, Bug, or Water type), I get infinite retries until I get a Pokémon that meets gender and dupe and type clause. I don’t want to have to worry about losing out on encounters because of the strict type of challenge I’m doing.

#3) DANCE LIKE YOU WANT TO WIN!
You do not necessarily get to keep every Pokemon you get. After completing any catch or receiving any eligible gift Pokemon (other than your starter), your new Pokemon must perform an audition in School Idol Festival to prove its worth as an idol. The audition process goes as follows:
Pause your Pokemon game and open School Idol Festival.
Go to "Live Show" and select a song.
Play the song with your N team.
At the end of the song, determine the judges' score. How well your Pokemon scored in the audition is determined by your combo:
S Combo = 100% catch rate. You automatically keep your catch.
A Combo = 75% catch rate. Generate a number between 1 and 4. If it's 1-3, you keep your catch. If it's a 4, you must release/permabox it.
B Combo = 50% catch rate. Generate a number between 1 and 4. If it's a 1-2, you keep your catch. If it's a 3-4, you must release/permabox it.
C Combo = 25% catch rate. Generate a number between 1 and 4. If it's a 1, you keep you catch. If it's 2-4, you must release/permabox it.
No Combo = 0% catch rate. You automatically forfeit your catch. Release/permabox it immediately.

Obviously, with different games, this will change. I’ll put the corresponding rankings and such by each combo score when I have time. If I don’t, I’ll include the corresponding rankings when I start a game using one of the PD games or IA/VT.

#4) SAY MY NAME
All Pokemon must have nicknames. Preferrably names that are fittingly idol-esque (read: "totally animoo"), but whatever kind of nicknames you prefer are fine.

#5) THREE'S COMPANY
Your Poke-idols must all fight in groups of three. These groups are your idol units.
Only three idol units may exist at any given time.
Pokemon are added to units as they are caught and auditioned. Your first three Pokemon form one unit, the next three form the second, and the next three after that form the third.
After all your units fill up, extra Pokemon are put on a waiting list. When a spot on your team opens up, fill it with the oldest catch on your list.
All members of a unit must stay together at all times. You may switch units in and out of your party as often as you like, but if you want to deposit/withdraw one member of a unit, any other members of her unit must go with her.
Pokemon may only battle with other members of their assigned unit. This means if you're in a battle and you want to switch to another Pokemon, you may not switch out to anyone who is not in your active Pokemon's unit.
If a Pokemon faints in battle, one of her unit partners must switch in and either win the battle or faint alongside her. If you run out of Pokemon in a given unit, only then may you switch to a Pokemon in another unit.
Each idol unit must have a unique group name (e.g.: "BiBi", "Lily White", "Printemps", "Smash Mouth", etc.).

#6) I'M NOT DEAD YET!
As long as you still have usable Pokemon in your PC or the daycare, the challenge is not over, even in the event of a white-out.

#7) YOU AIN'T GOT THE BALLS
The challenge rules do not take effect until you receive your first Poke Balls.

This effectively includes Cheren Clause for most games, since you tend to get your PokéBalls after your first rival battle, but let me throw Cheren Clause in anyway just in case.

Cheren Clause: If you lose the first rival battle (Bianca and Cheren both count for BW), you have not lost the challenge! You can continue playing.

Time Warp Challenge General Rules

You may only trade in order to evolve your Pokemon.
Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are not allowed.
Ultra Beasts are not allowed.
Hacking/cheating is not allowed.
[Emergency Supplies][For eras that ban the use of PokeMarts] You may buy Pokeballs for the purpose of catching HM buddies. You may purchase 10 Full Restores and 10 Max Revives prior to facing the Elite Four.
[Lucky Strike] You may use the Game Corner in any game in order to obtain Pokemon or TMs but you may only purchase 40% of the coins required for your desired prize. You must earn the rest by using the mini games provided by each Game Corner. [NOT applicable to Mobster Mania]
The challenge ends when you defeat the Champion in the game of your choice. [Defeat Red in all the Johto games, Steven in Emerald, AZ in X/Y]

Jurassic Jam

Era Types: Fire/Bug/Water, Pokemon based on Reptiles.
Mandatory Pokemon: [Any fossil Pokemon available in your game]
Banned Types: Ice, Electric, Steel, cute looking Water types.
Era Rules: There's no such thing as Markets or Currency so you must rely only on items you find/are given.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Dragon types to your team.

Ice Age

Era Types: Ice, Water, Ground, Rock
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Lapras
Johto: Piloswine
Hoenn: Walrein
Sinnoh: Mamoswine
Unova: Beartic
Kalos: Avalugg
Alola: Alolan Ninetales/Alolan Sandslash
Banned Types: Grass/Electric/Bug/Fire/Steel
Era Rules: There are no PokeMarts so you are restricted to items that you find/ are given.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Normal types to your team.

Stone Age

Era Types: Ground/Rock/Normal/Grass/Fire
Mandatory Pokemon: Choose between the following in accordance to your chosen Generation/ game: Graveler (Golem)/ Marowak/ Relicanth/ Mamoswine/ Darmanitan/ Carbink/ Alolan Graveler (Golem)
Banned Types: Electric, Ghost, Psychic
Era Rules: You may only use Berries/ Herbs and any items you can find/ are given. There are no shops and there is no currency.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Steel types (with the exception of Bronzor, Klink, Klefki and their respective evolutions) and Ice types to your team.

Bronze Age

Era Types: Fire/Ground/Rock/Steel
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto, Johto, Kalos, Alola: Any Pokemon from the Mineral Egg group
Hoenn: Bronzong or Any Pokemon from the Mineral Egg group (if playing Generation 3 games)
Sinnoh, Unova: Bronzong
Banned Types: Electric/Fairy/Psychic
Era Rules: Trade posts are few and far between. You may only use shops every three towns/cities/villages.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/completing your 3rd trial/reaching Kanto, you may add Water types to your team.

Egyptian Era

Era Types: Normal/Ground/Bug/Flying/Poison/Ghost/Dark
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Arbok/ Golbat/ Persian
Johto: Heracross/ Espeon
Hoenn: Delcatty/ Dusclops
Sinnoh: Lucario/ Drapion
Unova: Liepard/ Krookodile/ Cohagrigus
Kalos: Meowstic/Heliolisk
Alola: Salazzle/Alolan Persian
Banned Types: Water/Electric/Steel/Fairy
Era Rules:
Sphinx Rule - At least half of your Pokemon can not have a visible nose.
Slave rule - You are a slave building a pyramid. You have no money. You may only use things you find/are given.
Extra/Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/completing your 3rd trial/reaching Kanto, you may add Fighting types to your team.

Ancient India

Era Types: Flying, Ground, Psychic, Fairy, Normal
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Arbok
Johto: Noctowl
Hoenn: Altaria
Sinnoh: Medicham
Unova: Swanna/Bouffalant
Kalos: Pyroar
Alola: Decidueye
Banned Types: Dark, Steel, Electric, Poison, Fighting
Era Rules: Before every major battle (Gym, Trial) you must make an offering to the Devas. Give up(Sell) 80% of your consumables(pokeballs, medicines, battle items) and pray for success.
Extra/Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/completing your 3rd trial/reaching Kanto, you may add Fire types to your team.

Ancient Greece

Era Types: Electric, Grass, Fairy, Fire, Dark
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Raichu
Johto: Houndoom
Hoenn: Absol
Sinnoh: Empoleon
Unova: Simisear
Kalos: Talonflame
Alola: Primarina
Banned Types: Bug, Dragon, Normal, Ground
Era Rules: The threads of fate bind you. You must keep your starter in the first slot of your party the entire challenge and must not let it faint. (If your starter faints, return to your last save point). Since this is a Nuzlocke variant challenge, when I return to the last save point, I must release my starter, and the first Pokémon I caught after that would become the “starter” for the purpose of this challenge. Also, as Pendra pointed out the last time I attempted an Ancient Greece Time Warp, it’s okay to move another Pokémon up front for grinding and training purposes, but for important battles, the starter must be up front.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/completing your 3rd trial/reaching Kanto, you may add Fighting types to your team.

Ancient Rome

Era Types: Fighting/Rock/Steel/Fire/Psychic/Ghost/Poison
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Arcanine
Johto: Hitmonchan
Hoenn: Armaldo
Sinnoh: Empoleon
Unova: Conkeldurr/Escavalier
Kalos: Aegislash
Alola: Lycanroc
Banned Types: Electric/Dragon/Normal/Fairy
Era Rules: Your legions never back away from any challenge. Play the game in "Set" mode. You are not allowed to run away in wild encounters. You may not buy Repels but you are allowed to use the ones you find.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add types to your team.

Medieval Era

Era Types: Poison, Dark, Steel, Fighting, Psychic, Fairy
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Beedril/ Golem/ Machoke
Johto: Scizor/ Skarmory/ Foretress
Hoenn: Ludicolo/ Aggron/ Armaldo
Sinnoh: Bastiodon/ Kricketune/ Gallade
Unova: Escavalier/ Bisharp/ Gothielle
Kalos: Aegislash/ Gogoat/ Talonflame/ Noivern
Alola: Turtonator/ Kommo-o/ Decidueye
Banned Types: Electric, Ice, Normal
Era Rules: You are allowed to use markets and herb shops but you must trade and bargain(sell something in order to buy something).
(Optional) King Arthur- Your team must be based on Arthurian Characters.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Dragon types to your team.

Age of Discovery

Era Types: Water/Ground/Grass/Fire/Flying
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Lapras
Johto: Sunflora
Hoenn: Tropius
Sinnoh: Torterra
Unova: Archeops/Sigilyph
Kalos: Barbaracle
Alola: Toucannon
Banned Types: Dark/Fairy/Dragon/Ice
Era Rules: You are an eager explorer. You may not move on to the next area until you've explored everything that you could possibly explore in any given route/ town. (i.e. check every cave, patch of grass, house etc.)
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Fighting types to your team.

Renaissance Era

Era Types: Fairy, Flying, Psychic, Water (only cute ones), Normal types from the Fairy Egg Group
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Ditto
Johto: Smeargle
Hoenn: Masquerain/ Beautifly
Sinnoh: Chatot/ Roserade
Unova: Musharna
Kalos: Vivillon/Florges/Aromatisse (Y Exclusive)
Alola: Primarina/Comfey/Oricorio (except Pom-Pom Style)
Banned Types: Steel, Electric, Ice, Fighting
Era Rules: You may use any market (like Slateport Market)/ herb shop and may only use Department Stores to purchase TMs.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Dark and Poison types to your team.

The Pirate Golden Age

Era Types: Water/Dark/Ground/Fighting/Flying/Ghost
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Kingler
Johto: Kingdra (or Seadra)
Hoenn: Crawdaunt or Sharpedo
Sinnoh: Weavile
Unova: Basculin
Kalos: Dragalgae/ Clawitzer/ Malamar
Alola: Carbominable/ Toxapex
Banned Types: Bug/Rock/Electric/Psychic/Fairy
Era Rules:
Ship Rule- One Pokemon in your team must be designated as your vessel. This Pokemon is the only one that can and must learn Surf. Optionally, name this Pokemon like you would a ship.
(Optional) Alliance Rule~ only choose one:
Pirate- As a pirate, the rules don't apply to you. Choose one allowed type and swap it for a non-banned type.
Navy- You have been given orders to catch the pirates by any means necessary. Switch one allowed type and one banned type with each other.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Grass types to your team.

Industrial Revolution

Era Types: Steel, Fire, Ground, Fighting, Water, any Genderless Pokémon (See my notes earlier.)
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Dugtrio
Johto: Steelix (or Onix)
Hoenn: Hariyama
Sinnoh: Bibarel
Unova: Conkeldurr
Kalos: Klefki
Alola: Alolan Dugtrio/ Incineroar
Banned Types: Grass/Psychic/Ice/Dragon/Fairy
Era Rules:
Wages Rule- Your wages are small. You may not use the Amulet Coin and you may not sell items with no function other than selling (such as Nuggets).
Danger Rule- Work is dangerous. Play in "Set" mode rather than "Shift".
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Electric types to your team.

Westward Expansion

Era Types: Normal/Ghost/Rock/Fighting (except for those in the Fairy Egg Group), any Bovine, Equine or Deer Pokemon (such as Tauros, Rapidash, Stantler etc.)
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Rapidash/ Tauros
Johto: Onix/Miltank
Hoenn: Nosepass/Tauros
Sinnoh: Rotom (no forms allowed)/ Probopass
Unova: Sandile/ Timburr (or evolved forms)/ Bouffalant
Kalos: Diggersby
Alola: Mudsdale/ Komala
Banned Types: Electric, Water, Fairy, Pink Pokémon
Era Rules: You may only use PokeMarts after cashing in Nuggets and/or other items that you found.
Extra/Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/completing your 3rd trial/reaching Kanto, you may add Steel types to your team.

The Progressive Era

Era Types: Normal/Steel/Grass/Electric/Fire/Water/Fairy
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Eevee or one of its evolutions.
Johto: Scyther/Scizor or Onix/Steelix
Hoenn: A Pokemon with Pick Up ability.
Sinnoh: Evolution of an earlier Generation Pokemon (Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Porygon-Z, Magnezone, Leafeon, Glaceon, Lickilicky)
Unova: Simsage/Simsear/Simpour
Kalos: Sylveon
Alola: Mimikyu/Alolan Exeggutor
Banned Types: Dark/Bug/Poison/Ghost/Psychic
Era Rules:
(Optional for Generation 2 onwards)Women's Suffrage - All your Pokemon have to be Female.
Efficiency Movement- You must pick up any item you come across.
Eliminate Corruption- You must sell lower grade items for at least 1 better grade item.

Mobster Mania

Era Types: Dark/Poison/Psychic, any Pokemon with a blade-like appendage
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Gengar (Haunter)
Johto: Crobat
Hoenn: Sableye
Sinnoh: Toxicroak/Honchkrow(Diamond Exclusive)
Unova: Scrafty
Kalos: Pangoro/Malamar
Alola: Salazzle/Alolan Raticate
Banned Types: Fairy, Flying, Normal, any cute Pokemon
Era Rules: Greed is a terrible thing. Your leading Pokemon must always hold the Amulet Coin. You must buy at least one of every item offered at the PokeMart.
High Roller- To obtain Game Corner prizes, you may only buy coins in order to use them to gamble and can only buy more if you run out.

The Sci-Fi Like Future
(the Time Machine didn't work)

Era Types: Electric/Steel/Psychic/Fairy
Mandatory Pokemon: Magnezone (or lesser evolutions)
Banned Types: Grass/Water/Ghost
Era Rules: You have complete freedom to use PokeMarts, but once better items are unlocked, you are not allowed to buy lesser quality items anymore.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Dark types to your team.

The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario

Era Types: Fire/Poison/Ghost, any Pokemon with a base defense equal to or greater than 115.
Mandatory Pokemon: One tough looking Bug type Pokemon
Banned Types: Fairy/Grass/Flying/Ice, Pokemon from the Human-Like Egg Group
Era Rules:
Salvage Rule- The shops have been destroyed for the most part so there's very little supplies left. You may only scavenge for (buy) the lowest grade items available (i.e. Potions, Pokeballs, Antidotes etc.)
Zombie Rule- At least one of your Pokemon must know the move "Bite".
Left 4 Dead Rule- You are only allowed to use PokeCenters when you arrive in a town for the first time, in order to create a checkpoint. If one of your Pokemon faints, you may not use the PokeCenter until your entire team faints.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Dark and Rock types to your team.

Time Rift

Era Types: Normal/Ghost/Psychic/Dragon/Fairy
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Alakazam (Kadabra)
Johto: Girafarig (Wobbuffet in Crystal)
Hoenn: Solrock/ Lunatone
Sinnoh: Chimeco
Unova: Sigilyph
Kalos: Trevenant/ Gourgeist
Alola: Bewear/ Oranguru/ Dhelmise
Banned Types: Water/Fire/Grass
Era Rules: You must use a main team(made out of Pokemon belonging to the Time Warp Era types and your mandatory Pokemon) throughout your challenge. This main team is the team you use to beat Kahunas, the Elite Four and the Champion.
Lost- Every time you reach a Badge/Trial, choose an Era. You may choose a type and a rule from said Era to use until you beat the next Gym. Eras may not be repeated (you may repeat Eras in Johto if you run out of choices).
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add Electric types to your team.
With that out of the way, here’s the list of games I will be playing for each era!

Jurassic Jam - Fire Red (Japanese Version)
Ice Age - Moon
Stone Age - Crystal
Bronze Age - Black (Japanese Version)
Egyptian Era - Platinum
Ancient India - Omega Ruby
Ancient Greece - Sun
Ancient Rome - Black 2
Medieval Era - Sapphire (Japanese Version)
Age of Discovery - Silver
Renaissance Era - Sword
The Pirate Golden Age - X
Industrial Revolution - Blue
Westward Expansion - Pearl
Progressive Era - HeartGold
Mobster Mania - Fire Red (English Version)
Sci-Fi Like Future - White
Post Apocalyptic Scenario - Ultra Moon
Time Rift - Gold

I’ll be starting this run very soon! I hope all of you enjoy it.

Last edited:

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Oh my goodness, that is a lot :surprisedazurill: I wish you the best of luck with this run!