Scramble Scrambling Through the Sinnoh Region - A Pokemon Platinum Scramble Challenge

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Hello all! I decided that I wanted to attempt a scramble for Platinum. With my team that I have been given, I will not be catching some of the pokemon at the earliest point that I can catch them just so I have a bit of time between team members being caught. Unlike my Wedlocke there will be no other major rules or implications that will be included.

Chapter One: A Scrambled Up Start
I was busy watching Professor Rowan on TV when Theseus my friend ran in yelling about going to see the Professor in order to get our first pokemon together. He made his usual joke about fining me for being late, on the way out mum told me that I could not go into the tall grass in the area because I could run into wild pokemon. Theseus told me after he collected his bag and journal that we were going to see the Professor, I tell him that we could not go through the grass because we didn't have pokemon. He reassures me that we would be fine if we just ran through as fast as possible. As we were about to take off we were stopped by an elderly gentleman who turned out to be Professor Rowan, I was taken aback as well as slightly star-struck, I have always wanted to be a Pokemon Researcher and professor aid. To both of our surprise, the Professor offered for us to have our own pokemon. I decide to take Chimchar as my pokemon and Theseus chose Piplup from the briefcase. After the professor and his assistant, Lucas left Theseus decided that we should have a pokemon battle. I, in the end, lost to him because after the number of growls that were used Chimchar was doing basically no damage.

After the battle, we headed back to our respected homes and I explained to mum what had happened to the pair of us and she wanted me to head to Sandgem Town to say thank you to the professor for what he had done. So as I was leaving town I ran into Theseus again who said that we should say thank you by catching the pokemon that lived in the lake that the pair of us played at when we were children. When we arrived we were met by a strange man who called himself Cyrus at this point Theseus realised that we did not have anything to catch said pokemon with. The pair of us decided to head to Sandgem town to see the professor. When I arrived I met up with Lucas who wanted me to see the professor who asked me to help him with the Pokedex! I, of course, agreed because this would help my want to work as a researcher. After getting the TM for Return from the professor Lucas showed me some of the ins and outs of being a trainer and said that I should go and let my mum know that I was going to work for the professor.

When I got back home I explained everything to mum and also was asked by Theseus' mum to deliver a parcel to him in Jubilife City. As I made my way back to meet Lucas he decided to show me how to catch pokemon. When he left I decided to try and see if there was something that I could catch for myself. I decided to catch a Shinx and call it Graves and moved on to battle the trainers in the area and arrived at Jubilife City where Lucas saw me again and we ended up meeting a gentleman called Looker. After that encounter, Lucas took me to the Trainers School where he had seen Theseus studying. After handing over his parcel which held two town maps (one of which he gave to me) I headed north and caught myself a Budew that I called Albus. Following this, I decided to train up some more before collecting a Poketech then headed out of town to make my way to Oreburgh City for the first gym battle. Before I could move very far forward I ran into Theseus again and he challenged me to a battle which was great because I needed some revenge from him beating me last time.

Arriving in Oreburgh City I discovered from Theseus that the gym leader Roak was in the mines and that I needed to go find him if I wanted to take on the gym and between using Dougal a little and using Albus we managed to beat Roak first time round. As well as this Dougal evolved into Monferno! With that being done I was given the Coal badge and headed back to the Pokemon Centre to rest up before continuing our journey tomorrow.

Team

Dougal
Level: 14
Nature: Modest
Ability: Blaze
Moveset:
- Mach Punch
- Leer
- Ember
- Taunt

Albus
Level: 14
Nature: Serious
Ability: Poison Point
Moveset:
- Mega Drain
- Growth
- Water Sport
- Stun Spore

Graves
Held Item: Quick Claw
Level: 10
Nature: Lax
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Leer
- Charge
HM Slave

Bidoof
Level: 3
Nature: Lax
Ability: Unaware
Moveset:
-Tackle
-Rock Smash

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Well, this looks like a good start. I see you went for Intimidate on Shinx. The other one is way to situational. You'll do fine. You got two Pokemon that will give you an edge against the Leader.

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Chapter Two: Trouble in the Wind(works)
After beating Roak I decided to head back towards Jubilife City after Theseus told me that I couldn't go to Route 207 because I didn't have a bicycle when back in Jubilife City I met up with Lucas and Professor Rowan as well as two people who call themselves Galactic Grunts who were wanting the Professor's research. Lucas and I ended up putting them in their place before I parted from them to head onwards to Floroma Town whilst I was there I ran into a little girl who said that Team Galactic was holding her father hostage at the Valley Windworks. So I decided to head over there, I was met of course, by a grunt who locked himself in the building when I beat him also mentioning that there were other grunts in the Floroma Meadow when I got there I took both of them on and beat them rather quickly. When I went back to storm through the Valley Windworks I continued going through the grunts Graves evolved into Luxio, I took on Mars and beat her with Graves and Dougal. Afterwards, the little girl and her father told me about a pokemon that visits the Valley Windworks. When I left I met up briefly with Looker explaining to him what had happened, I also saw the pokemon that the father and daughter were talking about I proceeded to catch it and call him Newt.

Following this, I decided that I would go up route 205 and continue into the Eterna Forest where I met a woman called Cheryl who wanted me to travel with her through the forest because she was nervous about Team Galactic so we make our way through the forest together and she gives me the soothe bell as a thank you which I give to Albus. I made my way out and to Eterna City where I met Theseus who showed me the statue of a legendary pokemon. On the way back a woman called Cynthia gave me cut and I then headed to the gym which I swept with Newt and Dougal. When I finished this I made my way to the Galactic Eterna Building where Looker informed me on what was going on. When I made it to the top floor I took on the second Galactic Admin, Jupiter. For saving him the cycle shop owner told me to stop by the shop, on my way I met Cynthia again and she gave me a pokemon egg. Inside the shop, I was given a bicycle and made my way onto Route 206, whilst in the area, I caught Onix who I named Seraphina in the Wayward Cave basement. In the main part of the cave, I met a young girl called Mira who I agreed to help her through the cave after we camped out together because of how late it was.

Team

Seraphina
Level: 20
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset:
- Screech
- Earthquake
- Rage
- Rock Tomb

Graves
Level: 22
Held Item: Quick Claw
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Leer
- Bite
- Spark

Dougal
Moveset:
- Mach Punch
- Flame Wheel
- Ember
- Brick Break

Albus
Held Item: Soothe Bell
Moveset:
- Mega Drain
- Growth
- Water Sport
- Stun Spore

HM Slave

Bidoof
- Rock Smash
- Cut

Togepi
- Flash

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Chapter Three: A Long Time Coming
After helping Mira out of the Wayward Cave I continued back through to Mount Coronet and met Cyrus again who mentioned that it may have been the source of the creation of Sinnoh. Not long after this, I arrived on Route 208 where I visited the Berry Master's house and I was given an Odd Key Stone by someone. After dealing with the trainers on the route I headed into Hearthome City where I ran into a wild Bunneary who was trying to escape from its trainer who happened to be involved with Contests. I made my way through town and found the contest hall where I found... My mum? I was aware that she did contests when she was younger but why would she be here? I hear that she wanted to travel seeing as I was no longer home which is understandable. I also happened to meet Fantina the gym leader I decided to explore the Amity Square as well before I headed to take on the gym which I manage to defeat with mainly Newt and Graves. As I was leaving Hearthome I ran into Theseus who challenged me to a battle and I now realise that my team does very well against him. After this, I head to Solaceon Town where I stay for a few days in order to look at the ruins and work for the newspaper in the area, I continue to make my way to Veilstone City and try to take on the gym but was beaten by Maylene's Lucario so I headed back to the Lost Tower to train up a bit. I will probably take her on again soon. So I decided to head up the Lost Tower, seeing as I did not get as much EXP as I wanted I decided to head south of Veilstone to continue training. When I was done I decided to head back to take Maylene on again and being a bit smarter with when I sent out Graves, I was able to intimidate her Lucario and I was able to beat her with Newt and Dougal (he fought her Machoke).

After this, Lucas found me explaining that Team Galactic had taken his Pokedex so I gave him a hand in getting it back. Following this, Looker showed up I followed him into the warehouse and picked up the HM for Fly. After this, I made my way towards Pastoria and on the way, Graves evolved into Luxray which made me feel very good about the upcoming fights I had seeing as I beat Theseus very easily in front of the Pastoria City gym. I decided afterwards to head to the Pokemon Centre to relax and that I would explore places like the gym and Great Marsh later on.

Team

Newt
Level: 31
Nature: Serious
Ability: Aftermath
Moveset:
- Payback
- Astonish
- Gust
-Shock Wave
(Giving this a full bio because I forgot to add it to my last update)

Albus
Level: 29
Held Item: Big Root
Moveset:
- Giga Drain
- Growth
- Toxic Spikes
- Stun Spore

Graves
Level: 30
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Leer
- Bite
- Spark

Seraphina
Level: 29
Held Item: EXP Share
Moveset:
- Screech
- Earthquake
- Slam
- Rock Tomb

Dougal
Held Item: Fist Plate
Moveset:
- Mach Punch
- Flame Wheel
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break

Last edited:

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Chapter Four: A Marshy Encounter
After relaxing in the Pokemon Centre I headed to the Great Marsh and did a little bit of catching managing to get a Tropius for my other HM Slave so that I can use all HMs between it and Bibarel. I also go back to Solaceon Town to continue catching Unown and I also continue my work with the Pokemon Press and doing some berry farming. After this, I headed back to the gym and take it on with Graves and Albus against the trainers. When it got to Wake I open with Newt against his Gyarados to take the Intimidate and weaken it with Shockwave and when he goes down weakening it further with Newt's aftermath. Following this, I use Grave and take it out with Spark. Next was Quagsire which I easily take out with Albus' Giga Drain. Finally, Graves takes out Floatzel with Spark. With the Fen Badge in hand I head back out and Theseus warns Wake and I that Team Galactic was about to set off a bomb in the Great Marsh. After Wake tells us not to follow him into the Marsh I take off after the Team Galactic Grunt that set the bomb off in the first place. Whilst in pursuit I run into Looker who was really late to the party with the bomb already going off. As I continue after the Grunt I end up fighting his Crogunk just before Valor Lakefront.

Following this, Cynthia tells me she was going to the lake to research the lake's folklore. Just as we are talking Theseus butts in mistaking Cynthia for my sister (which would be awesome), once it is noted that Cynthia and I are not related Theseus tells me that the Great Marsh is alright. Cynthia goes on to tell me when he left that she has something that can help with the Psyduck on Route 210 so that I can continue to Celestic Town. However, I decide to go to Route 212 instead to clear that and to go to the Mansion that Lucas mentioned to me when we were back in Veilstone City, mostly because the Exp could be useful in the future.

Team

Dougal
Level: 32
Moveset:
- Mach Punch
- Flame Wheel
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break

Newt
Held Item: Spooky Plate
Moveset:
- Payback
- Ominous Wind
- Gust
- Shock Wave

Albus
Moveset:
- Giga Drain
- Growth
- Toxic Spikes
- Stun Spore

Seraphina
Level: 33
Held Item: Hard Stone
Moveset:
- Dragon Breath
- Eathquake
- Slam
- Rock Tomb

Graves
Held Item: Amulet Coin
Moveset:
- Tackle
- Leer
- Bite
- Spark

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Chapter Five: A Team as Strong as Iron
After heading through Route 212 I made my way back to the Psyduck on Route 210, after moving them with the Secret Potion I made my way to Celestic Town, however, before I could talk to Cynthia's grandmother I had to deal with a Team Galactic Grunt outside of the ruins of the town. Once inside I heard some of the mythology of the creation of Sinnoh and during this, the Boss of Team Galactic Cyrus came in asking about it and then challenged me to a battle because I did not agree with his ideology. After beating him I was given Surf by Cynthia's grandmother after teaching it to my Bibarel I surfed in the small pond in Celestic Town and caught a couple of Psyducks and Golducks to see what natures I could get. In the end, I decided to go with one of the Psyducks who had a quiet nature just cause it boosted her special attack, I headed back to Eterna City and talked to the name rater and named her Tina. Following this, I went around the region and did a lot of what I knew I could do with Surf, excluding the routes south of Sandgem Town. I also headed to Fuego Ironworks and cleared that out. When this was done I headed to Canalave City, when I was there I met Theseus and he, of course, challenged me to a battle which was great because it caused both Dougal and Tina to evolve into Infernape and Golduck respectively. After the battle, I was told by him that I should head to Iron Island to train up more before my gym battle. Seeing as Dougal was one of my highest level pokemon I left him and Newt in the PC so that I could bring my Bibarel and so that I could pick up the egg from Riley.

After dealing with Iron Island I managed to find the Shiny Stone and the Metal Coat and I finally evolved both Seraphina and Albus. Following this, I headed to Sandgem Town and south of it to train up a little more leaving Dougal and Graves in the PC. After training on those routes and making it to the Pal Park I headed back to Canalave City and take on the gym. I lead the entire time with Dougal, Against Byron, I used Dougal against Magneton, I wanted to use Dougal to fight Steelix as well but sadly Focus Blast missed and he was taken out by Earthquake. I switched into Tina and used a turn to heal up Dougal for if I needed him against Bastiodon. Tina made short work of Steelix with a surf. I decided that instead of using Dougal that I wanted to use Seraphina against Bastiodon to take advantage of its times four weakness to ground moves and, sure enough, it went down in one Earthquake.

Once I beat Byron I met Theseus outside of the gym and he told me to head to the library which I did after healing up at the Pokemon Centre. Once inside the library, we met up with Professor Rowan and Lucas. The Professor wanted us to look at the mirage Pokemon of the three lakes of Sinnoh, however, not long into our discussion there was a massive tremor that shook the library we were in. Promptly we turned on the news to see what was going on, only to discover that Lake Valour (which I was meant to study) had encountered a massive explosion. We all rush outside and Theseus wastes no time with heading to Lake Acuity, Rowan asks for me to head to Lake Valour but to also be careful. I decided to not waste any time and Fly to Pastoria City, worried about what might happen now.

Team

Dougal
Level: 38
Moveset:
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break

Newt
Moveset:
- Payback
- Shadow Ball
- Air Cutter
- Shock Wave

Albus
Moveset:
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice
- Toxic
- Stun Spore

Seraphina
Level: 40
Held Item: Iron Plate
Moveset:
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Rock Tomb

Graves
Held Item: Magnet
Moveset:
- Thunder Fang
- Leer
- Bite
- Spark

Tina
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Cloud Nine
Held Item: Amulet Coin
Moveset:
- Disable
- Confusion
- Surf
- Fury Swipes

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Chapter Six: Causing a Galactic Storm
I arrived at Valor Lakefront to find that the water had been drained from the use of the bomb that I had seen on TV. After battling my way through the various grunts I made it into the cavern and was face to face with a new admin who I hadn't seen before known as Saturn. After battling him I was told that Mars was at Lake Verity so I rushed over there to help Lucas and the Professor there. When I reached Mars Lucas and I took her out together. Afterwards, I headed to Celestic Town to head into Mount Coronet so that I could get to Route 216 where I took out the trainers and then headed to Route 217 beating the trainers that I fought till I reached Lake Acuity where Theseus told me that I would need to beat the next gym leader in Snowpoint City to gain access to Rock Climb so I made my way to the gym. This was a very easy gym for me with both Dougal and Seraphina, Candice was a little tough so I had to do a little bit of reviving because Dougal went down in the fight. Once I beat her I headed back to Lake Acuity using Rock Climb where I saw that Jupiter had beaten Theseus, she told us that there was something that was happening at the Galactic Base in Veilstone City. After getting the TMs for Ice Beam and Psychic for Tina I headed to Veilstone City meeting with Looker and we started our attack of the Galactic Base. First I went through the Warehouse where I managed to pick up the TM for Sludge Bomb.

After this, I headed into the Veilstone Galactic HQ where I battled until I found the Speaking Room. I watched on with Looker as Cyrus spoke to his Grunts about creating this new world he wanted. As Looker said, for his age, he had quite a way with words. When the room cleared I continued on and battled more until I arrived in Cyrus' office he told me about what he was doing with the Lake Trio Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf before challenging me to a battle. He sent out Sneasel and Dougal took it out with one Close Combat. Against Crobat I decided to use Newt with Shock Wave which did much less than I thought so I swapped into Graves to also get off an Intimidate before using Thunder Fang which took out Crobat. I kept Graves out against Honchcrow after surviving a Feint Attack he used Thunder Fang but it didn't knock out Honchcrow so I had to heal, luckily I didn't need to worry about Cyrus healing because of the Sitrus Berry activating. Then I went for another Thunder Fang which knocked out Honchcrow and beat Cyrus. When I beat him he gave me the Master Ball and allowed me to continue on.

Before I headed on I turned back and healed up in the aptly named Team Galactic Nap Room before continuing on. What I was met with was bone-chilling, not only with the music but with what the scientists were saying about some kind of plan that went too far. I entered a room where Saturn and Charon were with the Lake Guardians. I took on Saturn to released them. Against Golbat I opened with Newt again but switched out when he flinched into Graves who finished the job with Thunder Fang. Against Bronzor I used Dougal's Flamethrower. I sent out Tina to take on Toxicroak with her newly taught Psychic attack after taking about half of her health to Poison Jab. After releasing the Guardians of the Lakes I was told about Cyrus using a Red Chain on Mount Coronet. I know now that time is of the essence to try and stop Cyrus' plans, whatever they are.

Team

Newt
Level: 42
Moveset:
- Payback
- Shadow Ball
- Air Cutter
- Shock Wave

Albus
Level: 42