DPPt Share Your Sinnoh Teams! What Pokemon did you use to beat Cynthia?

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
YOUR POKEMON
DIAMOND/PEARL/PLATINUM
TEAMS!

Hi everyone and welcome to my thread that is all about sharing your Sinnoh Teams with other members of Marriland forums!

One of my favorite things about Pokemon is how many different possibilities there are when you are playing through a Pokemon game and building a team. One of the first things I posted when I joined these forums was a thread where you guys could share your Kalos teams and I really enjoyed reading all of your responses. I love reading about other people's unique teams and I also like sharing my own. It's also fun to see how different (or similar) other people's teams are compared to mine. That is why I decided to make another similar thread, this time all about the Sinnoh teams from Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

So feel free to share the teams you used in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and/or Platinum!
You can share you first ever Sinnoh team or if you had multiple Sinnoh playthroughs then you can share your most memorable team or even both!
It would also be cool if you shared some memorable moments you experienced during your Sinnoh playthroughs.
Maybe you even discovered some new favorites after you used them on your Sinnoh team for the first time?

I'll start first again. :happyazurill:

So technically my first and only Sinnoh playthrough happened earlier this year on Pokemon Pearl. I tried to play the Sinnoh games multiple times in the past but they were to slow and sluggish for my taste so I would always quit before I even reached the 5th gym. This time however I had to complete my Pokemon Pearl because I had some Pokemon stuck on my Sapphire version that I wanted to transfer up to my Ultra Sun game.

I don't know if I'm more patient now compared to when I was a kid but I actually had a lot of fun during this playthrough of Pokemon Pearl.
While the games still feel a bit slow and even sluggish at times, it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered it to be and now I have more appreciation for Sinnoh than I originally did. Now let me finally tell you about the team I used during this playthrough.

My Pokemon Pearl team was: Caesar the Infernape, Valkyrie the Staraptor, Neptune the Floatzel, Amara the Mismagius, Shazam the Raichu and Toph the Steelix.
:infernape: :staraptor: :floatzel: :mismagius: :raichu: :steelix:

Some memorable moments that happened were:​
- randomly finding a shiny Wingull on Route 220 shortly after I obtained Surf HM​
- my Raichu taking down 4 of Bertha's Pokemon with Grass Knot after she let me set up a Nasty Plot for free​
- beating Cynthia with an underleveled team and without using Revives, the team was in the mid to high 40s (46-48)​
- switching between Staraptor and Steelix until I lowered Garchomp's attack to -4 and then beating it with a few Ice Fangs from Steelix​

Now it's your turn, share your Sinnoh teams!

Last edited:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Pokemon Diamond was the first time I actually put effort into training a team of six, rather than just using my starter and maybe one other Pokemon.

These games came out right around the time I entered middle school, which over 10 years ago now so my memory is a bit foggy. However, I'm pretty sure my team looked something like this.

As you can tell, a lot of early game Pokemon + Lucario because you get a free Riolu from doing the Iron Island sidequest.

I don't remember a whole lot about this team, except for the fact that Empoleon was the first Pokemon I ever raised to lv. 100. I think Pokemon Diamond was also the game I put the most hours into, somewhere between 200 and 300 which is a lot for me. I'm usually the type of person who stops playing after defeating the Champion.

One thing I also remember is that the very first Starly I ever caught was holding a Yache berry, which is only a 5%!! I had no idea how berries worked at that time so I think I just put it in my bag and never looked at it again. xD

My Platinum team was very similar because I'm unoriginal and liked a lot of the early game Pokemon. This is what the team looked like after defeating Cynthia.

Reactions: Zed

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
My first playthrough of a Pokemon game was Platinum. I grinded so hard to beat Cynthia, finally able to with:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
When I played through Pearl, I beat Cynthia with the following team:
Empoleon :empoleon: (Lv. 76)
Palkia :palkia: (Lv. 50)
Psyduck :psyduck: (Lv. 24)
Zubat :zubat: (Lv. 20)
Bibarel :bibarel: (Lv. 16)
Bidoof :bidoof: (Lv. 3)

I'll give you one guess as to the only Pokemon I was really using.

When I did my Platinum playthrough for AzuriPlays, I beat Cynthia with:

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Most recent playthrough, I think it was about a year ago. 5 of the 6 were great, you'll never guess who the outlier is

View attachment 7446View attachment 7447View attachment 7448View attachment 7449View attachment 7450View attachment 7451
Without looking up Gen 4 learnsets of these Pokemon I will guess that the weakest link was either Luxray or Altaria? I know a lot of people use Luxray because of it's design but most of them also say that using Shinx line in Sinnoh is an uphill battle. If it isn't Luxray then it has to be Altaria since it was arguably the weakest dragon until it got a mega in Gen 6.

When I played through Pearl, I beat Cynthia with the following team:
Empoleon :empoleon: (Lv. 76)
Palkia :palkia: (Lv. 50)
Psyduck :psyduck: (Lv. 24)
Zubat :zubat: (Lv. 20)
Bibarel :bibarel: (Lv. 16)
Bidoof :bidoof: (Lv. 3)

I'll give you one guess as to the only Pokemon I was really using.
I guess it's safe to assume that Pearl was your first, maybe second Pokemon game you ever played. Most of us used only our starters for the first couple of playthroughs. :)

That Platinum team of yours is awesome, I also wanted to use Rampardos since it's one of my favorite fossils but sadly it wasn't available in Pearl.