• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sword/Shield Spoiler Shinies Are Cool Bro, But What's Your Diglett Count?

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IST (GMT+5:30)
IGN
Gargee
IoA is great and everything but this is definitely the most frustrating thing I've encountered in any Pokemon game. Why does the Digging Dude have 151 Digletts just chilling around out of their Pokeballs or the PC? How did they cross the seas to reach those faraway islands? If they're gonna go back when you just talk to them, why don't they just go back on their own?

I've spent way too many hours on this stupid side-quest and I'm now giving up and running to YouTube for some step-by-steps, but before that, just thought I'd post here to see if I'm the only one this bad at it or if you guys are also struggling.

I've managed to find technically 88 Diglett -- so actually only 87 because the first one is found automatically -- without needing outside help. What about y'all?

(Edit: Just found one more in Honeycalm Sea as I was getting my Dragon Scale! 89/151 now.)

Last edited:

Vaporeon

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I’ll admit I find it pretty frustrating as well. I’ve found around 130 so far without looking anything up. The last 20 are proving to be a real pain to find.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
I'm down to the final 20, but I have 5 to find in the wetlands area. I can't find any at all? Beginning to think the game is bugged :P.

Rex

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
SW-5093-8160-1932
IGN
Ricky
I only had to look up the last one. I usually like these kinds of missions but this one definitely began to drag towards the end.

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
After seeing you guys' replies I decided to hold off on the looking up and now I have 103 Diglett (got my HA Litten yay) and a yelling from my dad for peering into my Switch Lite with my eyes way too close to the screen than is healthy.

I'm down to the final 20, but I have 5 to find in the wetlands area. I can't find any at all? Beginning to think the game is bugged :P.
Honestly, the Soothing Wetlands are the worst. I still have 10 left in the Wetlands lol. There is simply too much other stuff going on, with all the grass and fallen leaves and branches. Near impossible to spot Diglett hair. On the other hand, god bless the beachy areas!

I only had to look up the last one. I usually like these kinds of missions but this one definitely began to drag towards the end.
Yeah I feel like 151 is too much. I wouldn't even bother (okay I'm lying, of course I would, gotta catch 'em all or you have that itch in your brain + cannot let anything in the game be left unfinished!!! gotta empty ALL the Boutiques!!!), but the 6IV HA Diglett sounds like a tempting reward.

Vaporeon

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I finally got all mine and got that 6 IV Diglett! Thankfully it was a male, so I can use it for breeding.

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
I finally got all mine and got that 6 IV Diglett! Thankfully it was a male, so I can use it for breeding.
Oh yay, congrats! You gave me the idea to soft reset for a male 6IV Diglett (even though I'm quite a ways from catching 'em all yet), since it'll be a very helpful addition to my 5IV Ditto. Thanks!

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
Okay so many days have passed and I'm still no closer to completing this damned quest. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, maybe my eyesight is just that bad, but I still have 28 MORE DIGLETT to find. I don't even know what guides to look at. I tried Austin John Plays' one, but since I'm terrible with directions, I can't follow him because he's not continuous (he just cuts to different places instead of actually going to those places). Any guides you guys could suggest or any help will be appreciated! This is getting way too frustrating lol.

I have 28 Diglett left, divided so:
Soothing Wetlands: 5
Forest of Focus: 3
Challenge Beach: 3
Brawler's Cave: 1
Challenge Road: 2
Courageous Cavern: 1
Loop Lagoon: 1
Training Lowlands: 1
Workout Sea: 4
Insular Sea: 2
Honeycalm Sea: 2
Honeycalm Island: 1

I'm gonna go at it once more (and then once more, probably), but it's not looking very promising, my efforts. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
I hope this isn't thread revival but I FINALLY found all my Diglett! Woohoo! And a 6IV Jolly Male Alolan Diglett as well! I'd love to say I didn't use any guides because of my impeccable gaming ethic, but actually I tried using one or two and it made things even more difficult for me because of my appalling sense of direction. So I found 'em all myself. ^^

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
IGN
Anthrix
I hope this isn't thread revival but I FINALLY found all my Diglett! Woohoo! And a 6IV Jolly Male Alolan Diglett as well! I'd love to say I didn't use any guides because of my impeccable gaming ethic, but actually I tried using one or two and it made things even more difficult for me because of my appalling sense of direction. So I found 'em all myself. ^^
Congrats! I think it's nigh impossible without a guide, as they are so hard to see!

I tried using a guide, but gave up after a short while because I didn't find them all. Twas weird, I dunno if my game is bugged or I missed them or what. There's probably about 15 diglet still out there, just rotting.

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
Congrats! I think it's nigh impossible without a guide, as they are so hard to see!

I tried using a guide, but gave up after a short while because I didn't find them all. Twas weird, I dunno if my game is bugged or I missed them or what. There's probably about 15 diglet still out there, just rotting.
Thanks! I realized that when I was trying really hard to get them, I had like 11 left. Then I gave up (got a few 6IV breedjects for breeding) and only visited the Isle of Armor to do raids. And then whenever I was gonna do a raid, I just explored the area closest to the den and went farther and farther out. Somehow that really worked out for me. Honeycalm Island was a real hassle, but that was the last one, so I couldn't give up, and spent like almost an hour on it or something lol. Maybe that might work for you too? Just focusing on one tiny area at a time and using all the camera angles... (so painful, though)