Shiny Hunting Event (Month 1 Has Begun)

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
As you may or may not know, I'm a huge fan of shiny Pokémon and have been ever since Crystal came out, so I thought it'd be a neat idea for all you shiny hunters out there to come together and hunt for some shinies together. These may be shinies you have or shinies you don't have. Either way, let's have fun!

Description
Each month, a random number generator picks a number from 1-736 to determine which Pokémon will be featured for the month's hunt. During the month trainers will be tasked with finding the featured Pokémon's shiny variant. Legendary, Mythical or other Pokémon that can only be hunted for via soft resetting won't be included.

There will be places in multiple categories which include most shinies obtained, most amount of egg moves on a shiny (where applicable), how quickly you can obtain a shiny variant and any special mentions (eg, cutest name).

The featured Pokémon won't be announced until the event starts to prevent any preparation that may give someone an unfair advantage. At the end of each hunt, there will be 1 week's grace before the start of the next so we don't all get burnt out and these events are still fun. This can be reduced ongoing if the majority would like to.

Rules
All Marriland rules apply, as well as the following event specific rules.

1. All shinies caught before the event start date and time are NOT valid entries.
2. All shinies must have your OT. This means no trading any shinies you may have on other games, even if it was obtained during the event.
3. No use of emulators or ROMs. If you're found to be using an emulator, you will be disqualified and may be banned from future events.
4. All submissions must include a picture of the shiny and your OT. These pictures should be taken of your console by a phone.
5. You may use any legitimate means of obtaining a shiny, as long as it follows the above rules. This means no glitching or hacking in Pokémon.

NOTE: If there's enough interest in this event, I will run this event ongoing.​

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
Featured Pokémon

Anorith

Month 1 Start Date: 11/10/2018 9AM PST

Month 1 End Date: 12/09/2018 1PM PST

Last edited:

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
This is gonna be cool...I don't really consider myself an active shiny hunter but I still wanna try this! I wonder what the first Pokémon will be...

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
Pushed this event forward by a day so it starts on the weekend for all timezones (would've started on a Monday otherwise)

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
Featured Pokémon revealed! It's Anorith!

This event has officially begun! I know it's not 1PM PST, but I'm about to go to sleep and don't want to sleep through the start of this event.

Happy hunting! Post your findings here and feel free to just generally chat throughout this event!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Awesome! I'm totally going to soft reset for one in Omega Ruby.

Emilyeevee

Games and College Life
AKA
Emily
Time Zone
CT
If I want to hunt this in the current gen seems I'm going to have to do some MM as I have UM. So, best of luck with your hunting time for me to hunt around my pokebank and pull one over to begin my breeding journey.

JustCallMeBB

idiot
AKA
BB
Time Zone
Eastern Time
Switch FC
SW-8517-4377-3302
ooh this looks fun
hey @Screem, would it be too much trouble listing all the games and locations the featured pokemon can be found? I can do it myself if need be
that being said, I'll probably SR the fossil in Alpha Sapphire unless I already have one, in which case I'll MM

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
@JustCallMeBB That actually may be very handy. I'll take that into consideration, however I don't want to hand over all of the info needed and do want there to be some degree of difficulty.

Update on my progress this month (I won't be counting me but will be hunting along with everyone!) I'm up to the 4th gym badge in Alpha Sapphire and making my way through till I get the Go Goggles for the desert. Still not sure on whether I should SR or MM for this.

JustCallMeBB

idiot
AKA
BB
Time Zone
Eastern Time
Switch FC
SW-8517-4377-3302
@JustCallMeBB That actually may be very handy. I'll take that into consideration, however I don't want to hand over all of the info needed and do want there to be some degree of difficulty.

Update on my progress this month (I won't be counting me but will be hunting along with everyone!) I'm up to the 4th gym badge in Alpha Sapphire and making my way through till I get the Go Goggles for the desert. Still not sure on whether I should SR or MM for this.
Considering most of the challenge is patience, persistence, and random luck, I think it'd be fine to have that info handy. If you don't wanna do it though, that's fine too
also unfortunately I'm getting super busy so you probably won't see me posting about shiny gets until the week is over
speaking of, should we just post whenever we find a shiny or should we post at the end of the month? I assume posting when a shiny is gotten and then editing the post with each additional shiny would be the best

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
@JustCallMeBB post whenever you get a shiny. You can make multiple posts about shiny catches, as long as it follows Marriland rules) however editing you original post will make it a lot easier for me.

Lorekeeper

Rookie Trainer
I just wanted to say good luck to you all for this round! I will cheering you all on even if I can't really compete this time!

Emilyeevee

Games and College Life
AKA
Emily
Time Zone
CT
Thought I'd give a brief update to my hunt. I'm at 272 MM eggs without the shiny charm. But I've taken a break to try and complete my dex in US, which is curretnly at 88%, before continuing fully on with the hunt. So, we'll see how it goes. Best of luck to everyone else on the hunt for this lil bug.
Meanwhile, a little off topic of this hunt, while training on audino in ultra space I managed to find a shiny audino so I guess, even if I don't get anorith this month I got some sort of shiny.

Last edited:

JustCallMeBB

idiot
AKA
BB
Time Zone
Eastern Time
Switch FC
SW-8517-4377-3302
Thought I'd give a brief update to my hunt. I'm at 272 MM eggs without the shiny charm. But I've taken a break to try and complete my dex in US, which is curretnly at 88%, before continuing fully on with the hunt. So, we'll see how it goes. Best of luck to everyone else on the hunt for this lil bug.
Meanwhile, a little off topic of this hunt, while training on audino in ultra space I managed to find a shiny audino so I guess, even if I don't get anorith this month I got some sort of shiny.
shiny charm is so worth the time, so good luck with that
also grats on the shiny! even if it isn't the catch for this month lol

I got through about 60 runs soft resetting the fossil before I realized that my odds with MM are higher and would just be overall faster so I'm switching to that

Screem

Sir Premium
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
+8 GMT
Switch FC
SW-4503-9262-0045
Looks like everyone is doing a lot better than I am. I've been very very occupied with Let's Go (at least over 30 hours in-game time clocked already) so I've not had much of a chance to get back to the Anorith. I'm currently going to aim to be back on track by Wednesday.

@Emilyeevee congrats on the Audino! Hope you have better luck after getting the shiny charm.

Emilyeevee

Games and College Life
AKA
Emily
Time Zone
CT
Ok. Got distracted with college, finals coming soon, but I'm binging MMing these anorith as long as I feel like tonight/ maybe until midnight. We'll see. Best of luck to those you still hunting!

Edit: Just realized we have until the 9th of next month. For some reason was thinking it ended at midnight tonight. I'll keep going though for tonight.

Last edited:

JustCallMeBB

idiot
AKA
BB
Time Zone
Eastern Time
Switch FC
SW-8517-4377-3302
captain's log. day 22.
rations are running low. i haven't been getting enough sleep. 1200 eggs in and i still haven't found the elusive shiny anorith. that puts me well over double odds. i have never had to pass 1000 eggs for a shiny before, and hope is draining fast.
what was hunting on and off over the course of these past few weeks has turned into actively hatching hundreds of eggs a day. as the deadline rapidly approaches and final exams threaten to take up my free time, all i can hope to do for now is push forward and keep hatching eggs before my time is up.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
this is such a cool event, I'll try to participate in next month's hunt!!