Sick music in video games

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
OK look I've wanted to talk about this for at least 4 days so I'm gonna make a thread here documenting some of my favourite tracks in video games. Feel free to also comment your favourite tracks as well and stir up some discussion

I'll probably post at least a few new tracks a week, more if I'm really feeling myself

Alright let's start off with some bangers

Blue Skies and a Battle (Thunder) - Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Three houses was certainly no slouch in the music department, but this is by far the best track from the game. Other standouts include the mission preparation theme and the paralogue battle themes.

Aquarium Park Act 2: Sonic Colours

Ok this song is so chill i'm just rocking my head back and forth and just vibin. This song is nearly completely the antithesis of what a sonic song should be, fast and upbeat to match the speed, but this is a noticeable exception

Sacred Tomb: La-Mulana Remake

This is probably my favourite game that nobody has played. A large reason for that is because the OST is full of slaps. For songs that you are going to be hearing a lot of, they manage to maintain the perfect blend of uplifting heroics and tense exploration. Truly fitting for the perfect Indiana Jones game.

Crossing Fate (P4A ver.): BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle

You know how Persona 4 had that really iconic pop style that helps to set it apart from the other Persona games? Here it's translated wonderfully into a song of a different genre and musical style incredibly well, showing that we're in a different ballpark, but still carrying that Persona 4 tone and vibe.

Tell me some of your favourite OSTs below and lets get some conversations rolling

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
u wanna talk about sonic (edit what u talking about flo i totally read the sonic part in its entirety and didn't just assume it was mania) and u don't bring this up

SANIC MANIA STUDIOPOLIS ZONE ACT 2

also if we wanna talk about sick game tracks the most criminally underrated in recent memory is the entirety of Furi

Furi uses many different talented artists to create a consistently amazing soundtrack and you gotta give it respect
Literally every single track is a bop in its own way
You can get some high octane **** or get some more melancholy existential stuff
It's BEAUTIFUL man
do yourself a favor and at the v least listen to these 4 tracks

Last edited:

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Reactions: Flo

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Incoming!

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
My taste isn't one to hold in high regard because I listen to **** like this, but if I had to pick like...ONE track....that isn't Pokémon...it would be....

Fight With Seymour

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin

Wheegalure

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST
ok thats it I've let this facade go on long enough

time to do my job, I suppose

Cape Crustacean- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

it was inevitable that I'd get around to this, and we've got some SLAPPERS coming up. Just tell me this song just doesn't fit the aesthetic of something like a sonic game? It's vibin man.

Final Boss- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Oh it's all coming together. Jake Kaufman really knows how to capture the emotion in tracks, both ambient and dynamic, and when it comes to facing what is essentially the biggest bad in the history of the series, you'd need an appropriate theme to represent that. Just take a listen and tell me this boss isn't threatening by theme alone.

Day Travel- Shantae: Risky's Revenge

Risky's Revenge has such a varied collection of slaps, but this one really stands out as a theme you're going to be hearing a lot of, but helps to keep the energy and vibe going, while keeping the iconic Shantae feel. Also it has some grimy breakdowns.

Zombie Town- Shantae

Disco banger time. I'm sad that the unique town aspect was never explored in future titles, but who knows what Seven Sirens may bring us. While some of the themes got shifted into character themes, such as Water Town becoming SKy's Theme, it is a shame this one never got another time in the spotlight.

Dragonite

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
So I noticed that the songs getting posted are tending not to be the total blockbuster ones, so I put some actual thought into this. I don't think any of these are completely obscure but they're not, like, Dragon Roost popular or anything. Ahh, Dragon Roost.

Tales of the Abyss - Meaning of Birth

This was actually my introduction to the Tales series, believe it or not, and I ended up buying Tales of the Abyss because of it. Did not regret.

Super Paper Mario - Proof of Existence

I feel like this song is a bit of an enigma in Super Paper Mario, it doesn't really sound like anything else in the game that I can think of. But I'm glad it's there. I kind of wish it played in more than exactly one scene at the very end of the game, but then again, that would probably cheapen the experience a bit because of what it is.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Happy Hogwarts

Maybe not Hall of Fame material but this one pretty much defined my childhood until I discovered the Internet.

Backyard Sports - Pablo Sanchez's song

If you like sports games that are actually good this song will either instill feelings of joy or dread inside you. STOP GOING DEEP OFF ME, PABLO.

Fire Emblem Awakening - id (Purpose)

I don't know anything about Fire Emblem other than that this song needs more love.

Will probably add more when they come to mind.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew

Cynical Toast

gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Charlie
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
music

Kingdom Valley - Sonic 06

very good song from a very good game

Jetpack Levels - Crash 2 (N. Sane Trilogy)

these levels were bad but this music was good

Lower Norfair - Super Metroid

doesn't sound quite right without the low health beeping

MEDIC! - Team Fortress 2

they'll update the game any day now, just you watch

Sweden - Minecraft

ah to be 12 again, what good times.

Title Screen - Crazy Bus

Gank-Plank Galleon - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

honestly still gets me hyped to play as king k rool

Megolovania - Undertale

Sans is in Smash

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin

Flo

Seventh Siren
Time Zone
BST

Dragonite

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Okay I'll open with the one everyone expects from me: Fragrance of Dark Coffee from Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations.

Now for something a little more obscure: I Can See Into Forever from The Blackwell Convergence (picking one bit of music out of this series was tough)

And of course it wouldn't be a list of my favorite video game tracks without some mention of Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines: Isolated, a song heard in a nightclub called Asylum.

One more for good measure: The trial music from Danganronpa.

Rydia

ye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
Hey cool thread, here's some songs that are fresh in my mind recently

Theme X - Xenoblade Chronicles X
I haven't played this game myself, but i really like this song

Ikoroshia - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Danganronpa has a bunch of bangers but this song in particular stands out to me. box 15 from the first game was funky as **** but then i heard this song and i fell in love

A Long Fall - Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
Anybody who knows me knows that i play ff14 too much, so I gotta put a song in from there. shoutout to crystal tower in this song briefly from ff3

Brachydios' Theme - Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
Monster hunter world was my favorite game last year and the iceborne expansion is one of my favorite games this year. I feel like i'm saving the world when i'm hearing this song

Main Menu Theme - Borderlands 3
Bl3 is another game i've been playing too much of lately and i absolutely love this menu theme