Nuzlocke Slowpoke's Pokemon GenerationLocke - Crystal - Part 9: The Finale

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Hi guys

So this will be the second leg of out GenerationLocke. This time in a game which I have a real soft spot for. Johto is my favourite region and overall Crystal just had rakes of charm. The region is more balanced than red, the sprites have personality in spades and it just such a good game.

Current order of games. The order is currently Red, Crystal, Emerald, Fire Red, Platinum, Heart Gold, White, White 2, X and then Ultra Sun. This order is subject to change. A lot of people breed off their champion team to the next game. I am undecided if I will be implementing this rule, if I do then it won't be until the 3rd generation of games due to it being hard to send between the eshop versions of Red and Crystal. I would like to hear weather you think I should implement this rule.
So without further ado, lets go over the rules of this run.

Standard Nuzlocke rules will apply this time.
  1. I will only be able to catch the first Pokemon I encounter on each route
  2. If a Pokemon dies I will be considering it dead to be released or boxed
  3. All Pokemon will be nicknamed, this time the name theme will be fruits and veg
  4. If I encounter a shiny I will be allowed to catch and use it
  5. If I encounter a Pokemon from an evolution line I've already caught it will not count as my first encounter
  6. I will be trying to not over level my Pokemon but this is not a hard rule

Pokemon: Vileplume
Nickname: Fall
Type: Grass, Poison
Level 42
Moveset: Mega Drain, SolarBeam, Stun Spore, Cut
Notes: This guy finished off the run as the only sole survivor for my Red Nuzlocke. I had neglected her a lot over the run due to Grass not being effective for a large portion of the day but she came in clutch for the victory

Common tags I'll be using

Here I'll be writing about the events of the part

Quick summary of the events

Our current Pokemon

Pokemon in the box

Those that we've lost

Will be keeping track of all my catches for the run here. This is mostly for my benefits but it's there if you want to read it

Part 1 - Here We Go Again
Started my adventure. Our hero this time will be called Alex. Went downstairs and go the Pokegear. Told Mom that I know how to use the phone and then she told me anyway. Went to visit the professor and he asks us to go run and errand for him. he asks us to go visit Mr Pokemon for him and he even gives us our own Pokemon to borrow. i have a real soft spot for the Gen 2 starters, especially Totodile and Chikorita, because of this I picked my started based on the last number of my trainer ID. 1-3 would be Cyndaquil, 4-6 would be Totodile and 7-9 would be Chikorita. My number was 5 so we got Totodile as our starer. Naming theme is fruit and veg so we name our new friend Melon. Seen a guy starting into the lab and then he kicked me. Fought a wild Pidgey, Melon was engulfed by a holy light. Turns out it was just a berry because these games have hold items now. Met Mr Pokemon and got the egg. Oak gave us the Pokedex and we started to head back. Defeated Chikorita using Rage as he didn't have any elemental moves yet. We Named our rival Silver and got given the Pokeballs.

Nuzlocke Start!

Caught a Pidgey on Route 29, called him Pineapple. Headed up to Route 46 and killed out encounter, a Spearow. Got the map add on for the Pokegear. Caught a Caterpie on Route 30, Pea. Super excited about Pea because I absolutely love Butterfree for early game especially in Johto. Pineapple died to the first trainer battle in the game. Yes you heard that right, I suck, okay? We caught a Bellsprout on Route 31, this is exciting because I've actually never had a chance to use a Bellsprout. Zubat was caught in the dark cave named Apple. I could trade Bellsprout for Onix, I'm unsure as to wether this should be allowed and I'm pretty undecided. Caught Potato the Ghastly in Sprout Tower. my main focus here was to power level Pea for the Elder Li and Falkner fight. Evolved Pea just before the Elder Li fight. Both Bellsprout were 1 hit by Pea's Confusion. Hoot Hoot was defeated by Melon spamming Rage. I then trained everyone up to around level 7 before taking on the gym.

Falkner Fight

I was relying on Pea for this fight even though he was a bit overlevelled.
Pidgey got 1 hit with a Confusion crit.
Pea confused Pidgeotto with the first Confusion and then he took 2 more Confusions before we won. Badge get!
Lastly we grabbed the egg for Professor Elm

Got our starter. A Totodile named Melon
Beat our rival Silver
Caught Pineapple the Pidgey on Route 29
Killed our Spearow encounter on Route 46
Caught Pea the Caterpie on Route 30
Pineapple died to Youngster Joey
Caught Sprout the Bellsprout on Route 31
Caught Apple the Zubat in Dark Cave
Caught Ghastly named Potato in Sprout Tower
Beat Falkner

Pokemon: Totodile (Water)
Nickname: Melon
Level: 10
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Rage

Pokemon: Butterfree (Bug/Flying)
Nickname: Pea
Level: 12
Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Harden, Confusion

Pokemon: Gastly (Ghost/Poison)
Nickname: Potato
Level: 7
Moves: Hypnosis, Lick

Pokemon: Bellsprout (Grass/Poison)
Nickname: Sprout
Moves: Vine Whip, Growth

Pokemon: Zubat (Poison/Flying)
Nickname: Apple
Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic

Pokemon: ???

None Currently

Pineapple the Pidgey, died to Youngster Joey

New Bark Town: Totodile
Route 29: Pidgey
Route 30: Caterpie, Pea
Route 31: Bella prout, Sprout
Route 46: Spearow, killed
Dark Cave: Zubat, Apple
Sprout Tower: Gastly

So that took a while to type out. 2 questions, should in game trades be allowed if I have the Pokemon required? I will be doing trade evos either way but I'll get my original Pokemon straight back. Should I breed down my champion offspring in later games starting in gen 3?

SkylarAlpha

Regular Trainer
Personally, I'd say in game trades are fine, but they should also count as a first encounter for the area. (So getting Rocky for example, you wouldn't be allowed to use Togepi). That's just my opinion though :)

I'm not really a fan of breeding down champion offspring, since it doesn't really promote variety throughout your generationlocke. It's a lot more fun seeing people use Pokémon they didn't use in the previous game. But again, if you want to do it, you should! It's your challenge after all :)

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Part 2 - Down the Well
Headed out of Violet City onto Route 36. We found a Growlithe which was wierd because I didn't even know you could find them there. i got him pretty low but he broke out of the ball twice before using Roar, ending the battle. We got the Miracle Seed and gave it to Sprout to boost his Grass type moves. Encountered and caught a Rattata on Route 32, named him Pear. I was offered a Slowpoke tail but I did't have the cool 1 mil required. I was babysitting Apple but it is very slow going. Zubat doesn't learn a good move forever but Crobat is so good it'll be worth it. if I can get him to survive that long. Swapped into Sprout while fighting a Goldeen and it had Peck. He lived with literally 1HP. Caught a Geodude in the Union Cave named Berry. Explored the Union Cave keeping all my teams levels fairly even. Got the TM for Swift. Caugth Carrot the Spearow on Route 33. Entered Azalea Town, the well was blocked off by a memeber of Team Rocket. It's actually my favourite town because it's where all the Slowpoke live. Spoke to Kurt and he ran off to save the town.

Pea got wrapped in the well but then I remembered that the move isn't completely busted in this gen (looking at you Gen 1.) Defeated Team Rocket in the Slowpoke Well. Found a Slowpoke in the well named Strab. I really want to use her but I already have a Water type and Pea already knows a Psychic type move. Egg hatched into a Togepi. It will count as my encounter for Violet City because that's where I Got the egg, named lettuce. Withdrew Berry the Geodude instead of Lettuce. He will be my main strategy for Bugsy and Witney.

Bugsy Fight

Solo'd him with Berry using Rock Throw.

Rival Battle

Berry 1 hit Gastly with Magnitude.
Pea poisoned Bayleaf and then used 4 or 5 more Confusion to kill him, he was so tanky.
Pea 1 hit Zubat with Confusion.

Caught a Paras in the Ilex Forest, Orange

Lost a Growlithe encounter
Caught Pear the Rattata
Got the Old Rod
Almost lost Sprout to a Goldeen
Caught Berry the Geodude in Union Cave
Saved the Slowpoke's
Caught Strawb the Slowpoke
Beat Bugsy with Berry, easy fight
Beat the rival as well
Caught Orange the Paras in the Ilex Forest

Pokemon: Totodile (Water)
Level: 14
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Rage, Water Gun

Level: 15
Moves: Tackle, PoisonPowder, Stun Spore, Confusion

Moves: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Mean Look

Moves: Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap

Level: 11
Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic

Pokemon: Geodude (Rock/Ground)
Nickname: Berry
Level: 18
Moves: Magnitude, Defense Curl, Mud-Slap, Rock Throw

Orange
Strawb
Carrot
Pear
Lettuce

Violet City: Togepi, Lettuce
Route 31: Bellsprout, Sprout
Route 32: Rattata, Pear
Route 33: Spearow, Carrot
Route 36: Growlidthe which used roar
Union Cave: Geodude, Berry
Ilex Forest: paras, Orange

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Congrats on beating the first two gyms already! Seems like the run is starting off smooth for you, besides the early death of poor Pineapple.

I typically decide against in-game trading whenever I do a challenge run. Because you can't rename them, they never truly feel like yours. Using Pokemon you caught and named yourself causes you to develop a closer bond with them, which makes Nuzlockes more fun in my opinion.

As for breeding your champion team, I agree with Skylar. I think your team will be more varied if you don't send over your champion team, which will be more fun. In fact, I think some people actually implement a rule that they can't use Pokemon they already brought into the Elite Four again in subsequent parts of the Generationlocke, just to promote variety. It's your challenge of course, so you should do what you think is most fun, but just something to consider. :)

Anyway, it seems like you're on a roll, so keep it up!

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
I actually agree with you guys for the breeding thing. I've seen it before and didn't know how essential it was to the legitimacy of the challenge. It's also such a faff breeding and sending Pokemon over to other games.
I will be implementing the dupes over Elite 4 team, will get it added to the rules.
I think trade pokemon will depend but I'm leaning towards no at the moment.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Part 3 - Milking It?
Welcome back everyone. Short update this one but I'd rather do one update every badge than leave it too long. This means that some parts will be a lot longer and some will be shorter. Anyway, lets begin.

So we chased Farfetch'd about the Ilex Forest forever. We got the cut TM and gave it to Sprout. We started making our way through the forest. We taught headbutt for Berry. This should be useful for getting some headbutt encounters in some towns. Caught Cabbage the Hoot Hoot on Route 34. I have caught so many Pokemon that I love so much in this run but can't fit them on the team right now. I got the odd egg from the breeding couple. I already got an encounter on this route but I'm making an exception for the odd egg seeing as how special to Pokemon Crystal is.

Entered Goldenrod city and started exploring. I went underground and fought all the trainers there. We got the bicycle from bike shop. Went back to Route 34 to train. Got Gina's number because I'm pretty sure she's the Leaf Stone girl. The plan was to train the team to around 18ish since Miltank is 20. Melon evolved into Croconaw. After everyone was leveled up I rode the bike up and down waiting for the egg to hatch. I was hoping for a shiny as I got shiny Tyrouge in a previous playthrough. Egg hatched into a regular Elekid which I named Pepper. Will keep him on the team for now because I've never used one.

Whitney Fight

Planned to use Geodude in order to counter the Rollout.
Led with Melon against Clefairy. I'm continuing to abuse Rage. Double Slap triggered Rage 4 times in one turn, giving me a pretty high damaging Rage.
After fighting Clefairy I abandoned the Geodude strat and kept Melon in to abuse Rage some more.
Killed Miltank in 3 Rage attacks. Wait? The run ender didn't kill any of my Pokemon? Well this is a first for me.

Got Cut
Caught Cabbage the Hoot Hoot
Got the Odd Egg
Trained the team to level 18
Egg hatched into Pepper the Elekid
Melon evolved into Croconaw
Beat Whitney by abusing Melon's Rage attack, no casualties

Pokemon: Croconaw(Water)
Level: 20
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Rage, Water Gun

Moves: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Mean Look

Pokemon: Elekid (Electric)
Nickname: Pepper
Level: 9
Moves: Quick Attack, Leer, Dizzy Punch, ThunderPunch

Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite

Level: 19
Moves: Magnitude, Defense Curl, Mud-Slap, Rock Throw

Orange
Strawb
Carrot
Pear
Lettuce
Sprout
Cabbage

Route 34: hoot hoot, Cabbage

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Part 4 - Spooky Scary Ghosties
It's been a few days since the last update. We started training Apple for Morty. This was before I realized that half my Pokemon would have bite or be strong against Morty's Pokemon. Picknicker Gina called to give me a gift and it was a Leaf Stone. Fought a guy that had 4 Voltorb, it seemed a bit excessive. I mean, I love Slowpoke but would have maybe max 3 on a team, not 4. Gina called me again for another Leaf Stone, uhm okay, back to Goldenrod I go then. Caught Banana the Psyduck on Route 35. Played the bug catching contest and killed my Weedle encounter. Got Spinerak called Grape on Route 37. Got Kiwi the Eevee for my Goldenrod encounter. Jolteon will be unavailable to me as I had one for my Red Elite 4 team.

Fought the Kimono girls without many issues. Got the Surf TM and taught it to Melon. Explored the burned tower, didn't see any dead Pokemon so that was a plus. Caught Goose the Koffing in the Burned Tower. Rival battle, I learned that Geodude was going to be good against Morty because of no Levitate ability in Gen 2. Caught Milky the Miltank on Route 38. Pea is looking a bit on the weak side at this point. Butterfree is really only good for the start of the game. Trained everyone to level 23 apart from Potato the Gastly as there's too many normal types around to train him. Bought some Awakenings to prep for the evil Gengar.

Morty Fight

Led with Berry.
Gastly used Curse and then died to Magnitude 6.
Swapped to Melon and killed Haunter with 2 bites.
Swapped to Apple for the second Haunter and it took one bite before cursing herself.
Changed to Berry again for Gengar. Gengar used Hypnosis but it didn't work, he then died in 1 hit to a Magnitude 8. This was super odd because Gengar usually wipes half my team when I'm against Morty.
Got Shadow Ball and taught it to Potato

Got a Leaf Stone
Got a Second Leaf Stone
Killed our bug contest Weedle
Caught Banana the Psyduck on Route 35
Caught Spinerak called Grape on Route 37
Got Kiwi the Eevee. It won't be able to become a Jolteon
Got the Surf TM
Won the burned tower rival battle
Caught Milky the Miltank on Route 38
Encountered an Entei while training, it fled
Beat Morty

Pokemon: Croconaw(Water)
Level: 24
Moves: Scratch, Bite, Rage, Surf

Level: 23

Moves: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Shadow Ball

Moves: Quick Attack, Light Screen, Dizzy Punch, ThunderPunch

Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite, Confuse Ray

Level: 24
Moves: Magnitude, Headbutt, Mud-Slap, Rock Throw

Orange
Strawb
Carrot
Pear
Lettuce
Sprout
Cabbage
Banana
Grape
Goose
Milky

Route 35: Psyduck, banana
Route 37: Caught Spinarak, Grape
Route 38: Miltank, Milky
National Park: Killed Weedle
Burned tower : Koffing, Goose

tacobowler

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Was waiting for you to update the other one lol. Looking good so far. I love the bellsprout line, but not sure if it's still as good before the physical/special split, so keep that in mind. I usually allow in game trades, but count the encounter for both sides of it (so the one I traded away still counts, and it can only happen if I got that encounter correctly in the run. Then the traded pokemon counts for the location where the trade happened). That said I usually don't do that because they can disobey and that creates too much unknown for me.

Looking good and good luck!

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Part 5 - Casulties at Sea?
So life has been a bit busy this week so there hasn't been much time for an update. So I started the part by heading onto Route 38. Potato was leading the party because they were going to be my main party member for Chuck. Route 38 and 39 were fairly easy. With the addition of Shadow Ball Potato is starting to hit pretty darn hard. We saw our rival and he didn't want to battle. Brutally murdered our Route 39 Meowth encounter. Got the Good Rod. Got Strength. Finally evolved Potato into Haunter. Thinking of swapping out Pea the Butterfree soon because he's starting to tickle, pretty much dead weight on the team. We made our way up the lighthouse and met one sick Ampharos. Killed a Tentacool surfing to Olivine City. Got Kiwi the Eevee out of the box to replace Pea on the team. Pea is still alive but placed in the box. Berry evolved into Graveller. We met Eusine again and had a battle. He was pretty easy because most of his Pokemon have a Ground type weakness. Trained everyone to level 27 except Kiwi for Chuck. Kiwi will be switch trained later on.

Chuck Fight

Led with Potato.
Killed Primeape with 2 Shadow Ball.
Poliwrath came out and used Hypnosis.
Poliwrath used Surf and it took 3 quarters of Potatos health.
I switched to Melon the Croconaw and things went bad.
Poliwrath used Surf on the switch in.
Then Dynamic punch which confused Melon.
Since Melon was confused and moving second he hurt himself and died.
Changed into Pepper the Elekid and killed Poli with Thunder Punch.
Boxed Melon reluctantly and got Strawb the Slowpoke out of the box.

Went through Route 38 and 39
Killed a Meowth encoutner on Route 39
Went up the lighthouse
Surfed over to Olivine
Melon Died to Poliwrath
Beat Chuck

Pokemon: Slowpoke(Water/Psychic)
Nickname: Strawb
Level: 8
Moves: Curse, Tackle, Growl

Pokemon: Eevee (Normal)
Nickname: Kiwi
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Growl

Pokemon: Haunter (Ghost/Poison)
Level: 29
Moves: Hypnosis, Night Shade, Spite, Shadow Ball

Level: 27
Moves: Quick Attack, Swift, Dizzy Punch, ThunderPunch

Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite, Confuse Ray

Moves: Magnitude, Strength, Mud-Slap, Rock Throw

Orange
Carrot
Pear
Lettuce
Sprout
Cabbage
Banana
Grape
Goose
Milky
Pea

Melon the Croconaw, died to Chuck's Poliwrath

Last edited:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Shame you lost your starter, but Slowpoke should be a decent replacement!

Have you considered adding Miltank to the team? It's a Pokemon you don't see used very often in challenge runs despite it being such a threat on Whitney's team. I've used one a couple of times in HGSS and it's honestly quite good!

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
I would consider swapping Eevee out for it if I'm honest. I don't know what it is but I usually stay away from normal types. It might make the run more unique though so I'll probably add it to the teamm

Edit: Seems I forgot to update my teams levels and evolutions. Will do it when I get home tonight.

tacobowler

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Normal types are so deceptively good. They're not STAB super effective against anything, so we don't often use them because we can't match up. But there's also nothing that's good against them except fighting, which is pretty easy to avoid. And many have very high attack stats with powerful STAB moves like Body Slam and Slash; and a few learn bite and crunch. They can be really good and often not an angle teams are built to counter. Just a thought.

Sucks about the starter, but I think you'll be doing okay with slowpoke. I always like to see someone use their favorites! Do you have the ability to trade and evolve that haunter and graveller? If not, turning Kiwi into an Umbrion and boxing Haunter eventually might be something to consider.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Part 6- Insert Witty Title Here?
Rearranged the team after fighting chuck. I had thrown Kiwi on the team but decided to try using Milky the Miltank. I was in a bit of an awkward spot because now I had to train up 2 new members of the team. Route 42 I caught Eggplant the Ekans. I started training in Mount Mortar for a little bit. Found a Seaking for my first non dupes encounter and it broke out of every Pokeball I had, probably about 10 Pokeballs and maybe 6 Great Balls. it broke out of all of them. We entered Mahogany Town before going up to the north. Caught Corn the Sentret on Route 43. Realized that Pepper had the Quick Claw so I did the sensible move and gave it to Strawb. Killed the red Gyarados with a crit... oops. Fought through the Rocket Hideout without many issues. Found a wild Volrorb though it used Self Destruct on Berry. Taught Milky Dynamic Punch and Rollout although I'll have to be careful with Rollout as it could easily end up with my Pokemon being dead. Milky then promptly died to an Electrode using Self Destruct in literally the next fight. yes that happened and yes I'm that stupid. Next we headed up to the grass by the lake and trained everyone up to a minimum of level 28. Pepper evolved into Electabuzz and Apple evolved into Crobat allowing me to finally teach the Fly HM.

So we headed off to the Ice gym. i decided to do this one before the Steel type gym due to the level difference. Fighting a Jynx I stupidly swapped into Berry and he died to an Ice Punch. So I did what any good man would do, I fled from the gym once the battle was over. I picked up Sprout out of the PC because I was unsure what Pokemon to pick, I was heavily considering my Ekans though.

Gym Battle

I got so excited for solving the puzzle that I entered the gym battle without healing. No bother, Pepper used 1 Thunder Punch on Seel.
I used Strawb on Piloswine. He took 1 surf and then healed.
2 more Surfs finished him off.
Dewgong took 2 Thunder Punches from Pepper which got us out badge.

We still have to go back and do the Steel gym. I'm currently unsure of my strategy for this one. I might try and do some training somewhere. My main strategy was going to be Berry for the Magnemite. I could teach Strawb the Dig TM but then I'd be fighting Electric with a Water type. Maybe I could train him up in the hope of tanking Electric moves. I'm also considering evolving Potato into Gengar soon.

Added Milky to the team
Caught eggplant the Ekans on Route 42
Killed a Seaking in Mount Mortar
Caught Corn the Sentret on Route 43
Killed Red Gyarados
Milky died to an Electrode using Explosion
Evolved Pepper into Electabuzz
Evolved Apple into Crobat
Berry died to Jynx in the Ice gym
Withdrew Sprout
Badge get!

Level: 29
Moves: Curse, Confusion, Growl, Surf

Level: 28
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack

Level: 30

Level: 32

Level: 28
Moves: Leech Life, Fly, Bite, Confuse Ray

Level: 16
Moves: Vine Whip, Growth, Sleep Powder, Cut

Orange
Carrot
Pear
Lettuce
Cabbage
Banana
Grape
Goose
Pea
Eggplant
Corn

Milky the Miltank, died to an Electrode explosion
Berry the Graveller, died to a Jynx in the Ice gym

Route 42: Ekans, Eggplant
Route 43: Sentret, Corn
Mount Mortar: Killed Seaking

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
So far for using Miltank, I suppose. > < It's a shame you lost her to Explosion out of all things.

At least both Pepper and Apple evolved so they should be a lot stronger now! Have you decided what to evolve Eevee into? Your team's looking a little weak to Psychic types so Umbreon might not be a bad choice.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
I'm currently a bit undecided. It's looking to be either Umbreon or Flareon depending if I can get my hands on a fire stone. leaning towards Umbreon though!

tacobowler

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
I second the umbreon suggestion because you are VERY weak to psychic (not that there's many psychics left in the game). Are you doing just to the elite four or all the way to Red?

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
All the way to Red hopefully. I think if I get that far permanent dupes will trigger for the team I take into Red.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Part 7 - A Quick One
So this was a super short update. I basically levelled all my team up to level 33 except from Sprout because there really wasn't a good place to train him. For the gym my plan was to use Strawb and just spam Dig. Magnemite's were both 1 hit without taking any damage because Strawb outsped them with the Quick Claw. Steelix too around 4 Surf's before he died. Easy badge get

Not much to say this time

Level: 33
Moves: Curse, Confusion, Dig, Surf

Moves: Tackle, Bite, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack

Moves: Wing Attack, Fly, Bite, Confuse Ray

Moves: Vine Whip, Growth, Poison Powder, Cut

Orange
Carrot
Pear
Lettuce
Cabbage
Banana
Grape
Goose
Pea
Eggplant
Corn

Route 42: Ekans, Eggplant
Route 43: Sentret, Corn
Mount Mortar: Killed Seaking

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Part 8 - A Slaughtering
So I've not updated in about a week and you'll find our why that is in a moment but I basically had lost all motivation to play for a day or two. Anyway, my momentum is going again so let's get on with the update.

We went to the Radio tower stop the Team Rocket takeover. The plan was to switch train Sprout up. On the second or third trainer I tried to solo a Koffing with Sprout and he unfortunately died. I replaced him with Grape the Spinerak. It was pretty low levelled but he was sort of my best option at the time. Fighting against the Rocket Executive at the top he used Self Destruct killing my full health Kiwi when it had 4 levels on. At this point I was pretty annoyed, being two Pokemon down in the Radio Tower.

Ran into a rival battle that I completely forgot about. His Golbat got a crit on Strawb which killed it. This was the worst death since Slowpoke is my favorite Pokemon. I defeated the rival without anymore issues but the three deaths put me in a very bad spot. Took out Eggplant the Ekans and Banana the Psyduck. Wasn't too happy about this because it brought the team up to 4 Poison types. May as well do a monotype run at this point.

Pepper almost died to the final Rocket trainer with the Houndour. After that fiasco we headed onto Route 44 and caught Peach the Likitung. Into ice path we caught Porky the Swinub and added him to the team. ice path was pretty easy to navigate. Caught a Magikarp Surfing in Blackthorn City. I headed onto Route 45 to fight the trainers there for XP. I caught Knight the Skarmory. He took at least 12 Great Balls and 3 Hypnosis. Was super happy when I caught him because he's such a good Pokemon.

I had to train my whole team to Level 36. It wasn't until I was training my last Pokemon that I realized how common Delibird were at night in the Ice cave. My training would have been much quicker if I'd known that.

Gym Battle

So i was very scared of the fight with Claire and it has ended multiple runs for me in the past.

The plan was to lead with Porky for most of the fight then use someone else to take out Kingdra. So Porky tanked a Surf from the first Dragonair. I swapped to Pepper and took it out with 2 Dizzy Punches.
The second Dragonair took just 2 Icy Wind from Porky.
Kingdra came out first. I swapped to Knight and did 3 Sand Attack. That probably won me the fight. Swapped into Potato but 1 Surf took him too low so I swapped to Banana.
Banana was able to tank the Surfs super easily and only 1 Hyper Beam. It got confusioned down till it died.
The last Dragonair died pretty easy from Icy Winds.

Pokemon: Golduck (Water)
Nickame: Banana
Level: 36
Moves: Whirlpool, Surf, Disable, Confusion

Level: 38

Moves: Wing Attack, Fly, Bite, Confuse Ray

Pokemon: Piloswine (Ice/Ground)
Nickname: Pork
Level: 37
Moves: Icy Wind, Powder Snow, Fury Attack, Strength

Pokemon: Skarmory
Nickname: Knight
Moves: Peck, Sand-Attack, Swift, Agility

Orange
Carrot
Pear
Lettuce
Cabbage
Grape
Goose
Pea
Eggplant
Corn
Peach

Sprout the Bellsprout, died to a Rocket Koffing
Kiwi the Eevee, died to explosion
Strawb the Slowpoke, died to the rival's Goldbat

Route 39: Killed a meowth
Route 44: Likitung, peach
Route 45: Skarmory: Knight
Olivine city: Killed tentascool
Ice Path: Swinub, Pork
Baclthorn City: Magikarp, Salmon

tacobowler

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Dude you have such bad luck with those self destructs. Glad you got your motivation back. GL with the League!