Nuzlocke Slowpoke's Pokemon GenerationLocke - Red - Finale!

Who's my starter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
@SAF My bad, it says I need to update my team once every gym badge not do an update per badge.

• Your team must be kept updated! Keeping an updated team allows viewers to follow your progress and see how you're doing. You need to have an update to your team at least every gym badge (or trial, in the case of the Alola region).
I should've read it better.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
I'd say it depends on the player's writing style, though. If one gym/trial per update turns out to be too short, two/three badges in an update should do. I'm saying this because some playthroughs out there actually do the same and that's cool too. But if the playthrough have screenshots or something like that (e.g.: both my lockes), some updates might need to be split to avoid the huge wall of stuffs in there. So, again, it all depends on the writing style.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
For the final part of the update we'll be taking on the elite 4. This one will be structured a little differently I think

So we decided to start making our way through Victory Road. I was mostly training Fall up but she got to a high enough level so I decided to start training up Wendy. Stupidly I used Sky Attack on the first turn. Persian out sped me and got 2 almost full Fury Swipes off, killing Wendy. This one felt awful. I should have kept her better leveled but right before the Elite 4 after being with me for the full journey but it happens I guess

We went into the Elite 4 with most of the Mons low-mid 40s. I decided not to train up another flier and take on the Elite 4 with just 5 Pokemon. This was stupid I know but I was feeling good about my team. Remi was tanky, Eeveon was outspeeding everything and hitting hard as well as Spooker was all around great for the whole run.

Lorelei was pretty easy overall all her Pokemon took a few Thunderbolts and that cleaned them up. Jynx was taken down by Spooker headbutting her.

Bruno was another easy one. Fall used her Mega Drain and Solar Beam to make quick work of Onix and Onix. I used Spooker for the Fighting types and had no casualties again.

Agatha had her dream eater Gengar, luckily none of them got off a successful Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo. Sasuke pretty much 1 hit all the Poison types with Eeveon killing Golbat.

Lance...Sigh... I led with Eeveon, killing Gyarados very quickly. The plan was to use Remi to tank all the Dragon types and use his Ice moves on them. All was going well until Aerodactyl got a crit Hyper Beam on Remi. He outsped me even though he's a Flying rock. I guess Remi was a Turtle so it adds up. This is where my strategy went to ****. Spooker managed to wittle Dragonite down without any more causalities.

Champion Battle

This one was tough, super tough. i almost lost the run tbh. I led with Eeveon again. Pidgeot died to 2 Thunderbolt without any issues.

Alakazam... This Pokemon is evil in Gen 1. It's so unbalanced Spooker did this one all by itself, almost. I led with Eeveon but he was essentially one hit. I swapped in Spooker, He just kept using Headbutt while resisting the Psychic type moves. This took so long to do because he just keeps using recover. Eventually finished it off.

Rhydon was 1 hit by Falls Solar Beam. Wait that was easy, maybe it was a sign of things to come

Gyarados led with Leer against Spooker, why doe sit still have Leer again? It then used Dragon rage. It missed Hyper Beam on Spooker which probably saved my run. Managed to get defeat Gyarados with Spooker.

Arcanine took 2 Sasuke Earthquakes and was dead after that.

Venusaur was a tough one, super tough. He kept critting Spooker while I kept healing. Venusaur got 3 crits in a row before eventually getting a crit SolarBeam killing Spooker. This is where things really started to turn. Swapped into Sasuke hoping to get a Fire Blast off but he got out sped and 1 hit. Venusaur was sitting at about 25% HP at this point. I just had Fall left. Fall led with a stun spore and kept using cut hoping to outlast Venusaur. Then my luck turned around, Venusaur was paralyzed 3 turns in a row, this allowed Fall to finish it off

WINING US THE LOCKE!

Pokemon: Oddish
Nickname: Fall
Type: Grass, Poison
Level 42
Moveset: Mega Drain, SolarBeam, Stun Spore, Cut
Notes: This guy finished off the run as the only sole survivor. I had neglected her a lot over the run due to Grass not being effective for a large portion of the day but she came in clutch for the victory

Pokemon: Blastoise
Nickname: Remi
Type: Water
Level: 45
Moveset: Blizzard, Ice Beam, Surf, Water Gun
Notes: My longest partner for this run. I thought he was going to take me all the way but due to a Hyper Beam crit it wasn't so. He did still solo the last 2 gyms for me drastically reducing grinding and play time.

Pokemon: Jolteon
Nickname: Eeveon
Type: Electric
Level: 48
Moveset: ThunderShock, Double Kick, Thunderbolt, Pin Missile
Notes: This guy was a real MVP, he swept so many Pokemon and teams that I can't even count then,

Pokemon: Pidgeotto
Nickname: Wendy
Type: Flying/Normal
Level: 35
Moveset: Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Fly, Razor Wind
Notes: Wendy was with me so long that I have to mention her. Honestly though I barely used her at all in the run

Pokemon: Hypno
Nickname: Spooker
Type: Psychic
Level 45
Moveset: Headbutt, Hypnosis, Psychic, Confusion
Notes: Another Pokemon with me for a long time. I actually hate the design of Hypno but this guy helped me counter Alakazam and my run probably would have ended long ago without him.

Pokemon: Marowak
Nickname: Sasuke
Type: Grpund
Level 43
Moveset: Fire Blast, Strength, Earthquake, Dig
Notes: Marowak is just a crazy good Pokemon overall. This man 2 hit the rivals Arcanine which was 18 levels higher than him

Pokemon: Rattata
Nickname: Joey
Type: Normal
Level 11
Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

Pokemon: Zubat
Nickname: Bans
Type: Poison, Flying
Level 20
Moveset: Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite

Pokemon: Nidoking
Nickname: Sting
Type: Poison/Ground
Level: 24
Moveset: Mega Punch, Seismic Toss, Horn Attack, Poison Sting

Pokemon: Diglett
Nickname: Moleman
Type: Ground
Moveset: Scratch, Dig

Pokemon: Beedrill
Nickname: Buzz
Type: Bug, Poison
Level 27
Moveset: Poison Sting, Twineedle, Fury Attack, Cut

Pokemon: Spearow
Nickname: Chelia
Type: Normal, Flying
Level 10
Moveset: Peck, Growl, Leer

Pokemon: Voltorb
Nickname: Zap
Type: Electric
Level: 16
Moveset: Tackle, Screech

Pokemon: Mankey
Nickname: Lee
Type: Fighting
Level: 10
Moveset: Scratch, Leer

Pokemon: Ekans
Nickname: Snekans
Type: Poison
Level: 15
Moveset: Wrap, Leer, Poison Sting

Pokemon: Venonat
Nickname: HairyBug
Type: Bug/Poison
Level: 26
Moveset: Tackle, Disable, Poison Powder

Pokemon: Ditto
Nickname: Squish
Type: Normal
Moveset: Transform

Pokemon: Doduo
Nickname: TwoFace
Type: Normal/Flying
Moveset: Peck, Growl, Fury Attack

Pokemon: Lapras
Nickname: Mist
Type: Water/Ice
Level: 15
Moveset: Water Gun, Growl

Pokemon: Koffing
Nickname: James
Type: Poison
Level: 34
Moveset: Tackle, Smog, Sludge

Here are some final pictures of the end of the game. Next time we're onto Pokemon Crystal.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Wow. Congratulations on just barely defeating the Elite Four and Champion! Vileplume is the MVP of this run now. xD

Is there a reason why you didn't train a little more before taking on the final battles? I understand that overleveling takes away from the challenge, but having your whole team between lv. 50 and lv. 55 would have probably make things a little easier.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Ideally I would have trained a bit more. If I'm honest it's because I've Nuzlocked Red a few times and was hoping to get it over with so I could move onto crystal. I'm going to be taking a lot more time on the next Nuzlocke. But yeh, I should have trained more, this was a little close for my liking.

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Whoa, big update there! You've been playing a lot. Don't think I'm going to catch up to you, lol. Go get that Elite 4!

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
@tacobowler As it turns out I have no life and just started going hard on the run the other night. I'm glad the run is finally over and I'm excited to start on Crystal which will take me much longer. Too bad I lost so many members along the way. Unfortunately Gen 1 is a little bit unbalanced but I still had fun.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Wow, that was a close one, Vileplume for the win! Congratulations on beating the first part of your Generationlocke and good luck on the next!

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
So just saw the elite 4 update now. Yikes that was close. Good going getting to move on to crystal. And only 5 taken into the rest of the challenge as permanent dupes.