So apparently this forum is old and I have no life HIII

AndieFlare

New Trainer
Lol.

I knew of Marriland when i was a kid and a total noob in the community, spreading my otakuism like a plague and not really knowing what the heck Pokemon was or how to play properly and then I was just looking for a chill place to chat with people about the games I like and then BOOM this place popped up. I had no idea Devin's site closed down, can anyone tell me why? I wasn't around for that. (I've been pretty sick during 2018 and haven't been online much.)

I'm trying to get back into Pokemon. I have a Discord, but I get sick often, so if I don't feel up to talking or playing don't be alarmed it's just my medical problems giving me heck again. 8 / When i was a wee one, I remember watching Devin and wanting to make videos like that but my anxiety got the better of me. Eventually I will, but I dunno. I'm 21 now and I still haven't, I haven't even gotten into competitive playing or breeding and I really want to.

Is there a place on this forum for beginner competitive? I have no idea how to do that.

Peace - Addison.

seaturtle

Go Beyond! Plus Ultra!!
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Hey Addison! Welcome to the forums (:

To answer your question about the old site, back in 2013 (I believe?) the Marriland site was bought by Curse and Devin started to work with them. However, at the end of 2015 Curse and Devin split, and the old site was renamed to Azurilland. They let Devin keep the Marriland name, but all the old walkthroughs and the old forum are all still there. At the end of 2018, though, Curse told us that they would be archiving the Azurilland site. We ended up getting back in contact with Devin, who offered to host the forums again under the Marriland name. As far as the site itself goes, for now he's got a temporary website up at www.marriland.com, and he's said that he's got plans for it in the future.

If you've got a Discord, be sure to check out our server! We have a page with information about it here. If you're interested in trying out competitive, we've got a channel there where I'm sure people would be willing to help ya, as well as a subforum for competitive battling here.

If you've ever got questions or just wanna chat, feel free to send me a message! I'm usually around on Discord and check my PMs regularly, so I should get back to ya fairly quick. You seem like a pretty chill person, so I hope we end up getting to know each other in the future :D

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
hey hey, welcome to Marriland ^^

don't worry about having to take time off sometimes, i'm sure everyone can understand that! and i DEFINITELY don't think 21 is an old age to start a channel (or anything tbh) so don't let that discourage you ^^
i'm a noobie at competitive as well, so it's nice to see another beginner join the forums, i'd recommend joining the discord server cause you can easily request battles there and chat about competitive mons~

~Kilza~

The Rising Sun
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hey Andie! Welcome to Marriland! Always good to see a new face on the forums! You've definitely come to the right place to get back into Pokemon, since the community is pretty lively about it. Like Bubba and Bunnie have said, you can ask questions about competitive battling in the Discord server and in the competitive battling subforum. I imagine you'll be able to ask about breeding in the Breeder's Club, in addition to just asking on Discord or even posting about it in the Pokemon General subforum. Hopefully you'll enjoy it here and stick around!

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Hey, nice to meet you! I'm sorry medical problems have got you down, I hope they aren't always an issue!