Wedlocke *Some Asian's Heartgold Wedlocke... Take 1*

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Defender of the Sega Saturn
Time Zone
Never
Note: This is more a test to see if I can get back to doing Nuzlockes again, since I just could not get myself to enjoy them at all back in the old Forums.

Hi, I'm Asian, and welcome to my Heartgold Wedlocke challenge! It's been a long time since I tried one of these, but regardless, let's get this started again!

Rule #1: All Pokemon who faint are dead, and must be released.

Rule #2: I must catch the first eligible encounter on each route. (If I have an odd number of Pokemon in my party, I must catch a Pokemon of the gender I have less of.)

Rule #3: Nicknaming Pokemon is a must in this run. The naming theme for me here will be superheroes from various forms of media, such as DC, Marvel, and even other shows with heroes in them, like My Hero Academia.

Rule #4: Pokemon must fight in 3 teams of 2, rather than 1 team of 6, paired based on opposite-gender Pokemon, because it's the easiest to understand. (Fun fact, I was considering doing a Rainbow Wedlocke, but that's SUPER complicated, so... sorry.)

Rule #5: I cannot deposit Pokemon in the PC long term.

-I will have an item limit of 3 healing items used on each individual Pokemon. HOWEVER, should a Pokemon die, any healing item I didn't use on them carry over to whoever I'm using next. (For example, if my Chikorita died, but I only managed to use 1 healing item on it, its partner, Sentret, can use 5 items, etc.) Note that I can still freely use held items and Pokeballs.

-If any Pokemon faint during dedicated training sessions, it will not count as a death. In addition, since training and getting Heart Scales in Heartgold and Soulsilver are about as fun as playing checkers with a dead ant, I'm allowed to trade Pokemon over to another game (Diamond in this case) to train them and let them relearn moves. However, I can't use TMs from Diamond to teach Pokemon anything, any TMs I use HAVE to be from Heartgold.

-Dupes Clause is in full effect, so if I run into a Pokemon that I either already caught or I already have in its evo line (Like, running into a Raticate after already catching a Rattata), I can just skip it. I won't have a limit for catching Pokemon, though.

-Genderless Pokemon CAN be caught. Essentially they count as a wild card for pairing. Outside Latias in Kanto, however, I cannot catch Legendaries. Raikou and Entei are basically impossible to catch early on in Johto, and Ho-Oh will be counted as a boss fight. Think of it as the last phase of the Kimono Girls fight.

-Gift Clause is in effect, so all Gift Pokemon/Eggs are free.

With that out of way, let's get this show on the road!

Last edited:

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
Just as a heads up, I’ll probably only be able to update on weekends for a while due to schoolwork taking precidence. I apologize in advance, and I’ll update whenever I can.

-SomeAsian

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
Alright, FINALLY I'm back. Sorry for the wait.

Anyways...

So starting out, I named the trainer Mitten. I... couldn't think of anything else, LOL.
More importantly, however, I did this to show what my starter would be. 1-5 would be Chikorita, 6-0 would be Cyndiquil. (Before you as about Totodile, I've already played HG twice with one, and I don't want to use it again despite it being my favorite Johto starter (Not that there was much competition, I'm not a fan of the other two to begin with), so, variety, yo!

At Prof. Elm's, he was nice enough to give me a Cyndiquil, provided I do an errand for him first. Not a bad thing. What could possibly go wrong?

Following my naming theme of Superheroes/Villains in any media, I picked the name Bakugo (The obligatory rival character resident of My Hero Academia, though I'd like to note that he does break that mold in a few ways) for little ol' Cyndiquil.

"'Sup. I'll show those damn Sentrets who's Number One around here!"

From there, me and Bakugo were off to Cherrygrove City to talk to some Mr. Pokemon (Great name, 10/10), when he randomly gave me my phone number. Great!... I am never gonna call this!

In the slow, painful, Running Shoes-less drag to Cherrygrove, Bakugo did show what he was made of... by beating the crap out of ALL the Sentrets and overkill critting one of them. He even Leveled Up from it. Well, SOMEONE doesn't mess around.

"Yeah! Like hell I would!"

Anyway, at Cherrygrove, I was immedietly greeted with the most unintentionally jerkish old man EVER. Look, sir, I appreciate the thought, but I KNOW WHAT A POKEMON CENTER IS! STOP TAUNTING MY INABILITY TO RUN AND LEAVE ME-

...Oh. Thanks!

With Bakugo at my side and Running Shoes on my feet, getting to Mr Pokemon's was no sweat. Turns out my errand was listening to him brag about his eggs. Oh... Well, that was boring. But simple. And Elm gave my a pretty strong little Cyndiquil! Easy as-

...Because of course. OF COURSE this would happen.

Well, time to get back to New Bark Town and see what happened.

On the way back, though, I ran into THIS jerkbag. Whadayamean, Bakugo's too good for me?! Fine. Time to show him a lesson or two in manners, eh?

"What? Totodile? I thought some Asian dude was gonna pick you up? What's this NPC doing here with YOU?"

"Wouldn't YOU like to know?"

[Four hours later...]

"Oh my Arceus, that was boring as hell! I've literally just fought SENTRETS that were more interesting than you!"

"T*h. This isn't over..."

It wasn't a COMPLETE waste of time, though. Bakugo leveled up again, and I nabbed his ID and got his name, Glove...

...WHO NAMES THEIR KID GLOVE?!

Whatever. Time to go to Prof. Elm with this guy's name and tell him his Totodile was stolen-

...What. Uh... Professor? Can you please telling that I'm not a criminal?

Elm? Are you still alive? Say something. Uh...? Elm...? Come on...

...Wow. The Johtian Police Force sucks at their job. And I though Persona 5 had corrupt cops. Well. I'd... better get out of here.

But first I'll talk to dear old Mom and tell her that the police is after me because of some redhead and them being terrible detectives, so I'm off on an adventure. I'll send her my prize money from battles so she'll be fine financially, but I really need to get to the bottom of this mess.

Bakugo the Cyndiquil
Lv 7 (New Bark Town)
Hasty Nature
-Tackle
-Growl
-Smokescreen
-None
I have high hopes for him. I was NEVER a fan of Cyndiquil, like I said, but with the crits he's been getting, I hope he'll be able to go places.

[Paired with]

Half-Life 3​

...I literally JUST started. Did you think I ALREADY lost!?

Males:

Females:

This is how it'll be arranged.

DEAR GOD THIS WAS A NIGHTMARE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I seriously have no clue how to add images directly to a post! I mean, normally I would, but the issue is I'm using images from my Google Drive, which may as well be giving me a giant middle finger when it comes to posting here!

If anyone has a way to put images from Google Drive directly on here instead of just a link, PLEASE tell me!

Edit: Thank you to @SAF for helping me fix the image issue. Thanks, again!

Actually playing, Bakugo gets crits A LOT. Fitting, I suppose.

I hope this series is fun for they few of you that will end up following it. I know that I'm likely not going to get many people commenting on this, and I've resigned myself to that fact, but I still hope I can find myself some enjoyment here regardless.

Here's to another successful Wedlocke (I hope)!

Last edited:

SAF

Child of the Musketeers (?)
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Speaking of pics, there is this [IMG] tag for posting them. All you need to do is wrapping your file pics (in this case, those saved in your Google Drive) with the tag. Here's an example: [IMG]https://data.whicdn.com/images/150741426/large.jpg[/IMG] gives this:

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
Thanks for the tip.
(I'll use this post to try and test that.)

Edit: It didn't work as hoped. I'll try to find something, though.

Edit2: I... just pasted the image into a Google Doc, copy/pasted it here and it... worked?
...Why didn't I try that earlier?

@SAF Regardless, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: SAF

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
Mini update:
I'm preparing to try and find more encounters going forward now. A new part should be ready for next week, sorry that updates are really slow, I have a lot on my plate at the moment.