Wedlocke Some Asian's Heartgold Wedlocke!

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Defender of the Sega Saturn
Time Zone
Never
Hi, I'm Asian, and welcome to my Heartgold Wedlocke challenge! It's been a long time since I tried one of these, but regardless, let's get this started again!

Rule #1: All Pokemon who faint are dead, and must be released.

Rule #2: I must catch the first eligible encounter on each route. (If I have an odd number of Pokemon in my party, I must catch a Pokemon of the gender I have less of.)

Rule #3: Nicknaming Pokemon is a must in this run. The naming theme for me here will be superheroes from various forms of media, such as DC, Marvel, and even other shows with heroes in them, like My Hero Academia.

Rule #4: Pokemon must fight in 3 teams of 2, rather than 1 team of 6, paired based on opposite-gender Pokemon, because it's the easiest to understand. (Fun fact, I was considering doing a Rainbow Wedlocke, but that's SUPER complicated, so... sorry.)

Rule #5: I cannot deposit Pokemon in the PC long term.

-I will have an item limit of 3 healing items used on each individual Pokemon. HOWEVER, should a Pokemon die, any healing item I didn't use on them carry over to whoever I'm using next. (For example, if my Chikorita died, but I only managed to use 1 healing item on it, its partner, Sentret, can use 5 items, etc.) Note that I can still freely use held items and Pokeballs.

-If any Pokemon faint during dedicated training sessions, it will not count as a death. In addition, since training and getting Heart Scales in Heartgold and Soulsilver are about as fun as playing checkers with a dead ant, I'm allowed to trade Pokemon over to another game (Diamond in this case) to train them and let them relearn moves. However, I can't use TMs from Diamond to teach Pokemon anything, any TMs I use HAVE to be from Heartgold.

-Dupes Clause is in full effect, so if I run into a Pokemon that I either already caught or I already have in its evo line (Like, running into a Raticate after already catching a Rattata), I can just skip it. I won't have a limit for catching Pokemon, though.

-Genderless Pokemon CAN be caught. Essentially they count as a wild card for pairing. Outside Latias in Kanto, however, I cannot catch Legendaries. Raikou and Entei are basically impossible to catch early on in Johto, and Ho-Oh will be counted as a boss fight. Think of it as the last phase of the Kimono Girls fight.

-Gift Clause is in effect, so all Gift Pokemon/Eggs are free.

With that out of way, let's get this show on the road!

Last edited:

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
Just as a heads up, I’ll probably only be able to update on weekends for a while due to schoolwork taking precidence. I apologize in advance, and I’ll update whenever I can.

-SomeAsian

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
Alright, FINALLY I'm back. Sorry for the wait.

Anyways...

So starting out, I named the trainer Mitten. I... couldn't think of anything else, LOL.
More importantly, however, I did this to show what my starter would be. 1-5 would be Chikorita, 6-0 would be Cyndiquil. (Before you as about Totodile, I've already played HG twice with one, and I don't want to use it again despite it being my favorite Johto starter (Not that there was much competition, I'm not a fan of the other two to begin with), so, variety, yo!

At Prof. Elm's, he was nice enough to give me a Cyndiquil, provided I do an errand for him first. Not a bad thing. What could possibly go wrong?

Following my naming theme of Superheroes/Villains in any media, I picked the name Bakugo (The obligatory rival character resident of My Hero Academia, though I'd like to note that he does break that mold in a few ways) for little ol' Cyndiquil.

"'Sup. I'll show those damn Sentrets who's Number One around here!"

From there, me and Bakugo were off to Cherrygrove City to talk to some Mr. Pokemon (Great name, 10/10), when he randomly gave me my phone number. Great!... I am never gonna call this!

In the slow, painful, Running Shoes-less drag to Cherrygrove, Bakugo did show what he was made of... by beating the crap out of ALL the Sentrets and overkill critting one of them. He even Leveled Up from it. Well, SOMEONE doesn't mess around.

"Yeah! Like hell I would!"

Anyway, at Cherrygrove, I was immedietly greeted with the most unintentionally jerkish old man EVER. Look, sir, I appreciate the thought, but I KNOW WHAT A POKEMON CENTER IS! STOP TAUNTING MY INABILITY TO RUN AND LEAVE ME-

...Oh. Thanks!

With Bakugo at my side and Running Shoes on my feet, getting to Mr Pokemon's was no sweat. Turns out my errand was listening to him brag about his eggs. Oh... Well, that was boring. But simple. And Elm gave my a pretty strong little Cyndiquil! Easy as-

...Because of course. OF COURSE this would happen.

Well, time to get back to New Bark Town and see what happened.

On the way back, though, I ran into THIS jerkbag. Whadayamean, Bakugo's too good for me?! Fine. Time to show him a lesson or two in manners, eh?

"What? Totodile? I thought some Asian dude was gonna pick you up? What's this NPC doing here with YOU?"

"Wouldn't YOU like to know?"

[Four hours later...]

"Oh my Arceus, that was boring as hell! I've literally just fought SENTRETS that were more interesting than you!"

"T*h. This isn't over..."

It wasn't a COMPLETE waste of time, though. Bakugo leveled up again, and I nabbed his ID and got his name, Glove...

...WHO NAMES THEIR KID GLOVE?!

Whatever. Time to go to Prof. Elm with this guy's name and tell him his Totodile was stolen-

...What. Uh... Professor? Can you please telling that I'm not a criminal?

Elm? Are you still alive? Say something. Uh...? Elm...? Come on...

...Wow. The Johtian Police Force sucks at their job. And I though Persona 5 had corrupt cops. Well. I'd... better get out of here.

But first I'll talk to dear old Mom and tell her that the police is after me because of some redhead and them being terrible detectives, so I'm off on an adventure. I'll send her my prize money from battles so she'll be fine financially, but I really need to get to the bottom of this mess.

Bakugo the Cyndiquil
Lv 7 (New Bark Town)
Hasty Nature
-Tackle
-Growl
-Smokescreen
-None
I have high hopes for him. I was NEVER a fan of Cyndiquil, like I said, but with the crits he's been getting, I hope he'll be able to go places.

[Paired with]

Half-Life 3​

...I literally JUST started. Did you think I ALREADY lost!?

Males:

Females:

This is how it'll be arranged.

DEAR GOD THIS WAS A NIGHTMARE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I seriously have no clue how to add images directly to a post! I mean, normally I would, but the issue is I'm using images from my Google Drive, which may as well be giving me a giant middle finger when it comes to posting here!

If anyone has a way to put images from Google Drive directly on here instead of just a link, PLEASE tell me!

Edit: Thank you to @SAF for helping me fix the image issue. Thanks, again!

Actually playing, Bakugo gets crits A LOT. Fitting, I suppose.

I hope this series is fun for they few of you that will end up following it. I know that I'm likely not going to get many people commenting on this, and I've resigned myself to that fact, but I still hope I can find myself some enjoyment here regardless.

Here's to another successful Wedlocke (I hope)!

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Speaking of pics, there is this [IMG] tag for posting them. All you need to do is wrapping your file pics (in this case, those saved in your Google Drive) with the tag. Here's an example: [IMG]https://data.whicdn.com/images/150741426/large.jpg[/IMG] gives this:

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
Thanks for the tip.
(I'll use this post to try and test that.)

Edit: It didn't work as hoped. I'll try to find something, though.

Edit2: I... just pasted the image into a Google Doc, copy/pasted it here and it... worked?
...Why didn't I try that earlier?

@SAF Regardless, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: SAF

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
Mini update:
I'm preparing to try and find more encounters going forward now. A new part should be ready for next week, sorry that updates are really slow, I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
Training procrastination has already begun.
...Not a good start! Oh well, here's Part 2!

So yay, we're officially on the run now! Brilliant. All we can do now is get out of New Bark Town ASAP. The issue is, Bakugo alone isn't gonna cut it in Johto. But apparently, Pokemarts don't sell Pokeballs! What am I gonna-

THANK YOU RANDOM GUY!

Oh, and apparently NOW they sell Pokeballs! Whatever, now we can finally get Bakugo a partner, and the first female Pokemon on Route 29 is...!

...a Pidgey. Alrighty then.

"(At least it's not a Sentret, that'd be... awkward.)"

...DO YOU WANT A PARTNER OR NOT!?

There we are. Her name shall be Hawkgirl, named after a DC Heroine that was very early in DC's comic lineup.

"Heh, you managed to take a hit from me? You'll be helpful, huh?"

"Next time, don't beat your new recruits half to death..."

"Yeah yeah. It won't happen again."

Now for my encounter for Route 46. PleaseGeodudePleaseGeodudePleaseGeodude-

DANG IT! Oh well. Beggars can't be choosers.

That was much easier than Hawkgirl was. Great. I named her Falcon, the 2nd Captain America in Marvel in some comics (Oops Falcon in Marvel is male. Whatever)

"'Sup."

"Hey."

"(...Do birds just have this weird form of communication or...?)"

Anyway, this team isn't looking very good as far as team composition goes. EVERYONE is weak to Rock! This is bad.

"...Anyone have any ideas to deal with Geodudes?"

"...Rock Smash?"

"I've got nothing."

"Well, BRILLIANT! We're screwed!"

At least the upcoming Gym is Flying-type rather than Rock as is usually tradition in the series. Regardless, time to get my encounter in Route 30... is what I WOULD say, but no matter what I get in that Route, they'd be a bad partner for Falcon. Thankfully, no males showed up at all in the grass... SOMEHOW. I'm not complaining though.

Anyway, up ahead is our old friend Youngster Joey, the local Ratatta fanboy from Cherrygrove. Let's give him a fight, shall we?

What? What happened to your Pokemon?

"You know, it's pretty sad, but nowadays, trainers fight to kill. I think they're taking this 'Gotta be Number 1' thing too seriously."

That's pretty depressing. Wait, does this mean your Top-Percentage Rattata are-

"Thankfully, no. He's alive. He's at home, resting. But anyway, I have a question to ask you. Did you steal a Totodile from Prof.Elm?"

No, you idiot. I picked Cyndiquil! Some guy named Glove did it.

"So you AREN'T a thief! That's a relief! But I'm... not sure if anyone else is gonna believe you, man."

What? Whatever happened to "Innocent until Proven Guilty"?

"Not sure if that matters to people when there's a $999,999 bounty on you, if the police said anything."

...What. That... seems super overkill for supposedly stealing a Totodile. What gives?

"Who knows? My point is, you know how I said people fight to kill now? Innocent until proven guilty won't exactly matter to these people. Be careful."

This is gonna be a harsh journey, isn't it. Well, thanks for the tip off, Joey.

"Lucky for you though, my Rattata have a network around Johto. They're marked with scarves and give intel to your Pokemon if necessary. They'll know what to do."

Thanks. But wait, "My Pokemon will know what to do"? If you say so.

"WHAT WAS THAT!?"

"Cool it, bud. Alright, scarved Rattata give tips. Thanks."

Speaking of trainers picking a fight, though, the next Youngster isn't as friendly as Joey here. He challenged me to a fight, but his first Rattata was no match for Bakugo, who leveled up from the battle.

"You, kill ME? HAH!"

Since Hawkgirl needs the EXP, I decided to send her into the next Rattata. What followed was...

WOW, Joey wasn't kidding, these guys DON'T mess around!

"Nice miss, by the way!"

'Well exCUSE me for being only Lv 3, you glory hog!"

"Blame Mitten for that! Whatever, get out! I'll deal with this rat!"

"That's what you get, vermin! Die!"

"He's not dead."

"Shut up! I just say 'Die' a lot."

"Well then. ...Thanks, by the way."

"...Whatever."

So that Youngster went down, but these guys weren't in good condition to deal with the Bug Cathcer, so we skipped him, and went straight for the Dark Cave. ...Great name.

I swear, if my first male in here is a freaking Zubat, I'm gonna-

THANK GOD!!!
I named his Red Riot, which is the hero name of Kirishima from My Hero Academia. I was considering Clayface, but other Pokemon would use that name better, and I know The Thing exists, but that's an AWFUL name, so no.

"Heh heh! Who dares mass with the Great, Manly... Red Riot? Was that my name?"

"Yep."

"At least other Geodudes won't massacre us as easily now. (Apparently Bellsprout dwell in the next Route. They should help us out.)"

"You're my partner now? Alright then."

Now that I have 4 Pokemon, it's time to rush back to Route 29 to train these guys up-

Oh crap, I forgot about you. Not that it matters, I dealt with him no problem. Now...

[TRAINING INITIATED. PLOT ARMOR ENGAGED.]

An hour of training later, this is what the team looks like. Should be enough to power through Route 31.
[TRAINING COMPLETE. PLOT ARMOR LIFTED.]

But that aside, time to FINALLY get my Route 30 encounter! And its...!

Well, guess I wasn't gonna escape these routes without at least ONE Early-game Pokemon that drops off later on. Whatever, Butterfree IS pretty helpful.

I named this little guy Monarch, a supervillain with many different people bearing the name from DC Comics. Plus, Monarch Butterfly.

"Um... hello."

"Oh great! ANOTHER ROCK WEAKNESS! LIKE WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE!"

"I... oh."

"C'mon, man, don't be like that."

As we backtracked over to Route 31, before finding a partner for Monarch, we encountered... this guy.

"Oh, YOU'RE that criminal everyone's talking about! That $1M is mine!"

Great. Well, he's a Bug Catcher, Riot and Falcon should deal with him fine.

"You ARE aware that my kind eats Caterpie for breakfast, right?"

'WHAT?!"

"Not you, man. Don't worry about it."

"...Oh, by the way, I leveled up, WOOOOOO!!!!"

So three Caterpie later, he's down to one Pokemon, and it's...!

"Well, at least there's SOME variety."

Guess that kid's not becoming a millionaire anytime soon. But more importantly, time for my encounter for this route! I know Bellsprout is a bad partner for Butterfree, but I need SOMETHING other than Red Riot to deal with Rock-Types. Come on...!

OH. OH NO.

Well, I caught her anyway and named her LyLA, who is Spider Man 2099's JARVIS, basically.

"WELL HELLO THERE. YOU MAY CALL ME-"

"THAT'S IT! We're dead! We are so dead! Mitten, I'm sorry, but WE ALREADY FAILED YOU!!"

"Ignore him, LyLA."

"Um... Hi."

"WELL, HELLO THERE! I AM REFERRED TO AS LyLA! IT'S NICE TO MEET YOU!"

Horrible implications of this team composition aside, I head to Violet City, but then the Pokeball Guy shows up and took me to Route 32 for a new encounter. Great. Thanks. (Writer's note: More like I just went directly there after getting to Violet. I'll explore it more next time.)

I swear I'd better not get like a Hoothoot here or something...

...Oooh! This Wooper is female, too! (Also why it didn't use Water Gun I don't understand, but THANK GOD IT DIDN'T!)
After catching her and naming her Namora, the cousin of Namor from Marvel comics, I decided to cut it there. Thanks for reading!

Bakugo the Cyndiquil (M)
Lv 9 (New Bark Town)
Blaze
Mild Nature
Good perseverance
-Tackle
-Growl
-Smokescreen
-None

[Paired with]

Hawkgirl the Pidgey (F)
Lv 7 (Route 29)
Keen Eye
Hasty Nature
Somewhat stubborn
-Tackle
-Sand Attack
-None
-No Growl? WTF!?

Falcon the Spearow (F)
Lv 7 (Route 46)
Keen Eye
Gentle Nature
Proud of her power
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Why Growl AND Leer!?

[Paired with]

Red Riot the Geodude (M)
Lv 9 (Dark Cave)
Rock Head
Hasty Nature (Well that sucks!)
Likes to thrash about
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Mud Sport
-Rock Polish

Monarch the Caterpie (M)
Lv 3 (Route 30)
Shield Dust
Rash Nature
Very finicky
-Tackle
-String Shot
-Who's ready for Metapod stalling?
-YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

[Paired with]

LyLA the Spinarak (F)
Lv 3 (Route 31)
Swarm
Hardy Nature
Likes to fight
-Poison Sting
-String Shot
-Just Googled Spinarak's move learnset by Lv up...
-...Oh dear.​

I am SO lucky Hawkgirl didn't end up in here...

Males: None

Females: Namora (Wooper)

I am now TERRIFIED of Geodudes. I just have no reliable answer to them! I'm going off of memory, so I have no clue who has what, and EVERYONE is weak to Geodudes! 5 Pokemon die to Rock Throw, and Red Riot can't take a Magnitude.

Honestly, and I hate to say it, but it almost feels like my only real option is release LyLA. She isn't gonna learn ANYTHING worthwhile for a VERY long time, her synergy with Monarch is AWFUL, and I have a definitive answer to Geodudes in my PC! I'll need to give it A LOT of thought...

Edit: Y'know, Joey, just because you Top Percent Rattata Mob is now my source of intel does NOT mean you get to attach yourself to this post! How'd that even happen!?

Attachments

Last edited:

Sebastian

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
cameronfedora
I really love the dialogue and all the details in your post. Good luck, I'm excited for the next update!

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
After the last part, I did a lot of thinking, consulted a few friends, and ultimately, I came to a hard decision.

Any way you slice it, LyLA is just not a Pokemon I can rely on. She doesn't get ANYTHING that's worth using as an attacking move until Lv 19, has absolute garbage synergy with Monarch, and only makes my problems with Geodudes worse. Namora the Wooper, who I caught last time, singlehandedly solves ALL of those problems, thanks to her being a water type with Damp, so Self-destruct is not at all an issue. Ultimately, out of all the females, LyLA is the weakest link by far.

I feel really bad for doing this, because I DID want to give an Ariados a chance. But the alternative is everyone dying to a freaking rock with arms, so... sorry, LyLA.

"I WISH ALL OF YOU LUCK! I KNOW YOU ALL CAN KEEP MITTEN SAFE!"

"...LyLA..."

"..."

"Bakugo! How could you!? Why would you just... kick her out like that!?"

"The alternative is she dies, you idiot! And we have a perfect way to solve all of our problems!"

"So just because YOU'RE a coward, LyLA could never... she... she could've been strong! I know she could've!"

"Probably. But if you guys got ambushed by a Geodude, that's it. You guys would BOTH be dead. And every one of us with you guys. Better she leaves now than die, alright?"

"..."

"He's right, you know. I'm sure she could've been great, but better safe than sorry. And I'm sure Namora could keep you safe."

"Mmmmhm."

"...Sigh. Fine."

Soo... yeah. Anyway, now that I can FINALLY safely train Monarch (That was another thing, training LyLA and Monarch together would have been near impossible to train!), I decided to take the time to train everyone to Lv 10.

[TRAINING INITIATED. PLOT ARMOR ENGAGED.]

So starting out, Namora was Brave Nature. That's the PERFECT Nature for a Wooper!

While training, I got Joey's phone number, since I forgot to ask earlier. Whoops!

He was also kind enough to tip me off about Violet City's Gym Leader in person. He has a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto.

"Somehow I feel like breaking something."

"Don't."

"Alright, if you say so."

"... Hey Red! You have any idea what Falcon's saying?"

"Of course I do, man. What, you saying you don't?"

"...I... WHAT-"

Monarch evolved (twice), getting crit after crit against the Metapods he was fighting. Someone is clearly not happy about earlier.

"It took a while, but... I can fight now. If only LyLA could see me like this..."

"Hmmm... I think you look great!"

"..."

Ultimately, after an hour and a half, the team looked like this.

"HEY, WAIT A MINUTE! Red, you dirtbag, why are you higher Level than all of us!?"

"To get Rock Throw, man. Help's deal with the Gym, right?"

"Huh. Why you didn't have that earlier I don't understand.

"Says the guy who didn't get Ember until Lv 10."

"Wh-HEY! Shut it!"

[TRAINING COMPLETE. PLOT ARMOR LIFTED]

With training done, we explored Violet City... and turns out we were just wasting our time. There was NOTHING worthwhile here! Except this guy, who suggested we come up with a name for our group.

"Justice League?"

"Litebrite?"

"Got it! Rockstars!"

"No, no, and I swear to Arceus DO NOT MAKE PUNS!"

I just went with "Avengers". Hopefully this group will make it to the...Endgame? Eh? Eh?

...Anyway, as the night fell, we decided to stop by the local training ground of the Monks, Sprout Tower.

"Okay, quick question, why did we train earlier if we were just gonna train here again anyway?"

"Bellsprouts. Bad for Red."

'Me and Falcon are gonna get more than our fair share of EXP in the Gym. You guys go ahead."

Before we began Training 2: Electric Boogaloo, I decided to get our encounter for Sprout Tower. In daytime, we were guaranteed to get Rattata. At night, however...

...I'll certainly take a Gastly. Too bad it doesn't get good until Lv 33 thanks to it not getting ANY good Special attacks (except Focus Miss) until then so hopefully it won't come to that.

As for the name... pff. It counts! the Dirty Bubble from Spongebob is, in fact, a Supervillain!

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

The Monks set up a little Trial for us: Climb the Tower and beat the Elder. Simple enough.

Bakugo and Hawkgirl Leveled Up while doing so, so I swapped out to Monarch and Namora to deal with them. Unfortunately near the top...

"Oh no, a Hoothoot? This is bad... I can't Confusion it... what do I do...?"

"You let me do it! Mhm!"

"I... okay."

"Hypnosis?"

"Wait... Oh, you're right! That's not good... do we have any Awakenings?"

"No."

"Uh oh. Come on man, you can beat it!"

While Water Gun didn't do very much, It didn't hit back particularly hard with Peck, and Namora dodged BOTH of it's attempts to put her to sleep, winning her the fight. Nice.

"How the hell...?"

"My secret is... I'm always hypnotized! Mmmmhm."

After the random Hoothoot guy, I reached the Elder. But who had beaten me there but...

...Glove. Seems like these Monks don't discriminate.

Wait, "Tools of War"? Guess he follows the "Fight for glory, fight to the death" mentality that Joey was talking about.

"...Oh, it's YOU."

Hey. No thanks for getting the cops on my back, you jerk.

"That your problem. Now get out of the way, I've got places to be."

Before that, though, quick question: What exactly are you doing that would get the Elder to describe how you treat your Pokemon as "Tools of war?"

"It's got nothing to do with you. Unless... you want to fight? You think you and that Cyndaquil can beat me?"

Maybe later.

"Fine then, challenge accepted. Next time we meet, let's see who's skill outshines the other. See ya."

...I WAS JOKI-...He's gone.
...Well, I guess it won't be so bad.

...Maybe he'll die!

Oh right, I need to fight the Elder. I decided to use Monarch and Namora for this. They'd appreciate the EXP the most, since they both level up fairly slowly.

The first Bellsprout was no problem, Monarch beat it with just one Confusion. And as predicted, Hoothoot was next. Joy.

'My turn, hmm?"

"...Yes. I guess it is."

Peck and Water Gun aren't very strong, so this is more a battle of attrition. Well, Namora is more then down for that, time to-

Wait, he switched?! Well... okay then!

"I'll stop it."

And now back to the stallfest.

Once again, Hoothoot tries (and fails) to Hypnotize Namora, who just keeps whittling Hoothoot down with no issues.

"Nice."

"Mhm! You know it!"

It all seems well and good, until...

...Oh no. That's not good.

"Hey! Quit slacking! Get up! This isn't the time for naps, you idiot!"

"...Okay!"

Yes, Namora woke up on the VERY NEXT TURN. And even better? She's SLOWER than Hoothoot, so she lost literally no turns to sleep. Namora, you rock!

Indeed, Elder. Excellent indeed.

So as a prize, we get... Ugh. Well, I guess we were gonna get this sooner or later.

I didn't think Monarch needed String Shot, so I replaced it with Flash.

(Continued in Part 2)

Last edited:

Some Asian

Emperor Kim of MDK
AKA
Time Zone
Never
With that out of the way, it's time for the Gym!

"Yeah! I've been waiting for this!"

"Same."

"Halt, criminal! What do you think you're doing in this Gym!?"

Uh... challenging it? What else?

"Don't think I'll be fooled! Guards!"

Well, this is just great. At least he's not going all gun-ho about cooking my Pokemon or something stupid like that. Well, guess I'll just take on the guards. Shouldn't be too bad.

"You wanna fight 'em?"

"Of course."

This guy CLEARLY has his priorities in order! Well, something something high up, as they say.

Why is EVERYONE getting crits left and right? I'm not complaining though!

"That Spearow hurt you pretty bad. You gonna be fine for the next one?"

"No problems."

"Alright, if you say so..."

At least THIS guy is an actually competent guard.

...Or not, since both of his Pidgeys got taken out by Falcon without much issue! Red Riot may be a Rock type, but she's no slouch in this Gym herself!

Maybe you should have learned from the Monks and used a Hoothoot. How's that sound?

Anyway, with both guards eliminated, all that's left if to challenge Falkner himself.

"I don't know what lead you to stealing Pokemon, but know that I will not stand for it! I can assure you that I won't hold back against criminals, even common thieves such as you!"

Well fine then. Challenge accepted.

"Heh heh. I'm the toughest rock around. I won't let up!"

"Bring it."

"You guy'd better win."

"No pressure!"

"...Stay focused, okay?"

"You'll win, mmhm!"

Trust me, I have two. I know.

Well then... Let it begin!

Boss Fight: Gym Leader Falkner
Enemy Team:

For a Johto Leader, he has a striking lack of, y'know, JOHTO Pokemon!? Skarmory would obviously be too much, but would it have killed him to add a freaking Hoothoot to his team? Whatever.

Anyway:

"So that trainer's using a Geodude, huh? Guess she isn't all there when it comes to originality, huh? Then again, she must not be all there to begin with to go steal a Totodile."

"Alright, that's enough outta you. I oughtta-"

"PFFAGH! Sand Attack!?"

"I know your type, rushing in without any strategy... I'll tell you now, that's not how to-"

"...Well that didn't work! (Ow...)"

"Hah!"

"Hax isn't strategy, bird."

Well, as expected, Pidgey was a cakewalk to beat. But now for his ace...

"..."

"Not one for words, huh?"

"Hey, listen up, Red! That thing's got Roost, so it can heal any damage you do to it!"

"Yeah, so? I can just keep slamming it with Rock Throw!"

"But if it moves before you, it won't be weak to it anymore! Try a different approach!"

"Get speed."

"Oh, gotcha! Thanks, dudes!"

Rock Polish plus his +Speed nature SHOULD help him outspeed Pidgeotto, and what do you know, he DOES!

"Hah! I've got this in the bag! Hasta la vista, baby-"

"...WHAT!?"

"Forgot already? My brother's Sand Attack will be your downfall, little rock."

"GAAH! Cowards! Get back here and fight me like a man!"

"That would be suicidal. And I plan to win. Farewell, Geodude. Your journey ends here."

That one stupid Sand Attack caused Red Riot to miss FOUR TIMES IN A ROW with Rock Throw. (I lost two of the images, so take my word for it)
But yeah, something needs to be done, so...

Red Riot's Healing Items: 1/3

"So you've healed up? Well, I can do just that myself."

"I'll be real, I'm surprised it took you this long. Well, I guess you don't have much longer in this fight left to do that."

"And why do you say that?"

"This."

"!!! Well, not bad."

"Yeah! That's how a man does it!"

"You do still have room to grow. How about we have another duel when you've matured?"

"I'll take you up on it."

"Me too."

"Hey, Falcon, you were pretty quiet there. Were you worried?"

"...Yes. But you won. I'm proud."

"Eh, it wasn't that bad."

And with that, and Red Riot going up to Lv 12 from that nonsense, the fight is over! Falkner has been defeated!

"How could I have lost to a common thief? I'm a disgrace to the Johtian Gym Leaders! How di-"

No you're not. Honestly, thanks to that Sand Attack, I had more trouble with that fight than I expected. But more importantly, and listen carefully, but I'M NOT A TOTODILE THIEF!

"And what makes you say that? You could very well be lying to me!"

Did a redheaded edgelord with a Totodile stop by this place before me?

"A... Ah! I see! Did he-"

Yeah. Now tell the cops that I'm not a criminal, and-

"I'm... very sorry, but I'm not at a position where I can override the statements of the police.

What? You're a Gym Leader, right? Then how could-

"We Gym Leaders are in a position to hone the skills of trainers searching for glory. That was the job assigned to us by Lord Lance. And to be frank, my father, the previous Leader of Violet City, resigned due to Lord Lance's agenda. And as I only recently became Leader myself, I have little power across Johto. But I can assure you that Violet City will always welcome you with open arms."

Huh. Well, thanks. Wait, "Lord Lance"? Hm... can you tell me what he's up to?

"I haven't the foggiest idea. ...Ah! I almost forgot! As a token of your victory..."

Sweet.

"The next Gym is in Azela Town. I'll contact Leader Bugsy and try to alert him that you're no criminal, but I'm afraid that I cannot make any promises."

Alright. Well, thanks anyway.

Well, that fight went alright. I decided to stop by the Poke Mart to restock on Poke Balls and Potions, and that had some... interesting results.

First, Mom sent me a package! Thanks mom!

The second is... uh...?

Am I being scammed?

...YEP! This is 100% a scam! WTF.

!!!!!!!???????????

"Who... was that?"

"She looked... interesting, hmm?"

"That's one way to put it."

"I don't like her."

"I have a bad feeling about her myself... it gets my blood boiling!"

"Your blood's ALWAYS boiling, Bakugo. And besides, she's a lady in a kimono."

"That just HAPPENED to be outside when some weirdo game us a Pokemon Egg!?"

"...I guess you've got a point there."

"...I just hope we never see her again."

Bakugo the Cyndiquil (M)
Lv 12 (New Bark Town)
Blaze
Mild Nature
Good perseverance
-Tackle
-Growl
-Smokescreen
-Ember (THANK ARCEUS!!)

[Paired with]

Hawkgirl the Pidgey (F)
Lv 11 (Route 29)
Keen Eye
Hasty Nature
Somewhat stubborn
-Tackle
-Sand Attack
-Gust
-Why do you learn moves so slowly..?

Falcon the Spearow (F)
Lv 11 (Route 46)
Keen Eye
Gentle Nature
Proud of her power
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

[Paired with]

Red Riot the Geodude (M)
Lv 12 (Dark Cave)
Rock Head
Hasty Nature
Likes to thrash about
-Tackle
-Defense Curl
-Rock Throw
-Rock Polish
@Hard Stone

Monarch the Butterfree (M)
Lv 12 (Route 30)
Shield Dust
Rash Nature
Very finicky
-Sleep Powder
-Flash
-Harden
-Confusion

[Paired with]

Namora the Wooper (F)
Lv 11 (Route 32)
Damp
Brave Nature
Good Endurance (I think)
-Water Gun
-Tail Whip
-Rock Smash
-Mud Shot

This isn't technically a death, but...

LyLA the Spinarak (F)
Lv 3 (Route 31)
Caught in: Part 2
Released in: Part 3
Had you joined the team under different circumstances, I know you would have been a great hero.
Unfortunately, you never got the chance, and now you never will.
Take care, LyLA. I hope Monarch can move on from this.

Note that after this Part, LyLA will not be in the Deaths Box. I just wanted to give her some memorial.

Males: DirtyBubbl (Hasty Gastly)

Females: None

It's really a shame that LyLA never even got a chance to shine, but the cold reality is that I'd far more likely lose her anyway, so I think it's better to release her than to have her die.

But really, after all that panic about Geodudes, I suddenly get the perfect answer to them. How!? Seriously, a Water Type that can take Magnitudes and can't be blown up. I really hit the jackpot there!

Edit: SO glad I added that "Coming Soon" post from before, this post overdid it with the images, so now I have the whole update.

@Cynical_Toast Well, it's making me more attached to this team, so it's a win-win.

@Sebastian It's easier to get invested when you fully know what's going on, so yeah.