Music Song face off discoveries

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Our community has had a lot of face offs / showdowns for music over the years. it all started with the classic 100 Song Face Off, which has had several versions, and since then there have been some very fun variations (most recently the third version of the video game song showdown, which just had its final round before the semi finals!).

So I've been wanting to make a thread like this for a long time. what is a song you heard for the first time in any of these contests that you still listen to or really love? I have a lot of them and I know I can't be the only one!! you can also talk about anything else related to the song face offs if you rly want to :J ♪

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
no responses ?? dam maybe im the only one who fell in love with stuff bc of these games

some i can think of are Vagrant & Veela ~ Feint, the Mamas & the Papas ~ California Dreamin, Steven Sufjan ~ Chicago, Dire Straits ~ Tunnel of Love, No Doubt ~ Spiderwebs, probably others im forgetting ):

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Speed The Collapse by Metric was introduced to me on here, I listen to it a lot and really enjoy it!

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
Cabin 2
AKA
Volkner
Time Zone
UTC +10
There's only one song that I remember getting from a faceoff: Everything Black - Unlike Pluto, Mike Taylor

I know there's heaps of songs I saved, though.

Psychoreality

Lazy Music Boy
did i first hear bluebird due to a face off? i feel like i must have because it got me to listen to depression cherry (an album which i don't think was quite as good as bluebird as a song is)

oh, there was an aesop rock song too, but i dont remember its name anymore lol

Thundawave

☆ POP/STAR ☆
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
I went all the way back to V3 of the 100 Song Face-off, and I found quite a few.

Because I'm EDM trash (yay recent version):
-Everything Black - Unlike Pluto
-Monody - TheFatRat feat. Laura Brehm

Because I'm choir nerd:
-The Hymn of Acxiom - Vienna Teng (I went on to suggest it for my choir to sing - which they finally did WHILE I WAS ABROAD REEEE)

Others:
-Keeping Your Head Up - Birdy
-In the Name of Love - Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha (was late to the hype train for this lol)
-Halsey in general
-Hurricane - 30 Seconds to Mars
-Sound of Silence - Dami Im

I wonder where some Smash Camp Medley of Madness picks come from... :hmmazurill:

Flo

Half-Genie Hero
Time Zone
BST
man i vibe with dirty loops and i found them on a faceoff

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
The winning song from the last game showdown (can’t remember the name) was what got me interested in the Yakuza series. Such a beautiful song.

Moonwatcher

Darkness will rise to bring the light.
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Hmm, only one I can remember is Fresh Static Snow by Porter Robinson. I hated it at the time too. :P Still my least fav of his songs, but it's grown on me over time.