Spicy Foods!!

Ruellia

Lively Kooky
How spicy can you handle your food?? What's the spiciest food you've tried and how did it make you feel :o

The spiciest foods I remember eating were both Korean dishes that I bought at my fav grocery chain, H-Mart. One of the dishes was called tteokbokki and apparently I mistakenly bought the extra spicy one. The other dish was Korean style peppers in chili sauce and whole garlic.

The first of the two dishes was actually so spicy that it gave me a stomach ache, but I loved it so much and actually ate the entire thing despite how painful it was because it was freakin' delish. So dear marrilanders, tell me about your spicy food adventures! 🙌

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Ate a handful of ghost pepper potato chips thinking they weren't **** and my body paid for it the next 24 hours

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Beavs
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
IGN
Cali
I had 911 wings from my Uncle's bar. Tasted delicious. However, I had 12 of those super hot wings and... I didn't make it afterwards. Yeah, it was not fun. But I am tempted to try it again soon, this time only doing like 6-8 with having a beer or something with it (since I can drink with it).

Wren

Adept Trainer
I love spicy foods but my tolerance is average. I bit into a habanero once and it was an awful experience. D: Would not recommend.

What is everyone's opinion on the fluorescent red powder used to flavor things like Takis? When I was younger and just starting to appreciate spicy food, it felt cool and edgy to like spicy tortilla chips, but now I feel like they're kinda boring. They're super salty, and it's easy to get sick of them if I eat too much.

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I love spicy food.

I think the hottest I've done is mango habanero wings. That's the only thing that's really messed me up when it's come to spicy foods. Other hot sauces, no problem. Mango habanero, rip me. I love it tho, so I still get it.

I also went out for Indian food once with my mom, and they ask you how spicy you want your food to be. My mom did a 2 (which is on the lower end) because she's not into spicy like I am. I went with a 3, which was in the middle, and honestly, it wasn't even that spicy. To me, it was more mild than anything else. I kinda wish I'd gone with a 4, and honestly, if I ever go back (which we probably will one day because my mom liked it and we got a lot of food for what we paid!), I'll probably go with the 4.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i have very very poor tolerance for spice, which sucks because i really like it. when i eat something within that sweet spot, where it gives me a nice sting without **** destroying me, that's just the best.

the spiciest thigns i've eaten i think were just jalapeños. i like them in nachos. i can't handle much worse than that ):

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Lol my tolerance for spice SUCKS! And it's especially worse since all the native dishes around here are basically spice central so my grandparents look at me in disappointment when I eat chocolate to quell the spice.

And honestly just normal dishes my mom makes with a bunch of spices mixed together are the spiciest things I've tasted. Like honestly I don't think I could handle anything more

Fafrir

Cunning God of Death
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan (-6 GMT)
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
I have an excellent tolerance towards spicy food. Jalapenos are often part of my regular routine, hot sauce I can easily down, anything that's slightly spicy towards the average joe is nothing compared to me. I guess the spiciest things I had were a hot sauce that burned my nose (which caught me off guard but I got used to it), buffalo burnin' hot wings from Pizza Hut (I do need to give them another go), and ghost pepper chips. I did recall eating a scoop of wasabi whole and just shrugging it off for the most part.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Thought I had a super high spice tolerance. Then I ordered the spiciest curry at an Indian resturuant because since I never had Indian food, I didn't know how spicy it really was.

As Sojiro Sakura from Persona 5 says.... HOO BOY

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I enjoy spicy food a lot. Though I tend to enjoy medium or mild more than extra spicy, I can handle most spppiiiccyyy things decently.

ShadowedEevee

YJ-14
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Tabby
Time Zone
EST
I can handle some spicy things, but not all of them. It really depends on the food and if the spiciness hides the other flavors. I can handle it if it compliments other flavors in the food.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
despite my chronic whiteness I'm pretty good with spicy food. Had ghost pepper jack on a burger once and it was borderline painfully spicy but damn it was good, would EASILY eat that again.
It'd be dumb if I didn't like spice when my favourite cuisine is Indian Food. Once ate a vindaloo in the scorching summer heat while in Boston, still sweat a lot but damn I felt refreshed afterwards.
Spicy can definitely ruin a dish though, you want spicy with flavour, food that's just spicy and nothing else is not worth eating. Sweet and spicy? Ideal combination!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I'm not a fan of spicy food. My tolerance for spicy food is very low. Really, I just remember the one time in Foods where my group made burgers but we (well, two of my group members) threw in a bunch of spice, I don't remember what, but it made it complete inedible for me and I had to throw it out. I definitely don't go out of my way to eat spicy food.

Biohazard

The Dark Serpent
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria
Time Zone
UTC +2
I love spicy food and have a decent tolerance for it. Heck, I even love feeling the spiciness in my mouth.

I'm also that type who likes to put tabasco on almost everything, and cayenne pepper too.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
League Champion
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I do enjoy spiciness but realistically I can't handle very much. Spiciest thing I've ever eaten...would probably be the time my crazy roommate ordered some kind of special hot sauce through the mail last year. I wish I could remember what variety of peppers it had, but I tried a fingernail-sized amount on a chip and I wanted to throw up for the next few hours.

I mostly like the flavor of spicy foods. I too have been known to put hot sauce on various foods, I love Flamin' Hot Cheetos, and one of my favorite dishes is a spicy pork and pineapple stir-fry my mom makes with lots of ancho chiles.

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
mild spiciness and that's just about it. anything past that is a definite no.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
The hotter, the better. It's pretty bad - I'm at the point where the spicy quesadillas at Wawa just taste like turkey sandwiches, much to the amazement of my friends.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Standard Belgian cuisine is very bland since we don't really use a lot of spices other than salt, pepper and the occasional nutmeg. Since I did not grow up eating spicy food, my tolerance is pretty much zero. ;;

The spiciest food I've tried were some Korean dishes prepared by my teacher when I was taking Korean for a year as my minor at university. The taste was pretty good at first but afterwards it felt like my mouth was on fire. > < (Meanwhile she kept on telling me that it was not spicy. ;;;;;;;)