• Smash Camp 2020

Smash Camp, an event that has run for twelve years, has started once again! Everyone who joins is separated into one of four cabins where you'll compete to earn points through various activities, such as flash games, tournaments, and other events. At the end of camp, the totals will be finalized, and the cabin with the most total points wins. It's an awesome way to have fun with your friends while meeting new people in the process, and is open to anyone, not just members of the Marriland Forums!

Pre-Camp has officially started, with Camp itself beginning on Monday. It will be taking place exclusively on the Smash Camp Discord, which you may join by clicking here. If you have any questions, feel free to join the server and ask - we hope to see you there!

SQUAD

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Hello, squad! 🦐

It’s (almost) the last day of camp. That’s a bit of a bittersweet feeling, but I’m so thankful for the memories we’ve made this week, and for the ones we still have left to make! This is only my second Smash Camp and my first as a leader, and especially with having to work two nights of it I worried about my ability to serve as your counselor. I’m sure there are tons of places I could’ve done better, but I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to be your camp counselor this week. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of campers to have in my cabin, and I have genuinely enjoyed getting to know you guys this week so much. I don’t know what place we’ll end up coming in, but I know I’ll be satisfied whatever the result as spending this week with all of you has been absolutely… smashing. I want to take this time at the beginning of the end to thank YOU for everything you’ve contributed this week. This is a callout post. I’m going to tell you all how great you are.

First off, I’d like to extend a special thanks to Franciscosta and Moxie. I felt like you two in particular really stepped up to the plate when I was unavailable. I always felt like the cabin was in great hands while I was away. Thank you both so much!

Now for the individual shoutouts heck yeah!

BasedJarrod: My dude you really made the cabin chat more fun, you put in a great effort with flash games, and you were absolutely an asset to our cabin

Biohazard: I know it was tough for you to get most of the scavenger hunt items. Your efforts in everything you were able to do were very much appreciated, and I enjoyed seeing you around in our cabin chat. You did pretty well in EIM too!

BulbaJohn: you put on an amazing showing in the tournaments as well as with a lot of the games! You’re one quality shrimp and a huge contributor to the cabin. Your story was pure literary genius.

BZWGolem: I thought your flag was really cute and your efforts to submit what you can were absolutely appreciated!

Diarkia124: using them math skillz and thereby saving me from having to do math srsly thank you for that

Fafrir: the wonderful Shrimp Man art!!! I know you were busy but you still got it in (and with a broken pinky at that!!!) and that’s pretty amazing.

Franciscosta: those flash game tips were the bomb. Your communication (more like communism haha get it) with Kat for the alliance was A+ and your scores on the games never failed to impress

Gokudera: So many great contributions to Shrimp Man. He’s unappreciated in his time. You were also a big help when you could be around to help us work on puzzles!

Lazuli: you took time out of your busy schedule to hunt things down in Target and participate in events where you could and that means a lot!

Moxie: you’ve participated in so much Moxie!!! You put 100% effort into everything, and it really shows. I’m glad you got sorted into my cabin.

Mystical: helpful with solving the start of day puzzles and a positive attitude in our cabin chat!

piplup17: strong efforts working on all the puzzles! You contributed so much at the start of the days and it did not go unnoticed.

Rockie: Rockie you did great stepping up for the RPG! I know it was a lot sometimes but you performed splendidly like a true Bro(metheus)

Vigilance: that quality flag. I just. It was a work of art. I laughed when I saw it. It is wonderful.

Once again, thank you all so much for your participation this year! Shrimp Squad flies or falls through your efforts. I hope you’ve all been able to enjoy this Smash Camp as much as I have. Let’s keep it up on the last day and show everybody the power of 🦐!

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Thanks, Dino.

Hope you don't mind me posting a bit about my own thoughts ^^

Thank you for this week, I really enjoyed it and you guys are great!

Special Shoutouts:
-Rockie: you're so wholesome and I'm happy I got to know you more. Rock on! Ok you probably get that a lot, but I mean it. I think you're an awesome person. Also thank you for what you said to me on the thread a while back, I'm glad I give positive vibes!
-Jarrod: It's always fun to be random with you c: and I'm glad we got put on the same cabin again!
-Moxie: I think we've never interacted one-on-one, but I like your overall vibe! And I think you are assertive, which I admire.
-Wiktoria: I joined for you so ofc you mean a lot to me c:
-Andrew: <3 you know what I think about you :3
-Kaity: honestly glad you were switched to this cabin ^^ I think you're very sweet and I admire and respect you
-Devin: Ok we don't talk a lot on a personal level but I respect you a lot and like you as a person and our interactions
-Ashley: we don't talk much, but you're cool. Also your art skills are great!
-Dino: it was nice interacting with you more since we had never really interacted before. As a counselor you were very encouraging and helped with what you could, so that's obviously good.
-Joe: You're very dedicated into what you want to do. You're always fun to talk to.

General thoughts: I agree with what Dino said about participation. I didn't get to interact much with the people I didn't mention here, but I appreciated the cabin as a whole and I think I wouldn't have chosen any other cabin to be placed in <3
Edit: added an entry for Joe
Edit 2 Bubba is a bro too

Last edited:

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I'm so glad I moved to this cabin. I feel so cozy and at home here. <3 Thank you all for putting up with me and my real life issues this week. It really means a lot. ^^ Ya'll are really great and I really appreciate all of you guys so much.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Despite hearing about smash camp for the past like 4-5 years that i was on the forums this has been my first one and let me tell you I really don't want this cabin to be disbanded I really like all you guys!
I'm also gonna be a little thief and do one of these too-
Dino: Best Counselor! You've been busy with your awkward hours at work but you still put so much time into being a counselor, I have nothing but respect for you friend!
BulbaJohn: We seldom spoke but you beat me in the ZU tourney and I wish you BEST of luck in your remaining matches! Your story was a work of art too
fafrir: We also didn't speak much but you did so much art n stuff for the cabin! Shrimp man SHOULDVE got 1st place the staff are just MEAN
Franciscosta: My dude Francis you put in so much work with puzzles and competitions and flash games you really are a pillar of this cabin!
Lazuli: RPG BROS we all appreciate your scavenger hunt enthusiasm and energy to still contribute despite life getting in the way!
Moxie: the broest bro you've been on nonstop all week dude I feel like the chat most of the time was just you me and francis so i gotta say thanks for all the hard work! Also a personal thanks for helping me not completely suck at showdown, I did win my first match after all thanks to you!
Mystical: Gotta thank you for being on p often as well! Talks with you are always interesting and you had a lot of enthusiasm to get involved, v respectable!

There's also a lot of you I still barely even got to talk to because of timezones and life and stuff but Diarkia124, Gokudera, Piplup17, Biohazard, Vigilance and Jarrod you all seem like great people and I only wish we could all have been online at the same time!

Even if Smash Camp 2019 is coming to an end, this will be a great memory and the 13 (I think?) of us will ALWAYS be bros from now on. If any y'all ever need me I am but a stone's throw away- providing your phone or laptop with discord on it is within stone-throwing range

Also big heap thanks to all the staff for setting everything up this year! You all did a fantastic job!

Last edited:

BZWGolem

Conspirator☆
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Sorry for not being very active. I really tried my best to submit at least something when I had some time and strenght.
I will try to submit something today, it won't be much but at least something ;(

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
This was such a fantastic weeks and I'm so happy I got seeded into Camp 2. This was so much fund and everyone was friendly and do their best to help out.
Dino, you were a fantastic leader. Despite working 2 of the nights, you were active, friendly, and encouraging
We couldn't have asked for a better leader.
Moxie, you worked your ass off on those puzzles, especially that Karuko one. Thank you for being such a great campmate this whole week.
Bulbajohn, great job getting 2nd on the Smash Bros tourney! Awesome job!
Fafrir: Shrimp Man turned out amazing, and I feel we were robbed with 4th place. He is a beautiful man, and your art of him is superb.
Fraciscosta: the help with getting an alliance was fantastic!
Diarkia: Those math skills were extremely helpful.
I also like the jersey "trick" you used lol.
Mystical: you were such an uplifting ray of sunshine throughout the week, and your help with thosepuzzles was much appreciated.
I am so happy I got to be in such a wonderful cabin this year. You're all wonderful people :hearteyesazurill: