Nuzlocke Stephoney's Delectable White Nuzlocke! - Episode 3 - Cresscendo

Stephoney

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
EST
Hi everybody! For those of you that don’t know me yet, I’m Steph, and I’m happy to be able to welcome you all to my Pokemon White Nuzlocke! I'm going to be sharing this challenge in a format I haven't seen yet on these forums. Via video!

1. I must nickname all my Pokemon. (I’ll be using sweets and deserts as a naming theme)
2. I can only catch the first Pokemon I find in any location.
2b. Species clause is in effect
2c. I may only encounter a maximum of 5 dupes. After 5 encounters I’m not allowed to catch anything on that route.
3. If a Pokemon faints, it’s considered dead and must be placed in a dedicated death box as soon as possible.
4. I will choose my starter based on the last number of my trainer card, 123 will be Snivy, 456 will be Tepig, 789 will be Oshawatt, if it’s a 0 I will choose one at random and must release it once I have another Pokemon on my team.
5. I must play the game on set battle style.
6. No items in battle (excluding any kind of Pokeball)
7. Gift clause is in effect.
8. Shiny cause is in effect.
9. Once I enter a gym I can’t leave until I either beat the leader or wipe out.
9b. Does not apply to Elite 4 + N’s Castle.
10. Level limit goes as follows
Striaton City Gym: Lvl 13
Lenora: Lvl 19
Burgh: Lvl 22
Elesa: Lvl 26
Clay: Lvl 30
Skyla: Lvl 34
Brycen: Lvl 38
Iris: Lvl 42
Elite 4: Lvl 48
Ghetsis: Lvl 52

I'm not going too easy on myself here, but I love a good challenge! Hopefully luck will be on my side... I'm probably going to need it. Due to the fact I'll be doing this as a video series I may take a few days before I start posting episodes. That way I have time to make a decent layout and all that.

Last edited:

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Video format should be interesting ^^ good luck!

Stephoney

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
EST
@SkylarAlpha - Thanks! I'm having fun making these as videos, so I'm hoping they'll be just as fun to watch!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Episode I
An N-Credible Start!
- Start my adventure
- Get my starter Nazook the Tepig
- Route 1 encounter is Biscuit the Lillipup
- Listen to Ghetsis' speech
- Fight N
:tepig:
Nazook the Lvl 7 Tepig
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Tackle/Tail Whip/Ember

:lillipup:
Biscuit the Lvl 5 Lillipup
Nature: Bold
Ability: Vital Spirit
Moves: Leer/Tackle/Odor Sleuth

I included the summary so that people who don't have time to watch a 30 minute video can still find out what happens nice and quickly.
I hope everyone enjoyed, I'd really appreciate feedback on how I can improve these and make them more enjoyable in the future. I'm not quite happy with the layout so that might get altered in the future, likely when school work lightens up a bit.

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Okay so I watched your video ^^ (and liked and subbed, someone's gotta be that first sub right?)
They lay-out is pretty simple but does the job (I wouldn't even know how to like make videos and a lay-out so I think it's fine), but I do understand that you might want to fancy it up a bit or something ^^

I looked up what Nazook was since I had no idea what that was and it does look very tasty. Also, props for having Alexa spell Biscuit for you xD

Good luck on the next episode!

Stephoney

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
EST
@SkylarAlpha Thanks! Yeah the layout being simple is my biggest problem with it. I think I'm just going to tinker with it throughout the series and see what improvements I can make. I don't have a huge amount of skill or knowledge with photoshop, but I'm sure I'll learn more as I go. After all I have to start somewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Update - Computer Woes :ohnoazurill:

So unfortunately I'm already going to have to put this on hiatus. The cooling fan in my pc is busted and until I get it replaced my computer isn't stable enough to work on anything without crashing after a few minutes. That being said I have already ordered the replacement part so this hiatus shouldn't last too long (I'm hoping two weeks max, but maybe a bit longer). I'll still be active around to forums though!

Stephoney

Rookie Trainer
Time Zone
EST
My computer has finally been repaired, so I can finally continue this challenge after this 3 week hiatus. This was recorded before my computer had all its issues. Hope you all enjoy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Episode II
Straight to Striaton!
- Caught Baklava the Purloin
- Fought Bianca
- Made it to Striaton
- Received Strudel the Pansage from a girl in the Dreamyard
- Fought Cheren
:tepig:
Nazook the Lvl 10 Tepig
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Ember/Tackle/Tail Whip/Odor Sleuth