AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
Welcome to the discussion thread for Animal Crossing: New Horizons!

Feel free to talk about your island, villagers, your plans and projects, and any crazy shenanigans that occur as you collect money to pay off debts to a raccoon in order to make more things and pay off more debts!

(You know, that makes Animal Crossing sound less relaxing than it really is)

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Lizzy (Taller); Royale; Raere
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
SW-6769-1098-6000
Whattup gang, haven't played Animal Crossing since GameCube and I'm HYPE.

So far, loving it. I didn't actually start my game until the 21st so I'm about a day behind most people (minus the time travelers).
I've paid off my initial moving fees and my 98,000 Bells to get my house (which was upgraded this morning). I took the loan (198,000) for the next house upgrade.
Tomorrow the museum unlocks fully as well as the first stage of Nook's Cranny. I think I had to spend Miles on like 2-3 Island Tickets in order to gather enough Iron Nuggets for the shop. In addition, I'll be unlocking the second stage of my house and I've already got 148,000 Bells in the savings for that loan.

I AM TERRIBLE AT FISHING. I have no idea why, but I think my thumb just gets trigger-happy and I reel in at a "soft bite." I've only been able to get 32 successful casts in a row. :C However, I've been discovering if I hold my thumb to the side of the button (rather than hovering) and count 1-Mississippi, 2-Mississippi, etc. as the fish swims in - I have better luck. Gotta 4D Chess my own brain.

Question for my fellow island adventurers: what are your thoughts on time-traveling? Are you doing it? Loving it? Don't care? Couldn't be bothered? Hate it? Think that it's an abomination?

Personally, I REALLY want to. BUT, I'm stopping myself. I know the driving force behind me wanting to unlock it is my unhealthy desire to binge things (video games, Netflix, everything). So, I've been stopping myself and instead binging the Island Ticket adventures which have sate my appetite (for now). I am jelly of all the time travelers that have paths, fences, LADDERS, and more unlocked already - but I'll get there, in time. :lolazurill: I know that this way as well I'll personally feel more fulfilled when I reach those milestones and, more importantly, I won't get bored of it so easily. I think my time of using mad amounts of Action Replays in the past has taught me something about myself: "I can "exploit" my way to winning, but it just doesn't feel good and it gets boring too quickly."
but boi, is it fun :upsidedownazurill::upsidedownazurill:

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I’ve time travelled in previous AC games (played all but City Folk), but I have no plans to do so in this one for the time being. I might eventually do it, might not. So far this game offers enough to do that I haven’t felt the need, and it’s way more fun to follow the natural progression along with my friends and family who are playing!

Enjoying the game a lot so far excited to see what new experiences I’ll have each day :)

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
I've been no-lifing this game whenever I don't have work to do. It's my first time playing an AC game, and it's a really relaxing time-killer. Currently on the 548k loan, but turnips have definitely set me back by at least 100k. And since so many people are playing it, we've just been having a blast visiting each other's islands and catching rare fish on any island that's not ours (hi Jaye).

I don't plan to time-travel because I need to keep it slow. Schoolwork never stops for me.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
I haven't checked my game this morning yet, but I know I got Resident Services up to a building on my island. Unfortunately, I've also been having bad luck catching scorpions. I was close to one... only to get bitten by a mosquito. Which didn't help at all, because I then got attacked. Also trying to make a scorpion island is... well, terrible.

Anyway, I'm on the second upgrade (198k bells), and I'm sort of still going through it somewhat slowly, I guess. Thing is, I'm still waiting for the terraforming so I can really start moving stuff into the way I want it.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
My island is now at 5 stars, and nearly everything except the top right corner is formatted in some way. Currently trying to replace areas of random item spam with stuff that would make the island actually look nice.

My current villager list: Kiki, Skye, Bunnie, Judy, Julia, Fang, Piper, Boots, Nate, Kyle (holding for Brian). Kiki is my one true love, though I plan on keeping the first six for the long run.

I now TT only for the sake of kicking out or obtaining villagers.

How is everyone enjoying the events from the last major update?

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
I'm still at 3 stars, so I have a lot to do in terms of development and scenery - mainly scenery, as I'm still needing to move some villagers to where I want them. I'm... probably gonna move my cherry and orange orchards, though. I don't know, I kinda like where they are. I am gonna move my campsite from where it is, though.

I'm working on the loan for the fifth upgrade to the house - though I've been funding some inclines and bridges. I also just got all the path permits, so that sorts that out. Since I don't have NSO, I'm not gonna be able to get Fruit Roots, so that sucks a bit.

My villagers are: Leonardo, Charlise, Benjamin, Pecan, Rooney, Sprocket, Nana, Diana, Pompom and Lucha {My most recent one since I still can't find LOLLY}. Honestly, out of this lot, I like Leo, Sprocket, and Diana the most. I did have Puddles and Olaf, though I let them leave.

The only time I've time travelled was only a few hours back to catch the KK concert, but that was it. Haven't done it since.

As for the May stuff, I've started getting mushroom and mushroom recipes {due to being Autumn for me}, and I had to do the May Day island twice, since I didn't have enough cherries to get all 9 Bell Vouchers.

As for Redd, I've gotten him only twice {the first time, and then the first time after the art gallery opens} so far, and I am looking at a guide to get the real paintings for this.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I just finished my first incline, and started a 2nd bridge so I can get to the middle part of my island better.
My villagers are Bam, Reneigh, Alphonso, Audie, Vesta, and Pietro. I love them all.
I'm thinking I'd saving up so I can move the Ceanny because I put it behind Resident Servifes.
Its just not a great plat to have it.

Sylveonn

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Emily
Switch FC
SW-5650-2285-5327
I’m pretty happy with my island so far (even though I’ve been pretty lazy with designing it) and villager wise I have almost all the villagers I want permanently.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I've made sure to tell each of my villagers jot to leave when they're thinking of leaving, but I honestly might let Charlise and Chip leave if they want.
Chip says literally the exact same lines as Bam, and I like Bam a lot more.
And Charlise has mentioned how my island has a lot of food she's never tried 4 times in a row.
Even though it only has apples and pears. And Vending machines.